A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Please settle this for me....4 x 4's or 4x4's..QA can't make up their minds!!!! - nm

Posted: May 14, 2010

x

4 x 4's - maggie

[ In Reply To ..]
Accordinig to the company I work for :O

The company I work for goes by BOS 2nd Ed - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So according to that, (pg 29) they want it to look like this: 4 x 4's BOS in all of its wisdom (yea, right ;) says to use 's with single-digit numerals or single-letter terms.

4 x 4's - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
or page 232 in BOS 3rd edition. I love this site.

For dressing we use 4x4, if a measurement 4 x 4. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
s

SHould have said for dressing we use 4x4s-no apostrophe. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Subtle Or Settle Anesthesia?
Nov 18, 2009

He has occasional groin aches but no bowel and bladder problems or "subtle" or "settle" anesthesia.  i first put subtle but then thought maybe there was something there that I was missing?? ...

Time To Settle In For Another Weekend Of MOT
May 28, 2015

This makes 5 months now.  Does MM not get that POD isn't working?? What part of all this do they not understand??  I'm not a business person and have no idea how to run a business, but even I know when it's "broke" you better fix it!!!!  ...

HDSM/TSA And MM Are REALLY Out Of Their Minds If
Apr 14, 2015

they expect someone to get up in the middle of the night to work an hour of OT.  (Same if you worked nights and were expected to get up and put in an hour dring the day).  That is just unreal and so very, very, very WRONG!!!!  Just what is going on!!  I remember when they screamed if you had 5 minutes of OT on your time card.  ...

The Amazing Management Minds ...sm
Mar 25, 2011

so, they disable cut/paste so we can't outside DQS on our computers, then enable it again until they figure out what to do -- all in the name of making this more HIPAA compliant/secure ---  but there's no concern with records going to foreign countries?  Genius ...

Okay Another Question To Blow Your Minds
Jan 26, 2012

You know the whole wait 15 minutes for a job, then if you still don't have one, put in 15 minutes of work availability thing?  What if you choose to keeping checking for work instead of clocking out for the day or taking PTO, do you keep putting in 15 minutes of work availability everytime you check for work, wait 15 minutes, and there is none?  Inquiring minds want to know.....really just trying to find a loop hole and get paid for more than 15 minutes when there is no darn wor ...

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

Inquiring Old Minds Want To Know. Are We Back To Writing Out Numbers 1-10 Now? Sm
Mar 28, 2011

This is one of the endless list of reasons why I get so fed up with Benchmark and so called "rules".   Forever I was always taught to write out numbers 1-10 in text; but then Benchmark guidelines  (and MQ followed thereafter) that we were to use numeric nomenclature; that is unless the two (or is it 2) numbers appeared next to each other.   So all you 300 lph people who say they are 100% accurate on their reports, what IS the correct way now?   I just got ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

How Much Does A CCM Make
Jun 17, 2010

And do they get bonuses based on TAT?   have always been curious about this.  There was a time when I made more per year than an asst. supervisor (back at my co. before MQ bought us out).  Of course that is not the case anymore.  Any educated guesses? ...

Do Any Of The MTs Out There Make At Least...sm
Jan 25, 2011

$15 an hour on a daily basis.  I am in a horrific job right now (outside of my home) and need to make at least what I am making now which is about $15 an hour for a total of $97 a day.  I know transcription is tough nowadays, but if I go back to MT, do you think I can make at least that on a daily basis? ...

Is It Possible To Make
Aug 17, 2011

around $1,000/month part-time in this industry? ...

I Seriously Don't Know How To Make This Better
Aug 24, 2011

I've been working with this company for over 90 days. The first 90 days was a paid internship. Paid hourly, minimum wage. I am now a full time employee...paid on production.   However, I can not even seem to make minimum wage while on production pay! It is driving me nuts and is very discouraging. I'm not sure where to point the finger.   I worked 8 hours, only took one 20 minute break to eat. Over those 8 hours, according to the employers data base, I did around 1200 lin ...

What Do You Make?
Nov 15, 2011

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before ... or if this is one of those taboo subjects.. :) But what do you make per month as an MT and how many hours per week do you work to achieve that?  I'm just feeling like I can/should up my game a bit and thought this may be an encouraging way to get that push I need.  :)  ...

MUP (make Up Pay)
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone every get fired from Nuance for MUP?  ...

