A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Quality Improvement IQ, anyone? - The Typing Dead

Posted: Sep 26, 2013

OMG, what a waste of time.  It is as if they have finally now just discovered what we have have been dealing with all our professional  lives (and what they cannot manage to do correctly themselves).

did you catch it?  duh.

Insulting - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
What got me was they kept going over sound-alike words. Like I don't know the difference between weather and whether, or lose and loose. Do they think I'm an idiot? Their, there, and they're? Seriously? What is this, grade school?

Insulting - mountainwoman

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, as an MME, I can tell you that you would be AMAZED at how many times a day I correct "loose" and "lose" and "passed" and "past." It's sad. I even see it on posts here, from people who swear QA is picking on them. At least once a day I read through a report where I wonder how someone got their job.

You would be surprised... - Poor grammar

[ In Reply To ..]
I have witnessed even long-time MTs making surprising basic grammar mistakes.

Some do need remedial grammar lessons. It is sad.

Personally I would prefer to spend my time on training modules going over things like surgical instrumentation, or lab values and their relationship to disease, etc.

what is that? quality improvement IQ? - have no clue

[ In Reply To ..]
?

Something for 3rd-graders...we're currently testing it - The Typing Dead

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wait. How many times does corporate have to tell us the difference between weather and whether and loose and lose. Guess it must have been difficult for someone in their office to understand, so they think we can't handle it. Apparently passed and past is way beyond the scope of any of our fealess leaders.

Some will find the training helpful IMHO - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually enjoyed the tutorials. I didn't really learn anything new but as an MME I can personally say that there are some MTs who will benefit from this course, especially the tips about affect/effect, predominantly/predominately, supposedly/supposably, etc. It was also a nice change to spend a few hours relaxing and listening to something that was clear and crisp with no background noise, loud static, mumbling, crunching, chewing, etc. while getting paid my benefit rate. No complaints here!
well i enjoyed getting paid to sit through it - but thats about it
[ In Reply To ..]
x
QI course - Draculaura
[ In Reply To ..]
I enjoyed it, and getting paid for it, too.

Similar Messages:

They Pay Us To Take A Quality Improvement Course
Nov 17, 2013

and then send us work comprised of reports from a different facility each time you download.  All these years and they still can't figure out that quality work comes from knowing your dictators and knowing your facility.  One has to wonder about the IQ's of management personnel. ...

Trying To Do The Quality Improvement Course
May 26, 2014

I am trying to find the quality improvement course and can't find it in the mmodal intranet site.  It says to find POPULAR LINKS portlet then quality improvement but I can't even find the popular links portlet.  ARRGGGGHHHH! Anyone that has taken this before, can you please help me? ...

Quality Improvement Test
Oct 23, 2013

I had posted a message about the quality improvement test we were required to take and someone said they hadn't heard of it. I was wondering if only certain BOBs were required to take this. I was absurd and mainly a course in remedial English. The quality is poor in this BOB because the dictation is horrendous, not because someone doesn't know the difference between their and there. They did not even emphasize getting the medical information correct. So, how many of you have seen t ...

I Am Doing The Quality Improvement Program.
Nov 29, 2013

It is such a waste and the content angering. Misspelled English words??? Unless it is their versus there, your versus you're, it is due to ASR. Medical words - Again, if it is the right word, ASR program's fault. And yes, we should correct it. Grammar?? Excuse me, I will get dinged for fixing it because the accounts are verbatim. Get into a rhythm????? That is not possible when you have to stop and correct as many times per line as I do to correct the crummy output AND dele ...

Quality Improvement Initiative
Dec 25, 2013

I pass my audits, but I can't seem to pass one of their test modules to get to the passcode.  It tells you to pick out 9, I pick out 9 and I still fail.  I have no reason why I am failing.  I can't even see an X on the righ-hand corner like they seem to think you can.  I am ready to tell them to fire me!! ...

Quality Improvement Program
Dec 31, 2013

Just got an e-mail that there are 5 of us in our BOB who are going to be mentored/coached.  The chosen ones will be contacted later.  Nice.  Now gotta sit here and sweat the phone ringing. ...

Quality Improvement Test - Did You Love It?
Oct 21, 2013

Did you all take the QI test? Did you love it? ...

Dear MTSO: A Quality Improvement Program Does Not
Jan 01, 2015

This is what some MTSO's believe quality improvement consists of: "IF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU DOESN'T STRAIGHTEN UP AND STOP MAKING MISTAKES.....(here, insert the Teacher's Voice from Charlie Brown cartoons) - WAH WAH WAH WAAAAAH WAHWAHWAH WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Oh, yeah - and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, too. Or this: "YOU IDIOTS!  DON'T YOU KNOW THAT WE GET PENALIZED $EVENTY BAJILLION$ OF DOLLAR$ EVERY TIME ONE OF YOU PUTS THE PERIOD OUTSIDE TH ...

Improvement?
Sep 17, 2011

I was told at my company that we will need to be lowering the jobs we send out to QA or else there will be "corrective action." I am really not sure how to get around fast speakers, muffled words and patient information that just isn't there. I'm not the type to fill in a blank with anything either. I do have superb skills with researching words and the spelling is good. Can someone recommend ways that have worked for them on lowering QA percentage? ...

Expecting 99% With No Improvement In ASR
May 21, 2011

Why are we expected to get 99%, but yet ASR never has to improve. How is that fair? ...

