A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedQuist Benchmark - no name

Posted: Feb 21, 2011

"Urged" by QTL or whatever she is to use the Benchmark.  Is it a hassle to get into it the first time, and is it worth messing with?

a lot of ppl like this, i think its worthless - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It might be worth it if MQ paid for the word books - available in the program. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing but the very basic is available and I have never found the answer to anything I needed. MQ did a survey once about what we wanted in Benchmark, but nothing changed. Maybe it helps newbies, but the more experienced need much more and Google has been faster and more fruitful. Heck, it's even hard to find what you want in the AHDI Book of Style in Benchmark.

never even signed up - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried to sign up but found out that all the info (name, address, email) goes right to ADHI. Sorry but I am not helping that organization one bit after they encouraged India and off shoring. I told my CCM that I find all I need on the internet and the few books I was stupid enough to buy. Plus I am still angry over the settlement to ADHI over the lawsuit and then the turnaround and offer of Benchmark for free. MQ shaved my lines for years and all they can offer is Benchmark? no thanks!

Absolutely worthless!!! I could not find the name - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
of an elevator in Benchmark that I was trying to spell. There's no list, you have to enter what you think it is and hope for the best. Even clicked sound out. I finally found it in Tessier's original book! Out of curiosity, I typed in the name of the elevator, and it didn't even come up! Nothing, nada. Biggest waste of money ever.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Using Benchmark KB?
Oct 23, 2009

I am thinking about purchasing this and wonder how well it works in practice.  I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with it.  Thanks! ...

KB Benchmark
Apr 10, 2010

FYI ~ I don't know if any of you out there use the KB Benchmark program we have been given access to, but I started and actually find it very helpful.  HOWEVER, the program is down (not that anyone told me) and according to tech support probably will not be up and running until Monday.  ...

Do We Still Have Benchmark KB?
Dec 30, 2010

My log in information doesn't work, and my MQ email shows up as invalid for forgotten password. ...

Benchmark KB
Nov 08, 2011

Does anyone know about Benchmark KB. I found this website on google and they say they will provide you with the book of style v.3, and stedman's medical spellchecker along with lots of other references electronically for a membership fee of $200/year. Let me know if anyone has heard of them or is acquainted with their reputation. ...

Does Anyone Actually Use Benchmark KB
Feb 15, 2012

I have never used it and in the past someone said it was very slow. ...

Do We Still Have KB Benchmark?
Jan 01, 2014

Can't find it on MM Central. ...

Benchmark
May 19, 2015

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Benchmark today?  It worked fine yesterday but I'm getting errors today.  Thanks! ...

We Will All End Up Paying For Benchmark KB Etc!!!!
Mar 11, 2010

So we are all expecting to get the Benchmark KB etc etc....but did anyone but me notice that it says for 2010? I will bet that that means we will have it free for the remainder of 2010 and then have to pay something to keep it after 2010. ...

Benchmark ??? What A Joke
Apr 02, 2010

Okay this Benchmark is fine. but the time it takes to look things up, its time to move onto another report. I am not being paid enough to spend time looking through this. ...

Anyone Never Use Benchmark Or Job Lookup?
May 23, 2010

I just got an e-mail to remind me how to sign up for Benchmark and get "enabled" to do that DQM job lookup.  I read on this board that both are time consuming and basically worthless.  Is it mandatory to sign up to do all that junk? ...

Another Year Of Benchmark
Sep 19, 2011

Medquist is very close to signing up for yet another year of Benchmark.  So very few people use it and the corporate people are trying to find out why.  Seriously.  I wonder if they will listen this year when we tell them that we don't want it, don't use it and it is a colossal waste of money.  I already let my CCM know why I will never sign up for AHDI, I mean Benchmark.  Some of us old timers have a bad taste in our mouth over the lawsuit settlement and ...

Anybody Have The Link For Benchmark?
Apr 23, 2013

x ...

Any Benchmark Users?
May 19, 2013

I'm trying to get a new system set up on my new computer and was just curious about Benchmark.   Does anyone currently use it and, if so, do you find it a useful resource?  I hate to spend $200 on something that isn't actually helpful and a time-saver.  If you use it, can you share which features it offers that you find the most beneficial?  And, conversely, if it has any features you find not so helpful?  Do you consider it to have been a good investment? Th ...

