A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Gave notice yesterday... - xxx

Posted: Aug 14, 2012

My employers response?  Crickets...nada...nothing.  Not even an acknowledgement that I was leaving.  Seems strange, don't you think?

You should send her an - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
automated email card. Something like frogs in tophats and canes singing something like "It's been nice to work for you, really much fun. But I gotta go now, gotta run." Wonder if that would get a response?

I did that once and didn't hear anything until - E

[ In Reply To ..]
Day 14 of my 2 week notice. They wanted to know what they could do to keep me. I had already accepted another job.

LOL - xxx

[ In Reply To ..]
The e-card sounds cool. Might have to try that. Can't imagine companies waiting until day 14 to discuss it.

I was fortunate enough to get a scholarship that will pay me a monthly stipend so I can go to school full time and not have to work so much. I am keeping an IC job, 12 hours per week, that I really like. This other one, though, has been pure slog, and the pay has been mediocre at best.

question for you - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Where did you find this scholorship that pays a monthly stipend? Please email me any info you have on this. I am so desperate to get out of MT and get back to school, I just cant afford to not work full time. :(
Please email me too!!! - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't afford to stop working full-time but so want out of this field. I can't even afford 1 year of school, have already lost my house.
please mail me also with the info - would really appeciate it.nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Same here. - Left them

[ In Reply To ..]
After 9 years, sent my resignation and never heard a word.

Similar Messages:

Exactly Why I Gave No Notice
Apr 25, 2010

I read the post below from the MDI/Transcend MT who is struggling with BeyondTXT.  When I was informed last week that this platform was going to be installed on my computer in a day or so and then training would take place for God knows how long, I  hung up during the conference call and immediately resigned.  I had started another job, which I was going to give a trial period before leaving Transcend, but I realized that taking the time and effort to learn this unfriendly user pl ...

Gave Notice To The Q
Dec 14, 2010

Hi all.  I've been doing medical transcription for over 20 years, and have been with the Q for almost 12 years (the first year in the office and at home, and then they sent us all home).  Been through all kinds of changes, from working in the local office and at home, to working at home, to being moved to the responsibility of another office, to that office closing down, then to working for a "virtual office" and finally a "service area."  I lost count of how many superv ...

Just Gave My Notice!
Aug 11, 2011

Just gave my notice! Working for the Q was just too stressful! Pay was crap, hours were crap.  I couldn't take it anymore! I went from an awesome job making about 25 bucks an hour with great hours to the Q? My other company closed down (it was local) thanks to EMR.  I must have been desperate.  Just accepted another job for better pay and better hours.. ...

I Just Gave 2 Weeks Notice. I Am Practically
Feb 22, 2010

giddy and dancing around the room.  At the last second I tried to cancel the e-mail, but it was too late.  Guess it was meant to be.  I have been with this company for 8 years, and they don't deserve me any longer.  ...

TTD Just Gave Us All The STOP On Working Until Further Notice. No Warning. No Nothing. Just Told
Aug 02, 2012

NM ...

I Turned In My Notice Yesterday
Feb 19, 2015

I just have to get through to next Friday.  I don't have anything I going to yet, but could not do this any longer as my blood pressure is extremely high.   I wish all of you who decide to stay in the torture chamber a while longer good luck.  ...

Was Let Go Because QA Gave Me 97%
Mar 29, 2010

I was let go from my full time job of 10 years.  I dont think I can collect unemployment if I have a part time typing job............ can I? ...

Gave Up Transcription
Jan 23, 2010

Had to give it up after almost 17 years.  My wrists are shot (CTS) (surgery failed to help) and have cervical radiculopathy (numbness and tingling in arms and hands constantly and shooting pains up forearms).  Went on Work comp then SSD.  Get out before you ruin your health.  It's not worth it. ...

What Companies Gave
Dec 17, 2013

nm ...

Got An E-mail From MQ Friend. She Gave Her
Aug 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust.  She said she didn't have anything lined up yet; just couldn't stand the stress any longer.  ...

Encore Gave Me Bad Paychecks
Aug 07, 2013

I thought I found a good company to work for until I got a two returned checks from them in the mail. The first time I thought mistakes can be made but AGAIN my check was returned. That really upsets me because I work hard for this company and they give me a bad check. There is no excuse for doing this to an employee. I have not been contacted about this check and I just quit because enough is enough. This is very dishonest and unprofessional to say the least. I have a family to take care ...

Just Gave Myself The Best MT Week Gift
May 23, 2014

I sent my resignation letter to my supervisor.  I am getting out before they completely destroy my self-esteem and physical health.  I've had enough.  ...

Pt With Bronchitis. Gave Her A Z-Pak To Cover For S/l Atypicals
Nov 16, 2009

:-) ...

...the Rescue Squad Gave The Patient (s/l) A-dem-a-see. SM
Dec 27, 2009

....an episode of supraventricular tachycardia.  The episode was a few hours in duration.  He developed chest pain and dizziness.  The electrocardiogram was caught by the rescue squad.  The heart rate was about 220.  I assume that the rescue squad gave the patient (s/l) a-dem-a-see.   ...