Dictator Improvement Program -
Oct 08, 2010

According to the email from one of the big guys, they're going to do a program for the doctors for improving their dictation. Okay... That could be good if the doctors who need it go. But.... he also mentioned doing a lot more ASR. Well, I don't think dictation training will help that as the program can't even get doctors who speak very very clearly right. We've been told this will make our lives/work easier. I'll believe it when I see it. ...

Anyone Have Experience As To Whether $100 Speakers Make Any Improvement Sm
May 17, 2010

over $20 speakers as far as dictation goes?  Can the better speakers make the dictation sound a little better (justifying cost of speakers)?  I know bad dictation is bad dictation but just wondering. ...

Suggestions For Improvement Of The MT Program At My College
Sep 27, 2010

Based on what I've been reading on these blogs, I realized how little prepared the grads of the MT program from my college actually were. So I wrote a letter to the assistant director of the program, making suggestions on how they could improve the training they offer; things like exposing students to REAL dictation, rather than just CDs of actors reading scripts; exposure to ESL dictation; including a course in speech recognition editing; including a course in medically-oriented ...

Performance Improvement Plan, Need Advice
Oct 04, 2013

I'd appreciate any advice about this. I normally have scores between 98 and 99, a few weeks I was over 99. Anyway, I have been put on a Performance Improvement Plan and have 1 week to get 99 or over. If I don't, I will be put on a PIP from HR which sounds ominous but I don't know what that means. Please let me know what to expect and if I am danger of being fired. Thanks! ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

From Below, About 99% Quality
May 22, 2011

slowly sinking here because my quality has always been 98-100 quality, years and years. Now, however, I am expected to maintain 99% quality, on a hideously difficult account, but I must also maintain my LPH. In other words, I have to listen to reports on the fastest speed I can to get my LPH yet maintain some form of quality. The reports go to QA who in turn listen at the slowest possible speed to give errors for not including 'the' and mind you this cannot even be heard unless you ...

DQS 7 Quality
Jun 13, 2012

What is everyone's opinion about the new speech engine?  I'm not talking about the user side....I mean the quality of it's speech recognition.  I thought it was supposed to be so much better, but I'm finding it to be terrible.  There are times when it leaves out 3 and 4 words and puts in words that are not even close (i.e., family history when the doc clearly says social history)!  That, and the sound quality SUCKS! Here's another example:  Dic ...

Quality 2.0
Oct 04, 2014

So this was the "exciting news" that we've all been waiting for? What a waste of time this was.  I nearly fell asleep. ...

New Quality 2.0
Oct 12, 2014

Fiesa score over 99%, however the new quality index less than 60.  I can see the writing on the wall. ...

New Quality Coach
Jun 09, 2010

Just got an email about getting a new quality coach.  This, of course, answers my question of why no emails for the past week from her.  I hope she didn't lose her job.  She was a really good coach, the best one I've had in the last 7 years, and wasn't one who corrected little things like punctuation in audits or things that made no difference in the report integrity.  She is one I will miss.  I only hope the new one is also with a strong QA ...

DSG- Sound Quality
Jul 18, 2010

I'm trying to troubleshoot something.  Does anyone else have sound-quality issues on DSG dictations?  Just curious if I should seriously have this looked at on my end.  It's not all reports, but enough so that I need to look into it one way or the other.  If I'm the only one, I'll hire someone to look into this.  I have no problems with audio otherwise, just work-wise. ...

Quality Alert Because Of Being Below 99%
Jul 21, 2010

Do they expect 99% now? ...

Quality Alert
Oct 13, 2010

I received a quality alert feedback that I had failed and wanted to know if anybody knew if this was an actual audit or what?  And if so, has this happened to anyone and what happens?  Thanks. ...

Quality Of Dictation
Jan 09, 2011

I work for MedQuist.  Why is it some days I get pretty decent dictation with some bad ones mixed in there and then all of a sudden there will be days I have bad quality dictation all day? Anybody else? ...

Quality Audits-sm
May 02, 2011

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen lately.  I received a quality audit on 4/25 on my audit, which I passed at 98.3% (had one icky one in there).  Then on 4/29 got another email of an audit of 5 reports, did not give a total score, but they were all pretty darn good (3 at 100%, 1 at 98, 1 at 98.75).  Then on 4/30, another email, they checked 3 more reports (all those above 98% too).  But what is going on, are they searching for something bad?  Are they doin ...

Do Any Companies Pay For QUALITY?
Sep 05, 2011

I have many years of experience and check my work very carefully, which obviously takes more time than people who put through crap and don't bother to edit whatever the speech engine throws their way. Do any companies pay for quality over quanitity?  I do meet the minimum line counts. ...

Can The Sound Quality
Sep 07, 2011

I've done this account forever and even the guys who were always clear now sound like they are dictating through a wet paper bag, with pebbles in their mouths.  Have they switched to India Bell? ...

Quality Training
Sep 21, 2011

I have seen on this board how important quality training is.  I have also seen the Andrews School mentioned.  Can anyone else offer any information, good or bad, regarding training programs so us wannabe's dont make a mistake selecting a program?  Any that you woul recommend taking or staying away from? Thanks ...

Dictation Quality
Jul 17, 2012

Why is it always the massively long jobs that have to have horrible dictation quality or horrible dictation?!? M*Modal's dictation system leaves something to be desired under the best of circumstances, but it always seems the long ones are particularly awful, or maybe that's just my luck! :( ...