A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well, it's real now. 3 cents docked on reports sent to QA for 4 new - accounts on this paycheck.. Ex-DSGer

Posted: Mar 08, 2012

I just cannot do this.   I lose pay because I read specs and utilize QA trying to do a good job for the client.

I sure hope some job offers come through soon.  Just don't know how long mentally I can work for this company.  It is as horrible a place as I had heard.

You have to go to Utilipro and pay details to see your actual line rate.  If you have MTQA or SRQA showing on your pay stub itself as a category, welcome to M*Modal. You just lost some more money.

Refer to the client specs and type the report. - obviously QA is not a "training too"

[ In Reply To ..]
at least not at MQ anyway. I thought everyone got a 30-day learning curve? I came over from a hospital that was outsourced so I haven't had many problems some new accts and new docs to learn, yes but also been transcribing for a number of years doing acute care.

I only send to QA if I see it absolutely necessary so dont have a problem with hitting the 5% mark. If its not the hospital I use to work for, I refer to client specifics, type the report and send it on its way.

I have a rule of thumb though, if I got more than two blanks, I take the time to research and fill them in, if I cant get them, then I send them to QA. Most of the time I am able to get them myself once I go back and relisten or do a little research.

I hope it gets better for you whether you decide to stay or go, good luck.

mean to say "training tool" - sorry.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I did/do not use it as a training tool! QA did not get most of my blanks either. - I happen to be an MT that cares (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
about stuff like the spelling of names, cities.

Try getting about 15 accounts dumped on you all at once and see how it goes. (yes that is what happened to us.)

I used to care even about the two blanks but obviously I can't do that anymore like you don't.

We had conflicting specs too.

Not upset with your or your comment .. I'm getting to where you are. Basically don't give a rat's patootie and just slap the work through.

Peace to all.

Hey I dont kick out garbage and not suggesting you do that eithier. - That is not at all what I was trying to say.

[ In Reply To ..]
Where I use to work the rule was only 2 blanks were allowed, so I kept that rule. Believe me, I will try to get the 2 blanks but if I sent every report to QA that 1 or 2 blanks, in my opinion that would be a waste especially in some cases where YOU KNOW that they wont get it either.

I do happen to care about my work and have never had a complaint from a customer and believe me, the team I work on gets many, but none of them have been for me.

So I resent the fact that you would hint around to me not caring about my work. I was only trying to help you, not piss you off.
Forgive me - I am just upset. I too do acute care, hard accounts, no complaints, good volume.. - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
and so far that is just not happening for me here. If I had even 3-4 accounts regularly, it would be fine. It is just we rarely get 2 jobs from the same acccount in a row. When you come from stable accounts that you have done for a long time, it's a lot to process and adapt too.

I probably should have waited a bit to respond, and I'm sorry for sounding nasty. That is not me. I don't know you or your work, but in my mood, it came across as just do it and get it sent back.

Our transition has been horrible. I don't know of anyone that is doing really well.

I do appreciate your time to respond, and am glad you are making it work for you.

Thank you I appreciate that. I understand it is quite a transition - try coming from a hospital making $21 an hour to c
[ In Reply To ..]
Thats huge transition as well. I worked for that hopsital 11 years typing the same doctors new a lot of them like the back of my hand. Not only were we paid hourly but we made incentive just for making quota every pay period. And we all worked from home.

So this has been quite a transition for me as well and I am no stranger to audits we had them every three months at the hospital I worked for and sometimes randomly, never failed one and never failed for M-Modal. So apparently I do a good job. I would be scared to send anything out there to the customer for the sake a good line count. So of course that is not what I was suggesting.

Im just saying QA is gonna do the same thing you do, listen to the report, fill in the blanks. Just refer to the client specifics and do type and send it on unless you have lots of blanks.

And not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything and again, I understand, I too went through the same thing and lost a lot of money. I have never worked in the industry before and by that I mean a company.
I have been doing this for a few years with MQ/MM - elite bouncer
[ In Reply To ..]
It is nearly impossible to make any money. I have a tip for you, however. I have a Rolodex (larger size) and I made shortcuts for myself off the client profiles and then just flip to the right client, and can see it without flipping back and forth to the client profile.

