A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New incentive program..... - Kiki

Posted: Mar 15, 2010

I like how they try to make this seem great.  It's probably no better or worse than we were before with the monthly incentives.  When I got that email that said "line rate change" I really thought it was another pay cut.

I tried to figure how much the increase would be.  I figured that the raise would give me 7 cents more per hour or about 56 cents a day? That can't be correct, although considering who we are dealing with.....maybe it is? 

How do you figure exactly how much of a raise this is?  I must have made some mathematical errors.  I hope so cause 6 cents a DAY more would be an INSULT.   Thanks in advance for any replies......

Incentive - Lineman

[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't you go into ADP and look at your last paystub - take the number of lines you got paid for ASR and straight transcription and multiply them by the new line rate and see what the difference is.

Thanks, I did that....looks like...... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
It will be about 30 cents more per day. Hmmm what can I do with an extra 3 dollars and 50 cents per month? Thanks MQ for your insulting raise.

I guess I should be glad I have a job at all....whatever!!

Incentive - Angry MQ Prisoner

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm insulted by the 'line rate increase' also. They are pushing all the research work to the MT without offering a decent wage...yet they will DOCK us 3 cents per line if we send over 5% of our work to QA. I'm so disgusted I'm considering another company doing MT or just going back out into the workforce.

at least you got 7 cents- I broke even! - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I calculated all my lines from Jan and Feb at the current rate plus the monthly incentive compared to the lines at the "new rate." What was that saying- Don't pee on my leg and tell me its' raining- it came out exactly the same!

The only way this might help me at all is bump up my benefit rate a smidge and my OT when it is calculated but not enough to even put a tank of gas in my car.

So for those of you who didn't get the "congratulations email" you didn't miss anything- MQ probably was facing a lawsuit or something regarding the bonus program as they never published amounts or anything like they promised and it was truly a guess every month whether you were even eligible. Another day another lie.

Yep, now they CAN say they gave raises... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a 56 cent raise (per MONTH). I feel so special. Even a 56 cent per hour raise would be ridiculous cheap
My sister just got a 2-dollar an hour raise and she thinks THAT stinks. When I told her I got a raise, too, a whopping 6 to 7 cents per hours (basically) or 56 bux per month, she completely did NOT believe me at all.

Of all the raises I received in the past 10 years, NONE of them were this chincy. One time I actually got a full 1 cent per line! It was my first raise (after a few years working here when I realized I would have to actually ask for one. The other raises, few and far between were at least a half a cent. No I guess we are lucky to get a 0.0012 (or something similar) raise, which amounts to not even enough to buy a candy bar in a month. They should have just NOT given raises if they are going to be that insulting. They probably think we are so stupid and don't know how insignificant and insulting these raises are. (obscenities held once again).

Similar Messages:

Incentive Program
Apr 30, 2012

Can someone tell me the specifics of the incentive plan?  I can't get a reply from my supervisor and I have no emails explaining the program to me.  I am wondering how you qualify, how often is it given out, etc.  Can the plan be found anywhere online?  Thank you for your help! ...

MQ Stopping The Incentive Program......
Jun 08, 2010

Take take take.  I know this is the norm for this company.  First they came up with that one incentive back in 2007, which was pretty good, and then changed it to something not so good.  Now they just decide to take it away altogether.  Is it really going to come to us PAYING THEM for the privilege of working for them?  They said there will be a new incentive program, but where is it?  I have a feeling there isn't one.  My question is to those who have ei ...

7 Cents A Line, IC, No Bonus Incentive Program...sm
May 13, 2010

Would you bother? It's clinic work, so it should be easy, but I don't think I could make a living on that. ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Incentive... What's That?
Aug 18, 2010

Whenever we are asked to help, there is no incentive offered.  I never thought of it at all, until I started reading some random posts below about getting incentive.  Hmmm I always let them know I am happy to help, was that dumb of me to say that?  Did I screw myself out of ever getting an incentive?  or maybe not all companies offer it to begin with. oh well. ...

Really, If There Is An Incentive Going On,
Sep 24, 2010

which I would never know since I can't get into MQ Central, then why have I had NJA for the past half hour?  Who comes up with these bright ideas???  What a joke! ...

Incentive - I Don't Get It
Jan 14, 2011

The way it looks to me, they give me a target to hit over 4 days, which (I don't need the particulars of how they arrived at it, but I get them anyway) pretty much reflects my daily average.  Okay so now I work all day today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, making my average each day and THEN, at the end of Monday, if I'm able to get in another 100 lines, I will get 3 cents for those 100 lines???  So I work all day on my two days off for 3 dollars?  Have I got that straight ...

Incentive And OT
Jan 30, 2011

Ok guys having a brain fart......I know it is incentive weekend or whatever, but does that mean they want you JUST to work your regular hours or are you to do OT if at all possible. ...

2-Day Incentive
Sep 29, 2011

Check e-mail.  Two-day incentive in place due to high backlogs. (Only after you hit an impossible number though.) ...

Yay! Another Incentive!
Mar 16, 2012

Just like they did last year and I think the year before that.  They will have pretty much an incentive every week to get the backlog all pristine, whether or not there is a lot of work.  Because of this, if you participate in trying to reach this incentive, your goal each time will be higher and higher, to the point of unreachable.   Dirty tricks. ...

