A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm not an MM employee, but wondering if any of you could do me a favor - and look something up.

Posted: Mar 17, 2013

It would also just be good info to have on the site in general.  

Which states have a work availability/NJA/OOW policy that pays up to 4 hours when no work available, besides California?  This is old info from November2012, so not sure if still applicable (or if it's even where the states are listed), but maybe found here?:

Log onto MM intranet and go to Departments, Human Resources, Policies, and in lower right-hand column there is a section for HR Policies for MTs. Look in there for Work Availability Policy.  (see link)

Thanks for any help.  I've been googling up a storm, but I'm not sure exactly what this policy is called and not finding if applicable to my state yet (probably not).

see message - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and the District of Columbia

California: The Employee shall be paid for half the usual or scheduled day̢۪s work, but in no event for less than two (2) hours nor more than four (4) hours

Massachusetts: If the Employee is scheduled to work three (3) hours or more the Employee shall be paid for at least three (3) hours of work.

New Jersey: Employee shall be paid for at least one (1) hour

New York: Employee must be paid for at least four (4) hours or the number of hours in the Employee̢۪s regularly scheduled shift whichever is less.

Rhode Island: If the Employee is furnished with less than three (3) hours work, the Employee shall be paid for at least three hours.

New Hampshire: If the Employee is scheduled to work, the Employee shall be paid no less than two (2) hours

District of Columbia – Employee must be paid for at least four (4) hours or the number of hours in the Employee’s regularly scheduled shift, whichever is less.

Thanks so much. Just as I thought, nothing for my state. Figures. - Thanks again (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wondering About Employee Vs. IC Status At TTS
Feb 12, 2015

Wondering about employee vs. IC status at TTS.  The whole time counting thing after 4 minutes sounds kind of strange to me.  Also, what is QA like there?  Do they nitpick everything?  I haven't heard from QA again since I was released from full QA with my current job.  Unfortunately, looking for a new job because of work dwindling down.  I am currently in school for something else, but need a job while I am in school.  Any info about TTS would be appreciated. ...

Maybe MQ Has Done Us All A Favor
Oct 03, 2011

It's obvious that their objective is to have total control of the industry and buy as many transcription companies as they can.  Just as the employees are not happy about the transition, neither are the hospitals.  Let's hope that they decide to bring back in-house transcriptionists.  I would love to see the day that MQ loses all of their good transcriptionists and begs them to come back.  I, for one, am on my way out and will never come back to this company ag ...

Do Yourselves A Favor
May 04, 2015

We all know MM doesn't give a rat's about the MT. I left a little over a week ago. I looked for a smaller company to work for and found it and couldn't be happier.  When I sent my resignation, it simply said as of this date, I am no longer an employee of the company. My HDSM had the nerve to say I am sorry to hear this, may I ask why (only a week earlier gave me grief about my inactive time, and when I explained about compressed disks in my back and numbness in one fin ...

Favor Please On Email
Jul 17, 2012

Can someone go into their email account and check the extention after your name and just paste it for me please..mine is wrong, apparently not getting all my messages..Mine was still as medquist.. dont feel like talking to tech support.. ...

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor
Dec 16, 2014

Good luck to all when lines are finally uploaded. I am nervous as heck. I have applied at several other places and tested for a couple. Hopefully I will be out of here soon! ...

Almost Every Paycheck I Get Is Wrong In The Owner's Favor
Apr 18, 2014

Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? Sometimes it's only a few dollars, other times it can be up to $20-30+ per pay period. Although I keep records of what I do, there is no real way to verify this with my employer. I have sent many emails asking for verification of my pay/production but never even get the courtesy of a response. I keep thinking that if she does this to all of  her employees, she must be making quite a bit of money just by skimming the paychecks of all her ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

"Favor Burst Disease"? Hodgkin Patient On ACVD.
Dec 04, 2012

.  ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

Wondering About Pay
Dec 14, 2009

I work as an MT in a very rural area, so the pay is VERY good for me.  We are a one income household since my husband got laid off and I easily pay the mortgage, car payments, all of the bills, etc.  I was wondering, if a person lives in a much more expensive area, like California where a person's mortgage would easily be four times mine, do they get more money per line to compensate for that, or is it the same? ...

Just Wondering???
Feb 22, 2010

Does anyone miss just typing/transcribing a report the old fashioned way?  Expansions are nice, I must admit, but ASR is boring.   Just wondering..... ...

Wondering Again
May 07, 2010

Why do companies not want to use mac computers? I have tested many times using word 2003 on my computer but they get scared or dont know what to do if I tell them I use a mac computer. ...

Okay I Am Wondering What Is Going On? Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I have gone from NJA most of the time to now doing late work and have been having more work the last few days.  How is this possible?  Did MTs quit?  I just don't get it.  I am not complaining mind you but just wondering---how strange! ...

Just Wondering...has Anyone Ever Actually Gotten
Jun 01, 2011

gotten their pay docked 3 cents a line for critical errors, over 5% QA submission, etc.  I haven't heard anyone actually say that happened to them.  Is it just a threat ?  I know they would LIKE to dock our pay.    The reason I ask is that I've been having a bad past few weeks.....extra difficult/bad sound quality reports plus stress along with that has caused me to have to sent more than 5% to QA plus I make two what they call critical errors (I saw them as ...

