A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FINALLY. An acct specific that changes "pussy dischage" (sm) - sm

Posted: Dec 24, 2009

To pus-like or purulent.  I was told 30 plus years ago to change it to pus-like, but had never seen anything verifying to do it per account until today.  Just made good sense to change it.

But alas.... not nearly as funny! - Zircon

[ In Reply To ..]

Oh I remember the first time I got that in a dictation!! sm - MT in NC

[ In Reply To ..]
I was training in-house doing ER reports and had to ask a male manager there if I was really supposed to type that. I think turned purple from embarassment. I was in my 20s at the time...now I would probably laugh.

Yes - but...

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had some dictators who were so crude that you couldn't be absolutely certain they didn't mean exactly what it looks like! :D

Similar Messages:

Ok, Maybe Im Exhausted, But Typing A Report Where The Wound Has "pussy Drainage." SM
Nov 16, 2009

I mean I must have come across this before and if I have and have typed pussy drainage, I guess I never really thought it sounded funny... but tonight it does and Im totally confused.  With pus translate to pussy when describing a wound's drainage?  Or should I change it to pus-like drainage? ...

Specific Information For Your TAA
Mar 09, 2010

I just spoke with my TAA representative and he told me when you apply for UI through TAA, use the Medquist TAW#72153.  This is the official, approved number given to our beloved company proving they are getting rid of our American jobs to Indian workers.  The most important paragraph I found in the approved petition was: "All workers of MedQuist, Inc., Mount Laurel, New Jersey including workers at home sites throughout the United States, who became totally or partially separated from ...

Specific Gravity
Jan 22, 2011

In urinalysis, dictates specific gravity 1016.  He says "ten sixteen". Would you change this to 1.016? ...

Specialty Specific
Sep 12, 2012

I am a big cardiology buff and would love to do only cardiology transcription. If anyone has knowledge of places that have a lot of cardio accounts, would you be kind enough to point me in their direction. You can e-mail if you don't want to put names in open.  I can offer help in return too as able.  TIA. ...

Are There Specific Regions
Feb 28, 2014

Specific regions??? I wish. I am supposed to be West but have reports from California, Oregon, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia, etc.  You name it.  Hardly ever the same client or dictator. This doesn't make it easy to make line count or any money having to start over with every report.   ...

Can A Culture Be Specific For Cipro?
Dec 18, 2009

He says "pus aspirated from the abscess and the culture was specific for cipro.  He was placed on cipro".    Is that right?  ...

Client Specifics Should Be Less Specific!!
Jan 13, 2010

Why, oh why can't all the dictators on one account use the same format????!!!!! Dozens of doctors on the same account and they all want different styles.  Some want headings capped, some do not.   Some want bold, some do not.  Some want them underlined and some do not.  Some want PHYSICAL EXAM, some PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, and then some EXAM.  Followinig on down in a note, you can just imagine how many differences there are with each dictator.  These guys ...

Specific Questions About TransTech...please Help If You Can SM
Nov 04, 2011

Full time is considered 40 hours/5500 lines per week, right? Is it a mix of straight typing and VR? Are there a lot of ESL...or about average? How much per pay period does the single healthcare premium cost?  Are the benefits good?  Is there PTO, 401K, etc?  Are they very strict about your schedule...or could one work 2 hours outside their schedule either way (and still do 8 hours)? Do they provide the computer/equipment?  Do you have to pay to lease their equipment ...

Took The Survey And Was Very Specific With My Opinions
Dec 13, 2011

Very specific: Low pay, no incentive, extremely stringent time constraints, TIME CLOCK, MedQ does not support the workforce that currently makes their company.  Acknowledged that MedQ is busily developing technology to do away with the MT, but in the meantime, need to pay the highly skilled MTs that keep them in business.  Also acknowledged that personally I do not have a problem with a capitalist principle to develop said technology to make seemless VR into the EMR.. But until that ...

Looking For A Specific Name For A Surgical Catheter
Sep 15, 2014

This is an orthopedic procedure, total elbow arthroplasty.   Prior to closure, a new (s/l) PIGMAN catheter was placed in the superolateral aspect of the elbow as an inflow, and a medium Hemovac was placed in the distal lateral aspect of the elbow, both seen in the joint.   ...

