A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

First Time Right - MMEs will be docked if over 10%, then 5% later? - Confused

Posted: Mar 03, 2010

Really, there are a lot of times where something is just not interpretable, no sound, etc.  That will be kind of nice that we don't have to send reports to QA for those types of things.  That would be most of why I usually have to leave a QA marker.  So really, when I think about it, it may not be as bad as everyone is thinking.  (Trying to look at the bright side :-) Has anyone heard if MMEs will be docked if over 10%, then 5% later, of their reports are sent through to the client with QA markers unable to be filled?

well that makes perfect sence - wt?

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, they should be docked...

If I cant hear something and I am forced to send it to the MME to hear at a reduced rate, the MME should also be at a reduced rate if they cannot hear it, otherwise it would be discrimination my friend!

Maybe there is a bright side to all of this!

How can I get docked for not hearing something but someone else wont get docked for not hearing that same thing???

GO Q!!!!

As an MME I only get 3 cents a line. So you would begrudge me - my entire pay. Gee thanks.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not corporate. I am an MT now who got permission to listen to other MTs blanks. That's all. I don't get anything else. I make less per line than any MT does. Even for my ASR and straight transcription.

But if that is the heart you have, then I feel sorry for you.

hey... its not my heart, its MQs heart - wt?

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for the goose is all I am saying.

I did not make up this stupid rule and NO, I DONT THINK ANY OF US SHOULD TAKE A CUT IN PAY FOR A BLANK!!!

That being said... How is it fair that I have to take a pay cut on that blank and you dont????

I said DISCRIMINATION!
So fine, take my whole pay. Great. - WHATTA GAL.
[ In Reply To ..]
NONE of us should have pay taken away that WE ALREADY EARNED.

YOU ARE SOUNDING JUST LIKE CORPORATE, SO DON'T COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM.

Instead of saying it is WRONG what they are doing to ALL OF US, you chose to kick another employee.

I DON'T MAKE WHAT YOU MAKE.

So you would be okay with taking my entire pay because the dictator/audio was bad?

JUST KEEP SPREADING THE LOVE!

I can't wait until my two week notice is up.

I hope you get all the Karma that you have coming to you. I really do.

omg... - wt?
[ In Reply To ..]
I DO NOT SOUND LIKE CORPORATE!
I am not saying to kick you either.

And you wished bad Karma on me? What is the matter with you? I did not say you deserved a pay cut, just like I feel that I do not deserve a pay cut! All I said was that it is unfair to lessen my pay for a blank that cannot be filled in, and not lessen the pay of the MME (higher skilled) to not fill it in.

How on earth, by the way, do you know what I make? I have never posted what I make! I have a very hard time believing that I make more than you, but whatever.

And, NO, I am not okay with taking your entire pay because the audio is bad, that would go right to the client (according to the e-mail), but if the dictator is bad, you feel it is okay that my pay gets cut and not yours?

What kind of karma is that?

UGH... I give up on you.
Oh, you make 3 cents a line too. Sorry, my bad. - Thought you made more.
[ In Reply To ..]
But you are still wanting my entire salary.

You are still sounding like corporate. I am SOOOO done with you.

I will let karma GET YA!

Do you really get paid less for MT and ME - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
work? How can they do that? But, the fact that you are an MME, doesn't that mean that you don't have a QA submission rate? You can send it to the client with blanks because your are MME, so this wouldn't even apply to you, right?
We still get AUDITED. That is where they yank us around. - I am on a verbal notice right now.
[ In Reply To ..]
For putting one less word that I should be under my skip markers.

And for expanding words in the PMH on a nonverbal client.

They were marked as critical errors because the idiotic QA that checks our work couldn't find ANYTHING ELSE.

So, yes, the AUDITS can be manipulated however they see fit. I am living proof of that.

SOOOOOO. YES, we bend over and get the GOLDEN MQ SHAFT too. MMEs are not exempt in any way to the bull crap. In fact, we get more because more is expect of us. Even if there is just static, we have to tell them why we couldn't hear any words, either.