The rolodex cards look similar to this:

Facility Name

Pt name: yes/no
Format: AAMT (or JACHO)
PE: Paragraph/Cap head.
ROS: Paragraph/mixed
Allergies: CAP
CCs: As requested

Specials: Sincerely on letters
Add Headings even if not dictated

Good tip.. I will try it. Thank you ! - No Message
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Better tip - how about
[ In Reply To ..]
telling you CCM that you need a primary and a few secondaries and do not want to be bounced around like a ball.
We all have many, many times. Apparently MM set up our pools . - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
and our CCMs, who came from DSG with us, have not been allowed to do whatever is needed to get them changed.

Do you have a primary at all? or are you just - routed work from 15 accts?
[ In Reply To ..]
I have 3 primaries, but I get work sometimes from other accounts on my team too, not all the time.

I think it depends on which accounts need the most work that day, teir levels etc. i.e. if you are tier 3 and there are op notes going out of TAT for another account on your team, then you may end up getting those reports if your account only has ERs, Cardiology, wound healing etc.

There are a lot of variables. But again the work is set up to be routed to you is what determines how many different accounts you will get.
They NEED TO CHANGE the way work is routed. - Its computer generated.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
We supposedly have "groups" of accounts ... - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
Problem is some of them are small accounts, so a lot of us are constantly pulling from all of the accounts, including our "helper accounts."

I would love 3 primaries; that would not be a problem. I really am past the complaining, just trying to get through each day while I look. It was just a kick in the stomach to see that 3 cent deduction for work I tried my best on.

What frustrates me is I KNOW it should not be that difficult for MM to fix this for us. Right now it just feels like they don't care.
not just you DSG folks; have read may complaints - about this very thing.
[ In Reply To ..]
Seem to be the nature of this company. Every group/team/region or whatever as a set amount of accounts and the MTs are routed to recieve work from all of them, at least thats the way it seems.

There are somedays I may only see work from like 5 of them, never have recieved work from all of them though and I know there is like 16 to 18 of them.
Hopefully ours will settle down to that. It seems a tad - better the last day or two.
[ In Reply To ..]
but I am not holding my breath. It is really a bad way to do business, IMHO. Bad for the client quality wise and bad for the MTs.
Yes, not a good thing. Leaves too much room for error - client complaints, because multiple
[ In Reply To ..]
Multiple MTs working on accounts. Keep the same MTs on the same account and there will be less errors, MTs can increase productivity and in terms it makes things better for everyone.

You would think they would have lots of complaints doing it the way they do it. Makes sense to us, but apparently they see it differently.
I have large index cards taped to my wall with CP as a chart. - Sunflower
[ In Reply To ..]
Hospital going down the side with headings across Pt name, ROS, PE, Copies, Dept name, notes. These headings are just what pops out for my accounts

Pt Name = Y or N
ROS: L or para
PE: L or para
Copies: AD (as dictated) notes for special insts.
Dept name Capitalized: Y or N
Notes: anything special

All I have to do is look to the right and everything is right there. Granted, there are 18 hospitals listed, but there are all right there for me. Simple, effective.

make notes and templates for your 4 new accts. - only use QA when necessary.

[ In Reply To ..]
It might take a min to get use to them and I can understand wanting to send to QA to make sure everything is right, sounds logical, but it doesn't work that way at M-Modal.

I have learned that even though you "work for them" you in essence work for yourself. Get a system going, make some templates and quick texts for your newer clients i.e. if Dr. Mush Mouth says the same thing on all his physical exams highlight it, do CTRL E and add "Dr. Mush Mouth PE" to your expansions.

Sometimes there are things in the repository, sometimes not. Basically only use QA when absolutely necessary.

Thanks .. I got 15 at once.. We have some notes and it helps but still takes time. - Thanks again. No message.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Seriously - Why would you

[ In Reply To ..]
send anything to QA? I don't care if there are a ton of blanks. They can either tell the doctor to dictate so I can understand or not cut my pay for sending to QA. I know, I know, "I want to do a good job." Don't you think we all want to do a good job? I'm not willing to take a pay cut for sending to QA or doing ASR.

I can't understand why people accept the way they treat you. Stop sending to QA and stop doing lousy ASR. Both of them rip you off. Gosh this is getting old. Stand up for yourselves.

stop doing ASR? So she can lose job? - good advice

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you keep saying that all over the place? If you refuse to do it, they replace you with someone who will!

