A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Everyone remember--DQS maintence at 11 pm Pacific; 2 am Eastern... - Kiki

Posted: Mar 07, 2010

Pacific:  Saturday March 6 at 11pm until 2 am

Eastern:  Sunday 2 am to 4 am

We really need to get a bi-weekly poker game going - sm - Confuzzeled

[ In Reply To ..]
At least for those of us who aren't in CA and have to go back to work when the "break" is over. Of course you're welcome to join in, Kiki. ;o)

I so want to go to bed - my last job was 22 minutes long and netted 75 lines - think I woke myself up snoring a couple of times while the doc played on her puter. Happy Sat/Sun everybody!

Count me in for the poker, Confuz, and although I'm in CA, - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I work very late so these "updates" are always in the middle of my shift, and I still have to go back to work for a couple more hours. In fact, due to the time difference, it usually really messes me up time-wise...end up not getting enough hours for the week if I forget and don't make up the time PRIOR to the maintenance.

I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open too. I really love the ERs when that loud HORN goes off in the background for whatever reason regularly....try snoozing thru THAT...hehe

And now it looks like that update was canceled anyway.....snooooooooze

Canceled you say?!? - sm - Confuzzeled

[ In Reply To ..]
I checked at 11:05 just to be sure, and it was down. Oh well, I'm only 0.7 short of my scheduled time, how ever many minutes THAT is. It's bad enough that we have to add, subtract, multiply and divide to figure out what time the updates are, it's even worse to figure out that stupid time clock.

Aw man, I miss the horns, brawls, screams, etc. of my county ER reports that went to EPIC. Now it's just click, click, rustle, cough, click, click, sneeze...and maybe a few words or so of the ESLs doing DS, and those gawdawful boring clinic notes.

I'm off to have dinner (at 2:40 a.m.), watch some TV (good luck) and try to get some sleep before the rest of the family wakes me up. LOL G'nite!
I thought it went down at 9PM PST? I work that shift - just me
[ In Reply To ..]
and quit working at 9PM PST. I never jump back on after the maintainence, I just wait and make it up later...well, till this new LOCK OUT thing is being implemented. Now I will need to figure out a plan B.

So how is that going to be handled Kiki? - CyberlandMT

[ In Reply To ..]
When the locking out of unscheduled time hits? You and everbody else? Will you still be allowed to make up your time before the maintenance or what?? Hopefully the person inputting your schedules into Teamwork are good and get it all right. I think this is my biggest fear. My schedule in TW has been messed up ever since moving to a new Book of Business.
I have no idea how that will be handled; I STILL have heard nothing about - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
this lock-out thing directly from my CCM or any emails. The only place I have heard it is on this board. So, I'm waiting for that email, at which time I will be calling (trying to) my CCM to ask her that very question.

I hear ya on the messed up schedule....working on the west coast when they use east coast time.....constantly looking like I'm short hours because I start at 11 pm pacific time, which is actually 2 am the next day Eastern time...so if Saturday is the end of the PP....argh...pain in the ARSE.......
One of their great fixes - eliminate half the time zones - sm - Confuzzeled
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know why they felt that everything had to be EST, it's a PITA. When it's 10 p.m. I have to check my lines by searching "yesterday and today." I keep forgetting that and freak when it only shows I've done 150 lines.

The only thing we've heard from our CCM is that there will be a meeting, someday, about all of this.
west coasters - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
you west coasters are troopers. What a PITA for sure

Similar Messages:

Still Down As Of 10:30 This Morning Pacific !
Sep 27, 2011

It's now a little after 2 p.m. and still no go - ...

Eagle Eye Transcription - Pacific Northwest
Jul 16, 2012

Does anyone have any info on Eagle Eye Transcription from the Pacific Northwest?  Just wondering if they are very helpful in getting you set up.  It sounds like they have a lot of work - is this true?  I would be interested in ANY information you can supply - GOOD or BAD. Thanx much, psw ...

10pm Pacific Time. 8 Accounts And No
Mar 08, 2013

Oh well. ...

Eastern Europe Or Eastern Europe
Apr 25, 2012

Not sure of which it would be, cannot find a clear rule in BOS.  "The patient emigrated from e/Eastern Europe." ...

