A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know if Diskriter pays for you to ship the computer back, or sm - Wanting out

Posted: Dec 15, 2011

if you have to pay for it yourself?  I am really unhappy there, but I hate to incur another big expense around Christmas time if I do not have to do so.

TIA.

Yes they do. The will ask you to pack it and they will send carrier to get it.nm - Jeri

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yes - JF

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes they do, and they want it back as soon as possible after you quit. They will call you and tell you when it is going to be picked up so you can have it packed and ready to go. I'm happy to hear that I wasnt the only one who hated it there. Leaving will be the best thing you ever did!

Wow. Could you 2 posters elaborate. I was going to accept a position - Dodging bullets?

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering if I dodged a bullet and was recently so desperate for a job that I considered emailing them again about a job. How long have you both been there and what is making you want to leave?

VR doesn't "learn," jobs load separately from typing platform, pay sm - Wanting out

[ In Reply To ..]
for straight typing is 7 cpl, and something has to be going on with the platform as I can barely do 200 lph straight typing compared to 300-350 other places, and only 350 or so VR. If you want to make any money, this is NOT the place to be! You will not have any work during your shift, and then suddenly there is OT approved, then again when it is your shift, there will be no work. You never get any feedback unless it is something negative. I had to beg for feedback when training, never knowing if I was doing things correctly or not. I have been there 6 months now and I am tired of getting up every morning and dreading my job. A woman who retired left a note to everyone, including the higher ups, about all that she thought was wrong and she hit it on the head. Of course, that was squashed and nothing has ever been done to change anything, but I applaud her for her guts to speak up, even if it was on her way out.

Diskriter is probably not the worst place in the world to work, but it is on my list of places I'd rather not work.

Good luck to you.

Why do you hate it? - stunned by NTS/WX takeover

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm looking for something else since I have had the rug pulled out from under me at Webmedx (Nuance now). It used to be the best, now it's the worst. Looking at Diskriter's ad. Do they suck, too? Why?

Platform is horrible for one... - JF

[ In Reply To ..]
I went and looked at the ad and saw that the platform used was Dolby Fusion, which is the same horrific, dinosaur platform they had when I was there. You have to use a separate player with it, voice is not even integrated with a sound card. Jobs get stuck in the player all the time and you will get emails telling you "a job has been in your player since such-n-such a time, please do it now!" Plus, there is mandatory overtime every week, which in my opinion would not be the case if they were to upgrade their system and make it more functional and productive. If you want to know more just email me.

I'm leaving too -- felt like a tremendous weight had been lifted off my shoulders sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
when I resigned, and I am happy to send back their cruddy computer. It makes noises like a jet engine trying to take off, and when I told IT about it, they didn't care, just told me they could back up my data for when it crashes. That's the least of my worries, though. I just hated being obligated to a company that felt no obligation to me in return. I was supposed to be there but they felt no obligation to provide the work they promised.

Happier days are ahead. :-)

Similar Messages:

Diskriter :: Applying Since They Loan Computer
Aug 08, 2011

Thinking of applying since they loan computer... how is the work... how is the sound quality, the line requirements, stability of accounts and ability to make money.  The last one most important, can you make a living there. Thanks for any and all advice. ...

Number To Call To Get Computer Deposit Money Back
Jun 24, 2015

I quit Nuance over a year ago and just recently sent computer back (their delay, not mine).  I'm supposed to get computer deposit money back but haven't yet.  Does anyone know the correct phone number to contact regarding following up on this? Is it Human Resources? Only numbers I have are old TM and HR number from 2011. Thanks. ...

Wonder How Many JLG MT's Jumped Ship?
Sep 25, 2011

I'm still here, rockin w/ MQ! Anybody else? ...

Abandon Ship
Nov 27, 2012

We need to take massive action to change this industry.  Are we going to continue to take the lies from the thieving MTSOs?   A lawsuit here, a lawsuit there, that is helpful for the few involved, but as a group we have to make change happen now.   Fear is keeping us here, and that is what they want.  They steal our pay, they disrespect us, while they get rich.  That's not right in my world.  I deserve to have work when I log in.  I deserve to be paid a ...

With Everybody Jumping Ship From These Companies--
Mar 07, 2014

and everybody sending resumes to the few remaining companies that are left, this is going to cause a big glut of hungry MTs looking for jobs, so guess what?  The MTSOs are going to start lowering their line rates, upping their requirements for equipment, internet, etc., and the MTs are going to be the ones losing even more in the end.  Then with shipping the remaining work to India and the EHR, it is DEFINITELY time to get out of MT!  The ones who can't see this and are hangi ...

