A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

job sent without editing - shoot me now!

Posted: Feb 14, 2011

So, last week the system went down right as I was finishing up an extremely long job.  When it finally came back up, there was another glitch and before I could hit "recover", the job sent to the hospital as I originally got it with no editing whatsoever!  The hospital got in touch with Medquist EXTREMELY upset and in turn I got an e-mail wondering why that happened.  I feel like contacting this hospital myself and letting them know this THIS is what Medquist gives us to work with and thinks our work is only worth half of what they used to pay us to fix it!  It was a horrendous report.  Never would have happened if there was no such thing as ASR!

Should of sent email to CCM when this happened. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
c

sent without editing - shoot me now

[ In Reply To ..]
oh I did send her an e-mail which according to the regional team lead is what saved me. Believe me, I have it all documented.

Yah, as long as you send email when something happens - you are usually off the hook. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

What MQ should do - one hour window

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that MQ should allow 1 hour (even 15 minutes would be nice) to allow us to go back to a report we sent and correct any mistakes we realize after the fact. It has happened to me multiple times. They could make it 1 hour or TAT, whichever comes first.

Has happened to me, too. I email TL and she reassigns it to - me so I can make corrections. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Anyone Editing VR At 800 Lph?
Feb 18, 2010

If you get 800 lph on VR, what platform to you use, what types of reports do you type?  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me About VR Editing
Feb 26, 2010

Can anyone tell me about VR editing, the pay seems quite low about 3 cpl.  How many lines can you do in an hour? I am a very fast typist, but unsure about VR and have a job interview for this.  Thanks for your help ...

Editing Pay
Jun 05, 2010

I understand that everything is going to the way of the editor and not typing, but when the editor keeps missing whole sentences or makes up words that sound nothing like the doctor is saying, how is one supposed to make any money?  I only get paid .04 per line to edit and I am spening more time trying to fix editing mistakes than I would if I just erase the text and type it out.  Very frustrating.  Thank God my husband has a good paying job, otherwise I would have to find another ...

Is All Editing With VR Really This Bad?
Oct 28, 2010

I work for a company that uses M*Modal for VR and all the reports have SO much editing.  There are complete words missing, words added that clearly aren't being dictated, at least 2 words on each line that have to be edited.  I'm doing so much more work for less pay than I was straight typing everything.  This is the only editing I've done so I don't know if this is normal for editing or if M*Modal just sucks!  My line counts suck, my pay sucks.  Any ...

RE TTS: I Have Seen Where They Pay 3 Cpl For Editing .... SM
Nov 08, 2010

and I know that they use Escription.  Does anybody know if they EVER will start someone out higher than 3 cpl?  I have 32 years of MT experience and about 3 years of editing experience.  Thanks for any comments. ...

VR Editing Course?
Apr 15, 2012

Does anyone know of a good VR editing course?  I've been an MT for 26 years but it seems obvious that editing is in my near future.  Help! ...

Editing 4 Cpl
Feb 15, 2013

Is it even possible to make good money doing editing at 4 cpl?  How much could one expect to make per hour at such a low rate? ...

How To Do VR Editing
Apr 18, 2013

I'm a seasoned MT and would like to learn how to do VR editing.  Are there any companies that will hire and train?   ...

TTS - 3.3 Cpl For Editing?
Oct 17, 2013

Recruiter called me today.  3.3 cpl for editing? Next!!! ...

How Much Editing Is Really Being Done?
Nov 18, 2013

Obviously we know the whole 50% more productive thing was a lie, but has anyone ever done a study on how much editing needs to be done on average?  Just curious if any real numbers have ever been posted on this. ...

Will VR Never Need Editing?
Feb 17, 2014

Or will all editing be done in India in the future?  I see more and more MTs retiring early and/or finding work other than MT (Walmart, etc.) until they can retire.  What will happen when there are no more MTs?  Just a thought.  ...

Editing/VR
Feb 03, 2015

Just wondering if someone out there could explain to this transcriptionist who has never worked with VR how the line count is done? Getting ready to come to work for MModal in the near future and trying to figure everything out.  ...

EMR Editing
Mar 17, 2015

Any of you currently performing EMR editing?  What does it entail?  How's the pay and how does it compare to standard VR editing?  Thank you for your input. ...

Speech Editing.
Oct 15, 2009

My quality has gone down since the clinic that I work at started this.   We use Dictaphone Extext.  Anyway, I must be going too fast or something because I seem to miss things.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I have started reading over my reports myself now before sending them through and I asked my supe if they have improved.  She said yes, but I still am making mistakes and she will send me my reports back shortly.  The only thing else I know t ...

VR Editing With Escript
Nov 12, 2009

I am new to Escript, as well as VR editing.  I find it to be VERY time consuming and crappy pay at $0.04.  That being said, I am lucky to make $10 an hour, if that.  In addition, you have to be on your toes, as it seems like at least one word in a sentence is incorrect.   For example today, one report stated, "testis Cardiolite stress test."  On top of it, this was not an ESL dictator and he spoke very clearly.  It just seems like more work to have to ...

