A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Okay another question to blow your minds - MWAHAHAHAHA

Posted: Jan 26, 2012

You know the whole wait 15 minutes for a job, then if you still don't have one, put in 15 minutes of work availability thing? 

What if you choose to keeping checking for work instead of clocking out for the day or taking PTO, do you keep putting in 15 minutes of work availability everytime you check for work, wait 15 minutes, and there is none? 

Inquiring minds want to know.....really just trying to find a loop hole and get paid for more than 15 minutes when there is no darn work!  Which, by the way, is ALOT lately...

Nope ... you can't do that - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You can only put in for 1 work availability (your 15 minutes)per shift. If you stay logged on, and then it will seriously affect your lines per hour average. One thing I did learn from my CCM, though, is that once you put in for that 15 mins, and you want to keep checking, you don't have to wait the 15 mins again. So, theoretically you could just log on to DocQscribe without punching in just to see if there is any work.

work availability - discouraged mt

[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM (company created monster) says we can only use work availability once per day.

It figures - Thanks guys - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Work availability - ksm

[ In Reply To ..]
Once I get my 15 minutes of no work and file an NJA, if I choose to work, then I clock in and out with work availabilty. For instance, if I log on and see there is a report, I clock in and do it (and any additional reports that come in). If I get another NJA, then I clock out and wait for another report to come in.

In a nutshell, getting that 15-minute window of NJA gives you the option to take off without pay, take PTO, make time up, or keep checking for jobs throughout the day without damaging your PTO rate.
ksm is correct, especially her last paragraph. NM - mb
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Finally, someone on here get this like I understand - cheated
[ In Reply To ..]
it. So many on here have posted confusing interpretations of this policy. I do exactly as these posters do. Get the 15-minute wait and then keep checking and clock in when work is available.

One time only per day was what I was told. - Sorry

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

HDSM/TSA And MM Are REALLY Out Of Their Minds If
Apr 14, 2015

they expect someone to get up in the middle of the night to work an hour of OT.  (Same if you worked nights and were expected to get up and put in an hour dring the day).  That is just unreal and so very, very, very WRONG!!!!  Just what is going on!!  I remember when they screamed if you had 5 minutes of OT on your time card.  ...

About To Blow!!!!!
Jan 18, 2011

Sent report to QA with 4 blanks as 4 blanks is "too many" for this client.  QA sent same 4 blanks through and that is OK.  Makes me want to . . . . I don't know what.   I just don't want to get in trouble for sending the 4 through myself and possibly lose this fabulous job (yes sarcastic). ...

Please Settle This For Me....4 X 4's Or 4x4's..QA Can't Make Up Their Minds!!!!
May 14, 2010

x ...

The Amazing Management Minds ...sm
Mar 25, 2011

so, they disable cut/paste so we can't outside DQS on our computers, then enable it again until they figure out what to do -- all in the name of making this more HIPAA compliant/secure ---  but there's no concern with records going to foreign countries?  Genius ...

How Much Time Do You Blow Off?
Mar 09, 2010

Since most of us work at home, how much time do you honestly blow off?  I have become excessively blowing off time lately.  I admit I'm fed up w/this field and can achieve a high line count in about 4 to 5 hours.  The rest of the time I'm running my son to activities, making dinner, watching TV ect.  I hate to admit to this, but its the truth.  I just cannot possibly sit for 8 hours and listen to the crap anymore and for what we get paid, I might as well take a ...

I Am Going To Blow A Fuse
Feb 28, 2012

with this freaking nurse dictating as she eats what sounds like huge mouthfuls of potato chips in my ear!!  EVERRRRY DAY she does the same dang thing.  You'd think there would be a little more awareness and consideration. ...

Blow Your Nose, Would You Please?
Jul 18, 2014

I have a doctor that has been sniffling, snuffling, and snorting his way through a 15 minute report.  I would not mind at all if he took time out to blow his nose so I didn't have to listen to all the above noises.  ...

Inquiring Old Minds Want To Know. Are We Back To Writing Out Numbers 1-10 Now? Sm
Mar 28, 2011

This is one of the endless list of reasons why I get so fed up with Benchmark and so called "rules".   Forever I was always taught to write out numbers 1-10 in text; but then Benchmark guidelines  (and MQ followed thereafter) that we were to use numeric nomenclature; that is unless the two (or is it 2) numbers appeared next to each other.   So all you 300 lph people who say they are 100% accurate on their reports, what IS the correct way now?   I just got ...

This Latest Development To The Differential Must Be A Crushing Blow To The Cheerleaders
Dec 23, 2010

x ...