Not! - trying to tell

[ In Reply To ..]
you I don't do it and have not done it in years! Maybe you should read the posts and start standing up for yourself. People like you are why YOU get paid nothing to do the crap. Maybe if you all would get your tails out from between your legs and fight for yourselves you would get paid a decent wage! It is so much easier to bow to them and work for nothing and come on here and complain.
whatever... I have told CCM that I cannot do ASR, - was told do it or leave
[ In Reply To ..]
I guess that does not leave me many options, hey? Either DO IT or LEAVE.

Not sure why or how you got lucky, but that did not work for me, so dont say I have bowed down to anyone.
There is - an
[ In Reply To ..]
F11 key, use it. P.S. Did you think she would say okay, don't do it? If you get guff about it, tell them you will have to consider looking for another job because you are not willing to work for nothing. If you are a good worker, you are needed, call their bluff.
well, maybe your okay with losing your job, but I am not! - my good friend was fired for that
[ In Reply To ..]
My good friend was fired for using F11 excessively, and she was devestated. I am not taking any chances. You spin the wheel and see where you land.
Bad advice, only use F11 maybe 3-4 times a month - if you abuse it, you can get fired.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Well, it's - not
[ In Reply To ..]
bad advice if you want to earn a paycheck. It appears again that I have wasted my time trying to get people to stand up for themselves. Hope you all enjoy working for free. I know other people were trying to get people to do this in the past and gave up too. I keep hoping you folks will at some point try to do something about the crappy wages for ASR but I guess you would rather work for nothing. Don't worry, like the others who tried, I'm done trying. Have a nice day.
there are options for VR increase. - Im gonna get stoned but
[ In Reply To ..]
But depending on your tier, you can make up to 6cpl for VR. Many women on here make that, some make 5cpl. I am a living wittness, I got increased to 5cpl.

Again I might get attacked for telling you this, but its true.

Why send to QA? Because I still am a professional, it has my name on it, and the information is impo - I am looking as hard as possible to get out (see m

[ In Reply To ..]
but it is hard finding anything that is not the same as MModal or worse.

We did not want to work for MM. We just woke up on 2/6 and it was like, "Oh, by the way, we sold DSG. You now work for MM." No notice, no warning. So, the other companies were hit with all of our resumes at the same time. Some foolishly hoped this board was wrong and it was not that bad.

Personally, if I could afford it, I would just quit, but for now something is better than nothing. I'm looking to get out of the MT field entirely and that takes time.

Got any leads?

Depends on what you wanna do - how bout lab tech? see message

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't take long, about 6 wks for phlebotomy certificate and thats it very easy if you dont mind drawing blood.

I use to do it. Check with your local community college and see what sort of trade programs they have, something that doesn't take more than a year and start taking classes.

Other option is to put a cover letter and resume together and just start applying for jobs outside the MT field. You can type and your familiar with medical terminology so maybe you can get a job in a doctors office, medical records...just ideas.
Thanks! I am currently doing all of those things. - It just takes time, and not a lot of jobs where I
[ In Reply To ..]
but I will make it happen! Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I am networking like crazy. I am looking into close captioning but that takes a bit longer. I have started talking to a couple of local physicians I know about a scribe-type position too.

It seems a shame to waste all of the medical knowledge and skills that we have. I really don't like coding, but am close to signing up for a refresher coding course too.

I truly am not just sitting back looking for some cheese to go with my whine.

LOL
Cute - Cheese to go with that wine. - I like that.
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey let it all out, got get it out some way or another. Go head and whine, I've got the cheese.
LOL! sounds good! - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Dear Ex DSG - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
As Alice Cooper once sang "Welcome to My Nightmare." I lived exactly what you are going through, and thought people on here were whiners or slackers, then it happened to my as well as some co-workers I knew personally. It doesn't end till you leave. I was fortunate enough to have a non-MT job locally waiting in the wings. I wish the former DSGers and everyone bought out by this evil company the best. Hit the ground running if you can!

