A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

North area NJA as usual - sm

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

with CCM requesting folks do schedule changes also as usual these days.  I don't know about you, but when told we can "set our own schedule," I took this to believe we create our own schedule and then work it.  If the Q doesn't have enough work available for us to do, then why do they still give us this option to do?  There's nothing more frustrating to me than signing in to work, not having any, and then being ask to work later.  If I wanted to "work later," I would have made my schedule that way.  When will they get off their buns and figure out a way to divide the work load more evenly between the different areas?  I think if you're in one area with no work and they're out of TAT or have a huge backlog in another area, that work should automatically be thrown into a company pool to go to whomever in which ever area it lands.  While I do understand we need primary, secondary, etc., accounts, we should also have all work pools available to us somewhere that we can be authorized to go into and work.  They need to quit hiring and start utilizing the employees they already have.    

Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense, I'm just fuming and tired of all the games being played at MQ. 

do you want to borrow my - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
brick wall? I have been banging my head for awhile now.

ha ha ha ha ha - that made my day

[ In Reply To ..]
Im in north, but I have work... Don't understand!

But that brick wall think was hilarious!

sorry I - need my

[ In Reply To ..]
brick wall back....NJA here now too.

At least the clients must be loving their 10-minute TAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait until we get locked of the system! - NEMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yet another pilot program in the NE locking MTs of out Docuscribe unless they are scheduled. No punching in early or working past your schedule by even 1 minute. No work during your shift? You get the fabulous option of going to the swap board and picking out a different shift. I am telling you, I recognize this company less and less- I thought we were paid on production, not handcuffed to our desks during our shifts.

I don't see how that "locking" out program - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
First off, I don't have a problem with a company wanting an employee to work a set schedule. None at all. But I expect there to be WORK during that schedule.

If this pilot program is for real, it is not going to be realistic. I mean, you CAN punch in at exactly a certain time, but it is impossible to punch out at a certain time. What, are we going to have to punch out 25 minutes before our shift is over lest we get a long job next that would not be able to be done in time? And what about people, like me, with split shifts? If we did that a couple times a day we could fall short up to an hour a day. Ridiculous. They will probably say that if we have to do this (which BETTER be rare, ya right) then every time we work so much as 1 minute over our shift we have to get permission by calling or emailing. Ridiculous.

Okay MQ what's your next big idea.

LOCKING OUT - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
My CMM is constantly asking us to move our schedule to later in the day because of NJA. What about when she asks us to put in an extra power hour, as workload is high (which is optional)? I don't see how it would work either.

NJA North/Q post - long (as always) Ha Ha - vikefan

[ In Reply To ..]

I am a now former employee of the North area (I had never been fired in my life until yesterday, (we can barely afford for me not to work) and yet, I am not upset in the least that I was fired.  I'm actually giddy and giggling about it.  I truly think it's funny and I will be applying for unemployment but I don't think I'll be out of a job very long.  In another post, I am going to give you a link to a site that has a lot companies that only require a resume, some that require experience stats but so far, no tests. Then, if they're interested, you test and/or interview from there.  I have 5 or 6 tests/interviews scheduled already and I just started sending out resumes yesterday evening.  After my tests and interviews, I'll send out more.  

Q has stressed me out for so long I didn't know how bad it was until they told me I was let go and I was relieved (my husband even told me last night I had no idea how stressed I had been about that place for so long).  Say you're having a rough week, all crappy dictators and are lucky to make your 3900 lines and you've put in your 39 hours. Where's the time to read the 25 daily E-mails, read everything at DocQCenteral and keep up with your feedback and even with feedback, you have no recourse if they are wrong when they correct your report?  I did all the extras on my own time, almost all the time. Even if I had a good week, I didn't want to stop at 4000 lines just to do the other stuff. And you're supposed to do all of this in 39 hours, remember about 25 passwords for so many applications and take some of the courses on your own time without pay.  It's beyond belief.  Think about it.  

I think a lot of you are there or are getting burned out.  You've been with Q a long time so why switch now?  You know the job, you know the format, the software, etc., and if you're lucky, you've had the same accounts for more than 3 weeks but all too often (at least 5-7 times while I was there in 27 months, as soon as I started screaming through the accounts with so many lines I couldn't count, I got switched to different hospitals, and my lines dropped each time - I'd pick up again, excel and get switched, over and over). I know most of us think that there's nothing like the old familiar - you know - kinda like staying with the abusive husband because you aren't familiar with life without him, could you make it without him, etc.?  What would you do?  Familiarity is a comfort to you.  