When They Ask For A Specific Foot Pedal....
Feb 12, 2015

I scratch my head.  I have always had a V-pedal and there are ads I come across that say in their 'MUST HAVES' an Infinity pedal is needed.  Why?  I can't see any reason for this?  And of course, "if you don't meet these req's don't apply."  Anybody relate?  ...

Looking For A Specific Keyboard Cover
Apr 27, 2015

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom covers for split keyboards?  I have a Goldtouch I got off of eBay a couple of months ago and I need a cover.  Sick of it getting dust bunnies.  TIA ...

Do You Ever Get So Sick Of A Specific Dictator's Voice That You
Sep 12, 2013

nm ...

Has Anyone Ever Asked, When Told A Specific Doctor
Jul 17, 2014

was complaining about your work, asked who the doc was and been told?  ...

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

Any Companies Out There Who Leave You Alone And Do Not Require Specific Hours
Feb 19, 2013

Are there any companies out there who let you just do your work and do not require you to give them a time or if you leave your computer that they constantly harrass you? ...

Put On New Acct
Dec 14, 2011

Has anyone else had to change supervisors and accounts because of low work.  I just wanted to know if I was the only one. ...

New Acct
Nov 04, 2012

Is anyone supposed to start on the new acct that goes live tomorrow?  First name of acct begins with an S.   Thanks! ...

Being Put On A New Acct.
Dec 14, 2012

Anyone out there in Nuance world just absolutely refuse to work on a new acct? ...

NJA SA2 Trying To Get Back-up Acct...am I The Only One?nm
Nov 17, 2009

nm ...

New Acct - Training? Why?
Aug 24, 2010

I am starting a new acct tomorrow.  I sure hope I dont have to go through training.  We never have been trained on the cesspool that we get, we just get new accts when our regular work is caught up, so why do we need training on a new account?  That is ridiculous.  MQ, please just let me work and make a living.  Stop with all this changing CCMs and assigning new accts.  This coming pay check I probably will have 2 days on it if that much.  Geez.. ...

WMX MTs With New Acct. Mgrs.
Mar 16, 2011

them yet? Have they checked in to say hello? ...

What Would You Do? Verbatim Acct. Doc Says, Sm
May 23, 2012

lisinopril/HCTZ 20/125.  I'm sure she meant 12.5 but she clearly says 125.  I don't want to leave a blank as I get penalized.  I'm thinking to just do as I know and put 12.5.... ...

Anyone Else On An Acct That Allows No Blanks...
Mar 22, 2013

I'm on accts that do not allow any blanks at all through to the cliient.  ALL blanks must go to QA.  I haven't ever worked on an acct that would not even allow one blank to the client.  Anyhow, might not would be so bad but the dictators are TERRIBLE!  Many ESLs also.  Combine no blanks allowed with terrible dictators = sending more to QA.  That means docked pay if 5% or more.  Oh, and don't let me forget, no samples yet.  So you have to ho ...

Help! Verbatim Acct And In PMH The Doc Says, Sm
Mar 26, 2013

significant for hypOtension and a few diagnoses down from that hypeRtension.  I would leave it a blank if it did not cost me money but not sure she meant the hypOtension.  She repeats herself alot but she clearly says hypOtension.  It's a guessing game! ...

Work On My Acct In The Red.
Jul 27, 2013

My last week of notice, and work is so far behind it is incredible. Wondering if everyone else on my team quit. I feel bad for the patient, not for this company. SMH. ...

OOW Main Acct
Feb 27, 2015

Something is seriously wrong. I am very rarely OOW on my main acct, especially on Friday nights.  Had no work in there all afternoon, now 2 reports and it looks like there are some people who are getting jobs.  Either work is very sparse or too many people are in my account flexing from earlier in the week. ...

I-Medx - Anyone Do That NW US Acct?
May 09, 2015

nm ...

Help! Verbatim Acct, Doc Says Pip Tazobactam
Oct 30, 2009

would you just put pip-tazobactam?? I'm also thinking she made a mistake saying pip which I know is piperacillin.  Thanks so much! ...

No Jobs On Transcend Acct.
May 15, 2010

Hi Transcend MTs:)  It happened, and I never thought it would for this acct., but we have been without work, and when I signed in this afternoon there was only 1 job that I received in my pool.  Called in, and essentially I will be waiting during the night for work.  Is anyone else having this problem? ...