A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My reward for taking PTO on a Sunday - NJA on a Monday. sm

Posted: Aug 09, 2010

I have never run into NJA on a Monday morning.  I had the hardest time getting the day off yesterday. (I have 3 weeks of accrued PTO which I have to take before December.)  My CCM didn't respond for nearly a month.  When I started reminding her every day for a response, she responded saying if I get the day off, I have to work a Friday.  To make it up?  She says she has a hard time staffing Sundays.  Well I have a HARDER TIME SACRIFICING THEM FOR THE LAST 9 YEARS OF MY LIFE THANKY0UVERYMUCH.  Now I have to do HER a favor by working a Friday for her granting my wish?  Her response is what I was afraid of.  I guess I should have laid low for a few days longer, until after my requested day passed and she still kept her head stuck in the sand.  This over-reaction on her part was uncalled for.  How the heck will I be able to take the rest of my PTO?  What are they going to ask for next, my first born?  Also, how long should I have to bite the bullet with NJA before I qualify for unemployment?

One word describes MQ - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Disgusting. Every imaginable way to make it miserable. I would like to take their "make it up" requirement and push it in their faces. What an underhanded, unreasonble group of people to work for. They say paybacks are hell, and boy do I want to be around to see it.

I want a FRONT ROW SEAT when their payback comes. - Rocky Raccoon - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

One word - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
There is another word to describe MQ, but unfortunately, I cannot say it on this board. This is a family program. :)

If I am following you correctly, - you have PTO time and cant use it?

[ In Reply To ..]
So, you have time, you are not allowed to take the time without making it up?

I would send an e-mail to CCM and his/her superior stating that you have 3 weeks of PTO that you need to use before the end of the year and you are going to be scheduling that time so that you do not lose it!

I would explain that you will not be making up the time that you are away, because you earned your time away according to MQ policy.

Then I would give them the dates, and take your time off.

This place has lost it!!!

I can use my PTO, but - NJA on Monday

[ In Reply To ..]
as a returned favor, I have to be able to work a Friday when one of her other MTs takes time off on a Friday. I don't know whether she wants me to take off one of my regularly worked days to work that Friday, or whether I can get overtime for working it, but I did get to cash in 8 hours of my PTO yesterday. It's not exactly like I'm making it up, but in turn for her granting my wish, I kind of owe her one now. It always seems like pulling teeth to get any PTO time off. Isn't what what Schedule Source was supposed to facilitate? Every time I asked for a day off here or there (not always Sundays), after waiting a few weeks, I have had to relentlessly remind my CCM. Ridiculous IMO. I'm sure this is all driven because of the pressure the CCM is under to make their bonuses for TAT or whatever pressure MQ has them under. The days I need off most are the weekend days as that is when most normal people do things and events are scheduled, etc. Could you imagine if I asked the dog show superintendant to reschedule his day on a less busy day to suit my schedule??? Because of my CCM sticking her head in the sand for so long, I missed the deadline to sign up for that dog show. Curses on the Q.

You don't owe her anything. It is her JOB to handle PTO requests. - She was not doing you a favor.

[ In Reply To ..]
This place gets more unbelievable by the day!

I don't get this at all - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Every single second of our time is micromanaged to the point of sheer insanity, however, the CCM cannot even approve a PTO request when it has been there over 2 weeks!

They should have to respond to every e-mail and every PTO request, and ever schedule source error, and so on, every single day! That is their job.

How do they get a bonus when they are not doing their job? They get a bonus for us doing our job!

This company is screwed up.

this is on her - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
If she would have approved your PTO in a timely manner the hours would have posted to the swap board for someone else to have a chance to work them, problem solved! She should be grateful you work weekends not trying to guilt you into "favors." If she truly needs Friday hours then she either needs to post hours to the swap board or get some people to move some hours to Fridays. And if she is determined for you to work a Friday in trade you can always call in sick or claim internet issues/storms. Two can play at that game. You stick up for yourself- you are allowed to take the PTO you earned without strings attached and shame on her.