A lot of you here know I am a recovering alcoholic of many years (10 years sober, but alcoholic brought me down quick and very hard.  I started drinking hard around age 28 and was a full-fleged dawn-to-dusk drinker by age 32) .  As active alcoholics, we are afraid of change.  As recovering alcoholics, we learn how good change can be.   It is the same way with life.  If you are unhappy, time to do something about it, lest we get stuck going down the same path over and over again, being unhappy the rest of our lives.  

Don't make excuses not to look elsewhere just because you're "used to the Q".  If you're truly happy there, stay.  I was happy, I mean I really liked that place for about 18 months (and especially my first supervisor who was let go one day - all I knew is she was there one day and I had a new one the next).   I defended the company to no end when people criticized it (naive or just stupid, I guess).  

When they let me go, they couldn't say this was the reason (legally it would be trouble).  I had gotten so sick I probably should have been hospitalized at least a couple of times.  My line count suffered time to time, which more than likely was due to my constant fever (nothing would bring it down), constant pain, constant infection, constant fever, weakness, white count over 20K etc. etc.  

I tried to call off a couple of times during all of this, but since it was during the summer months, I was told PTO was closed and that I just could not take time off on a whim (I hope the ones responsible for that statement get the same "whim" I had).  All I wanted was a day or two where I could just rest and try to get better (for almost 3 months, I had about 3 or so full nights of sleep because I was either up peeing every 20 minutes due to the severe UTI, in pain due to the kidney stones or other inflammation the septicemia left my body or whatever.  Constant pain makes for little sleep.  All the steroids they had me on for the inflammation made my hands shake so bad, it was hard to type.  I couldn't breathe without feeling like there was a knife in my back.  Yet I did not miss one day of work, or, if I had to go to the doctor or ER, I made up the time that day.   I am not a sickly person, just someone who ended up with 9 body systems affected (not counting broken foot/ankle and abscessed tooth) and was put on 14 medications to try and get me better, on top of my normal meds.   At one point, I didn't really want to die but honestly, I was just so sick, that didn't care if I did.  I was 42 years old.   

Again, my lines did suffer (I could barely sit up in my chair) and one time only, my work quality went to 97.5% so I got put on review for that.  And even then, I was still denied a little time off to try to heal.  

Anyway, I had even mentioned to my supe yesterday that I hope they clean up their act (after discussing all my missing documents, during which she remained silent) because I'd hate to have to contact the SEC so they're investigated again.  She was speechless (I wasn't nasty about it, only stating a fact).  It's a shame.  My supe was one of the good ones and if it's one thing I can say about myself is that I am a very observant person.  I can tell you without even ever having met her in person, that she is overworked (she never said that to me, I can just tell these things) and probably way underpaid for the job she does (they work all week and then if you need to call them on the weekends, you can page them by pressing * whatever???  Christ, I'd go insane.  Give me my 2 days off).  A year ago, she only had to cc maybe 15 people or so when she sent out E-mails. Now, her cc list is so long, it's a paragraph, probably about 7 lines of people she is now responsible for.  I feel for her and I'd bet the higher ups treat her like crap. She is a hard worker.  Too bad I don't think I can mention her name because she is one of the good ones, efficient, on top of things and very hard working.  

Anyway,  I only made the SEC comment because I've been the victim of so many missing reports (wrote an E-mail to my CTL about it and wrote something like "I check my stats against my job IDs and I can SEC, er, um, see that they just don't match" and almost always, reports are missing".  I can tell you that this went over like a ton of bricks.  :-)  

The missing reports went on for months and I thought maybe I was just nuts (after I mentioned the missing reports, that nonsense stopped).  I had no idea about the lawsuit when I was hired or even for awhile after that.  Once I looked into things, I realized, that I worked just as hard every day, and slowly but surely, those $800 plus paychecks twice a month were going down down down down down.  I was never trained or told to track reports, write job IDs, doc IDs, etc.   Make sure you are doing this, and make sure you check your stats.  They will rip you off in a heartbeat.  I had 2 dictations in a row one day, one 30 min, one 45 min.  Upon completion of each, I had exactly 1 line of credit for each document even though there was dictation all the way through both reports.  When I called my supe re this, she told me they showed on their end that someone else did the reports and I questioned then why was it showing I did both reports (albeit with only 1 line of credit) and they said I must not have done something right.  One other time (I worked Tue-Sat), I had over 900 lines on Tuesday and over 900 on Wed.  I didn't want to wait for my final report for that Wed and guess what?  There were no stats whatsoever for that Wednesday.  When I called, they told me I must have been thinking about Tuesday.  I asked them then what had I done all day on Wednesday?  Another 900 lines ripped off.

