A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Transcription Area in your home, where is it? - Wannabe Decorator

Posted: Jan 25, 2010

Where are you set up?  I am moving my desk and office stuff around, I find if I do that I actually work better (I know that sound strange, but I find that it's true!)  My mother used to move her furniture around every once in a while... LOL Not that it made a huge amount of difference honestly, but it made her happy and it did liven things up a bit.

So, my question is, where is your MT station set up in your home?  I thought about moving out by the kitchen and out of my office, to have a better view of the yard and animals, bird feeder, squirrels, etc., something different to look at once in a while makes the time go by faster). 

I guess if you claim your office setup on your taxes that wouldn't work, as I think it has to be a separate room.. maybe someone can enlighten us on that.. anyway..

Anybody got any great ideas of how to change up your office this Spring?  I was going to post a picture, but I deleted it.  Maybe I'll take another one.  Ill pay decorator fees for good ideas--;>)

Thanks to a busted water line and a flooded office (extra bedroom), I am now (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
in a corner in my kitchen. I am really enjoying it as well because I feel like I am back in the mainstream of things in my house again, lol. It is just myself and my husband at home now, he works days but it is nice in the evenings when I do have extra work that I am in a room where he is (living room and kitchen are open concept). I did not realize just how "cut off" I felt until I had to move in here. I get to open my backdoor on the mornings that the sun is shining and watch the birds, etc., open the windows in my kitchen and my living room and have loads and loads of natural light, something else that I did not realize I was missing so much.

I may just stay where I am, lol. I had a friend who was an MT, had an office at home, again an extra bedroom, had her stepchild to move into that room and she still claimed the office. She said that the IRS would give her advance notice if they were coming out to "inspect" her office. I have never claimed an office and would be absolutely terrified to do it that way, afraid that they would just show up.

Any way, that's my office, lol.

office setup - KYMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have my office set up in an extra bedroom, but I've discovered that decorating it to my taste (southwestern/Native American) and having each desk facing out a window has made a tremendous difference. I can watch my dogs playing while I work, and that cheers me up. Also, my Mom was sweet enough to surprise me with custom-made drapes that I love. If you make the room "your own," I think it's a great mood lifter.

Office setup - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I use the little room that was supposed to be a dining room, it is small enough and I have it decorated to my liking...desk facing window. I like it as there are doors and I can close them when I have to.

My office is underneath my bed. - CatLuvr

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a very tall, 7' loft bed!
;D

Got nose trouble so mine is setting right - where I can look out

[ In Reply To ..]
When hubs and I moved to a newer home in 2004 it was the 2 of us and a 4 bedroom home. Kittycats got their own bedroom and I got one also for my workroom. Like I said, facing the street looking out the driveway and I repainted from a bright yellow (had been a baby's room with Twinkle, Twinkle motif running around the top of the ceiling and stars trailing down the wall to now a colonial blue with white woodwork, white plantation shutters. No overhead lights so I found on Craig's List a floor lamp that has the same blue with black mottling throughout. Also got a painting with birds with gold and blue in the background. Over in the corner I set up a place for my family pictures. I did have a huge wood L shaped desk, downsized and now have a set of glass desk, stand where my fax machine and books set with silver trimming. I just love my room!!

Your room sounds great! nm - Sunshine State MT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

the home office decor - tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My desk is in what I call my office which has a sleeper sofa and huge windows that I can look at my flowers in the summer, see my driveway and see when the mail comes. I love it right where it is. I don't feel so detached from the world as long as I can see what is going on outside. I live in the country. But I did choose this room in particular because it has electric heat and the rest of the house has gas and I usually only heat the rest of the house for the two of the coldest months of the year, cannot afford more than that.

Similar Messages:

Easiest Area Of Transcription
Jul 06, 2012

Just curious, if someone is just getting into medical transcription, what would be considered the easiest type of work to do, if there is such a thing?  I was started out doing ER work and wonder if that's the simplest or just what they needed most at the time?  ...

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

How Can I Get An At-home Transcription Job?
Jun 23, 2012

How can I get an at-home job as a medical transcriptionist? I have been applying constantly at online positions and they all require "experience" already. Please help! ...

Home Transcription Ad...ha
Jul 08, 2012

Love my job as an at-home MT and love working from home, but that set aside, I think we can all agree that if you're looking to make good money, this is likely not the profession to pursue anymore.  So I saw this ad in one of my magazines, August issue:Train at home to Work at Home . . . Be a Medical Transcriptionist . . . Earn up to $40,000 a year. . . Also, there's a picture of a lady at her computer smiling really big with her 4 or 5-year-old daughter in her lap.  Hahahaha ...

New To At-home Transcription
Jan 16, 2014

I am considering doing medical transcription from home. I have never had this sort of job before and need some advice. Does anyone know of a good "starter" company that would offer part-time work?  Is finding a good company just a matter of research and word-of-mouth? I do have 20+ yrs experience. Any advice appreciated!! Thanks! ...

Anyone Out There Doing Anything Else From Home- Besides Transcription???
Oct 29, 2014

Just wondering if anyone is doing something other than transcription from home. Thanks! ...

If I Was Let Go Of A Home Medical Transcription Job...?
Mar 06, 2010

In previous posts I mentioned that I was let go of a home medical transcription job because I didn't produce the "perfect" amount of work that was needed right away... Anyways, as I mentioned previously, I got this home medical transcription job only a month after I graduated from Rasmussen College and was let go just last month. The story was, when she first hired me she said it would take me 6 months to get perfect at my job, then after the first month she told me she needed me to be per ...

