A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tired of TMs showing vacation px. - Sour Grapes

Posted: Feb 24, 2014

I am probably just jealous, but I find it hard to be happy for them taking these luxurious vacations when on my wages I am lucky to go to Price Chopper and WalMart.  Tell us you were gone, had a nice time and don't rub it in.  It is not making us feel more friendly and "family like", or at least to me it doesn't.  

I agree. They know we're poor, and they rub - our noses in it. Very insensitive.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It does appear that way, but if we're talking about... - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
...who I think we're talking about, I don't think she's insensitive like that. I think she's just friendly. She does seem to have a heart. Now, if we were talking about her ineptitude, well, that's another story. She's never available on email, spark or phone, or if she is available, she doesn't know the answer to your question or doesn't get back to you or says she'll fix it and it never gets fixed. The weekend TSM always fixes things for us. Plus, scheduling is a major issue. We always run out of work because her accounts are completely overstaffed, but that may be the COM's fault.

TMs vacay pix - et al

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, agree, and why do they feel they have to share every little cutsie thing the grandkid does, or tell us they're off to this recital or soccer game, etc, like we care? The 18 different TMs I've had never asked or cared how I am doing down here on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I could care less about them. Oh wait, that would imply I do care, just less. I DO NOT CARE.

TMs Vacations - Anon100

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they didn't take the luxurious vacation on their wages; their spouses may be making big bucks. It usually takes 2 incomes to live like that. Case in point; a medical record clerk in my department just got back from Cancun but her husband also has a good income. Some people save for quite a while to be able to afford to take a trip. Don't be jealous until you know the whole story.

Jealous, heavens no. Simply don't care, hell - YES. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xo

They KNOW what we make - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Along the same lines as don't wear massive diamond jewelry and a fur coat while you are passing out free food at the soup kitchen. It is more or less bragging. They know what we make and even if our hubbies make large salaries, we still are underpaid and over managed and they should make an attempt to not flaunt it.

AND bragging about their happy holiday traditions... - clb

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with OP and just general bragging itself. And yes, I did go on a vacation once in my life to England 2 years ago BUT we saved up, racked up a credit card, and were very lucky that family helped pay for our airfare or else we wouldn't have been able to go.

But yes it was a wonderful trip but I only told work to take the time off and then said when I was back. They asked how it was and I said fine. I did no bragging or posted any pics. I didn't want to rub that in especially in our line of work.

I also don't care for "what's your favorite holiday tradition" posts and junk because we all know our new "tradition" is being too broke to travel, buy decent holiday meals, let alone gifts (which we didn't this past Christmas), and sitting at home with NJA and trying to eat generic turkey w/o getting sick. So pardon me if I don't care about your vacay. Or holidays. Or pictures of your family in front of the tree. Or kid pics. Or grandkids. Or new fancy whatever. Maybe if I can afford a new package of underwear I should post it!

Similar Messages:

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

Vacation
Jul 26, 2010

Been off for a week and I am having a heck of a time trying to convince myself to sit back in this chair and do it again.  I keep trying the 'ol "at least it's a job speech," but I sure don't want to do this after being gone for a week.  That is sad because I used to like what I do.  Now it is worse than sitting in the dentist's chair having teeth pulled - at least that is temporary and you get to get up after an hour or two. But I did miss you guys and am gla ...

Want To Go Here On Vacation?
Aug 22, 2012

Yellowstone Vaginal Park. ...

Vacation?
Aug 19, 2013

How does everyone out there handle vacations?  If you have your own accounts, not using independent contractors because the load of work is perfectly manageable ... until you want a week off??  Looking for a good way to take a vacation but still stay in business and keep accounts happy!!  ...

Question About Vacation
Jun 07, 2010

I put in a request on Teamwork for my vacation about a month and a half ago.  It still has not been approved.  Are we supposed to email CCM with vacation request also?  What is the point of all of these functions on Teamwork if you still have to email CCM for approval?  Just an extra step thats a waste of time.  Anyone know?  ...

New Vacation Destination
Aug 24, 2012

NM ...

Vacation Cont.
Jan 28, 2013

...and do you know if you can borrow vacation hours if there are not enough accumulated thus far? ...

Been On Vacation, Now Can't Look Up Backlog
Sep 15, 2014

How do we get into check the backlog? Mine is saying account inactive. I saw a message below about it, but didn't understand the reply. ...

Do You Get Vacation Time As An IC?
Jun 04, 2015

how  do they handle you being sick, etc, when you are an IC? Do you get PTO? It has been so long since I was an IC I do not remember. I'm thinking you get nothing and are able to take off whenever you need to. ...

Reports Not Showing Up
Feb 05, 2010

Doesnt look like the reports are rolling around in DQM for some reason. ...

Schedule Not Showing Up
Aug 25, 2010

Does anyone know if your schedule is not showing up in teamwork if it matters or not??  Since lockout is not in place I do not know if this is a big deal or not.  I It was always there until just recently.  I do have a new ccm so maybe it got lost in the shuffle. TIA ...

