A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am going to blow a fuse - sm

Posted: Feb 28, 2012

with this freaking nurse dictating as she eats what sounds like huge mouthfuls of potato chips in my ear!!  EVERRRRY DAY she does the same dang thing.  You'd think there would be a little more awareness and consideration.

All my fuses have been blown - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
Especially one who thinks the dictation device must be pressed directly onto lips while speaking - AND cough as frequently as you can, and clear your throat, while lips are touching the device!

Oh yeah, straight from your lips to my ears!

lol - Mtgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I love the ones that constantly yawn and talk at the same time. Well at least the company I work for doesn't take off for things like that if I leave it blank.

Sorry! - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
That is disgusting. One of my docs always sounds like he's coughing up hairballs during his dictations--every dictation, every day. It is so disgusting! Consideration would go a long way indeed.

it's a shame they are so oblivious - hang in there!

[ In Reply To ..]

chips - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
HA! I know who you're talking about. not only chips, but hard candy as well. Today, she was also rattling the bag and I sent a note about it! Hopefully she'll read it and be more polite when dictating.

Fuse - Alka Seltzer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have one doctor who burps INCESSANTLY. At least one in every sentence. You are a DOCTOR, for crissakes, take an antacid or SOMETHING!

Fuse - mauigirl

[ In Reply To ..]
OR have them flush the toilet, obviously lift up their leg to "pass gas" or not hang up the phone while dictating and then talk about a woman's "RED SNAPPER!!!"
yeah, the off the record stuff can get pretty nasty. - no msg
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Blow a fuse - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Got one doc that takes me into the men's room with him. I need a fork to dig that image out of my mind's eyes!!

I know what you mean - Sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That would drive me crazy every day. I have one that I transcribe for pretty much daily who apparently constantly has a cold - she sneezes, sniffs really loud, coughs, etc. in every dictation - plus once she burped really loud right in my ear - ugh. Fortunately, they are short dictations, though. I understand sometimes people can't help it, but gees . . . take a Claritin already. I did previously transcribe for another one who frequently ate and literally smacked her food, chips, etc. right in my ear. Very rude and annoying!

Similar Messages:

About To Blow!!!!!
Jan 18, 2011

Sent report to QA with 4 blanks as 4 blanks is "too many" for this client.  QA sent same 4 blanks through and that is OK.  Makes me want to . . . . I don't know what.   I just don't want to get in trouble for sending the 4 through myself and possibly lose this fabulous job (yes sarcastic). ...

How Much Time Do You Blow Off?
Mar 09, 2010

Since most of us work at home, how much time do you honestly blow off?  I have become excessively blowing off time lately.  I admit I'm fed up w/this field and can achieve a high line count in about 4 to 5 hours.  The rest of the time I'm running my son to activities, making dinner, watching TV ect.  I hate to admit to this, but its the truth.  I just cannot possibly sit for 8 hours and listen to the crap anymore and for what we get paid, I might as well take a ...

Blow Your Nose, Would You Please?
Jul 18, 2014

I have a doctor that has been sniffling, snuffling, and snorting his way through a 15 minute report.  I would not mind at all if he took time out to blow his nose so I didn't have to listen to all the above noises.  ...

Okay Another Question To Blow Your Minds
Jan 26, 2012

You know the whole wait 15 minutes for a job, then if you still don't have one, put in 15 minutes of work availability thing?  What if you choose to keeping checking for work instead of clocking out for the day or taking PTO, do you keep putting in 15 minutes of work availability everytime you check for work, wait 15 minutes, and there is none?  Inquiring minds want to know.....really just trying to find a loop hole and get paid for more than 15 minutes when there is no darn wor ...

This Latest Development To The Differential Must Be A Crushing Blow To The Cheerleaders
Dec 23, 2010

x ...