Eastern Vs Western
Sep 27, 2014

This is a ? about encephalitis.  In the word book, eastern (lc) equine viral encephalitis and Western (UC) equine encephalitis.    Anybody know why eastern is not capitalized while Western is capitalized?  Makes no sense to me!    Thanks! ...

Shift Differential Is Paid If You Work 4-12 Eastern Time
Dec 22, 2013

Just recently started with Nuance and am in Pacific Time. Can anyone tell me if the shift differential is paid if you work 4-12 Eastern time or is it paid based on you working actually 4-12 in your time zone? Thanks ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

Remember When
Apr 23, 2010

Remember when – you were proud to be an MT – proud of the work you did and the physicians said thank you when you did a good job?   How about the bumper sticker years ago from AHDI (AAMT)  that they handed out at one of the conferences that read – MDs need MTs.   After 35 years in this profession, I call it quits.   All of us really just need a "thank you" from time to time to feel appreciated.     I have worked at ho ...

Remember?
Sep 01, 2010

Remember when we used to get that newsletter in the mail?  I found some today as I was packing my stuff.  Remember when they used to pat us on the back now and then? (usually right before they made a change that was a major hassle, though--and NEVER a pay increase, absolutely unheard of) Now they just hang us out to dry and we have to fend for ourselves. Wonder if they even notice we are dropping like flies. We never hear anything from management unless it's that they are i ...

Remember When....?
Sep 02, 2010

Remember back when you worked for a client of say 20-40 doctors?  When when you could kick your feet up and type with your eyes closed, you knew what the doctor was going to say before he said it.  Remember when you could type what he meant to say and not what he actually said.  Remember them appreciating that?  Remember no BOS or auditing scores?  Remember always having an abdundance of work and feeling very comfortable about it because you made great pay?  Remembe ...

Remember When QA Used To Just
Sep 18, 2010

catch errors, highlight them, and send them to you with a score?   No comments, no ridicule, no 'teaching, preching, and/or belittling.'   I mean,  QA used to just point out the errors once a quarterly run, and be there as a backup on blanks or questions because supposedly they are just that good at it.  When were they told to scold?  Why would they think a humiliation approach works?   ...

Can't Even Remember
Jan 11, 2012

You know the weird thing is that even after just 3 years, I cannot even remember the name of the last 2 companies I worked for - I was an independent contractor for the first 15 years and had my own accounts. That's pretty sad when you can't even remember a past employer (or maybe it isn't because you've blocked them from your memory because of the poor pay and constant outsourcing and waiting for them to find you more work). Now that I do remember. If anyone knows who I w ...

Does Anyone Remember - Sm
Jun 09, 2012

a drug website where you could put in the last part of a drug name and get some possibilities as far as the whole drug name?  I have a dictator that pauses the recording and then restarts during the medication list so I only hear the last part :( ...

More To Remember
Feb 17, 2014

Dangerous abbreviations that are in BOS are not to be observed unless the specific CP says to? I have NEVER operated like this, EVER. So now we get to check the CP and try and remember the BOS fix for the dangerous abbreviations (used to just keep it as a shortcut). I gotta get out of here, my mind doesn't process all this crap. ...

How Am I Going To Remember All Of This?
Jun 16, 2015

I am in coding school (home-based program) and as I read through the coding book, I try to understand all of the rules, etc., about what gets coded first and dual codes, when to use a particular code as a primary diagnosis, etc.  However, I find that I remember little of those rules the next day or even later in the day.  How do you remember all of these things, or do you even have to?  Is everything I am reading about rules also included in the instructions in the tabular index?& ...

Do You Remember The Days When ......
Nov 12, 2009

You actually looked forward to getting the PA instead of the doctor because they were so much easier to hear, understand, etc., except for the fact that most of them have no clue when it comes to pronouncing medications and feel that it is above them to spell the medication out.  In my case it seems that the roles have flipped nowadays, I absolutely hate seeing the PA coming up and would rather do the doctor any day of the week!!     ...

