A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No required line count - chrisbrija

Posted: Mar 11, 2011

I would like to know if there are any companies out there that do not require a line count per day or week.   I have been away from transcription for a long time, almost five years,  and I don't know if I could handle having to worry about that.  I looked in the Archives, but the info in there is too overwhelming and confusing.    Any suggestions?  Thank you. 

Unless you get an IC position, I seriously doubt - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it. Companies have to know how much is going to be done and when to keep up with TAT.

No required line count - chrisbrija

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, I probably would be more interested in an IC position, as I don't want to work full time, only part time. So, if anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Line count - No required line count here

[ In Reply To ..]
There are plenty of them out there, you just have to look. I work for four companies right now as an independent contractor and I'm not required to have a schedule or a line count with any of them, three of which I got hired for in the last three months. Be mindful about all the bad talk on here too. Three of the jobs I got hired for were for companies that some people on these boards nitpicked because they didn't have a website or because they misspelled in their ads. I got the jobs because I wasn't picky about those minor details and wasn't paranoid to send my resume, of which contains information that anyone could get on google anyway. Don't apply to the nationals if you don't want a minimum line count.
no required line count - chrisbrija
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info. I am very interested in these companies. If I send you my email address, could you tell me who they are? I am now brushing up on my terminology, as I have been away a while. Thanks

Similar Messages:

K&R Consulting Required Line Count
Jan 02, 2012

For any MTs that work for K&R, is it possible to get the required line count in 8 hours since VBC only?  I have heard they are nice to work for.   ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Does Anyone Make The Bonus Or Even Over Min Required Line Count??
Jun 29, 2013

Please don't bash too much.  I took this job, made my bed and have to lie in it.  I like the work, am getting use to the dictators, but the realization is setting in that my pay, no matter how hard I work, will not get much over state min.  I've already had 2 checks with some MUP and probably will have a third.  What gets me is, we're told to speed up play to edit faster, yet I have gotten, on more than one occasion, messages from QA/QC to slow down to get bett ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

Medical Transcription - What Is The Minimum Line Count Required
Dec 27, 2011

What is the minimum line count required for your jobs. ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

I Can't Find Required Line Counts - Please Help.
Jun 15, 2012

I cannot find in my ton of notes the daily/weekly line requirements.   ...

What Is The Required Line Counts Daily/pay Period?
Apr 04, 2012

Need to know if I can produce.  :) ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

Am I Reading The Line Counts Required For Bonus Tier Correctly?
Dec 11, 2012

They are HUGELY different than before.  The incentive starts at 7001 lines now?  It was at 14,001 lines before.  Am I missing something?  I hope not, because this would be a great change. ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...

Need Line Count Help
May 04, 2013

I have been told that I need to increase my LPH.  So last night I kept track of the lines of each document done by using MS Word.  But later when I compared it to Nuance's line tracker (ichart) it only listed half the lines that MS Word listed.  How can this be?  I realized that Word my count blank lines, but how can there possibly be that much difference?  I felt like I really kicked butt last night, but then to look at LPH with Nuance's ichart I felt cheated/ ...

Line Count Rip Off
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone feel like they doing more jobs for less lines? ...

To RAD MTs, What Is Your Line Count Vs...
Sep 10, 2013

So far, I have calculated the "count score" on Fluency at the new rate of 0.08/.048 vs per report rate.  I 'lost' on average $165-175 per pay period over the past 3 months by the line count.  My report rates are currently 1.20/.072.  Anyone else?  Please share.  Also, the 'count score' is our line count, right?? ...

Anyone With AP Getting Their Line Count?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone else struggling to get their lines in at AP after loosing a hospital recently?  Maybe I'm signing on at the wrong time of day but usually there are hardly any jobs for at least an hour after I start the day.  Hope I'm not alone or I am doing something very wrong. ...

Line Count Discrepancies
Oct 13, 2009

"So if the company wants to consistently give me a slightly higher line count than I am able to document at my end, I should have a problem with this... why??" Wow.  Crankybeach.  You are old enough that you should not need to ask that question.  Here are a few of the more publicized examples of "why": Exhibit A:  Enron.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit B:  Madoff.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit ...

My Line Count Has Tanked
Oct 21, 2009

I used to do 250-275 lph fairly easily. Lately, I am typing as fast and furious as ever and struggle to get above 200 lph. Not sure what is going on, but I'm pretty sure it ain't me. Also, when did they change the dictating system over to 2 cans and a piece of string?  I CANNOT hear this CRAP.  Even the American guys are starting to sound wind-tunnelish ...

Receiving Only A % Of Line Count??
Dec 04, 2009

Is it typical to only receive a percentage of your edited lines because "editing is faster and better" than straight transcription?  I am new to VR, but this seems odd to me. No wonder I am being paid a decent rate.  LOL  So, when I edit a 50-line report, I only receive 60% of that report.  I'm just curious if this across the board with all companies?? ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...