A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am typing/editing reports - done minutes ago

Posted: Mar 17, 2015

We need mandatory overtime for this?

and all over the place - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed the same thing too and on lots of different accounts in our POD/BOB/whatever. Insanity!

Similar Messages:

So Is Their Rate 8 For Typing And 4 For Editing?
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

Does Oracle Use VR Editing Or Are They Straight Typing
Jun 02, 2013

Does Oracle use VR Editing or are they straight typing. Also, noticed Oracle lets you make your own schedule as an IC, any other companies that do the same? ...

InScribe - Straight Typing Versus Editing?
Sep 08, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for them.  Is it hard to pass their test.  I sent the application in, and it was a long process.  How long does it take to hear back on the test results.  Are they a good company to work for?  Pay (cpl)?  Straight typing versus editing? ...

Editing Reports (sm)
Sep 14, 2012

It seems to me since the red box has been taken away that the speech recognition engine has gotten worse...meaning that while I am editing, some words are just totally left blank on the screen.  Then there are some words and phrases that are not even close to what the speaker is saying.  I know speech rec was not that good anyway but it just seems to me that it has gotten worse in the past several weeks.   Anyone else notice this? ...

Do You Re-read Reports After Editing?
Dec 15, 2010

I edit the report and then re-read to proof it.  I don't find it redundant because I do find errors that I've missed.  I just wonder if I'm an exceptionally slow editor.  I was a fast transcriptionist, but this is a completely different job.  I use Shorthand as an expander, but my speed just doesn't increase much. I find I spend a tremendous amount of time on the demographics more than else (searching for the correct patient, etc.).  If the patient i ...

Rates For Editing Reports
Apr 26, 2011

Can anyone help me out with editing costs.  I want to know if anyone knows a rate to charge by the minute for voice dictation.  I am advertising for editing services and I want the voice dictations to come along with the reports.  But if you get a rotten dictation that takes up a lot of your time to listen to it, I don't want the cost per line charge.  What would be a competitive rate to charge per minute?  ...

Using Shorthand With Editing Reports
Nov 06, 2013

Does anyone know where to get a list of Shorthand macros that work with editing SR?  I used to have some, would really appreciate any help getting some together again.  TIA! ...

Providers Editing Their Own Reports
Jan 03, 2015

Providers editing their own reports, yea. Go back through and look at your old reports and see if the blanks are filled in. About 85% are not filled in. Many providers are salaried employees of the institution. When they stop seeing 1-2 patients per day to edit and/or type their reports, it will take awhile 2-3 years I suspect at the least, for the bean counters to figure out why their salaried employees are seeing fewer patients, generating less income. Then somebody will come up with the no ...

Editing Of Dragon Speak Reports
Apr 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of formula for pricing out the finall editing of a DragonSpeak report?  I am assuming that it would be much less than if it were priced for typing the entire file. thanks, bill ...

4 Days Now With 0 Straight Typing Reports.
Apr 29, 2015

I know around 90% or more of my accounts are SR, but to go 4 full days without one typing report is rather odd.   Feel like someone is picking them out.  Have heard QC are allowed to type and pick what they want.  If that is what is going on --- hope Karma bites you in the butt. ...

Anybody Else Get Emotional Typing Child Abuse Reports?
Aug 25, 2010

Or am I just not cut out for this job? ...

Advice For Increasing Productivity In VR Editing? I Have A Hard Time Matching What I Made Typing.
Mar 08, 2012

Thanks for sharing ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Anyone Editing VR At 800 Lph?
Feb 18, 2010

If you get 800 lph on VR, what platform to you use, what types of reports do you type?  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me About VR Editing
Feb 26, 2010

Can anyone tell me about VR editing, the pay seems quite low about 3 cpl.  How many lines can you do in an hour? I am a very fast typist, but unsure about VR and have a job interview for this.  Thanks for your help ...