Okay Say I Make 10/6
Nov 05, 2012

What do you think they will do to get rid of me? I am really worried now, reading about all these terminations. ...

I DO NOT Want To Make Anyone Mad....
Nov 13, 2012

I looked at all the emails under here when I stopped work this afternoon and was hoping for a good description of the Town Hall meeting thingy.  What was the upshot?  Anything other than the usual blah blah blah?  Anything we need to know or else! LOL ...

Can You Make Any $$ With VR???
Feb 23, 2013

Okay, I'm waaaay behind the times.  I have been doing straight transcription for 35 years and am about to switch to VR editing at 0.45 cents per line.  Good Grief.  Can I make any money doing this??  My straight transcription accounts have all switched over about 80% of their work to VR and left all the truly terrible dictators on straight.  ...

How Much Do You Make?
Jul 22, 2013

Make's One Wonder--sm
Aug 07, 2013

Apparently the account I work on will be going completely offshore.  I am being moved to an account that I know has work (at least for now, not sure how many others will be switched to this one too).  I have to wonder though when will be the point when accounts go offshore and people are just fired.  While people do quit, is it enough to ensure there is still work stateside.  I have things that need to be taken care of.  New tires, new brakes, a new refrigerator, etc.&n ...

Does VR Make Anyone
Jul 27, 2014

after doing report after report?  Most of the reports I do are long, and there are so many incorrect words, looking at the mess that makes so sense, following along with the words,  and correcting literally makes me nauseated.   I feel like my eyeballs are crossed trying to focus in where the dictator is which is hard when the words I see are not the words I hear.  Sure can tell a transcriptionist had no part in developing this crap. I have ...

I Have Never Had So Much Make-up Pay!
Jan 21, 2015

After celebrating having no make-up pay last paycheck, I have an absolutely horrific amount of make-up pay this paycheck. The difference?????? Cesspool, a lot of bad audio and even worse ASR output than the normal terrible output. Got told today that my minor error rate is above metrics. They apparently have decided to inflict that on us now, despite the fact that I have passed every audit. They have also been auditing us every day. Gotta measure every bit they can think of! Oh what ...

I Cannot Make My C-LPH......
Jun 26, 2015

to save my life!  ...

What If MQ Decides To Make Us All Become MME's!
Jan 12, 2010

Didn't MQ make the CTL's become MME's?  If that happens to the MT's and you reject it, I assume you will be fired and if so, can you still collect unemployment?  What if you they point blank and say, you have to become an MME or you will have look elsewhere.  Can you somehow collect unemployment whether you quit or get fired or will you lose out unemployment benefits.  Basically, it is a no win situation for us MT's?  ...

Sorry, But Does This Make Sense?
Jan 17, 2010

There is a tachycardia present with a rate of 175 without atopic beats. ...

MED Term Cannot Make Out!
Jan 26, 2010

I can NOT make out the word on my dication tape!! It is a drug sounds like On-Seff...........I know I've used it before but I just can't remember the spelling... HELP PLEASE anyone!!! Lol ...

Does This Make Sense - Please Sm.
Feb 03, 2010

He does s/l weigh with the natural resting position to external rotation.   ...

Does This All Make Sense?
Feb 03, 2010

long day and not sure this all sounds correct. tia.   MRI scan does show a complete tear of the supraspinatus portion of the rotator cuff with a retracted tendon.  It also shows a partial tear of the subscapularis tendon and transverse humeral ligament.  There is also splitting of the biceps tendon in the glenohumeral joint.  He has an anterior/inferior labral tear and some paralabral cysts, and severe degenerative changes in the acromioclavicular joint and some degenerativ ...

Does This Make Sense-
Feb 07, 2010

Knee range of motion is lacking 5 degrees of full extension to 110 degrees, at which point there is soft tissue approximation. ...

Cant Seem To Make A Living
Feb 22, 2010

I have worked as a radiology transcriptionist for over ten years .  My pay has been cut in half and jobs are hard to find. I take tests and no one calls back.  I usually only have their email anyway.    I am now learning acute care because it seems for last few years it has been the only game in town.  However, I cannot believe how hard it is and I am getting paid the same as radiology.  It's becoming impossible to afford to live on this income, but I ...

How Do You Make Expansions
Jun 30, 2010

How do you make expansions.  I know F4 is to turn it off and on but how do you make new ones,  I am having stress which makes my brain malfunction. ...