I make less than a lot of people on here. Reading the salaries posted makes me sick.

I have been with MQ for two decades and I make less than most people posting their salaries on here.

That is why I am G-O-N-E soon. I have had enough of this fun. I am done.
Wouldnt you like to be alone in a room with one of - those QA-monkeys for just 5 minutes?
[ In Reply To ..]
I know I would.....

You are kidding me, right. Do you really think this - will not affect your pay.

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are sending multiple blanks to the clients consistently -- you will be caught in an audit eventually.

Corporate has not even outlined yet HOW MANY blanks we are allowed to send on to the clients in a pay period or week or day. It has not been specified. I am sure there will be a limit to how many you can push through straight to the client. There will have to be a limit, especially if they are afraid of how much is going to QA, why would they then tolerate blanks going consistently to the client under the radar.

They will get you either by QA submission rate or by an eventual AUDIT where you WILL be questioned about WHY you are sending blanks to the clients. You better believe it.

Unless you are THAT GOOD even with POOR AUDIO and LOUSY DICTATORS that you RARELY have a blank, maybe once a week or two or so. But if that is true, then I want to work for whatever client you have. It must be wonderful.

They are wedging us between a rock and a hard place, then for good measure instilling the FEAR of HIPAA at us.

One way or another, they will get to you.

I agree. In some ways, it is like somebody finally "gets it." Most blanks are DICTATOR EFF - jibberjabber

[ In Reply To ..]
And since we are being held to as few blanks as possible and doing the best job we can to do their reports faster for less money, they need to quit wasting our time. QA is supposed to be for teaching, not just second shot listen to decipher incomprehensible time-wasting jibberish from some inconsiderate, sloppy mushmouth or someone who needs an English translator. We aren't lazy, we do our best. Takes two to tango, etc. If we can't understand them, THEY NEED TO CHANGE.

And I'm not a cheerleader either. I have had my (justified!) rants. For instance, long-time QA people have been given the short end of the stick with the change to MME and now probably drastic reduction in QA work except for doing 100% ILP, which is an unfair nightmare at 0.03 cents a line. No, MME not docked for not filling blanks.

I am Ex-CTL, MME. I haven't posted here much. I answer questions on another word board sometimes.

Who will be the judge on dict eff - oops

[ In Reply To ..]
This is crucial. Who will decide if the jobs we are sending straight to client w/ QA markers are okay? Too gray an area and I don't trust it. When is the last time any change around here has been positive for us?

Trust me. This will be used against us.

confused - yukkers

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know what all the fuss is about. If you do your job well, right the first time, you've got no worries. I don't foresee that this will be interfering with me whatsoever!

If you want to survive in this business (and I assume that most posters do as they continue to work in this industry) then you have to go with the flow.

If this process eliminates weak transcriptionists, then so be it.

GO WITH THE FLOW! - I SMELL A SUIT!

[ In Reply To ..]
This was a good industry. NOT ANYMORE.

By the way, I do my job very well, very low QA submission rate, and deserve a raise, but guess what? Cannot because I have been at it for 30 years.

I am outta here. Moving on to better things. MQ will be using their EPIC system soon and will get rid of us all!

Right the first time. No problem. - Dictator needs to get it right the first time.

[ In Reply To ..]
Some are mumbo jumbo. AND YOU DEDUCT MY PAY?

SO WHY DON'T YOU GET THE DICTATORS TO DICTATE CORRECTLY AND DEDUCT FROM THEM OR MAKE THEM LOWER THE FINES.

MQ is next to file bankruptcy.

You remind of that guy who teaches ASR. - This process does not eliminate weakness.

[ In Reply To ..]
It makes the good ones quit or leave the field. YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH THE WEAK TRANSCRIPTIONISTS.

Similar Messages:

Docked For Too Much QA
Jun 29, 2012

Does anyone know if it is an industry standard to begin penalizing an MT as soon as he/she comes off full QA on a new account for access QA submissions?  The "First Time Right" policy is very unclear about when the dock in pay is supposed to start. When an MT starts a new platform AND a new account AND Speech Rec on that new platform all at once, isn't there usually a grace period of some kind? ...

