A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Had my usual Friday night lineup- sm - gotcha

Posted: Oct 25, 2013

With the dictator from hell, 16 PGN in a row, and everybody sitting there waiting for somebody else to do him - the catch this time is that somewhere along the line in the last 2 weeks of getting stuck with these every single night is that I learned to understand him!  So, I sat there taking all those progress notes that nobody else wanted and only had to send 2 of 16 to QA for blanks this time and my percent to QA still stayed under 5.71% and I got 200 easy lines with nobody snatching anything.  Take THAT ONE! I also do know now that it's the offshore MLS who are doing it. 

Way to go! - Always learn the so-called hard ones

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, those hard ones make you cry at first, but like you said, if you learn their voice then you have no trouble. It makes you better at everything in the long run.

LOVE IT!...sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The offshore MLS on our accounts like to throw the difficult ones back into the pool... Like no one notices when they just pop back up in the queue, 2 hours OTAT....

When I first started working from home, one of the accounts I did had this ONE horrifying female foreign doctor that absolutely NO ONE wanted to do. Of course, during my first few days working for a new service, she's dictated like 5 or 6 reports in a row, and guess who got them?.... yep, me... I wanted to tear my hair out, scream, basically just quit the job right then and there, lol. But as I was starting on the 4th report, I realized that she was saying the same thing over and over in areas that I had struggled to figure out with the first 3 reports, so I made a bunch of shortcuts for her physical exam, review of systems, etc.

About 6 months into my job with this service, the TSM sent an email telling us that we ALL needed to be able to do her dictations, that she realized how difficult they were but it wasn't fair to leave them sitting in the queue for just 1 person to do. I sent an email back to her and told her that I'd volunteer to do them if no one else wanted her because she was gravy lines for me once I figured out what the heck she was really saying! She laughed and said I was the ONLY person who had "volunteered" to take on her dictations and after she'd listened to her, she could definitely understand why no one else wanted her.

Shoot, I figured I sweated, cursed, and cried through the first 3 reports, which took me nearly 2 hours to do, the only thing left to do was suck it up and make the best out of it. Sometimes those really difficult ones make the best money!

Similar Messages:

Well, I Have Had The Usual Late Night Line Count Crushing Jobs.
Jul 25, 2014

First 3/4, hanging on 150 lph by a thread.  Now the usual late-night line-killer doctor a couple of times and a long train of bad audio.  Just barely able to get over 110 lph.  Oh, and don't forget that 20-minute job during which the doctor had a hard time making up his mind as to what he wanted to say. Performance management here I am.  Got my first nudge today.  Let's see if they will let me be on line count performance management as long as they did quality ...

Another Friday Night Of Having To Shut Down
Nov 26, 2010

While that stupid background virus scan is working on all workstations!!! Can the management people who work behind the scene not get it through their heads that this interrupts everything?? Geeze. My computer locks up every single time this thing runs and it always runs every Friday night. They must be using some updated Java thing with the program because that is what locks me up. My computer has an older Java version that they are using and right in the middle of running their scan, Java mess ...

Is The "deadline" For QA Reports The Same As The Pay Period, I.e. Friday Night?
Jan 30, 2015

Is there a time frame, like till midnight Friday or what, that the QA reports have to be completed to count for the pay period? In other words, when can I breath a sigh of relief? So far I have one report scored 100%. Also wondering since any reversal request have to be submitted by Saturday. ...

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

NJA Radiology SA5 As Usual
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Usual Time To Be On QA
Aug 19, 2010

What is the usual amount of time to be on QA with a new company? ...

North Area NJA As Usual
Feb 24, 2010

with CCM requesting folks do schedule changes also as usual these days.  I don't know about you, but when told we can "set our own schedule," I took this to believe we create our own schedule and then work it.  If the Q doesn't have enough work available for us to do, then why do they still give us this option to do?  There's nothing more frustrating to me than signing in to work, not having any, and then being ask to work later.  If I wanted to "work late ...

Is QA Done In India? Usual Editors Are Now Gone. Just
Aug 02, 2010

xx ...

He Is Very Loquacious And Seems A Little Bit More *entered* Than Usual. Thx. Nm
Aug 05, 2011

nm ...

Got My Last Pay Stub. As Usual Made Less
Dec 31, 2011

Will have to look in my file, but I believe I haven't made this little since about 1988? ...

Fluency Get Slower Than Usual For Anybody Else?
Jul 10, 2013

it's been downloading a job for about 5 minutes now.  Rebooted with same results.  Did a speed test and am still downloading everything else fine.  Just Fluency server it seems. ...

