A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The ax falls on CTLs confirmed - anon

Posted: Nov 06, 2009

It is confirmed - the CTL position is going away.  Seems we cost MQ too much money.  All CTLs will soon be demoted to MMEs.   Unsure of actual date but the time is near.

Wonder what happens at the first of the year with our benefits?  Undecided 

I think MMEs/QAs and CTLs will be losing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
our sick days, etc., at the first of the year anyway. With the massive paycut of becoming an MME after being demoted from QA, running out of work all the time, having to type with carpal tunnel, and losing the benes, I'm looking to jump this sinking ship before they make everyone walk the plank anyway. There's nothing to keep me here anymore. The problem is that so many of MQ's QAs jumped ship already, there aren't many QA jobs out there right now, so I'm hanging on until something opens up elsewhere.

axe - oldie but goodie

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow!!!! That position didn't last very long. I bet the CCMs are not very happy now that they will have to DO IT ALL again. Boo Hoo for them....I'm crying so hard I can't work today. Just kidding.

I hope the CTLs don't get the boot. They've been doing a lot of the CCMs work and they deserve to be compensated for that fact in whatever position they get put into.

My CCM must be freaking out - not surprised

[ In Reply To ..]
My CTL did everything for the CCM- I think we only heard from the CCM once every 2 months. The CCM is probably hating life now that she might actually have to be in contact with her team. Oh the horror!

CTL? - Dodged a bullet

[ In Reply To ..]
By CTL, do you mean the team lead? There are just too many acronyms for me! If so, wasn't it just a couple of months ago we got the email asking us to be one? Didn't you have to "qualify" and jump through hoops to be considered? Why would they possibly demote those people to MME? That just doesn't make sense. As soon as I got the email I had a gut feeling the position was going to go by way of all of the other acronymed positions so I ignored it. It makes me sick since I really like my CTL. This is so sad.

CTL... - my experience

[ In Reply To ..]
I only heard from my CTL once!

Don't know what they did, but all I know is my CCM always contacted me, if I had issues, I contacted CCM. Never got an introduction e-mail about CTL, and I feel the postiion was useless.

Besides typing and editing, they answered e-mails to supposedly lessen the work of the CCM, but still had to contact the CCM for everything because they had no authority. Makes no sense what this company does.

Anyway... Kudos to the person who first said that this position would not last. I remember reading the board the day they announced the CTL position and it was a joke then and now.

Come on Q... how many hours of training were paid for this position? For the people who trained them, the training pay for the people who got the position, the hours spent on advertising for this senseless position for that person to get paid...

JUST PUT THE MONEY BACK IN OUR POCKETS NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My CTL has been fantastic, and I wouldn't - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
want to lose her. Always communicates, always available.

ctl - oldie but goodie

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right. They made a big deal out of the CTL position and now it's going by the wayside. I learned long ago that very little MQ does makes any sense and usually their Bright Ideas burn out very quickly.

I wonder what position is next in line for the chopping block. Is it going to be the MT, ME, MME, QATL, CCM, etc., etc. There are just way too many titles around here and too many of them are almost identical in job duties. I mean must there be an editor and a master medical editor? Give me a break. Why not just have an MT and an MME and get rid of the ME.

Once again the corporate minds amaze with their brilliance. How often does an MT transcribe and not read the report to find any errors? Do they really think getting the ME title thrown in makes the MT all of sudden editor their reports? Give me a break.

I must end my rant now.

Again, I wish the CTLs the best of luck and hope they don't lose too much if demoted.

ctl - oldie but goodie - iluvrainydaze47

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you happen to know how much money the CCMs and CTLs make? I am assuming they have a salary job and are paid by the hour since they don't transcribe. I was just curious.
CTL's - more than just a pretty face - Upset CTL
[ In Reply To ..]
I am one of those doomed - or soon to be doomed CTL's, so I can speak with pretty good accuracy on how much we make/how we are paid. I can tell you we don't make as much as you think and only a very small portion of our salary is hourly. We are allotted only .4 hours per day per MT we supervise - which in my case equates to about 1.5 hours - so all I do for you is a real bargain to MQ. The rest of my day, 6.5 hours is paid on production.