Thanks for the reply! glad you found something else. - love the Alice reference :) No message.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

I'm Currently Doing Nearly Real-time Reports And Not A Single Dictator...
Jun 28, 2012

is able to finish a complete sentence without losing their thought or incessantly repeating themselves because they keep losing their place.  It's getting annoying.  I've done about a 1/2 dozen reports so far and NOT ONE has been just a normal dictation.  I'm wondering if all these doctors are unable to focus on the task at hand because of what is going on in Washington right now or if it's just a fluke.  I mean, I have never encountered anything like this ...

If You Thought 8 Cents Was Bad, 6 Cents/line Is Downright Insulting
Apr 13, 2010

RE:  Posting on the job seekers board.   ....especially for something like psych where you can't make as many big normals like you would be able to do with other specialities. I would have liked to work some extra on some psych accounts, but that pay is just disgusting. ...

Docked For Too Much QA
Jun 29, 2012

Does anyone know if it is an industry standard to begin penalizing an MT as soon as he/she comes off full QA on a new account for access QA submissions?  The "First Time Right" policy is very unclear about when the dock in pay is supposed to start. When an MT starts a new platform AND a new account AND Speech Rec on that new platform all at once, isn't there usually a grace period of some kind? ...

How Do You Know If Your Pay Is Being Docked For
May 12, 2015

x ...

How Are We Supposed To Know When We Are Docked?
Mar 02, 2010

Bad enough that they pay us less for ASR and now we may be getting paid less for sending through QA markers - how are we supposed to know when we are getting paid less and how can they pay us so many different rates?  There is so much room for error and we will never know when we are getting ripped off!  This whole thing sounds underhanded!  ...

First Time Right - MMEs Will Be Docked If Over 10%, Then 5% Later?
Mar 03, 2010

Really, there are a lot of times where something is just not interpretable, no sound, etc.  That will be kind of nice that we don't have to send reports to QA for those types of things.  That would be most of why I usually have to leave a QA marker.  So really, when I think about it, it may not be as bad as everyone is thinking.  (Trying to look at the bright side :-) Has anyone heard if MMEs will be docked if over 10%, then 5% later, of their reports are sent through to the client ...

Getting Docked For Sending Work To QA :(
May 31, 2010

Why should we be docked for sending work to QA especially when there is an issue with poor audio quality, having a job that is incomplete or simply not being able to find the correct address even after we have spent time doing the propper research. This is as ludicrous as it would be if the phone company decided to charge us extra to call 911. ...

For Those Of You Who Are Having Your Pay Docked For Poor Performance
Jan 17, 2015

Here is a link you may be interested in. http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/10/29/8-workplace-rights-your-employer-might-not-tell-you-about ...

10 Cents A Line For Transcription And 5-6 Cents A Line For VRE?
Mar 19, 2015

Are there any companies out there that pay at least 10 cents a line for transcription and 5-6 cents a line for VRE? This career is not what it used to be!  ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Is This For Real?
Apr 15, 2010

I have been on QA for at least 2 months.  The first month my TL went on vacation and when she did, I was still on full QA and all reports monitored.  I have not received any QA good or bad during this time, but when I inquired about it yesterday, I was told of at least 9 things that I keep doing wrong, and I am not good enough to let out into the work pool.  I asked for reports that I messed up and they only came up with one report that was not messed up,but a report in which I left blanks, w ...

MOT Is Getting Real Old
Jun 02, 2015

This has been going on for too long, without explanation and without any end in sight.   If one if fired for refusing to work beyond the hours they were hired to do, can they still collect unemployment?   ...

Real Company???
Jul 29, 2010

If you were to get hired as an IC by somebody who runs their own MT business out of their home, what things should you look out for to make sure you are not falling for a scam- and just doing someone else's work for free?  Do they need to know things like your SS #?  Thanks for the help! ...

Real Time
Sep 07, 2010

What gives with that ridiculous jargon in the training video?  "Real-time doctor's list."  Gimme a break.  "Streamlining our job."  Hooha.  "Increasing our productivity."  Come on now.  We're not idiots, Q. If that doctor's list was real time, it would be instantaneous.  I know that they meant that we would get to see a doctor's name as soon as it was updated on their end, but to call it real time is a misnomer.  How are extra ke ...

The Real Question...
Jan 10, 2011

...Is there anyone who makes good money doing editing, compared to straight transcription I mean? ...

Is DQS Being Real SLOW For Anyone Else?
Apr 05, 2011

I've had trouble logging in and uploading this morning.  Anyone else? ...