**** PMSI REMEMBER????
Feb 22, 2010

BEWARE.  We talked about her last time, how everyone tested and never heard back from her . . . there was a term they used for it when they get their work done by sending it out to people that thinkithey are testing for a job but they were being used to get her work caught up!!!! ...

Do You Remember This Guy? We Talked About Him
Mar 25, 2010

Awhile back we talked about this Vance.  He obviously reads this board and writes his stories.  I know someone mentioned STEPFORD WIVES CLUB and he has used this term now.  He is a writer and will be speaking at the AHDI in Phoenix coming up. Also, any of you working for MQ, there is an AHDI meeting May 8th in Eugene, OR.  I AM GOING.  I am so curious to hear what they have to say and I might not be able to keep my mouth shut and they might not like some of the question ...

I Am Sorry, But I Cannot Remember How QA Is Adjusted SM
Aug 06, 2010

How do the figure what we send to QA as far as our pay goes.  I am having a brain fart and cannot remember. I sent 1 to QA with 1 blank in it so does it go by that or the number of things they decided were wrong with it, because this person totally picked it apart changed things such as operation done at xxx hosptial to done in xxx hospital, etcetera.  It is not a verbatim account either.  I don't recognize the QA name either.   ...

Do Any Of You Remember This Post!
Aug 21, 2010

The unconstitutional employment practices of MedQuist and CBay - ACalfornian Posted: Mar 17th, 2010 - 2:30 pm I'm NOT an attorney; therefore, cannot give any legal advice.  If you want to pursue the issues addressed below, please consult an attorney.   In the case of Department of State v. Washington Post Co., 456 US 595 (1982), the Department of State refused to disclose private information of individuals to an "American" corporation, "Washington Post", citing the polic ...

Can't Remember What The LPH Quota Is. Do You Know?
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone remember what the required lines per hour is?  Thanks! ...

ASR ; Old Timers, Remember When.....
Nov 18, 2010

Hey all you loyal MQ people who have been here for years (why we do it, I don't know) Remember when....they used to tell MTs DO NOT ENTER S/L in the QA NOTE, because it made QA "think" they would hear that word....well guess what...and this is for the suits and the managers who are looking, and we know you are .....ASR is nothing but a full report of sounds likes.  They wonder why errors are being seen in ASR reports?  DUH!!!      ...

I Remember The Days When...
Nov 26, 2011

Fresh out of a local vocational school for MT back in 1993,  I met with an established local MT, who allowed me to do a little of her work (with pay) to see how I would do because she wanted someone to take over on Fridays so she could have that day off.  Within a few months, she partnered with another transcriptionist in town for a separate account and gave me all the work from group that she was doing!  It was 5 docs and 2 NPs.  I did the work at her house on her computer. ...

Remember CyMed?
Dec 28, 2011

Does anyone remember CyMed (who was bought out by SPi in 2006)?  I was trying to remember the platform they used.  ...

I Don't Remember My Password So Now What? Nm
Jan 24, 2012

nm ...

Anyone Remember The Date?
Apr 18, 2012

When was it they "capped" our pay, giving most of us a pay cut?  I meant to write it down (don't know why, but I usually record these things), but I never did and can't find the cheery e-mail informing us of our "new" rates!  I have all my pay stubs, but they're basically indecipherable. Anyone remember what month that was?     ...

Does Anyone Remember The Name Of The Company.......
Feb 05, 2013

that suddenly closed down in India....  IIRC, the story goes that people showed up for work one morning and the doors were locked.  The entire company moved out overnight without any notice or explanation.   A friend and I were trying to remember who this was.  it was a well known (with us transcriptionists, anyway) service.   Thx ...

Does Anyone On Here Remember Working For The Old MQ
Feb 24, 2013

down near Philadelphia and what happened to those people that worked in that office.  I would like to know where they are now.  This is going back a few years and I cant remember the name of the town but I know it was near Philadelphia. ...

Can Anyone Remember An Instrument
Mar 27, 2013

TIA ...

Does Anyone Remember The Name Of The MQ Employee
Apr 16, 2013

Boston bombings made me think of her.  If I remember right, the only place I learned that she was a MedQuist employee was on MT Stars.  MQ didn't bother to put out an e-mail about her, jckas company that they are.  Just curious... ...