I am absoloutely devastated over this new development as I have developed such a good rapport with my MT's, ME's, MME's, and all the rest of those crazy acronyms - I prefer to call them "my ladies." I am always available to them during hours and off hours, and I genuinely care for them personally and professionally. I am pretty sure they are not going to be happy to hear I won't be their supervisor any longer. It's even going to be worse for them as I will be thrown totally into the work pool so for my own survival I will be typing and QA'ing jobs they have been doing. This is just awful in that many of them are begging for more work as it is, without throwing the CTL's back in the mix of people they will be competing with for the work.

I am tearful, so tired, so very tired of these life-changing events every two-three months. These changes affects all of our lives.

They already took away our vision benefit. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Found it buried in the open enrollment paperwork for this year that it was no longer included and must be elected and the employee must contribute. Unfortunately, I discovered that when I needed new class.

Similar Messages:

Job Seekers Board (Ramona Falls)
Sep 08, 2012

Something does not seem quite right about job posted by "Ramona Falls". Company mentioned is AMTS, but e-mail address is to SBC Global. Any information? ...

Does This Mean CTLs Will Be Doing Exactly
Nov 07, 2009

Sure sounds like it by this description from MQ Central:  "Customer Team Leads will spend 100% of their time working QA, editing and transcription (non-administrative aspects) of their jobs today. " ...

No More CTLs In SE Region
Dec 23, 2009

Big whoop-di-do.  ...

CTLs Assiging Jobs?
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know if CTLs can assign jobs?  A friend that works for MQ called me this morning saying there were 30+ seriously gravy jobs showing on the clinic account he/she works for and had been typing his/her fingers off to get to those jobs so could make some easy lines.  Yet, when he/she got there every single one of those jobs had been assigned to someone.  This is a clinic acct in SA3 and it was the time of day CTL would be on.  I told him/her to either accept that it was ...

It's Been 'confirmed' Where 'my' Work Is Going.
Jul 20, 2012

More work from the account being sent to our global centers (AKA India) according to report by a manager. Relatively new account. Started off as straight typing. Within the last week and a half or so went to ASR. Now to the other side of the globe. Ah yes - we created a good impression for the new account and now that their guard may be down and after we trained ASR, off to the ILPs. My only hope is that the doctors who apparently read their reports before continue to read their rep ...

It's Official - Read It On MQ Central - No More CTLs
Dec 11, 2009

They are all being replaced (I think 400 as  remember) with Regional Team Leads who will cover nights and weekends when the CCM is off.  I think the CTL position came and went in only 6 months.  Is that a record? ...

HR Confirmed The Insurance Thing...
Oct 20, 2010

Ok, the benefits company had told me that as an MT I do not qualify for Choice Plus, I am only eligible for the HRA plan which is quite ***** if you ask me because the website has both plans listed side by side and compared to each other and says NOTHING about how only people in corporate are eligible for the Choice Plus plan.  I have worked for MQ for about 4 months and they haven't even gotten me the information for the crap plan yet so I can't even use it.  I feel like I w ...

Has Anyone Ever Confirmed That We Get Paid Straight Type For F11
Feb 15, 2011

By that, I mean, can you actually tell on your pay check? I've tried to in the past but have never been able to confirm it. I am seriously so ready at this point to F11 for my entire evening shift (if I thought I would get paid for straight typing). Might as well, that's what I'm doing anyway! ASR has been very naughty in the past couple of days (worse than usual) and in my earlier shift, honestly not more than one word usable in an entire sentence. It is griping me to no end to g ...

CT Neck S/l "falls" Compromise
Aug 04, 2012

There is a larynx mass and the dictation sounds like - "There is slight falls compromise of the airway at the false cord level."   Thanks! ...

Rigid Proctoscopy Confirmed The Presence Of A Lesion 4 Cm Above The "denty".
Jun 12, 2010

A colonoscopy demonstrated a 4 cm mass 2 cm from the anal verge.  Biopsy confirmed moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma.  Rigid proctoscopy confirmed the presence of a lesion 4 cm above the denty. ...

Toxiblay Confirmed As "‡etat Crible‡"
Mar 27, 2013

rad filled in word etat crible pronounced atociblay ...