A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do yourselves a favor - Got out and happy

Posted: May 04, 2015

We all know MM doesn't give a rat's about the MT. I left a little over a week ago. I looked for a smaller company to work for and found it and couldn't be happier. 

When I sent my resignation, it simply said as of this date, I am no longer an employee of the company. My HDSM had the nerve to say I am sorry to hear this, may I ask why (only a week earlier gave me grief about my inactive time, and when I explained about compressed disks in my back and numbness in one finger as a result that spreads to the hand being the need for inactive time and said I understand but you need to...).

I now have holidays off. I have the potential to make great money with straight typing, no VR, and no nitpicking we don't pay for headers. I have an awesome boss who, are you ready for this...cares about and values the MTs. The greed factor is not there. I don't have to deal with inactive time, a time clock, audit scores, line requirements and mandatory OT. I felt like I had left a cult, and am now being reprogrammed to behave like a human being.

I feel all your pain because I've been there, worked for this company for almost 2 decades, went through a number of HDSMs, had the pay cuts. MModal does suck the life right out of you, beats you down mentally, physically, and emotionally. You don't deserve that. It's a little frightening to make the leap of faith, but in the end worth it.

got out and happy - skylar

[ In Reply To ..]
Congrats! So happy for you! I'm working on the same, the wheels are turning! Again, congrats, and enjoy being appreciated! :)

May I ask why - They already know why

[ In Reply To ..]
They are just praying they don't get a mass exodus. They know the pay is stagnant, the demands are only increasing and it is only a matter of time before every employee reaches their limit.

Congrats on getting out. I am in school and working on my plan B. After the Mmodal school of coding turned into McDonald's Hamburger University I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands.

Congrats! - My plan B

[ In Reply To ..]
is retirement in 14 months. Good luck to all of us.

Retirement in 4 months for me - if not sooner

[ In Reply To ..]
May just tighten the old belt and quit any day now,,cannot stand this any longer

Yay!! - happy4u

[ In Reply To ..]
That is awesome!! May I ask what company this is? I feel I am about to lose my only source of income and need another company badly.

Tried to reply by email, but getting an error for some reason.

I sent you a message - Hope everything works out for you

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Me too? - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
I am scared to death to start with M*Modal next week - can you tell me who you work for now, too? revol@buggs.net Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all - You gave me the courage

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not a big one for change but coming on here and reading your posts gave me the courage to make the leap, I'm still over a decade away from retirement but knew I had to make a change. I used to love being an MT, MModal stomped all over that, and made me dread having to work each day.

Good luck and happiness wishes! - TXMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you find your new job more relaxing! I could take early retirement in a few months, but I'd like to wait a few years. So I do what I can and don't let stress get to me. I've been on PM in the past (4 weeks) and I don't always meet their expected audits because I might have 1 that is a 99 and only have 2 more reports audited the rest of the month that are 100, so no way to get 99.65 out of that. I just say whatever and put in my expected time and at the end of the month I say, "One month closer to out of here!" Lol

Stay strong! - Pulling for all of you!

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, with the exception of my first day learning a new format, getting accustomed to everything, my new job is polar opposite of MModal. There is no micromanaging, no MOT, my boss doesn't contact you when you aren't scheduled, no PM and no threats.

MModal knows for all the blustering, they can't afford to fire MTs, my former HDSM said she was short handed. By the same token, they constantly shoot themselves in the foot because of their greed. I'm curious to see where MModal is in a few years as they keep pushing out the stateside quality MTs and are churning out reports that are subpar.

I wish you the best!

how about patient first transcription? - Joyce

[ In Reply To ..]
How about patientfirst? any opinion on that company?

Glassdoor is the best place to check a company - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never heard of that company.

Similar Messages:

Maybe MQ Has Done Us All A Favor
Oct 03, 2011

It's obvious that their objective is to have total control of the industry and buy as many transcription companies as they can.  Just as the employees are not happy about the transition, neither are the hospitals.  Let's hope that they decide to bring back in-house transcriptionists.  I would love to see the day that MQ loses all of their good transcriptionists and begs them to come back.  I, for one, am on my way out and will never come back to this company ag ...

Favor Please On Email
Jul 17, 2012

Can someone go into their email account and check the extention after your name and just paste it for me please..mine is wrong, apparently not getting all my messages..Mine was still as medquist.. dont feel like talking to tech support.. ...

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor
Dec 16, 2014

Good luck to all when lines are finally uploaded. I am nervous as heck. I have applied at several other places and tested for a couple. Hopefully I will be out of here soon! ...

I'm Not An MM Employee, But Wondering If Any Of You Could Do Me A Favor
Mar 17, 2013

It would also just be good info to have on the site in general.   Which states have a work availability/NJA/OOW policy that pays up to 4 hours when no work available, besides California?  This is old info from November2012, so not sure if still applicable (or if it's even where the states are listed), but maybe found here?: Log onto MM intranet and go to Departments, Human Resources, Policies, and in lower right-hand column there is a section for HR Policies for MTs. Look i ...

Almost Every Paycheck I Get Is Wrong In The Owner's Favor
Apr 18, 2014

Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? Sometimes it's only a few dollars, other times it can be up to $20-30+ per pay period. Although I keep records of what I do, there is no real way to verify this with my employer. I have sent many emails asking for verification of my pay/production but never even get the courtesy of a response. I keep thinking that if she does this to all of  her employees, she must be making quite a bit of money just by skimming the paychecks of all her ...

"Favor Burst Disease"? Hodgkin Patient On ACVD.
Dec 04, 2012

.  ...