What Are These Non-s Markers Showing Up Now? Sm
Oct 31, 2010

Since the new upgrade 3 days ago, the ASR reports are showing continuously these red non-s markers....   Annoying.  And I don't hear in the report any lapses of time.   I thought this was supposed to be something that was manually put in, so my guessing is Yes, we are editing ILP work!!!!   Oh well, I am just ecstatic I now have high speed internet and now no longer at the mercy of dial up on top of NJA and other problems.   I actually do li ...

Vacation, P.r.n., Per Diem Coverage?
Dec 14, 2009

I've been in this business for 30 years, but am under employed at the moment and am starting to get bored to tears with having so little work to do.  But, it seems that all of the ads that I see are looking for full time transcriptionists.  Surely there must be some companies or MTSOs somewhere who would need an MT to help with part time or per diem work, to help with vacation coverage or maybe for temporary work just to help clear up an occasional back log and such.  But, d ...

Those Who Work While Traveling Or On Vacation
Aug 08, 2010

I was wondering how it's done.  I have two days a year when I'm not available to work because of a family reunion.  Since most of the fun doesn't start until after 12 but we have to be there very early because of the committees we're on, I hate to waste that time doing nothing when I could be working. My company does not allow satellite. Is this the only way it can be done? If not, what are the required items besides a laptop? Thanks in advance ...

Vacation Time Approval???!?!
Jul 28, 2012

How long does it take to get approval for a leave request?  It's been over a week now and my request is still unapproved.  Sheesh! ...

I Guess There Is A Reason To Cut Our PTO...Can't Even Take A Vacation When You Want One Anyway.
Sep 12, 2013

nm ...

Vacation Time Balance
Sep 13, 2013

I know this is a dumb question but how do you know how many hours you still have available for vaca? Is it the number under "Balance" in Teamwork?   Thanks! ...

America's Pride - Vacation
Apr 02, 2014

Wondering if anyone has been able to use vacation time yet?  Been so long since I heard anything. Supposed to be a "benefit" from the Service Contract Act. ...

Imedx Mandatory Vacation Use
Nov 17, 2014

Let me get this right: 1. We are 8 business days from the beginning of crazy work. 2. We are out of TAT a lot now, client unhappy. 3. You want us to widdle down our saved time off to just 2 days; there are 30 biz days left to end of year. 4. You want roll-over time (only up to 16 hours) to be used by 03/31/2015. 5. Many of us are plannning vacations, thus coverage for pissed off acounts will be even less. 6. Many of us are very very concerned with any mergers/buy-out. NEVER, in my work his ...

Imedx Vacation Time
Nov 21, 2014

Has anyone received an answer to their requests to take time off before 12/31?  I have sent in numerous requests and have heard nothing at all.  Just wondering if maybe my emails are not going through. ...

Is Is Just Me Or Is The Latest Post Showing From Oct 20? Sm
Oct 23, 2009

I just switched browsers to Mozilla Firefox, as I was having trouble seeing the posts at all.....Does anyone else use Firefox and read the board just fine?  I hope I don't have to switch browers again. ...

TW Showing No Schedule After The 15th
Nov 12, 2009

We are almost out of work in an account that rarely runs out of work and I have noticed in my Teamwork there is no schedule for me after the 15th.  Anyone else have no schedule after the 15th?  TY ...

Lines Showing Up Very Slowly In DQM. What Is Going On.
Dec 14, 2009

The reports are just taking about an hour to roll around in DQM.  ...

Once Again MedQ Showing They Have Their Finger On
Mar 16, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me this monolithic company whose primary source of revenue is transcription has no clue in managing their most valuable commodity, the MTs!!!  E-time has proven disasterous in wrangling MTs to keep precise time schedules and produce..and now take away the mainstay of MTing for years..the incentive (which agreed, sucked anyway..).  WE ARE PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES!!!!  WE DO NOT GET PAID HOURLY OR SALARY!!  How do these Hahvad, Wharton School rejects not ge ...

DQM Not Showing My Reports For A Few Hours
Sep 30, 2010

I am not seeing my reports rolling around into DQM when I look back there.  ...

Excuse Us; Our Expertise Is Showing.
Feb 06, 2012

Just did a VR report where in the lab section, the VR cut off the first bit, but I'll bet most of you could fill in what was missing from context and by just knowing what should be there FROM EXPERIENCE. LABORATORY DATA: _____ 3.5, hemoglobin 9.8, platelets 229.  I think that warrants being paid at least our regular, LOUSY, depreciated rate of 8 bloody cents a line instead of HALF of that.   ...

The Reason They Started Out By Showing Us
Oct 16, 2012

was just to let you know not to go anywhere because eventually they will swallow that company, too. ...

Why Is The DEP Now Showing A Green Light? NM
Nov 26, 2012

x ...

Accounts Not Showing Up In DQM Anymore
Dec 20, 2012

So I usually check my primary account in DQM when I get work from it just to see how much work is in. Yesterday afternoon and all of today DQM was drawing a big blank on those accounts even though I had jobs in my Q. Am I going crazy or possibly is something else going on? ...

Last Quarterly Bonus Now Showing In ADP
Jan 28, 2015