What Are The Usual Questions On A Phone Interview? Sm
May 06, 2010

Just curious if someone can tell me the typical questions asked on phone interviews?     ...

DSG People, Is Work Slower Than Usual?
Oct 20, 2011

I can't remember, is this our usual "slow time", or do you think there is another reason we have so little work right now?  This 2-4 hours a day of work is going to suck on the paycheck. ...

Has Anyone Else Been Getting 10 Times More Post Audits Than Usual??
Nov 30, 2012

I am getting audited 5 jobs a day at least.  This is FAR FAR more than ever before. I used to get maybe 1 or 2 a week. I am also noticing much higher dings on these audits.  In the same report I got an error for not ADDING an and that was not dictated and then got dinged for ADDING an and that had been dictated.  Is this verbatim OR NOT!!! Anyway, it just seems that there is a A LOT more QA auditing happening than usual.  Just me??? ...

Usual Line Counts? (regular Typing)
May 27, 2011

What is your usual daily line count?  How many hours is that in?  Not VR, editing, anything funky - just straight typing.  Just curious... Thanks!!! ...

Silent Type MTs Even Sadder Than Usual Today?
Jun 25, 2012

Are any of you ST MTs even sadder than usual today? ...

Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place (as Usual)
Jun 12, 2014

So QA keeps telling me to review the acct specs as I continue to format certain reports incorrectly.  Sigh.  I have looked and there is nothing in the acct specs that states anything about formatting, but yet if I say anything, I will be the "bad guy" so I am just going to keep quiet as much as I hate to.  I would rather be able to talk with them, but I have enough experience with these people to know how it will turn out:( ...

Both Groins And Abdomen Were Prepped And Draped In The Usual Manner From SM
Jan 26, 2010

the midthigh to the s/l "zif-fus" sternum.  ...

This Is My Last Week At M Modal. Will Final Pay Be Direct Deposited As Usual?
Dec 31, 2012

I hope my final pay is direct deposited, b/c I have bills taken out and cannot wait for the paper check to come in the mail. Does anyone know if final pay is also direct deposited? Thanks in advance. ...

I So Very Much With It Was Friday!!
Jul 14, 2011

I have had so much work this week I felt like my head was spinning from one account to the next, to the next platform and back, and then to the next platform and next acount, and all over again.  I've been working on a couple new ESL's and I literally wanted to put my head down at some points and just cry.  Listening to their rolling tongue and 100-mile-per-hour speech over and over again trying to understand what they were saying.  It was making me nuts!!  I'm ...

Last Day Was Friday
Dec 01, 2013

Best early Christmas present I could have ever given myself!  Now I can't say for sure that the new company I signed on with as an IC is going to be any better, but a girl can dream, can't she?  At any rate, it will be different and will hopefully give me a more flexible schedule so that I can work on that totally new career of upscale cat furniture.  I have not finished my prototype yet as hubby may be getting a new job too and we might be moving for this new job.  ...

This Happens Nearly Every Friday...
Dec 05, 2014

Has anyone elsed noticed that ASR sometimes "takes a break" on Fridays??? I was doing pretty good with my line count for the week, hoping to make a decent bonus tier for this last week before the new pay plan rolls out. Then, BOOM... nearly all reports are straight transcription this morning. Long op notes that I usually edit this time each day (and can get a very good LPH) I now have to type out. Bye bye bonus. ...

Friday, Oh Friday
May 22, 2015

Friday - Is It My Imagination?
Aug 13, 2010

On Friday, all my coworkers seem to take off early.  I thought Friday was a work day.  LOL. ...

Got An Interview Friday!
Oct 19, 2010

Please everyone cross your fingers and toes!!  I tweaked my resume and I've been getting some interest from potential employers and have an interview for this Friday for a medical records clerk for the prosecutor's office.  I'm so hoping this is the one, but I won't be crushed if it's not.  I've had so many disappointments in my new job search over the past year, I'm getting used to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!!     ...

Payday Is Now Every Other Friday
Nov 23, 2010

x ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...

It Must Be Friday--there's Actually Work--nm
Feb 15, 2013

Friday Morning, Once Again Nja
Apr 19, 2013

My paycheck today was a whopping $40.00.  Nja again today.  ...

Quit On Friday
Nov 28, 2014

And it feels great! Wrote my supervisors an email that I was quitting and said all the things I have wanted to say for so long but didn't dare, then proceeded to delete all their software from my computer, including email, and will never look back. Cashing in a pension plan from a previous job that will carry me through until June when I am 62 and can retire. Done with this thankless job!!! ...