Just Wondering ...
Jul 09, 2011

Hope I've got this on the right board.  I'm to the point where I need to get a new chair.  My back hurts, my butt hurts, and ... well ... you get the idea.  just wondering if anyone can recommend a good, reasonably priced chair. ...

I Was Just Wondering...
Oct 13, 2011

how hard it would be to switch from doing medical transcription to legal transcription?  That might be a good way to transition out of MT for someone who wants to try something else and still work at home.  I know nothing about it and thought maybe some of you do??     ...

Just Wondering...
Jan 16, 2012

Just wondering...when is "any where" used vs "anywhere"?  Sentence is "fluid draining any where between...."  Which is correct? ...

I Was Wondering About Something.
Jan 25, 2012

As an in-house MT we were required to wear business casual clothing.  Another job required scrubs.  Now that I work from home, I wear pJs, sweats, jeans, shorts, whatever.   I noticed that when I am "dressed" (not in pj's or sweats) that I seem to be more productive and I was wondering if others have noticed the same thing.  Sometimes I wonder if the way we dress to transcribe affects our productivity as a professional employee.  You know when you dress up to go ou ...

Just Wondering---
Jan 28, 2012

Who are they going to blame once they switch over to the EMR and there are a million mistakes on the chart?  They won't have the MTs to blame any more, so I wonder, who will it be???  Maybe the "scribe" or the med student who has to follow the docs around because they will be too lazy to type a few things into the computer?  Just wondering----. ...

Just Wondering If Anyone Here Has A
May 04, 2012

from PAHCS? Just curious....Havent come across any mention of them on here. ...

I Am Just Wondering...
Dec 25, 2012

get any kind of card, greeting, token or whatever from their MTSO?  This is the first time in over 20 years of MT that I received nothing, not even a happy holidays pat on the back email from a supervisor.  Now don't get me wrong; I'm not a person who gets all sentimental over the holidays, but really, to work for one of the biggest companies in the world and not even get an e-card?  Maybe I am just being a silly old fool,  but this seems very omnious to me, like tr ...

Saw This Ad And Am Wondering...
Feb 21, 2013

It's 11:30 p.m., and I'm looking at this website and have not thoroughly read this forum, so please don't get angry at me.  I'm 59 this year and can hardly believe the course below would only take a month to complete.  I fully realize, of course, that in no way, shape or form would this make me a coder but might hopefully get me into a doctor's office (?), which I'm having no luck whatsoever despite sending resumes, since I've had no recent ...

Wondering About Something, With So Many Of Us
May 28, 2013

I wonder that most of us seem to be in the mid-40s and even later 50s or 60s that are sick of the MT garbage and want to get out by going back to school. Has anyone considered the fact of how old you/we will be when we graduate a program? Even a 1-year program likely will take 2 years to go through if somone has to work full-time to support themselves, even with loans to pay for school. What about the age discrimination I hear so much of and definitely see it in the real world? Does ...

Just Wondering How Many MTs....
Jul 12, 2013

...can hardly stand to listen to another syllable of these dictators (I think they're supposed to be professionals?) who can hardly put two words together? I had a resident dictate over 30 minutes of absolute garbage today and this was actually an extremely sick patient. This is why I go to the doctor visits with my family members these days. Family members absolutely have to stay on top of things because we could encounter one of these residents/fellows who, in all honesty, may have the be ...

Just Wondering . . .
Sep 10, 2013

Did TSMs and QCs get their PTO cut?  Did their wages go down? Worker bee's are becoming extinct. Ponder that one. ...

Just Wondering.....
Jul 16, 2014

I work in the West and my work has been low, so that every night I am working outside my BOB, and usually for East or South.  How is your work in these other regions? ...

Wondering
Mar 05, 2015

Okay, I have to wonder if it costs so much to train an MT for a company that they would not work with their MTs to keep them happy in the work types and specialties they do. Most times instead if you are not happy with your accounts, they just fire you. Doesn't anyone work with anyone so it benefits the MT and the company both? I find it so maddening that someone just hired can do this without even discussing it with the MT at all. Just fire them because they wanted to try another sp ...

Still Just Wondering - WHY All This OT/MOT? Just What's Going On? No
Apr 29, 2015

MTs (which is probably the case - who wants this job!).  Did they send work back from India, etc.?  ...

Just Wondering... Audits
Dec 02, 2009

Just wondering if a transcriptionist with too many years of experience to tell fails an audit, then how are these India MTs keeping their jobs.  Are they passing their audits?  I just have a hard time believing that they are.  ...

Wondering If Anyone Else Has This Observation...
Dec 29, 2009

Lately I have been setting a timer for an hour and have actually done this for a long time, just to see what I do in an hour... seems of late is getting harder to make more than 18.00 to 20.00 an hour... and I have 28 yrs experience... seems to me something has been set that makes it impossible to do any better, no matter the dictators, the difficulty of the dictation, etc, etc. etc... Anyone else seem to think something is up?  Not mentioning company... ...