How Do You Know If Your Pay Is Being Docked For
May 12, 2015

x ...

How Are We Supposed To Know When We Are Docked?
Mar 02, 2010

Bad enough that they pay us less for ASR and now we may be getting paid less for sending through QA markers - how are we supposed to know when we are getting paid less and how can they pay us so many different rates?  There is so much room for error and we will never know when we are getting ripped off!  This whole thing sounds underhanded!  ...

Getting Docked For Sending Work To QA :(
May 31, 2010

Why should we be docked for sending work to QA especially when there is an issue with poor audio quality, having a job that is incomplete or simply not being able to find the correct address even after we have spent time doing the propper research. This is as ludicrous as it would be if the phone company decided to charge us extra to call 911. ...

For Those Of You Who Are Having Your Pay Docked For Poor Performance
Jan 17, 2015

Here is a link you may be interested in. http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/10/29/8-workplace-rights-your-employer-might-not-tell-you-about ...

Well, It's Real Now. 3 Cents Docked On Reports Sent To QA For 4 New
Mar 08, 2012

I just cannot do this.   I lose pay because I read specs and utilize QA trying to do a good job for the client. I sure hope some job offers come through soon.  Just don't know how long mentally I can work for this company.  It is as horrible a place as I had heard. You have to go to Utilipro and pay details to see your actual line rate.  If you have MTQA or SRQA showing on your pay stub itself as a category, welcome to M*Modal. You just lost some ...

MMEs
Nov 22, 2009

So a girl I worked with at a local hospital here now works for MQ, and I found out she is an MME, so I ask her, what exactly is an MME, she says she gets what we send to QA, corrects it, and types.  So....basically they are just QA people? But, don't QA people type too?   I just don't understand this MME position.  Any MMEs here that can tell me what an MME is (and I know it stands for Master Medical Editor, for the smarties)?  ...

Are There ANY Former MTs Who Are Now MMEs
Jan 09, 2010

who make about the same as an MME as they did as an MT?  Also, are they asking Tier 2 to become MMEs now?  I thought you had to be a Tier 3 first THEN MME?      ...

Any MMEs Here?
Oct 28, 2010

Just wondered if any MMEs watch this board that have an interest in advancing their careers to a QC.  Other than notifying your CCM and watching the openings, any advise on other steps to take? ...

To Those MT/MEs Who Became MMEs
Jan 13, 2011

Just got a request to test for the MME position.  I'm tier 3, 99% accuracy, and I've been here for 7 years, but I didn't take the test when they first offered it because I knew that my pay would take a nosedive.  I have a feeling they will be getting rid of all the regular MT/MEs shortly and keep only MMEs on board, but if the pay is actually worse, then it may be better to be given the boot.  I was told by CCM that it is mostly transcription work and not so mu ...

MQ MTs/MMEs
Dec 01, 2011

You should all go read the Offshore Concerns board about Indian Pay... UGH. ...

To Other MMEs (or Anybody Else Who May Know)
May 22, 2012

This is just purely out of curiosity, but have you noticed that a lot of the ILP's names have Shaster in them.  What does Shaster mean?  Is it some formal name thing going on? ...

To All The MMEs Out There,
Jun 19, 2012

ever read any feedback?  I don't.  So frustrating. ...

To Any MMEs
Jul 27, 2013

I've been getting a lot of reports from the ILP with "full review" or something similar in the QA note, but the report itself is not flagged for 100% proof.  After a couple weeks of doing full review at less pay, I've decided to just delete their request and fill in the blanks.  I figure if they want their reports fully reviewed, they can request their manager to put them back on 100% because I'm a bit fed up with wasting my time and money on making these ILPs look prett ...

Hey MMEs
Mar 06, 2014

When you get one of those jobs with 40 blanks in it, what is your favorite expression? Try to keep it clean! Mine is the name of a certain religious figure. ...