Will The Real Sm Please Stand Up?
Sep 09, 2011

I'm getting confused.  I read a post by "sm," and she (?)  comes across as even-tempered in style and conservative in viewpoint.   I read another post by "sm," and she (?) comes across as angry and argumentative with a liberal viewpoint.   Either "sm" has a split personality or there are 2 people using the same name.  Can we clear this up so we know who we're actually speaking to? ...

For Real? ASR Really So Stupid?
Dec 21, 2011

pain foraminal valley?  Really?  After 5+ years?  deep PAIN thrombosis?  Paradoxical ambulance (embolus) Drives me absolutely nuts.  Wasn't all of this stuff supposed to be LEARNED sometime in the last decade? DocQScribe 8 of whatever is their only concern????? ...

Real Work?
Feb 04, 2013

Does anyone know of any smaller, family-owned transcription agencies?  I honestly don't think any of these companies who advertise are a placed you would want to call home.  I have been in transcription for many years, have tested for many of these companies and never get a call back.  So not sure what they are looking for, etc.  I guess the smaller companies have been gobbled up by the bigger companies.  ...

LET'S BE HONEST, REAL?
Feb 16, 2014

Every morning starts with a FIESA Email of some ridiculous mistake like: MEDICATIONS: (Oh my God, you left off "Include") 1. Blah 2. Blah 3. Half the medications are wrong, numbers are wrong, etc. Then if you contest it, they say you were endangering the patient. (Really, leaving off the word "includes" is endangering the patient?) ANYWAY, IF THEY WERE TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE PATIENT'S LIVES THEY WOULD NOT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF A HORRID, INCAPABLE, PIECE OF ...

No Jobs. Is This For Real. Screamn For Over
Jan 18, 2011

anyone else NJA this a.m.?  ...

Is Security The Real Concern?
Feb 17, 2011

How of HIPAA compliance yields profitable partnerships? I guess a lot of emphases given to HIPAA compliance is truly justified, especially in the case of outsourcing. The thrust on confidentiality and security of patient records grows manifold when it's done across 7 seas. ...

Are Any Of You Afraid To Go Out Into The Real World Again?
Feb 04, 2012

After my company recently dropped my account by 1-1/2 cents, I have been considering either a job switch or maybe even an inhouse hospital position but the thought of it puts me in a panic.  Has anyone else experienced that?  I have been doing this job at home for 20 years and one of the reasons I love it is I don't have to deal with the politics of a work place or people in general.  I was a vet tech before an MT so obviously I love animals and prefer being with m ...

Feeling Real Unappreciated Right Now!! Not Only Am I
May 22, 2012

treated rudely at my job (this close to quitting), but I do not even get a Happy MT week, thank you or anything!!  Yes, this company is the WORST!!!! ...

Started A New Job In A Real Office And I Am
Jun 09, 2012

reports that are forwarded.  Most of them are apparently computer generated and very hard to read.  I always wondered what reports looked like at the customer end --- not very good from what I can tell.  I have looked to try and see if the reports are transcribed or some sort of Epic or Dragon speak program.  I would hate to be the doctors trying to wade through this jumbled-up information and make any sense out of a patient's history.  We have two local hospitals a ...

What's The Real Story With Nuance
Oct 15, 2012

I see a lot of ads for Nuance lately and it seems like there are MTs saying there is no work for them.  What is the real scoop?  Just want to know if it would be worthwhile to apply to them or if I would be sitting around with no work.  Not a big fan of big MTSO... but needing some work and willing to compromise if I must.  Thanks in advance!  ...

FOR REAL, COMPANY CLOSING IN U.S.
Mar 21, 2013

True. ...

An ESL Funny -- Or Not -- In Real Time
Oct 03, 2014

I'm taking an intermediate algebra class at my local community college.  We have an Indian instructor.  He is not fresh off the plane and is usually understandable.  He was trying to pay the class a compliment yesterday as we were doing cubed something or other and were struggling.  He said, "If you're in this class, you are short."  People in the class tried to clarify:  "We're short?"  Then somebody in the class (not me) finally interpreted wha ...

Is Fluency Real Slow
Jan 26, 2015

Not sure if it is my internet, fluency, or we are basically at a NJA status. ...