Here's What I Do As Far As Incentive Pay....
May 01, 2012

First, let me say I have 30 years experience as a MT, but this is my first experience with editing.  That said, I hate editing except it does give my arms a break.  I can maintain 99% QA and low QC score.  What I can't do is a zillion lines per hours.  I used to make well over $40,000/year before internet came into this field and then the editing.  This year I'll be luckly to make over $2?,000 which just sucks. The incentive plan is just plain stupid.  It ...

Incentive?
Jun 29, 2012

What exactly is this incentive thing? I just know it's used in the same sentence as "they're may be NJA" in the email I got! ...

Does Anyone Get Incentive Pay For SR?
Jul 12, 2013

I've put in an application for an SR job at a company but just found out they don't offer an incentive for SR work.  Is that the norm or not?  Seems like a pittance to work for 0.045 CPL and no incentive, but new to SR and I'm not sure what the standard is in the industry.  Any info appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Incentive Help Please!
Nov 06, 2013

I really need some help.  I am having trouble trying to prove my case to my manager.  I have not been receiving my incentives for a few weeks and today I started doing some research to figure out what is going on.  Turns out when I enter the dates in fiesa, I show a totally different percentage than what they show when I go to approve my timecard.  I talked to my manager and she cannot give me a straight answer.  All I need to know is where is it documented about&nb ...

Incentive
Nov 05, 2014

Well I just approved my lines for last week and noticed a weekly incentive bonus.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised, so either I am missing something or we may end up actually being fairly happy with this new program. Thoughts?  ...

OT Incentive
May 13, 2015

WOW!  So if you normally work Thursday thru Saturday you are required to work 5 hours of OT to receive it.  Don't know about you but 13 hours is too much for me.   ...

Confused Incentive And OT
Oct 17, 2009

Okay so here we go.  In the past my boss has said that the incentive does not mean that OT is approved.  Three weeks ago she said that since it was an incentive then we all could work extra. Then two weeks ago said that OT is not automatically approved during an incentive.  Now she states, "I know all of you are worried about there not being work in our group because of the incentive, but it is there.  Since there is an incentive go ahead and take advantage of it as much as y ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

Incentive Question....
Dec 12, 2009

Below under the incentive topic it was mentioned that the incentive will not be paid until Jan 10th... but on the email at the very end it states "The incentive payout for this program will be paid no later than January 10, 2010."  So does that mean that it very well could be on the Christmas paycheck and they just don't no yet?  Thanks! ...

Do You Care About Incentive
Mar 11, 2010

I work in-house doing radiology transcription, mostly VR.  The pay is hourly and there is no overtime on our job but there is also no incentive.  I'm trying to cut my expenses to have extra money but its tough.  I would like to work an extra few hours to save for vacation/a better running car/other purchases. Is there something wrong when a company does not offer incentive for MTs or should I be "just thankful for having a job when so many people are out of work in ...

OT With Weekend Incentive
Apr 30, 2010

With the weekend incentive, is OT automatically approved? Can't get a response from CCM.  ...

Transcription Incentive
Sep 28, 2010

Our company has decided to quit paying incentive for work over our standard.  They say all the other companies and hospitals are stopping this.  Has anyone else lost their incentive pay? ...

More Incentive? Anybody Still With NJA? My Region Has
Oct 14, 2010

... ...

New Weekend Incentive...sm
Oct 15, 2010

Same old yada, yada, yada. It seems like they set my minimum at too many lines for me to ever achieve it so I don't even try.   BUT did you read the towards the bottom of the email where it says that the payout is Nov 25 EXCEPT for former spheris employees who will get their incentive $$ ON OR BEFORE NOV 5!!??? This is not fair. But then, when is this company ever fair. ...

Has Anybody Done The Math For The Incentive And
Oct 17, 2010

I'm unsure if my math is correct, but this is what I got.  I average about 300 lines an hour for my 8-hour shift.  In order to reach the cap over the 4 days, I would need to type 16,666 lines above my normal line count.   That would be 4167 lines extra a day.  In my case, at 300 lph, that would be almost 14 more hours I would have to work daily on top of my normal 8.  I suppose 1 hour to sleep and 1 hour for eating and potty breaks a day is all I need, right?& ...

Another Incentive This Weekend...nm
Dec 17, 2010

no msg ...

16,449 Lines For 4-day Incentive!!!!
Mar 17, 2011

The usual unreachable goal they give me for these incentives is 8882 lines over a 4-day weekend, and now they want 16,499 lines before they will pay me 5 cents a line above and beyond?  I hope that is a typo, or someone is truly insane.  Of course, I never go for the incentives anyway since they are always out of reach, but I do take advantage of the ability to work some overtime.  I wonder when they will realize that uping the line rate is not going to work to get more work done ...

Nuance Incentive
Apr 19, 2011

Does anyone know when we are getting our incentive from Nuance?  ...

Incentive Pay Scale
Sep 19, 2011

I am wanting to submit a proposal to my company owner about implementing an incentive-based pay scale to help with some issues we are having with people not working consistently and to reward those who are putting in overtime, etc. I am having a hard time finding any information on this as far as like a sample scale. As far as I understand it you make your base pay say for example 7 cpl for the first x lines, then for the next y lines you make an additional 0.025 cpl and so on up the line... If ...

They Call THIS Incentive?!
Oct 22, 2011

I started a new job at the beginning of September, but I don't think I'll be there much longer mainly due (1) lack of work on my account lately, and (2) it turns out I really don't like having to punch in and out and stick to a schedule. But another thing, which doesn't factor (as much) into my desire to leave this company, is their so-called incentive plan. Check this out and tell me if this would really spur you on to type extra lines: First 2000 lines above minimum 12,0 ...