MD Just Gave Weight In Kilometers. Not Kidding.
Nov 24, 2010

Company Hiring For MT Inhouse Just Gave Me A Call
Sep 29, 2010

Paying 15.00 an hour.  It is temp to hire. Hours 8 am to 5 pm, Unfortunately, I already have an inhouse day shift job.  They asked if I knew anyone who would be interested.  Couldn't think of a soul. ...

I Wonder If I Can Give SoftScript The Same Excuse For Not Working That They Gave Me Sm
Feb 18, 2011

when there was no work ... how about, "it is too sunny  to work?"  LOL   They are still running the ad portraying outsourcing as evil.  You'd think they would know the difference between outsourcing and offshoring. A few more days and it will not be my issue anymore ........ ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

First Day On The Job Yesterday.....
Dec 01, 2010

and I made a whopping $7/hour.  They gave me a physician that, obviously, no one wants. Lots of work on the system from him.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I still have private clients and can make $7 in about 10 minutes.  It's infuriating, but I need the extra $$....if that's what you can call it.  I also got some crazy QA corrections.  One says one thing and another person says another.  Not sure what to do about that.  In my opinion, consistency within a c ...

Took CPC Yesterday.
Dec 30, 2012

I felt confident in myself when I walked into test. Felt prepared, however  I walked out feeling dejected and not sure if I even passed.  I seriously do not know how I did.  I did well on most sections, but I took the advice of other past testers... skipped over the more challenging scenario/questions (And I am glad I did, as I would not have answered the easier ones at the end of the test booklet had I spent time on the harder ones) My plan was to go ...

Yesterday Was My Last Day....
Aug 09, 2013

Yes, I gave a 2 week notice.  I didn't work a lot during those 2 weeks because my primary account was low, or out, of work and it just didn't feel right to take jobs away from someone else on my team. I have to say this......my team lead, my prior team lead, and their manager were very good to me.  I realize that they have higher managers too and they are required to follow the rules that are put upon them.  There lies the problem.  The higher ups.  I've ...

Anyone Else Not Get Paid Yesterday?
Nov 26, 2009

This is the 3rd time in 6 months that my check has been late..... ...

OT Was Offered Yesterday
May 18, 2010

x ...

Did Anyone Get Downtime For Yesterday?
Apr 01, 2011

Just curious if MQ is going to try to ignore yesterday's DocQscribe crash.  My CCM is on vacation so I just put an alert on my timecard.  The RTL told me that it was not an alert and deleted my note.  So downtime or not?  I guess I will just be short this week because I am not making up hours or taking PTO when their stupid system crashes and MQ refuses to own up to it.  Thats what they get for having us all upgrade at the same time.  ...

100% Editing Yesterday
Aug 17, 2011

Not one (1) typed report yesterday all day.  Then got an audit back with a low score, very, very picky.  A couple of careless things, my fault, trying to get in enough editing lines to make a living and rushing.  Guess I need to slow down even more....  Thinking about looking into a receptionist position at a doctor's office near me.  I figure with my age and number of years I have just been doing MT I might not be employable in the outside world, but will give it a ...

Again, DQS Sluggish Like Yesterday. (sm)
Jun 12, 2012

Yesterday, my downtime started with an ADT lookup for an attending when it said "database not available" and today, it's doing the same dang thing, just started about 3 minutes ago. Is this happening to anyone else? I hesitate to keep working because yesterday, I never got the job back that I was in the middle of when it crashed. Argh! ...

What I Heard Yesterday
Jan 22, 2015

When I started out MT years back I transcribed for the local hospital ER docs group. I loved it, but moved on when work dwindled down. A friend works for the group of hospitals in management so I asked who was doing the ER transcription now, I wanted to apply. I was told the hospitals in this area have started using scribes and are slowly doing away with MTs altogether. The exact same thing my new GP doc told me a year ago. Not sure how much longer we are going to be around people, be prepar ...

Gah! In The ER Yesterday Morning..
Jan 23, 2015

I was a patient in a local ER yesterday and had the nicest British physician.  I was directly across from central and was able to hear this physician dictate.  Clear, concise, perfect speed, a dream to transcribe.  The downside is the hospital uses Epic only - no editing by human hands (and ears) at all.  Why oh why can't us humans have dictators like this? ...

Again... OOW Due To OT Offered Yesterday
Jan 27, 2015

We were out of TAT once last week and since then if there are more than 2 (well maybe I am exaggerating here) jobs in the pools they open up OT.  Everyone needs to make money, so of course many of us come in and work.  Understandable.  But TSMs need to cut it off at some point so we don't wind up with nothing in the morning and slow, slow, slow to build up during the day once it is cleaned out at night.  They want you to come back in early afternoon and make up ...

Got My W2 Yesterday In The Mail
Jan 29, 2015

Filing this weekend.  Sure hope I get a nice refund.  Lord knows I could use it. ...