Editing Pay
Jun 05, 2010

I understand that everything is going to the way of the editor and not typing, but when the editor keeps missing whole sentences or makes up words that sound nothing like the doctor is saying, how is one supposed to make any money?  I only get paid .04 per line to edit and I am spening more time trying to fix editing mistakes than I would if I just erase the text and type it out.  Very frustrating.  Thank God my husband has a good paying job, otherwise I would have to find another ...

Is All Editing With VR Really This Bad?
Oct 28, 2010

I work for a company that uses M*Modal for VR and all the reports have SO much editing.  There are complete words missing, words added that clearly aren't being dictated, at least 2 words on each line that have to be edited.  I'm doing so much more work for less pay than I was straight typing everything.  This is the only editing I've done so I don't know if this is normal for editing or if M*Modal just sucks!  My line counts suck, my pay sucks.  Any ...

RE TTS: I Have Seen Where They Pay 3 Cpl For Editing .... SM
Nov 08, 2010

and I know that they use Escription.  Does anybody know if they EVER will start someone out higher than 3 cpl?  I have 32 years of MT experience and about 3 years of editing experience.  Thanks for any comments. ...

Job Sent Without Editing
Feb 14, 2011

So, last week the system went down right as I was finishing up an extremely long job.  When it finally came back up, there was another glitch and before I could hit "recover", the job sent to the hospital as I originally got it with no editing whatsoever!  The hospital got in touch with Medquist EXTREMELY upset and in turn I got an e-mail wondering why that happened.  I feel like contacting this hospital myself and letting them know this THIS is what Medquist gives us to work ...

VR Editing Course?
Apr 15, 2012

Does anyone know of a good VR editing course?  I've been an MT for 26 years but it seems obvious that editing is in my near future.  Help! ...

Editing 4 Cpl
Feb 15, 2013

Is it even possible to make good money doing editing at 4 cpl?  How much could one expect to make per hour at such a low rate? ...

How To Do VR Editing
Apr 18, 2013

I'm a seasoned MT and would like to learn how to do VR editing.  Are there any companies that will hire and train?   ...

TTS - 3.3 Cpl For Editing?
Oct 17, 2013

Recruiter called me today.  3.3 cpl for editing? Next!!! ...

How Much Editing Is Really Being Done?
Nov 18, 2013

Obviously we know the whole 50% more productive thing was a lie, but has anyone ever done a study on how much editing needs to be done on average?  Just curious if any real numbers have ever been posted on this. ...

Will VR Never Need Editing?
Feb 17, 2014

Or will all editing be done in India in the future?  I see more and more MTs retiring early and/or finding work other than MT (Walmart, etc.) until they can retire.  What will happen when there are no more MTs?  Just a thought.  ...

Editing/VR
Feb 03, 2015

Just wondering if someone out there could explain to this transcriptionist who has never worked with VR how the line count is done? Getting ready to come to work for MModal in the near future and trying to figure everything out.  ...

EMR Editing
Mar 17, 2015

Any of you currently performing EMR editing?  What does it entail?  How's the pay and how does it compare to standard VR editing?  Thank you for your input. ...

Typing Without QA
Apr 06, 2010

You know, I think I am typing better and faster without the fear of QA hanging over me.  I never thought they were extremely helpful anyways.  Usually they couldn't fill in the blanks and just nit-picked the report like a pecking bird.  I have never had a report sent back from a client (knock on wood) because they were unhappy with anything.  I spent far more time trying to please QA than the hospitals and doctors (and have told my supervisor that more than once).  ...

Typing Into EMR
Mar 20, 2012

For those of you who are typing directly into EMR/EHRs, how are you accessing the voice files? Is it coming directly from the EMRs or do you have to grab them separately. I've been asked to type directly into an office's EMR and am curious how this is going to work. It sounds like some are charging per audio minute and others per hour. I'm trying to keep my job relevant and go with the flow. Thanks to all who post their situations. At least we can all pull together, learn and keep ...