Question For MMEs:
Oct 17, 2009

No offense, but can I ask you all something?  Since you guys say you are making much less than you did as QA, WHY are you wasting your valuable time correcting insignificant things (not to mention sometimes even things that oppose the CP), or things that are preference calls?  Doesn't make any sense at all.  Just saying ...

Question For The MMEs
Oct 19, 2009

How much straight transcribing do you do, versus editing MTs and MEs? TIA ...

HELP Need Feedback From MMEs
Jan 21, 2010

I would like to know how much of your day is spent full listening to either ILP or MTs placed on 100%.  If it is 75% or more how do you survive? Do you have any tips on how to get through them faster? I must be doing something wrong.  Thanks. ...

MMEs Scare Me Sometimes
Feb 03, 2010

What's with checking the whole report when there's 1 flag in it?  Sometimes I'll leave 1 or 2 flags in a long report, and when I check my feedback I'll have 3 or 4 minor feedback, really little things that definitely do not impact the meaning of the report.  Scares me, feels like I'm being picked on.  Sometimes it's hard not to turn into a raging paranoiac around here.  I HATE leaving flags. ...

MMEs In All Regions Mainly Doing MT And
Apr 06, 2010

NM   ...

MMEs On Indian MTs
May 04, 2010

Are any other MMEs out there coming across Indian MTs who conveniently leave out portions of dictation, because they don't understand it?  I'm finding words or phrases left out that are completely clear, but a lot of the time is American slang.  Other times, it seems that they make up phrases to fit dictation they don't understand.  Anyone else? ...

MMEs: Do You Do Much MT Or ASR Work?
Oct 27, 2010

Considering applying to go back to being an MME part-time.  I mostly had QA work when I was an MME, but curious if that's the norm or not. ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

Question To Other MMEs
Jun 03, 2012

If you see significant errors in a report of an MT/ME, do you let the QC know?  They were taken off 100% QA so that means the MT must have passed her audits, right?  I just feel like I'm tattling or picking on the MT and I just want to know what other MMEs typically do.  Whether to repot to QC or just leave feedback (which is probably not checked anyway) and move on.  ...

Zowie! Some Of These MMEs
Apr 09, 2013

with their snippy, bossy notes.  La-di-da!!! Whatever! ...

To MMEs - What % Of Your Work Is QA?
May 07, 2013

Trying to get some idea of whether I am getting higher percentage of QA work than other MMEs (due to the hours I work).  Been trying for months to figure out why I am under constant threat of losing my job for LPH below minimum, when my calculations (total lines produced divided by production time in Teamwork) always show well above minimum.  It was finally disclosed to me yesterday that 1 QA line is only counted as 0.43 of a line!!!! ...

Dear MMEs
Aug 12, 2013

This is to those nitpicky comma MMEs, so if you aren't one of the offenders, you can ignore this.  Seriously, leaving a feedback marker for every single comma that should or should not be there in your opinion is wasting everybody's time and is making MT/MEs fear sending any sort of blanks and may make some of them guess for those accounts where blanks are sent automatically, compromising patient care, just so it doesn't get sent to you.  You really should take your QA t ...

Switch From MTs To MMEs Has Started
Nov 10, 2009

Well folks, email today regarding yet another MQ program- Account Trustee- those of us with good quality scores have the HONOR of sending reports directly through to the client with 2 blanks or less, thus bypassing QA.  Instead of addressing the issue WHY QA is so backlogged (could it be because so many QA were underpaid and have left) this is the new decision.  ...

Are There Any Tier 3 MTs Anymore? Are They All MMEs? N/m
Nov 10, 2009

z ...

Are There Any MMEs Making Money?
Dec 15, 2009

Seriously inquiring as to whether or not there are MMEs out there making what they made when they were just QA.  If so, do you have full listen reports for more than half your day? If so, do you have any helpful hints?  MT/MEs are moving into the MME positions and I feel so bad that they have no idea what they are getting themselves into.  Hope you all make more than me.  As of the new year I will be looking for different employment.  So sad 20 years later and I'm n ...