If you work Friday without switching one of your regular days - you will not get any OT

[ In Reply To ..]
Since you took PTO on sunday, technically, without working friday, you would be only putting in 32 hours this week. If you worked Friday, that would be 40 and they wouldn't have to give you OT. PTO is exempt from counting towards OT. It's in the handbook somewhere. My old CCM used to the same. If I could get PTO, she would ask me to work extra during the week. That way, they get more coverage without forcing OT and losing their CCM bonus.

My CCM also said she got all my - NJA on a Monday

[ In Reply To ..]
e-mails and saw my Schedule Source PTO requests, just didn't respond (!) Well that sure makes me feel appreciated - not. I had e-mailed her diplomatically asking if maybe she was not receiving my e-mails. She said she had, but was working on trying to get that Sunday staffed should she decide to give me the day off. Here I was, not even knowing if she got my e-mails, thinking she might just be ignoring me and in effect, she was by just not letting me know what was going on. If we are supposedly MQ customers as well, I feel gypped. I'd like to have a life around my (2) jobs. When MQ droped our income I had to get a second job to augment the lost income. The last amount of free time I still have should be my own, not theirs to grab. My resentment is rising.

wow - similar story here. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had an emergency and needed to take PTO the very next day. I called supervisor and she agreed to approve it as long as "I never did this again." Okay, I promise never to have an emergency again. PTO is like gold to me. I use it for emergencies and doc visits only, God forbid I would actually use it for a vacation, let alone afford a vacation. I work when i'm sick and to the point of complete burn out. I need it for an emergency, I have earned it, and I feel like i'm being chastised when I try to use it.

when did we become so worthless to them? - just wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a death in the family and my CCM would not even answer her phone or email. After the fact she responded that there was a blackout on PTO around holidays. Yep, I guess we are supposed to schedule family deaths around MQ too. Unreal. They truly believe that we are robots sitting at home without kids or a family or any emergencies that come up. These stories just make me sad.

My reward - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
I would send a question to MT questions and ask them when using your PTO became contingent upon favors to your CCM.

PTO is PTO--you don't make it up. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It sounds more like a "I'll scrach your back if you scratch mine" kind of scenario th - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It sounds more like a "I'll scrach your back if you scratch mine" - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
scenario that the CCM wants. (sorry got cut off) but it sounds like the CCM is trying to get you to help her with her staffing problems (which is not your responsibility) in order for her to give you your EARNED PTO. kind of blackmail I think!
Blackmail - I think so, too
[ In Reply To ..]
and it's just what I was trying to avoid by trying to lie low. A timely response would be much more appreciated, JUST LET ME KNOW either way so I can plan the rest of my life. I guess they just assume we have no life and live to work. I also wonder if the Q has the CCMs shaking in their boots as well so they pass that angst onto us. Maybe the Q blackmailed the CCMs asking them how far they'd go if they wanted to keep their jobs. I remember talking on the phone to someone from Q calling me one weekend a few months ago. She had nothing nice to say about anybody and how hard her job was, blah, blah. Her unprofessional attitude made me wonder how they all must hate each other and us, and it's just a dog-eat-dog business.

Similar Messages:

Reward For Both Quality And Productivity
Mar 20, 2015

With new plan that starts March 28, QA over 99% and over 99.5% are both $0.0800 a line.  If your work is perfect and you get 100% on QA, you still make $0.0800 a line if you type under 150 LPH.  Might as well go for speed.  None of the things I get zinged for in Fiesa have anything to do with patient safety.  Even if I get under 99% on QA I can still make $0.0750 CPL.  If I type 1000 lines and get 100% accuracy I make $80 for the day.  If I type 1000 lines and get u ...

Help On A Sunday!
Nov 24, 2013

Who are we supposed to contact when we need technical help on a Sunday?  There used to be a number to call but I don't have it anymore, which is my fault, I know.  Fluency won't let me in, saying my new password is not recognized, yet it let me into Teamwork.   Man o' man - it's always something, as Gilda Radner used to say. ...