Does Anyone Actually Use Benchmark? I've Never Found It Useful.
Jul 29, 2014

All The Sudden I Cant Get Into Benchmark
May 18, 2015

number and Medquist right? ...

Do I Have To Install Benchmark On My Computer?
Mar 28, 2010

I know we have to install and whatever, and there are all of these steps, and I really do not want anything else on this old MQ computer to slow it down more.  I am pretty content with the sites I go to and really don't want to learn another program.  Besides, I do think that they will start charging us after January and I certainly am not paying for something when I can get answers free.  This is just one more thing to do and we probably won't even make it through the y ...

Anyone Having Problems Logging Into Benchmark KB
Apr 03, 2010

It is telling me unathorized and use correct form.  Using ADP # and password Medquist, but not working.  I am able to log into Benchmark KB with my ID and password from the settlement, but there is no drug reference and stedmans on that one.  Please let me know if anyone can help.  Called tech support; of course, they have no idea what is going on.  ...

Tried To Log Into Benchmark, License Expired...
Apr 01, 2011

...anyone else?  Did I miss something here?  Just wondering.  ...

Anyone Know Where We Are Supposed To Get A Registration Code For Benchmark?
Apr 11, 2010

I'm trying to register but it asks for a "registration code" that has apparently been sent via email from "InterFix."  ????  I don't see any emails from InterFix. ...

Benchmark Is Useless. Also, Guess What Is Under MT News.
Jun 18, 2011

I'm trying to look up a doctor's name and enter the first 2 letters of the last name. Well, even the doctors I know are in that state, because they are at the hospital in that state, aren't on the list!! Under MT News - How to become a legal transcriptionist. Hmmm... maybe a hint???? Even MT News can't make medical transcription look good. ...

How And Where Do I Get KB Benchmark. Cannot Find Info On MM Central.
Jan 02, 2014

nm ...

Crud Totally Forgot How To Sign Into Benchmark
Apr 28, 2013

total brain fog,,,the joys of fibromyalgia..any help please? ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Medquist HR
Jan 20, 2010

I was wondering if someone can give me the email address of human resources.  I used to work for Medquist and I left due to not having any work about a year ago.  I am looking at contacting someone someone in HR to see if I could possibly work for them again if possible.  Thanks ...

Gee, Thanks Medquist For Getting Rid Of MT's.
Feb 28, 2010

Yes, I know, THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND ACCEPT CHANGE!  That is why I am getting out of this profession and going back to school. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-launches-ehr-integration-for-dictations-associated-with-template-based-clinical-documentation-85476462.html MEDQUIST HAS THEIR OWN EPIC SYSTEM COMING OUT.  GETS RID OF DICTATION. MedQuist Launches EHR Integration for Dictations Associated with Template-based Clinical Documentat ...

Who Is New To Medquist?
Mar 01, 2010

How long did it take you to get up and running with the Q?  Why are they hiring?  I have been asked twice to test with them, but I always see NJA on this board!  Do you have plenty of work since you started, and how long has that been?  I don't want to go through the testing and hiring process and then sit there with no work available. ...

Medquist Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

I work for Spheris but was bought out by Medquist and I was wondering if anyone knows their cpl on TR and SR.   I have 2-1/2 years experience with Spheris.  THANKS!  ...

For MedQuist ASR, How Do You
Dec 09, 2010

synchronize text with speech/speech with text? I tried ctrl+M and ctrl+shift+M and nothing happens. What trick am I missing? I am trying to put yellow highlight in sync with the where I am at in the text on very long report.  Thank you ...

New To Medquist
Jan 10, 2011

Hi.  I am new to MedQuist.  Can people out there who do not hate the company please tell me if they have had a good experience or not?  So far, I am worried that I will not be able to make decent money, but I am hoping that when my speed improves, that will not be the case.  I have many, many years of experience, so that is not the issue.  Sound quality seems to be a problem, and I am finding that editing takes an inordinate amount of time.  I am a fast typist, so I ...

Job Op With Medquist
Feb 13, 2011

I currently work for a company that pays pretty much the same as Medquist.  I hardly have to deal with ESL docs and if I work my butt off I can make some decent money.  I'm very reluctant to quit my current job and work for Medquist after reading some of these posts.  I have no idea what kind of account Medquist is going to assign me to which has me nervous.  Also I'm about to be a single mom and I'm very worried about making the wrong decision.  ...