Laptop To Do At-home Transcription
Apr 18, 2010

I have a laptop computer which I love. Am I really restricted to stay in my "office" or will I be able to move around my home in order to do at-home transcription. ...

Funeral Home Transcription?
Sep 11, 2010

Hi all, I wondered if anyone had heard of or done funeral home transcription.   My husband had an interview today at a funeral home and the director told him they had transcriptionist who transcribe the embalmer's reports.  I had never heard of this, but thought this would be something sort of interesting.  Have any of you heard of this before?  ...

Left At Home Transcription....
Jul 02, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 15 years now. After leaving MedQuist due to their bad management, I have been hopping around for several years not able to find the right match for me. Everything that sounds great at the beginning turns out to be the opposite. Either the pay is cut in half for their horrible speech recognition or it pays well and the program that they use just isn't very productive. I realized I had no choice but go back into the hospitals when my last position ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Wanting To Transition To At-home Transcription
Mar 12, 2012

Hi, I currently work full-time at a University Hospital in Iowa in the Department of OB/GYN and have been transcribing in this department for 8 years.  I transcribe for the residents and since their notes are so detailed I have experience in typing about other medical conditions besides just gynecology/ob related.  I have an hour commute one way and I am seriously thinking of quitting this job and trying at-home transcription so I can be closer to my daughter during the day.  She ...

Transcription At Home Changed My Life
Jan 19, 2013

In the year 2000 I started making 34,000 then by 2005 I was making over 55,000/year. I bought a house, thought eveything was good. Suddenly in in 2008 I made 37,452 and by 2009 I lost my house, my job and had to live on my 401K money that I had to take out early to survive on, plus unemployment of course. This year 2013 I made 18,000 dollars. I lost my standing in life, I feel depressed alot, I can't take my grandchildren out anymore like I used to, maybe once a year is all I can afford. ...

Working From Home Medical Transcription
May 21, 2014

I have put together a list of work-at-home companies, some transcription but I tried to not include companies you would already see on this site, and some not.  I cannot vouch for any of these companies but I did get them from 2 different sites that were said to be reliable (i.e., not schemes).  Please reply by email if you would like me to email you my list.   ...

Medical Transcription Working From Home
Jan 21, 2015

i am currrently in school how hard is it to get a job from home in transcription or coding? ...

Would You Still Recommend At-home Medical Transcription, In 2011
Nov 05, 2011

I was trained as a Medical Transcriptionist at a two-year college from 1990 to 1992.  I worked at a hospital for a couple of years doing radiology, non-invasive cardiology, and neurology transcription, then I got married and moved.  Soon thereafter, I started work at a mental health clinic as a Medical Transcriptionist with 12 other transcriptionists.  This was in late 1993 and I am still there as of right now.  The 12 transcriptionists have either left or been laid off over ...

Looking To Start Typing Medical Transcription At Home
Jun 21, 2013

I am looking to start doing medical transcription at home. I have 8 years experience in a family physician's office. How do I get started? What is a fair wage?  ...

Is At Home Professions A Good School For Medical Transcription?
Jan 25, 2011

Is At Home Professions a good school for medical transcription?  I read that it is not AHDI certified.  What does that mean? ...

Family Practice MT Needed For P.R.N. Work - Crystals Home Transcription
Sep 23, 2010

Has anyone applied and heard back from this company today? ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

MT Home Course From At Home Professions?
Jan 27, 2010

Any info on the MT home course from At Home Professions?  ...

Anyone Else In The Dallas Area?
Oct 14, 2009

I've not met many MT's in this area. ...

S/l Indoperiscapular Area
Feb 03, 2010

The patient is having trouble with his right shoulder.   He has tenderness in his s/l indoperiscapular area. tia. ...

No Jobs Available. SA5 Area. Still Cannot
Feb 05, 2010

An email from manager stated it could take a couple of weeks to get backlog because each name has been put in separately for the backlog. WHATEVER!!!! NO WORK.  Only doing my accounts and BOB is low.  No more PTO time to take.  I am screwed.  HATE THIS JOB!!!  Trying to take some college classes this summer. ...

How Would You Type 9 10 Area?
Mar 12, 2010

Examination of the right lower rib cage reveals pain about the 9 10 area on the ribs. tia. ...

S/l Supervehicular Area
Sep 14, 2010

He had good air entry bilaterally. He has a mass in the left sup_______area which could be a thyroid nodule or a lymph node. appearance. His heart is about ...

Area Of Uj? Near The Radius Sm
Jun 09, 2011

His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself, but the s/l "area uj"  appears to be well preserved.  There is callous formation over the radius ...

Neck And S/l Decloget Area - Sm
Oct 31, 2009

Definitely doing too much today - cannot even come up with this word that I know that I know! Help please and thank you. ...

What The Heck? New Service Area For SA5-6?
Jan 26, 2010

What?  Anyone else?  I have to copy my dictionary and expansions.  Cannot call support for this.  Have to do it on your own.  Want it done in a couple of days.  They give you an option to go to a special webinar for dates Januar 20, 21 and 25th? HELLO?????  I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING AND I DO BELIEVE IT IS THE 26th.  Gosh!  GET ME OUT OF THIS COMPANY!!!  I HAVE HAD IT!!!!  IT SUCKS!!!!  ...

North Area NJA As Usual
Feb 24, 2010

with CCM requesting folks do schedule changes also as usual these days.  I don't know about you, but when told we can "set our own schedule," I took this to believe we create our own schedule and then work it.  If the Q doesn't have enough work available for us to do, then why do they still give us this option to do?  There's nothing more frustrating to me than signing in to work, not having any, and then being ask to work later.  If I wanted to "work late ...