OOW On Sunday At 3 A.m.?
Aug 31, 2014

Just as I suspected would happen...no work!  I have no PTO to take and I know this entire week will be a struggle if there is no work very early Sunday morning.  Not sure what is going on or where all the work is...oh yea...probably INDIA!!!!!   ...

Another Sunday With NJA
Nov 09, 2014

x ...

A Typical Sunday
Mar 10, 2013

My scheduled day/shift to work and NJA.  Finding I am unable to make up these hours later in the week.  It's not a wonderful life at all.  Can't sleep at night wondering where the money for bills, etc., will come from, wondering who is next for termination. I am looking for another job but no luck so far.  Will be getting even harder in my area as a MAJOR employer is laying of over 1000 workers.  It's getting worse out here.  Hanging on by a thread. ...

Just A Little LOL For Your Sunday Morning...
Apr 28, 2013

Sunday Doctors Rot
Nov 03, 2013

So tempted to just quit..I hate this so much ...

Sunday Dictation
Jan 19, 2014

Is it because they are all dictating on cell phones or what? I am tearing my hair out trying to hear my usually prime dictators because of heaps of static and background noise. Grrrr!! ...

Sunday 2nd Shift?
Jan 11, 2015

Anyone out there working a 2nd shift on Sundays? Are you running out of work?  I know it's slower than slow around the holidays, but the holidays are over and I'm getting really tired of running out of work on Sundays.  This is inpatient, so the day of the week shouldn't matter, right?   #*&!!@%!&#!!! ...

MOT Through SUNDAY? Really?? On Mother's Day??
May 07, 2015

x ...

Is It Me Or Are All The Sunday Dictators Just Crappy
Apr 01, 2012

finally over,, brutal day ...

NJA On Sunday Afternoon In The North
Oct 28, 2012

This really blows.... ...

IMEDX No Coverge On Sunday
Nov 23, 2014

Hint: If you have no MTs working on Sunday on a major account and a bunch of jobs go out of TAT, do you clasify that as stupid on management's position? ...

First Time Ever, Sunday Night And OOW
Mar 01, 2015

For the first time ever, I just got a "No Studies Available" on Enterprise on a Sunday night. Never in all my years with Nuance and before that Webmedx has this happened, even on a holiday there is always work at night. Thank God I have another part time job!!       ...

Just Got The Email - Everybody Must Work A Saturday Or Sunday.
Aug 21, 2010

I already work weekends. They say it is for TAT. Work is already thin on weekends. This is not fair to the people who were hired for M-F. Sat or Sun schedules was the reason I turned down Spheris a long time ago. I only work weekends now because I have been going to school to get out of this MT rat hole. ...

Has Anyone Else Who Was Effected By The DQS Downage Sunday Been Given Any Downtime Pay? I HAVE NOT
Sep 29, 2010

I cannot believe this, I look on my schedule today and all the notes I put with Ticket numbers have been taken away and in their place 0 hours!!!!   I was one of many who could NOT work Sunday due to DQS being down, down, down, down.  Then we are told to wait until Support tells CCM when the time was.  Now I am only to assume I am royally sc***wed over again.   Did anyone else get the downtime we SHOULD HAVE?  So upset, so upset so upset so upset.  ...

Working Every Sunday For The Rest Of My Career
Apr 18, 2012

We are required to work a full-time schedule that includes either Saturday or Sunday, every weekend, forever. The only time we can take a full weekend is if we take a PTO day. But the problem is that we don't get paid holidays anymore (unless we work), so we are almost forced to take many of those as PTO days.  Our sick days come out of our PTO days.  I guess what I am saying is that the thought of having hardly any full weekends "forever" is very disheartening.  The company ...

Remedy Number For Downtime Last Sunday
Jul 20, 2014

Was there ever a Remedy ticket number, or whatever, designated for the downtime on Sunday, 7/13? Thank you!! ...