Make sure you are getting credit for your work.  These people are proven thieves who got away with murder.  ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS PAY BACK THE COMPANIES WHO SENT THEM THE MT, AND YOU WORKED FOR FREE FOR HOW LONG???????  

One other thing I was never told is that when you have NJA, you log out of DQS.  I never did.  I didn't know better.  Of course, you know what that did to my line count when it was slow.  

One last thing that drove me insane - in the 2+ years I was there, they eliminated, changed, rearranged, etc., positions so often I had a terrible time keeping track of things because job responsibilities and titles just kept changing.  I refused to keep a notebook of what position who was now and what their responsibilities were.  Why bother?  It was going to change soon anyway.  And I got reamed for asking a wrong person a question when that particular responsibility had been taken away from them just a couple days previously.  All I can do is shake my head.  

I want to thank those who are still with me and again, if you are happy at MQ, I encourage you to stay.  If you are not, think about exploring your options.  Like I said, life is short.  Remember what the Bible says: "None of us are promised another year, another month, another day. Each day is a gift from God."  It always says "For what is your life?  It is even a vapour that appeareth for a litttle time, and then vanisheth away".

I really truly hope things improve for those of you there.  I hope Q gets their act together.  Try to keep your chins up, and for those of you who are not happy, think about doing some soul searching.  

I want to bless all of you here, wish you all the best of luck in whatever you do and I will stay in touch from time to time.  Again, this post is NOT to encourage or discourage anyone to quit MQ, stay with them, take action against them, report them etc.  It only shares my experiences and I certainly hope yours are better.

Now, let's hope that warmer weather comes in soon so we can start opening our windows and feeling that beautiful breeze as we type.  I'll be posting that web site soon where you can forward your resumes.  Plus, I've got tests to take tonight.  

Again, God bless all of you and keep you safe.  We've had our differences at times but you are one great group of people.  Laughing   Like I said, I will stay in touch but I will definitely miss you guys.  Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Any Info When The Lockdown Happening In North Area?
Apr 28, 2010

: ...

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

Interim QA Gone - North Or West (or North By Northwest) With Apologies To Alfred Hitchcock !
Apr 05, 2011

Ours from the West has (thankfully) gone back to being another MME like the rest of us poor mortals.  I found her e-mails to be bossy, snippy, condescending and picky to the point of absurdity.  The frosting on the cake was the recent e-mail that said MT's are to be held at fault if the doctor makes a mistake on a lab value, med dosage, etc.  Some people get a little taste of power and become unbearable.  I, for one, bid her a joyful farewell because ...

Anyone Who Doesn't Have Work Ask To Move To North, North Is Swamped
Oct 19, 2013

If your bob never has work, ask to move to the north. We even got an e mail from the head of work routing, stating they need everyone to work.  That never happens.  If you need work and are constantly out, ask to move. ...

NJA Radiology SA5 As Usual
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Usual Time To Be On QA
Aug 19, 2010

What is the usual amount of time to be on QA with a new company? ...

Is QA Done In India? Usual Editors Are Now Gone. Just
Aug 02, 2010

xx ...

He Is Very Loquacious And Seems A Little Bit More *entered* Than Usual. Thx. Nm
Aug 05, 2011

nm ...

Got My Last Pay Stub. As Usual Made Less
Dec 31, 2011

Will have to look in my file, but I believe I haven't made this little since about 1988? ...

Fluency Get Slower Than Usual For Anybody Else?
Jul 10, 2013

it's been downloading a job for about 5 minutes now.  Rebooted with same results.  Did a speed test and am still downloading everything else fine.  Just Fluency server it seems. ...

What Are The Usual Questions On A Phone Interview? Sm
May 06, 2010

Just curious if someone can tell me the typical questions asked on phone interviews?     ...

DSG People, Is Work Slower Than Usual?
Oct 20, 2011

I can't remember, is this our usual "slow time", or do you think there is another reason we have so little work right now?  This 2-4 hours a day of work is going to suck on the paycheck. ...

Has Anyone Else Been Getting 10 Times More Post Audits Than Usual??
Nov 30, 2012

I am getting audited 5 jobs a day at least.  This is FAR FAR more than ever before. I used to get maybe 1 or 2 a week. I am also noticing much higher dings on these audits.  In the same report I got an error for not ADDING an and that was not dictated and then got dinged for ADDING an and that had been dictated.  Is this verbatim OR NOT!!! Anyway, it just seems that there is a A LOT more QA auditing happening than usual.  Just me??? ...

