A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is Fluency a Word based program? - sm

Posted: Mar 07, 2014

Does anyone know if Fluency is a Word based program. Looking for another job and it seem they all want you to know Word, Excel, Access, etc. I don't know any of those programs but wondered if I could say I know Word based on using Fluency. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Fluency not Word based - Tried it

[ In Reply To ..]
Fluency is not Word based. You will have to re-create all your expanders from scratch. It also cannot spell, punctuate, or spell Texas. Think twice.

some of the key commands are the same - dont think youll have any trouble

[ In Reply To ..]
You can probably fake it with Word. Access and Excel not so much.

Not word based. It is a proprietary program. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I went from DoqQScribe to Word with no - problem

[ In Reply To ..]
You will probably be fine. Excel is a whole different animal.

Fluency - gltrgrami

[ In Reply To ..]
No, Fluency is not a Word-based program. I reminds me a lot of WordPerfect that I used many, many years ago. In my opinion, too many keyboard commands to remember.

Similar Messages:

Please! Document That Is Word Based?
May 13, 2013

We got notice that we cannot use a document that is word based with the platform we use. I hate to appear that I have no sense at all but I do not have a clue what is meant by document that is word based. Is that Facebook, Yahoo, Google? I need some assistance. Thanks so much! ...

Is Softscript Word-based
Jun 18, 2014

Straight typing in word-based platform? What is their line rate? Any info on this company appreciated. Looking for a major change, hopefully one for the better. ...

While Working In A MS Word-based System,
Oct 13, 2009

I keep getting an hourglass flashing every several seconds and it's driving me insane.  Sometimes I even have to type a word over again.  Any idea what this is???? ...

Shortcut For Windows On A Word-based Platform
Jan 30, 2012

I've used Shortcut for Windows for years always on a Word-based platform.  Now I am using it in SpeechMotion which is not Word based.  I need to know if there is anyway in Shortcut to set up a code to jump where I need to enter text.  I have normal templates in Shortcut and have used an * to indicate a jump-to field.  I had a macro in Word that let me jump to the *, but there is no way to set up a macro in SpeechMotion.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Being A Word Based Platform, Can't We Use Character Count
Jun 09, 2012

;) ...

Amphion's Triton Platform. Similar To Escription? Is It Word Based?
Jul 15, 2010

Does it have a built-in expander?  How many lph do you average?  Any info would be great? ...

Word Expander Program For WORD
Jan 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a word expander program that they have used.  I have been doing transcription work for a local doctor for a few years and finally have decided to purchase this as I use word expander in other work I do for a transcription company.  I do not want to spend a lot but want to be sure when I purchase something that is it the best out there.  Thanks!  ...

Why Do I Need A Word Expander Program
Aug 17, 2013

Why do I need a word expander program if the company I work for uses Word 2007 and I can use autocorrect options?    ...

Word Expander Program
Feb 28, 2014

This really is not a company question, but can anyone recommend a good Word Expander program that works with Word 2003?  thank you :) ...

Any Word On The Coding Program?
Feb 28, 2015

I asked the coding board and just got crickets.  I was hoping that they would do another round and I could give the test a try.  I heard from a coworker who heard from another coworker who heard from one of the coders in training that they recently dropped the program.  I'm not sure if I believe it or not as it would be all over this board I would think.   ...

Need A Word/line Count Program
Jul 14, 2010

Any help, advice, need a word/line count program. Free if possible until I get established with job. ...

Word Expander Program Messing Up.
Feb 10, 2011

I have Sylvan Software's Shortcut program, which I have had for 4 years now.  Lately, it has been screwing up on me.  When I do something like add a letter in editing, such as an a, it will put in an expansion as if I typed a two-letter abbreviation, like ua for urinalysis, or aa for aortic aneurysm.  Also, if I add a comma, it will throw in an expansion randomly, at least it seems random. Could it be that the program is old?  Can they get old?  This is a fairly ne ...