Why Do All The Companies Have You Working Every Weekend Either Saturday Or Sunday?
May 24, 2010

Why do all the companies have you working every weekend either saturday or sunday?  I would much rather work both sat and sun every other weekend than be tied up every weekend.  Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning for that. ...

Trish Or Tammy. Call Me, Please, Dont Wait Til Sunday.
Nov 01, 2011

x ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

Patient Medical Records Online Is Making News On NBC Sunday At 11
Feb 13, 2010

I have seen where our local news station in Richmond, VA is going to be covering a news story about patient medical records online on Sunday at 11:00 p.m.  The actual story caption advertised is:  "Patient Medical Records Online - What Happens Will Make You Sick." Oh yeah, it's about time.  I know not everyone will have this on NBC but you can access this story afterwards on the NBC Channel 12 website.  It will be interesting to see how this is covered and whether ...

Why Are We Taking This?
Jun 18, 2012

What the heck is going on here? We're being bought out and paid less than the people cleaning the toilets at the "corportate" offices of the big-three companies. We're scraping by to make one-third of what we used to make. Why? Do you actually believe these companies are charging the hospitals less? We're the only ones getting paid less, and less, and less. The hospitals are getting crappy reports, something they're told can't be helped; there's no other alternat ...

Could They Be Taking Even More Pay
Mar 07, 2014

I checked my pay stubs and, granted, I still was getting production bonus 5-6 months ago, but my pay has decreased so much, like $400-500. Sometimes I wonder what all those "delays" with "uploading the lines" are. Honestly, this company has made me literally into a minimum wage worker. Thanks a lot, Nuance, you will soon get your wish and I will have to subsidize my income with food stamps at this rate. I guess that is your objective, more profits for you, spread the poverty so our taxes are ma ...

Wow. I Was Taking A Peek Over Here
Mar 10, 2010

to see what Medquist was looking like.  Looks just about like Spheris to me, possibly a little worse.  Can anyone say what they are paying per line ASR and regular transcription for a mid-level account?  Clinic account?  Not sure it is worth the bother to stick around for this change. ...

Taking More Than 1 Offer
Mar 15, 2010

I have 2 job offers from 2 different companies, but both of these companies are fairly large and have multiple posts with complaints that there is just not enough work for everyone. Would it be possible to take both offers, on the chance that if one doesn't have work the other will? I might be kinda screwed if they both have a lot of work, but it might be worth it to see how both will work out without closing any doors. Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to run 2 companies differen ...

Taking A Poll
Sep 01, 2010

If you get NJA on a very regular basis, reply with what state you are in.  Apparently, some states require pay for downtime, CA I believe being one of them.  I'm not sure of the other states.  Obviously, work can be routed to or away from us at will, and I have a feeling they are choosing MTs from the states that mandate downtime pay over states that don't. ...

Has Anyone Taking The AAPC Course?
Jan 05, 2011

I cannot afford the money to go to a college, so I was wondering how good the AAPC course is.  HAs anyone taken it?  What did you think? ...

Taking The Plunge
Feb 20, 2011

After having been an MT for over half of my life and constantly reading these forums and realizing the shortcomings we are all facing in this industry, I'm taking the plunge. Yesterday my husband and I bought 2 domain names, ordered 500 business cards, my husband is researching MT salaries nationwide, and we're going to start our own MTSO.  An MTSO run by HUMAN BEINGS for HUMAN BEINGS.  A small one, we're looking at probably 20 or less ICs to ensure ample work for every ...

Hey Everyone! I Am Currently Taking A Health
Oct 04, 2011

My teacher IS a lawyer.  Any questions I should ask him??? Just read the post below about the old grandfathered.  I am a grandfathered employee, but what is "new" grandfathered employee.  I had ONE interview back in 1990 and here I am today.  Been bought, merged, and aquired with name changes to finally, Medquist and soon, we will probably getting a new name again after all the acquisitions.  It seems our company is probably run by a lot of lawyers who know how to handle ...