Had My Usual Friday Night Lineup- Sm
Oct 25, 2013

With the dictator from hell, 16 PGN in a row, and everybody sitting there waiting for somebody else to do him - the catch this time is that somewhere along the line in the last 2 weeks of getting stuck with these every single night is that I learned to understand him!  So, I sat there taking all those progress notes that nobody else wanted and only had to send 2 of 16 to QA for blanks this time and my percent to QA still stayed under 5.71% and I got 200 easy lines with nobody snatching ...

Usual Line Counts? (regular Typing)
May 27, 2011

What is your usual daily line count?  How many hours is that in?  Not VR, editing, anything funky - just straight typing.  Just curious... Thanks!!! ...

Silent Type MTs Even Sadder Than Usual Today?
Jun 25, 2012

Are any of you ST MTs even sadder than usual today? ...

Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place (as Usual)
Jun 12, 2014

So QA keeps telling me to review the acct specs as I continue to format certain reports incorrectly.  Sigh.  I have looked and there is nothing in the acct specs that states anything about formatting, but yet if I say anything, I will be the "bad guy" so I am just going to keep quiet as much as I hate to.  I would rather be able to talk with them, but I have enough experience with these people to know how it will turn out:( ...

Both Groins And Abdomen Were Prepped And Draped In The Usual Manner From SM
Jan 26, 2010

the midthigh to the s/l "zif-fus" sternum.  ...

This Is My Last Week At M Modal. Will Final Pay Be Direct Deposited As Usual?
Dec 31, 2012

I hope my final pay is direct deposited, b/c I have bills taken out and cannot wait for the paper check to come in the mail. Does anyone know if final pay is also direct deposited? Thanks in advance. ...

Well, I Have Had The Usual Late Night Line Count Crushing Jobs.
Jul 25, 2014

First 3/4, hanging on 150 lph by a thread.  Now the usual late-night line-killer doctor a couple of times and a long train of bad audio.  Just barely able to get over 110 lph.  Oh, and don't forget that 20-minute job during which the doctor had a hard time making up his mind as to what he wanted to say. Performance management here I am.  Got my first nudge today.  Let's see if they will let me be on line count performance management as long as they did quality ...

Anyone Else In The Dallas Area?
Oct 14, 2009

I've not met many MT's in this area. ...

S/l Indoperiscapular Area
Feb 03, 2010

The patient is having trouble with his right shoulder.   He has tenderness in his s/l indoperiscapular area. tia. ...

No Jobs Available. SA5 Area. Still Cannot
Feb 05, 2010

An email from manager stated it could take a couple of weeks to get backlog because each name has been put in separately for the backlog. WHATEVER!!!! NO WORK.  Only doing my accounts and BOB is low.  No more PTO time to take.  I am screwed.  HATE THIS JOB!!!  Trying to take some college classes this summer. ...

How Would You Type 9 10 Area?
Mar 12, 2010

Examination of the right lower rib cage reveals pain about the 9 10 area on the ribs. tia. ...

S/l Supervehicular Area
Sep 14, 2010

He had good air entry bilaterally. He has a mass in the left sup_______area which could be a thyroid nodule or a lymph node. appearance. His heart is about ...

Area Of Uj? Near The Radius Sm
Jun 09, 2011

His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself, but the s/l "area uj"  appears to be well preserved.  There is callous formation over the radius ...

Neck And S/l Decloget Area - Sm
Oct 31, 2009

Definitely doing too much today - cannot even come up with this word that I know that I know! Help please and thank you. ...

MT Transcription Area In Your Home, Where Is It?
Jan 25, 2010

Where are you set up?  I am moving my desk and office stuff around, I find if I do that I actually work better (I know that sound strange, but I find that it's true!)  My mother used to move her furniture around every once in a while... LOL Not that it made a huge amount of difference honestly, but it made her happy and it did liven things up a bit. So, my question is, where is your MT station set up in your home?  I thought about moving out by the kitchen and out of my offi ...

What The Heck? New Service Area For SA5-6?
Jan 26, 2010

What?  Anyone else?  I have to copy my dictionary and expansions.  Cannot call support for this.  Have to do it on your own.  Want it done in a couple of days.  They give you an option to go to a special webinar for dates Januar 20, 21 and 25th? HELLO?????  I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING AND I DO BELIEVE IT IS THE 26th.  Gosh!  GET ME OUT OF THIS COMPANY!!!  I HAVE HAD IT!!!!  IT SUCKS!!!!  ...

S/l Lyngirdle - Cervicothoracic Area. TIA!!
Jun 19, 2010

Doctor states, "He has some discomfort with range of motion of the right (s/l) lyngirdle." ...