A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

due for number four chemo? Is number four right or should it be number-4 chemo? Also, - MTme

Posted: Aug 08, 2013

what's the rule for dates?  Should it be 05/25/2014 or May 25, 2014?  Thanks.

I think it would depend on the account specs. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

format - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
date format is ultimately account specs, but AHDI BOS prefers all numerals: 05/25/2014, 05/2014, 05/25.

As far as the word "number," in the example you've given, what the dictator is talking about is the patient's 4th treatment of chemo. If the pound sign (#) is allowed by your employer/clients, then I would transcribe it as "due for #4 chemo." If not, then "due for number 4 chemo." No hyphen.

AHDI BOS 3rd Ed. prefers numerals, i.e. "4" is prefered, rather than "four." Unless the number begins a sentence or there are different number values in a row, then all numbers are to be written as numerals.

Examples:
Three cysts were seen on x-ray of her liver.
X-ray showed 3 cysts in her liver.
X-ray showed three 2.0 cm cysts in her liver.

Apgars 8 at one minute and 9 at five minutes.

The wound was closed with three 4-0 Vicryl sutures.
The wound was closed with 3 sutures.

Similar Messages:

Pick A Report Number Any Number
Apr 29, 2015

doesn't matter to you, the MT will fix it. So what it takes MY time, so what it throws me off when I'm half way through the report and realize I may have it wrong and have to leave the screen, relisten to the beginning of the dictation, and change it..What do you care doc? you make a crap ton more money than I do, so obviously your time is more important.. ...

Number
Apr 13, 2011

How would you type this?  Dictator says WBC count 50,000 point 60 ...

NJA Ticket Number
Dec 02, 2009

Is anyone else having a problem with support getting a ticket number when out of work?  Four days running I have requested a ticket and its like pulling teeth to get one--didn't used to be like that.  Any thoughts. ...

Tylenol Number 3
Dec 11, 2009

Can someone please tell me how exactly this drug is typed out? #3, number 3, No. 3, etc? Or does it matter? thanks. ...

How Would You Write This Number?
Mar 11, 2010

The doctor is dictating a white count number  and he distinctly says "Thirty-eight thousand point 4."  (The patient has CLL).  How would you write this number?  My guess is 38,000.4 ...

Number 7.0 Thousand?
Apr 29, 2010

The doctor is dictating a number that he states as "7.0 thousand."  How would you type this?  My idea is that should be 7.0000.  ...

Set Number Of Reports
Jul 29, 2010

Something new I have noticed about several different companies is how they give you a set limit of reports when first starting out...Anyway, we are paid based on production.  How is someone supposed to live on say 10 reports a day for 2 weeks?  To me, I find that to be very insulting, and needing to pay my bills, it's just not something I could do.  It would be similar to someone who is being paid by the hour being limited to 3 hours a day in their first 2 weeks of their new ...

Can I Get A Ticket Number
Aug 03, 2010

I put in a PTO request a month ago for a single day this week and have yet to hear from my CCM.  I've e-mailed her a total of 3 times about this, but have not yet heard anything either in e-mail or on Schedule Source.  Maybe the technical staff could get hold of her, or maybe I'd get fired for using the new ticket system inappropriately? ...

800 Number For Dictation
Jun 13, 2011

Does anyone use a good 800 service for multiple dictators (5-10)?  Wading through the info on the web is really confusing so I figured I would go with a referral. TIA.     ...

If Someone Says That BMP Is Always A Single Number Value
May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong? ...

Last Day Together Into Webclock With New PIN Number
Dec 22, 2012

I still have not been able to get into the correct window to select my pin number. I called the solution center and he told me to call another department to help. Of course they aren't even open today. Is anyone else getting as desperate as me? ...

Anyone Kno Can You Sub Number List? How?
Feb 27, 2013

need to subindent in between numbers.  HOW ? anyone know? or can you do that? ...

Number For Payroll
Apr 15, 2013

I cannot find the phone number to payroll!! Cannot get my supervisor and I need a punch fixed on my time card. Anyone know the direct number???? ...

