A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Quitting/insurance - anon

Posted: Jan 06, 2014

Questions: If you quit, when does your insurance lapse? 

Emp or IC - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
Hello, I would say it depends. IF you are an employee you should check on the US Labor board website for your state. If you are an IC, it is per your contract and I would say probably no. Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am an employee (I didn't think M*Modal had ICs?). Thanks for your help, I will do that.

Similar Messages:

Quitting: IC
Dec 28, 2009

I've been working as an IC for a small operation.  There is no written contract, and in fact nothing was stated verbally about terms, conditions, etc. In keeping with the above ;) , they are disorganized and unprofessional, and I want out.  In fact, I have already written my resignation notice. Another MT just up and quit the other day.  I wish to do the same, even though I have never, ever done this in my life (I'm 46 and have been working since the age of 17).&n ...

PTO When Quitting?
Aug 02, 2010

I'm planning on quitting soon, (yahhhh, finally got a decent offer as an MT), but am wondering if I will have any trouble getting my PTO from MedQuist.  Does anyone know if by law they must give you any PTO you have coming when you leave?  How much notice do you think I should give, 1 or 2 weeks?  Thanks! ...

Can't Believe Every Day There Are More Quitting
Aug 29, 2010

We just going to whittle down to 1 MT and 0 dictations? ...

Quitting MQ
Mar 26, 2011

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your last paycheck from MQ once you quit?  Shouldn't it be sent to you at the regular time?  Didn't get mine yesterday or today, so I'm guessing they are holding it for some reason. ...

Quitting/PTO
Dec 21, 2012

Did anyone from Transcend quit and if so did you have PTO left and are you getting it paid out to you? ...

Quitting TTS
Oct 08, 2014

Do they require 2 weeks' notice? ...

Quitting School
Mar 06, 2010

I am taking MT at Career Step, but I am unable to understand these doctors even if I slow down or speed up. I think I am going to quit because how can you transcribe if you can not understand. Can anyone give me some input? ...

Protocol For Quitting MQ
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone on here who has quit the Q? Did you give 2 weeks notice or what? What did they do when you told them? Did you email or place a call? ...

So Close To Quitting
Oct 07, 2011

I have to vent!  At the moment, there are no words to express how much I hate this job.  i am so sick of listening to foreigners who sound like they have marbles in their mouths and the women sounding like shrill little girls with marbles in their mouths, struggling with all my heart and soul to do a good job, for pennies, knowing if I send to QA for help, my pennies will be taken away.  This is insanity!  I swear, I've died and gone to hell!  ...

Quitting W/o Notice
Nov 25, 2011

Considering quitting Transcend w/o notice.  I understand I will not be able to be rehired.  In years past I quit MQ w/o working through my full 2 weeks too.  (I know... BAD, BAD, BAD.) I am concerned though that if I go to work for a smaller company and they are bought out by one of these 2  (which seems to be a high probability) I could be screwed. In the field these days you have to have a FT job and try it out before you quit.  Then you are trying to do both and get ...

Quitting Nuance
Jan 10, 2012

So I'm leaving NTS (I was happy as a Webbie) in about 4 weeks once I'm done training at the hospital here.  I was wondering if anyone who quit there in the past few weeks/months could tell me what they are doing with the company equipment they provided being that NTS doesn't want to deal with equipment lending. ...

PTO At Nuance When Quitting
Jan 24, 2012

My last day at Nuance was a couple weeks ago.  I wonder how long it will be before I get my PTO I had accrued? ...

When Quitting/is This The Norm?
Apr 10, 2012

I gave notice to my employer last week that I had to quit. I sent her a very nice email thanking her for the opportunity, but it just wasn't going to work out for me. I was very pleasant and upbeat, but I have yet to receive an acknowledgement. I was even able to log in with my password still. It's been 5 days now. You'd think she would have read her email by now, right? ...

I Wonder How Many People Are Quitting Because...
Mar 27, 2013

the recent e-mail we got said they need help in other regions, so we should pull together and help them.  I am wondering if these are crappy account on the crappy eBTXT and the reason they need help is because of MTs leaving.  I surely wish I could afford to leave, not makinig any money anymore. ...

Thinking About Quitting
Jan 06, 2014

I am so fed up with this job.  I barely make $8 an hour, and part of that is how much I hate the job and how slow it makes me want to go.  The other is that I still CARE about the work I do, so I spend time on it. I came from making $15 an hour to this, and I just cannot take the beating anymore.  I am seriously thinking of calling my TSM and saying, BUH BUY!  Then finding another job in the downtime. It's even affecting my health.  My stomach KILLS me every morning before I s ...

