A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wonder how many JLG MT's jumped ship? - just curious

Posted: Sep 25, 2011

I'm still here, rockin w/ MQ! Anybody else?

I'm on the ledge of the ship ready to jump! I've been - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
absolutely sick since this nightmare started. I do not want to work for a company who punishes MTs for QA submissions (especially those that are out of MT's control), and I definitely CANNOT handle any sort of paycut right now!!! And we all know that is coming. I'm putting my feelers out and pretty sure I'm going to wave MTing goodbye. So sad because I was very happy and doing quite well working at JLG.....

I worked at one company who took money - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
away for a certain percentage of blanks sent to QA, but at this company there was no option to send blanks to the client, so this policy at MQ is not affecting me a bit because I send any blanks I might have to the customer. The grass is not always greener at other companies and have to be very careful not jumping from the pan into the fire, as I once did and so came back to MQ.

Besides, it seems MQ will soon own it all, so no place left to go except to get out of MT altogether, which I am working on.

Not a JLG MT, but I'm a rat who jumped - when Q bought me.

[ In Reply To ..]
Today was my first day at a new job, and I actually finished more lines in this 1 day than I had come into my queue in 3 days at the Q, even though I had been on my primary account for appx 5 yrs or so before I was bought. So glad, for now, that I took that leap. Good luck to all of you remaining.

jumped before I had to walk the plank... - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
When Spheris was bought out there was a mass exodus during the process of the sale, which kept us on edge for about 8 weeks, though it seemed longer. Then another mass exit when it was revealed "who" had bought us. A few months later, after the first pay cut more left. I could always tell by the "notifications" we would receive, and immediately there would be mass OT available....I went to PT after the first pay cut. After that my heart was never really in it and I transistioned full time to the other PT job I had. I couldn't deal with the constant fear of another "reward" (as they called pay pay adjustments)arriving in my Email. Of course, 3 days before I left my account of over 10 years "disappeared," headed to India I presume. At that point I figured "here's your sign." So sad. I loved being an MT.

Agreed, but perchance somehing brighter? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I also stayed through the Spheris buyout and had been at the same "company" (not sure how you put it through all of the mergers, but I started at HealthScribe). Absolutely wanted to retire from there (I have about 20 yrs until that can happen). I LOVED my job, but after the Q sucked me in, I was miserable. Put up w/ the first pay cut (I was tier 4 w/ 99.5% QA avg) and then came the second and then my hospital also disappeared. I was averaging a bring-home pay of roughly $250/week, and before the haters start, yes, I tried to work my own schedule, don't cherry pick, and just wanted to work. Just started a new MLS job and I had more lines in 1 day in my queue than I had in 3 @ the Q. Good luck to those left.

still here - cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't plan on going anywhere just yet, will wait until the dust settles before thinking about that

jump ship - notsure

[ In Reply To ..]
Looking into a position locally with an attorney, totally different work, straight hours, 8-5, no weekends, no holidays, just a "real job/real life"-- worked for Q before, can't wait for the pay cuts or the whole voice thing- ugh! I love my accts at JLG!

Q NOT SO BAD - GLAD TO HAVE A JOB

[ In Reply To ..]
Q is not that bad. Even with all the pay cuts and NJA, I still am happy to have a job. There are so many out there wishing they had a job. No job is perfect. There will always be something you do not like at any job you are at. I get stressed sometimes but still luv my job. If I ever leave, I will leave to do something different. Looking into billing and coding. MT jobs will be a thing of the past with all this speech recognition nowadays. Been with the Q for 6 years. Good luck to you all.

Well said!! Love a positive attitude <3 - young gun

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Me too, nowhere left to go anyway with MQ - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
buying all the other companies. Best for me to stay here where at least I have familiar accounts that are good, good communication from CCM, a schedule that works for me, and ASR not that bad once I got used to it, and still making several dollars more than minimum wage and able to support myself. I know I will never make the wages I once did no matter what MT company I work for, seems pretty much the same across the board.

postive attitude - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how long you have been with the Q dear Attitude. I too used to have a positive attitude, or tried to. I remained positive during the selling process of Spheris, I remained positive during the first few months afterwards, I even TRIED to be positive after the first pay cut of 10% along with the loss of my production bonus and Internet reimbursement... but the next pay cut not even a year later, then my account disappearing literally overnight well, let's just say "didn't take me long to figure out how far in the toilet I was." Left that week for a job not MT related for more $$$. Perfect job, no. But I like it overall and like being able to pay my bills on time, not in the grace period!!! Oh, I should add I live in a small town too, and within the next couple years there are 2 medical facilities slated to open..... hmmmmm-I actually feel pretty good about my future! Bye-bye MT world, but if the good times are all gone, I'm bound for moving on!

Similar Messages:

Since I Jumped Up And Down When There Was No Work, It Seems Only Fair Sm
Jan 09, 2011

to say that the work famine seems to be over at SoftScript ... whew!  I still think it was poor management and overhiring that made it as bad as it was, especially since I work for another MTSO who had work constantly throughout the holidays.   Still, I'm happy to see things flowing better so that maybe now I can make an accurate assessment as to whether it is worth it to me to stay. ...

Ever Felt Like You Jumped From The Frying Pain Right
Jan 11, 2012

straight into the fire?  ...

Abandon Ship
Nov 27, 2012

We need to take massive action to change this industry.  Are we going to continue to take the lies from the thieving MTSOs?   A lawsuit here, a lawsuit there, that is helpful for the few involved, but as a group we have to make change happen now.   Fear is keeping us here, and that is what they want.  They steal our pay, they disrespect us, while they get rich.  That's not right in my world.  I deserve to have work when I log in.  I deserve to be paid a ...

With Everybody Jumping Ship From These Companies--
Mar 07, 2014

and everybody sending resumes to the few remaining companies that are left, this is going to cause a big glut of hungry MTs looking for jobs, so guess what?  The MTSOs are going to start lowering their line rates, upping their requirements for equipment, internet, etc., and the MTs are going to be the ones losing even more in the end.  Then with shipping the remaining work to India and the EHR, it is DEFINITELY time to get out of MT!  The ones who can't see this and are hangi ...

Employees Jumping Ship?
Dec 03, 2014

After the new compensation plan was "explained" today, I wonder how many employees jumped ship.  No one should have to work under those conditions. Smh  ...

Considering Jumping Nuance Ship
Jan 22, 2015

Are there any good IC positions that use Editscript?  I have 5 years experience on this platform.  I have a ton of heme onc experience as well.  I can get on my BF's insurance, so I don't see why I shouldn't go to contracting and be done with this pay system...   ...

Does Anyone Know If Diskriter Pays For You To Ship The Computer Back, Or Sm
Dec 15, 2011

if you have to pay for it yourself?  I am really unhappy there, but I hate to incur another big expense around Christmas time if I do not have to do so.   TIA. ...

Stop Putting Thank You, When It Stands Alone, Under Ship Markers
Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves ...

Occipital Nerve Block, Kenalog Injected In A S/l "fan Ship" Manner. SM
Jul 31, 2014

A 25-gauge, 2-1/2 inch needle was then introduced and 10 mL of 1% lidocaine along with 40 mg of Kenalog was then injected in a "fan ship" manner. ...