Shaw's Tip Number 1.
Aug 04, 2013

One of his tips was: Try something new - Exchange your foot pedal for a keyboard shortcut to toggle your audio! Hmmmm... I don't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the audio on and off. I only know/find the shortcuts for toggling speed and for toggling tone. I have checked F1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the audio on/off toggle keyboard shortcut is? I really doubt there is one. Double checking for confirmation. Thanks ...

Ca't Get In To Get A Ticket Number
Sep 04, 2013

Mine is still down and I can't even get in to get a ticket number. ...

Help Desk Number
Jan 15, 2014

Can someone please send me help desk number, my emails and intranet are not taking my passwords, I was hoping maybe i was let go, but I can get into Fluency darn it!   I had the number written down, but of course now I cannot find it.  Thanks for any help! ...

Number Rules
Mar 06, 2014

I don't know what the AAMT book of style does with regards to typing out numbers such as in this sentence:  I provided this patient and her 2 daughters with education regarding her diagnosis and treatment options.  Would you use numerals for "2" daughters in this case or would you type out "two"??? ...

NJA Remedy Number - Anyone Else?
Jul 05, 2014

I filed an NJA ticket last night, and a request number popped up, but an incident number has never come to my mailbox box and it is not showing up in my incident list at Remedy. Has this happened to anyone else? ...

Writing A Number
Sep 16, 2014

Okay doctor states "white count is 13.8 thousand"  Any input on how that should be written?  Looks so strange to me.  Thanks peeps :) ...

Wait...for QC, Is It Less Than 10% Of NUMBER Of
Dec 31, 2014

I sure hope it's the latter, but you never know with this nothing-makes-sense company. ...

Keystrokes HR Number
Feb 24, 2015

Can someone remind me of the number to Keystrokes HR? I have tried to find it online and can't. I am trying to access my old paystubs and forgot my log-in information! lol   TIA! ...

Number Of Jobs
May 25, 2015

3700 unassigned jobs globally 600 ILPs workers 350 US workers ...

Dr. Starts With A Number At The Beginning, Does This Look Right?
Nov 05, 2009

Sixty percent of the symptoms are on the right, relative to 40% on the left. ...

Number Sign And Listing In ASR
Jan 28, 2010

In ASR I was told that when there is a list (docs usually say "next number"...) and the machine puts the # sign, that the "system would automatically make a numerical list, converting the # sign to an actual number".: #.... #.... #... One one report I had a report that had #, about three or four of them and I sent it through.  I got negative feedback, because I had left the # in and didn't type out the number.  Yet on others, nothing ever came back!  Which is correct? & ...

Any One Know Number Of Blanks That Can Be Sent To Client
Mar 04, 2010

Have they given a number or will it just be a "gotcha - too many"??? ...

Another Job Ad With NO Company Name, Just A Phone Number
Mar 19, 2010

Another job ad with no company name.  They do not even bother to give ANY information, just a (cell phone in California) number to call for “Kaye”. Says “MTs” so sounds like she is looking for more than one Medical Transcriptionist to help her out.  Anyone call and get any more information?  I have limited minutes on my phone, and I do not want to call and let them have my phone number only to end up getting calls from schools or solicitors several times ...

SENTENCE BEGINS WITH NUMBER
Jun 24, 2010

So, we're not suppose to put a number (1, 2, 3,...) at the beginnng of a sentence.  How then, should I type out: (HEADINGS) ESTIMATED BLOOD LOSS:  300 cc. DRESSINGS: 4 x 8.      Help please!  Thanks!  ...

Mixed Number Vitals
Aug 04, 2010

I have a new doctor who gave his vital signs as follows: "90/72, 125, 18, 99.6, and 92%".  The first (bp) and last two (temp and pulse ox) are self explanatory.  I don't know what the 125 and 18 mean, though.  I'm sure this is one I'll kick myself over. Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Typing An Exponetial Number
Oct 14, 2010

How do I type an exponential number without using a superscript.   The dictator states " X number times ten to the third."   Thank you. ...

Starting A Sentence With A Number
Oct 19, 2011

If a sentence starts with "12 mm" and I cannot change anything around would I start with "Twelve mm" or should I spell out mm also? ...