Quitting Without Notice
Feb 10, 2014

If I work as an IC and quit without giving any notice, can the lady I work for legally withhold my paycheck and not pay my final invoice? I know as an IC we really do not have any rights with the labor board so if she does not pay me what would be my next course of action? I have never quit without notice but due to the circumstances she has left me without many options. ...

This Close To Quitting
Mar 12, 2014

I am this close to quitting right this second. All I have had is foreign doctors. Are there ANY English speaking doctors left??? They expect 99.8% accuracy with this crap???? Are they kidding me??? I've been sitting here almost screaming because I can't understand a thing they're saying. I had one who was chewing gum like a cow!!! Give me a break. If I had a job to fall back on, I would quit right this second. ...

This Close To Quitting!
Mar 17, 2014

If I didn't need the gol dang money so bad I'd quit right now! More work added on my plate after you cut my pay...twice! This is beyond what I can handle today. I'm only 45 minutes into my shift and I'm crying already. Let me back up, Saturday I was NJA (as usual) so I (stupidly) emailed my PTO requests in for the year, during my shift, and then I get an email about "productive time" and then had another account added to my pool. And given 30 minutes to learn 68 pages of a ...

When Quitting MM Do They Ask For Everything Back?
Mar 28, 2014

I know the hard drive but the keyboard, headset, footpedal?  The monitor is mine so they aren't getting that, just wondered if anyone had any experience in this. ...

Termination, I.e. Quitting.
Sep 17, 2014

Does anybody know where to find information about quitting, where it might state if you should 1 or 2 weeks notice?  ...

Quitting And Getting Unemployment
Dec 11, 2014

Has anyone ever heard of anyone quitting a transcription job and still being able to collect unemployment? If so, how? TY. ...

Question About Quitting
Mar 25, 2015

On the last day of work when you quit, I know they turn everything off but what about your Shorthand file (since you own it.) ...

Fired Or Quitting?
Apr 24, 2015

I've noticed a lot of posts on here recently of MT's talking about their last day at Nuance coming up soon, and that has me wondering:  Are most people just quitting because they've had enough of this craziness, or are they getting fired?  I'm curious because according to the threats I've been given by my TSM recently, I'll be getting the boot within the next couple of weeks for "schedule noncompliance" for not getting in all of my hours each week.  ...

How Much Notice Did You Give When Quitting MQ?
Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given. ...

Purchasing Computer After Quitting
Mar 10, 2010

Does anyone know if we can purchase our computer from the company after quitting? I know that we can keep all of the other equipment (monitor, keyboard, etc), but we have to return to the tower. Does anyone know if we can purchase it from the company? I have been looking for alternate employment, but haven't been able to find another company that will provide equipment. With computer being so expensive, I just thought I'd keep the one I have. Any input? ...

Voluntary Quitting And Unemployment
Jul 18, 2011

Found the following info googling about unemployment and quitting for "good cause."  Apparently, you CAN quit for good cause and receive unemployment.  Below is an excerpt of the reasons that have to be true in order to do this.  I think we have EVERY one of these covered (except for #1).  Alas, how do we PROVE it?  "Title 22, Section 1256-23(c) provides the employer's requirements are unreasonable under any of the following circumstances: The claimant is requi ...

Question On Quitting Protocol
Mar 31, 2012

I am currently working two MT jobs and want to quit one of them. The company I want to quit expects a written 14-day notice, and that's perfectly logical. My question is, should I wait until I receive my latest check (payday is this week), and then give the notice? Or go ahead and do it right now..with the hopes boss won't have sour grapes and decide to do something unthinkable with my money. Also, is it legal to hold money from your check if you don't give the full 14-day notice ...

Quitting MModal Questions
Apr 19, 2012

First is giving notice required? I don't want to be given crappy jobs, but otoh I know it's the right thing to do most places. Second do they do an exit interview? I doubt it as I think this is generally reserved for different types of workers, but just wondering. ...

Alpha Transcription MTs Quitting ???
May 24, 2012

What's up at Alpha Transcription dot com in Eden Prairie, MN?  The one that has the VA contracts?  I heard a lot of them have quit recently.  Anyone know what's going on? ...

Thinking Of Quitting Hospital Job. Sm
May 25, 2012

What are good companies to work for. Have worked for hospital 20+ years.  Am just kind of fed up.  Would like flexibility to work around husband's schedule. Are there jobs like that? ...