A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Blow your nose, would you please? - Sniffles

Posted: Jul 18, 2014

I have a doctor that has been sniffling, snuffling, and snorting his way through a 15 minute report.  I would not mind at all if he took time out to blow his nose so I didn't have to listen to all the above noises.  Undecided

I had one yesterday clearing her throat every few sentences - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
So annoying! UGH!

So imagine this - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
Throat clearer/cougher is dictating a 4 page consult, the patient has been in the hospital for a week or longer, ended up in the ICU, had numerous consults with other doctors while in the hospital, many diagnostic tests, labs, etc., etc.

This doctor is also ESL, new to the hospital and dictates in the ICU with all the bells, beeps and whistles in the background along with throat clearing.

This 4 page report takes over an hour to complete and has a few blanks. Oh, and if the report is a stat and if there are blanks in a stat, you have to send an e-mail to QA that a stat with blanks is coming through.

So now it's maybe an hour and a half on that one report and your pay for that time is down to minimum wage. Great.

Oh, and since the report was sent to QA the entire report will be gone over with a fine tooth comb.

Yep, that's the reality of acute care and why some of us don't make any money and are kind of stressed every shift we work.

Sorry that was long. I had no idea the ambulatory side existed and where the people happy with nuance were coming from, now I know.

yeah, that sure does not sound wonderful - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes me feel bad for you, but doesn't mean I can't still be happy with MY position with Nuance.

They joys of acute care dictators. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't forget the docs dictating in the OR while they are breaking down the equipment. LOL. All that metal slamming, crashing, sliding around.

Or the ER docs, with children screaming, drunks yelling, people moaning, doc dictating (I mean mumbling) at lightning speed, elevators dinging, sirens blaring.

Blowing nose - CAM

[ In Reply To ..]
Bodily functions get on my nerves too, but so does saying um before everything you say. There is one lady doc who sounds like a chipmunk and says um before everything she says. Sometimes two or three ums. She is a very thorough dictator, but her voice and the ums makes me tense up when I get her reports. She just has to add some nose sounds and maybe a cough right into the phone and I will definitely go over the edge lol.

Similar Messages:

Contact The Ear, Nose And Throat Doctor...would You Capitalize Ear, Nose And Throat???
Feb 05, 2011

x ...

About To Blow!!!!!
Jan 18, 2011

Sent report to QA with 4 blanks as 4 blanks is "too many" for this client.  QA sent same 4 blanks through and that is OK.  Makes me want to . . . . I don't know what.   I just don't want to get in trouble for sending the 4 through myself and possibly lose this fabulous job (yes sarcastic). ...

How Much Time Do You Blow Off?
Mar 09, 2010

Since most of us work at home, how much time do you honestly blow off?  I have become excessively blowing off time lately.  I admit I'm fed up w/this field and can achieve a high line count in about 4 to 5 hours.  The rest of the time I'm running my son to activities, making dinner, watching TV ect.  I hate to admit to this, but its the truth.  I just cannot possibly sit for 8 hours and listen to the crap anymore and for what we get paid, I might as well take a ...

I Am Going To Blow A Fuse
Feb 28, 2012

with this freaking nurse dictating as she eats what sounds like huge mouthfuls of potato chips in my ear!!  EVERRRRY DAY she does the same dang thing.  You'd think there would be a little more awareness and consideration. ...

Okay Another Question To Blow Your Minds
Jan 26, 2012

You know the whole wait 15 minutes for a job, then if you still don't have one, put in 15 minutes of work availability thing?  What if you choose to keeping checking for work instead of clocking out for the day or taking PTO, do you keep putting in 15 minutes of work availability everytime you check for work, wait 15 minutes, and there is none?  Inquiring minds want to know.....really just trying to find a loop hole and get paid for more than 15 minutes when there is no darn wor ...

This Latest Development To The Differential Must Be A Crushing Blow To The Cheerleaders
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Nose S/l Caraizo?
Dec 25, 2009

I know the term and have heard it before and am having a brain freeze. Can somebody assist please? ...

Ear, Nose And Throat
Dec 02, 2010

Brown Madison rhinorrhea.  Is there such a thing? ...

Help - Kid With Runny Nose
Dec 13, 2010

A 2-year-old kid with runny nose, s/l spack-u exposure. ...

Nose Test?
Apr 28, 2011

s/l "Singer's" nose test? His coordination: "Singer's" nose test was normal. ...

Augur Of The Nose
Apr 26, 2012

Anyone know what this word might be? Thanks! s/l au gurr This completed the frontal sinusotomy. Opening of the (augur) posterior region was done to ensure better drainage postoperatively out of the frontal recess. ...

Trangent Nose Bleeding?
Dec 15, 2010

He also gets (trangent) nose bleeding every few days with nasal irrigations. s/l trangent Thanks! ...

Doctor Breathing Through His Nose
Dec 17, 2013

typed:  The patient was pronounced dead. How scary is that? ...

Plastic Surgery Of Nose..please See Message
Dec 07, 2014

Physical exam shows that she has deviation of the base to the right of the nose, clover leaf deformation, and deviation of the overall tip. She also has a large infratip area with a significant s/l JANE-U bend in the inferior portion of the crus. TIA! ...

S/l "towel" Transferrin? (possible CSF Leak/nose)
Nov 12, 2009

I have heard of beta-2 transferrin, but this new doctor is saying (s/l) "towel" or "tow" transferrin? TIA ...

S/l "fibril?" "fibrae" Tissue - Nose??
Jan 09, 2010

Nasal exam shows dry septal mucosa with [fibril] tissue anteriorly on the right anterior septum ...