Any Companies Without VR Editing?
Nov 15, 2009

I have applied to multiple companies and taken multiple tests.  I have four job offers, which sounds great, but they are all mostly VR editing and I cannot stand it.  My hands feel lost without them typing :).  Any suggestions of any companies that do not have VR editing?  ...

Anyone Here Editing VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

And if so, how fast is it possible to get?  I'm struggling to get faster than 200 lines per hour.  I've only been editing for a couple of months, but I'm really wondering if it is possible to get much faster?  Advice please! ...

Focusing While Editing
May 05, 2010

I work with the eScription platform and I have no problem with editing - I really enjoy giving my fingers and wrists a break, but I have the worst time concentrating when I'm doing it, LOL.  I can fly through reports when I'm focused.  My line counts are great for an hour and then drop off...pick back up...then drop off again.  They would be consistent and really good if I could just keep my mind from wandering.  Any VR'ers have any tips and tricks for staying ...

Please Help, Question About Editing Sm
May 28, 2010

Can someone tell me if editing would be a pretty decent supplemental job?  I've never done editing and considering a position doing editing.  It sounds really good to me, not so much wear and tear on the hands and wrists.  What are good platforms?  What is an average cpl for the editing? Thanks for any info!!! ...

Transcend Editing
Aug 12, 2010

Everyone working on the BeyondTXT platform with Transcend just received an email from our editing trainer explaining to us how VR software only has to be 75% correct and we have to fix it to be perfect as if we were typing it.   She even specifies that if grammar is incorrect, sentences don't make sense, etc, we must fix it to quality standard.  While I agree with all that, what i don't agree with is the fact that they have put all of us (on Swedish at least) on all VR w ...

From Job Board: 3 Cpl As An IC To Do VR Editing??
Jan 31, 2011

That's equivalent to about 1 cpl as an employee w/ benes.  Is that a typo??  That's horrible! ...

Question Regarding Editing VR
Mar 14, 2011

When they say VR editing is 4 cents a line, do they mean payment just for the specific lines that are edited, or for the whole report?  For instance, if a report is 40 lines long, but 5 lines need to be changed, do you get paid for the entire report, or just those 5 lines? ...

Are They All Editing Positions?
Jul 30, 2011

Just wandering if there are any employee positions that aren't just editing out there.  I feel like I am not growing as an MT doing nothing but editing.  Unless I choose to just edit and accept this is the new norm at 3 cents a line, eventually getting my own voice recognition software for the future for any accounts I want to get on my own. Any thoughts? I am wandering if this is something  I just need to hop onboard for.  Editing for nationals doesn't pay anything ...

100% Editing Yesterday
Aug 17, 2011

Not one (1) typed report yesterday all day.  Then got an audit back with a low score, very, very picky.  A couple of careless things, my fault, trying to get in enough editing lines to make a living and rushing.  Guess I need to slow down even more....  Thinking about looking into a receptionist position at a doctor's office near me.  I figure with my age and number of years I have just been doing MT I might not be employable in the outside world, but will give it a ...

Looking To Get Out Of MT/editing...wondering Where To Go...
Dec 27, 2011

After 15 years in MT, I really don't see a bright future in it any more.  With VR, etc., I just don't see a way to make a living doing this anymore.  Wondering what kinds of other fields may be good to consider.  I know this is not the ideal time to be looking for a job.  Thinking of going to nursing school first to become an LPN.  Also have heard IT is a good field to train for, but then again have heard that a lot of IT jobs are going to India and Pakistan. ...

Pay For Editing Vs. Transcribing
Jan 27, 2012

Hey guys I was just mulling over the fact that editing accrues 1/2 that of transcribing, yet it tends to be as difficult if not moreso depending on the butchering job it does to the dictation (heavens forbid they have a thick accent. then it truly only stands in the way of progress...)... both I & my mother are MTs & just kind of wondering- does anyone else think this is fair? Is there literally anything fair about this? I mean, even the base rates for transcribing aren't mucho buen ...

WHAT IS QA NIT-PICKING & OVER-EDITING?
Mar 23, 2012

What is QA "nit-picking & over-editing?" Are the demands for perfection in what is now considered a low payscale & wage unrealistic and exploitive to workers? Looking for all feedback & thank you in advance for any input.   ...

Pricing Editing
Mar 26, 2012

I see how much these large MTSO's pay per line for VR editing(so insulting!).  I will be bidding for VR work for the first time.  As a small MTSO, I have know idea how much I should charge.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Transcription Editing
Apr 19, 2012

I have been a  remote IC for over 10 yrs and am looking for information about doing editing.  I would like to hear from someone who has been doing editing in regard to how much work there is out there and how much money is to be made and does it compare to straight typing. ...

Editing Test?
Apr 21, 2012

Is there such a thing as an "editing test" or simulation so I can gauge ahead of time whether or not I could make a living at it?  I've never done it before.  I was laid off from my last straight typing hospital job and rejected at the one local venue that did VR!  I have since made my living at EMR scribing but frankly, don't deal well with the public.  I would deal with VR in a heartbeat if I could make a living from it, but looks like all of it is Dickensian and ...