What Is A Good Word Expander Program? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Looking For A Good Word Expander Program
Sep 13, 2012

I'm looking for a good word expander program.  Any ideas/recommendations? ...

Medical Spellcheck Program For Word?
Jan 08, 2013

Hi all  Can someone recommend me a good program to get for microsoft word 2010 that will allow Word to check the spelling of medical words? Any help is appreciated, thanks ...

Recommend A Good Word Expander Program?
Jun 01, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good word expander program?  Preferably free or inexpensive?  Thanks! ...

Need Line Count Program Compatible W/ MS Word 2007
Jan 10, 2012

I am looking for a line counting program that counts gross lines.  I used to use Abacus, but it no longer functions properly, and it seems that the company is out of business.  Can anyone recommend?  Needs to be MS Word 2007 compatible.  Thanks! ...

Bulk Line Counting Program For Word Files With Protected Fields?
Apr 19, 2011

I am a medium sized MTSO looking for a bulk line counting program that will count Word files that contain protected fields. I have WordTraverse and love it but it will not count files with protected fields. I have also looked into Sylcount with no luck. I have to begin using files with protected fields to automatically upload into client EMR. ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

NC Based Companies.
Nov 11, 2011

I am looking for North Carolina based MTSOs.  I know about Fast Chart and Archivus. Just curious as to any more. Trying to make decision about whether to stay in this business or change and would like to work for a company based in my own state.  I am so tired of being 3 hours or more behind where I work and having to wait for answers, help etc from the MTSOs that are across the county or out of the country! ...

Where Is Nuance Based? Nm
Dec 01, 2013

Xx ...

U.S. Based Transcription
Jun 05, 2014

I'm really discouraged with the company I currently work for....so much of the work is being sent to India...Are there any good companies left where you can work, make a decent living, and not sit around your whole shift waiting for work to come trickling in?  If you know of any good companies that are currently hiring....please let me know!!   ...

Frustrated With The BOS 3rd Edition Being Web-based!
Dec 30, 2009

The pdf electronic version of BOS-2 was so handy and easy to use.  Wonder what made them decide to do away with that & make it to where you have to open a browser, find the link, sign in, find the BOS page, etc., for the 3rd edition.  It's so much more time-consuming, not to mention the search feature doesn't work nearly as well as the BOS-2 pdf version.  For the first time ever, I can't wait for the 4th edition because surely nobody likes this & they will g ...

Is Focus Infomatics Really US-based Now?
Jan 29, 2010

A former manager of mine from "brand X MTSO" (in reality, a very dear friend now) got thrown under the bus.  She knows how "QBay" does.  She is considering an MT or QA job for Focus Infomatics.  Focus claims to not offshore, and has offered my friend 8 cpl.  That sounds terribly lame wage wise for all that experience. When I couldn't drink the MQ Kool-Aid anymore, I was making a whopping 9 cpl.  Of course, try doing the math on that formula come payday.   Jus ...

Web-based Transcription Platform?
Nov 23, 2010

What exactly is someone referring to when they say "web-based transcription platform"? Are they referring to the program that the company uses to receive/pull/send audio files? ...

MD IN TOUCH Based In Florida
Jan 21, 2011

Does anyone have any info on MD In Touch based in Florida.  TIA ...

PAY BASED ON 50-CHARACTER LINE
Aug 04, 2011

I WAS OFFERED A POSITION AT A COMPANY I CANNOT NAME AT 0.076 CPL WITH A LINE BASED ON 50 CHARACTERS, ALL TYPING, NO VR.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD BE EQUAL TO ON A 65-CHARACTER LINE?  IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE PAY AS I HAVE NEVER USED A 50-CHARACTER LINE BEFORE? ...

Going Rate For Home-based MT
Sep 12, 2011

Anyone know the going rate for home-based MTs. Also, do any other than Webmedx provide a computer to use? ...