Employees Jumping Ship?
Dec 03, 2014

After the new compensation plan was "explained" today, I wonder how many employees jumped ship.  No one should have to work under those conditions. Smh  ...

Considering Jumping Nuance Ship
Jan 22, 2015

Are there any good IC positions that use Editscript?  I have 5 years experience on this platform.  I have a ton of heme onc experience as well.  I can get on my BF's insurance, so I don't see why I shouldn't go to contracting and be done with this pay system...   ...

Stop Putting Thank You, When It Stands Alone, Under Ship Markers
Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Occipital Nerve Block, Kenalog Injected In A S/l "fan Ship" Manner. SM
Jul 31, 2014

A 25-gauge, 2-1/2 inch needle was then introduced and 10 mL of 1% lidocaine along with 40 mg of Kenalog was then injected in a "fan ship" manner. ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

W2 Pays
Jun 07, 2010

If you work for spheris and do both piece rate and speech recognition do you get seperate pays for each and w2s? ...

Who Pays 5 Or 6 Cpl For VR/SR?
Oct 20, 2010

I keep reading posts about companies that pay 5 or 6 cpl for VR but where are these companies posting their job ads?  I have 13 years of experience as an MT and my hands are sore and ache with all of the straight typing.  I would love to make 5 or 6 cpl for VR not 3 or 4 cpl for VR!!!!!!  Email me the names of these companies if your afraid to put them on the board, I don't mind !  ...

TTD Pays Only 0.03 For VR?! What?!
Jul 05, 2012

So if they have horrible accounts and you can edit only 250 lines an hour then you're making $7.50 an hour? Or even 300 lines an hour then you're making 9 bucks an hour?  Is this a joke?! ...

Does Anyone Know If OSi Pays For Training?sm
Jan 29, 2011

and if so, how much and for how long?  Also, any negative or positive comments about the company would be great, too.  Thanks!  ...

Wow - Apparently MQ Pays Well, Too!
May 14, 2011

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/ceou/database.cfm?tkr=MEDQ&pg=6 CEO Pay Database Peter MasanottiPresident and Chief Executive Officer MEDQUIST INC (MEDQ)Headquarters: MOUNT LAUREL, NJBusiness Services 2009 Compensation   2009     Salary $500,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $0 Value of Option Awards $0 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $700,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensati ...

Persistence Pays
Aug 15, 2011

To all you are wondering if it can happen.  Yes, it can and it did for me.  I was just hired for my first coding job!!!  I am only half way through my AHIMA coding course but I have 20 years of acute care transcription experience.  I applied for every job that came up even if I did not meet the requirements.  Only a few responded, but that is okay.  It only takes one.  I was really surprised that I even was offered the chance to test.  My first test was a ...

Is There A Company Who Pays More Than 0.085 Cpl
Sep 22, 2012

Still cannot see which Transcription company pays the best.  No one wants to say.  Is there a company who pays more than 0.085 cpl? ...

Check Out This Ad, If You Think VR Pays Low.
Jan 14, 2013

http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=0f5077fb6e43f827&q=transcriptionist&tk=17grulpri069g0c3&from=ja&alid=1a4a919d4738efdf&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts ...

Temp Job That Pays Well
Aug 19, 2013

I was hired as a recruiter for a large cancer nonprofit that holds walk-a-thons. It is a 3-month temporary position and I was allowed to choose the hours, anywhere from 20 to 40 hrs a week. It involves reaching out to corporations and individuals and asking them for in-kind or monetary donations as well as participating in the walk-a-thon itself. Most of the contacts are repeat donors and are happy to get the call to join in the event again. Participation with the event is also required - se ...

How Often Imedx Pays?
Oct 17, 2013

Can someone tell me how often Imedx pays? Weekly? Biweekly? Thanks in advance. ...

Ok, Here Goes.... MQ Pays Better VR Rate Than Some Other Companies
Nov 24, 2009

NM ...

How Much WebMedx Pays Its QA People?
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone have any idea how much WebMedx pays its QA people?  Can you make a decent living doing it? ...

If Softscript Pays Hourly?
Mar 25, 2010

Does anyone know if softscript pays hourly? Are there any hourly paid jobs out there? ...

If Amphion Pays For Spaces?
Jan 29, 2011

Can anyone tell me if Amphion pays for spaces? ...

Transportal Pays For Spaces Or Not? 
Feb 14, 2011

Does anyone know if Transportal pays for spaces or not?  ...

Currently Working For A Company That Pays 0.055 Cpl
Sep 07, 2011

Currently working for a company that pays 0.055 cpl.  How can anybody make any money?  Throw in their formatting and you might as well be working for free.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  ...