A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

can anyone remember an instrument - that sounds like Dewer? nm

Posted: Mar 27, 2013

TIA

What is it used for? - That is always helpful to know.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

well we're doing oral surgery - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
The proximal and distal segments of the mandible on each side were separated with a Smith spreader and a Dewer?

I feel like I've had this before but I can't get my brain to call it up.

there is a Denver something, but I don't have the book - research

[ In Reply To ..]
anymore to verify it. When I do a Google, all I get are hits related to the city in Colorado.
thanks there are Dewar procedures too - but they dont seem to fit
[ In Reply To ..]
one lousy blank in my otherwise perfect report!

Can you hear LeFort? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Deaver retractor but seems like I've just had - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
it in chest procedures

Similar Messages:

GYN Instrument
Nov 23, 2009

A s/l BRIDE-SKI was used to locate the anterior lip of the vagina. ...

Instrument Name
Apr 20, 2010

This is a vasectomy.  The (s/l toppif) ____ was then used to isolate the vas within the scrotal tissue and the vas was delivered through a 5-mm incision.  TIA ...

OB/GYN Instrument
Dec 15, 2010

The ovary was manipulated with S/L paddle grasper, which was used through a right lower quadrant port site.... Thank you in advance. ...

ENT Instrument
Apr 19, 2013

The punctum wre dilated and the ...

Ophthalmologic Instrument
Dec 29, 2009

Anyone familiar with a Baron or Byron punch used in an eye surgery to punch a button in donor tissue.  Tried google MT - no luck. ...

Name Of Surgical Instrument
Apr 27, 2010

Has anyone heard of a mohorner ? He is doing a left thyroid lobectomy and says:  A mohorner was then utilized in order to create exposure with the midline strap muscles incised longitudinally.    ...

Surgical Instrument?
Nov 26, 2010

orthopedic surgeon dictating "we did a subacromial bursectomy with a 4.3 mm Couda/Cooda?" ...

Orthopedic Instrument Help
Feb 07, 2011

The sentence is "There was some chondral debris in the suprapatellar pouch that we carefully evacuated with a shutter".  Clearly sounds like shutter but I can't find this anywhere.  ...

Instrument S/l Malibolt?
Jul 21, 2011

It's a pericardial drainage surgery report and doc says, "A Mali bolt/Malibolt was used to retract the peritoneum and preperitoneal fat." Definitely sounds like 3 syllables. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Cartier Surgical Instrument
Oct 10, 2011

I am doing a Da Vinci robot assisted surgical procedure and it sounds like they are using a cartier (card-e-air) instrument...spelling anyone?  Thanks!! ...

Surgical Instrument Names
Aug 05, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of faceless scissors?  or "bi-see" forceps? ...

Sponge, Lap, Needle, Instrument Count
Oct 15, 2010

What does "lap" stand for?  Thanks. ...

Instrument To Remove Ganglionic Fluid?
Nov 12, 2010

I apologize for the rough s/l, hoping someone will know what it is....   ganglionic synovial fluid, which I then removed with a s/l"renejure" ...

Instrument S/l Cry-coke To Elevate Trachea-sm
Jul 07, 2011

Patient is having a tracheostomy. ...

Abdominal Procedure-OB/GYN S/l P Care Instrument - Any Ideas?
Aug 08, 2012

XX ...

Knee Arthroscopy Sounds Like Surfak For This Instrument
Sep 20, 2013

Physician says what sounds like Surfak for this instrument, Using a medial portal, the _____ instrument was introduced into the medial compartment for synovectomy for chondroplasty of the medial compartment,  ...

Can Anyone Document - Explorer Endometrial Biopsy Instrument
Mar 17, 2014

Lukay Or Lookay Ring Instrument Used For Spinal Surgery (sm)
Dec 06, 2010

sounds like lookey or lukey..can't find anywhere.  TIA ...

Remember When
Apr 23, 2010

Remember when – you were proud to be an MT – proud of the work you did and the physicians said thank you when you did a good job?   How about the bumper sticker years ago from AHDI (AAMT)  that they handed out at one of the conferences that read – MDs need MTs.   After 35 years in this profession, I call it quits.   All of us really just need a "thank you" from time to time to feel appreciated.     I have worked at ho ...

Remember?
Sep 01, 2010

Remember when we used to get that newsletter in the mail?  I found some today as I was packing my stuff.  Remember when they used to pat us on the back now and then? (usually right before they made a change that was a major hassle, though--and NEVER a pay increase, absolutely unheard of) Now they just hang us out to dry and we have to fend for ourselves. Wonder if they even notice we are dropping like flies. We never hear anything from management unless it's that they are i ...

Remember When....?
Sep 02, 2010

Remember back when you worked for a client of say 20-40 doctors?  When when you could kick your feet up and type with your eyes closed, you knew what the doctor was going to say before he said it.  Remember when you could type what he meant to say and not what he actually said.  Remember them appreciating that?  Remember no BOS or auditing scores?  Remember always having an abdundance of work and feeling very comfortable about it because you made great pay?  Remembe ...

Remember When QA Used To Just
Sep 18, 2010

catch errors, highlight them, and send them to you with a score?   No comments, no ridicule, no 'teaching, preching, and/or belittling.'   I mean,  QA used to just point out the errors once a quarterly run, and be there as a backup on blanks or questions because supposedly they are just that good at it.  When were they told to scold?  Why would they think a humiliation approach works?   ...

Can't Even Remember
Jan 11, 2012

You know the weird thing is that even after just 3 years, I cannot even remember the name of the last 2 companies I worked for - I was an independent contractor for the first 15 years and had my own accounts. That's pretty sad when you can't even remember a past employer (or maybe it isn't because you've blocked them from your memory because of the poor pay and constant outsourcing and waiting for them to find you more work). Now that I do remember. If anyone knows who I w ...

Does Anyone Remember - Sm
Jun 09, 2012

a drug website where you could put in the last part of a drug name and get some possibilities as far as the whole drug name?  I have a dictator that pauses the recording and then restarts during the medication list so I only hear the last part :( ...

More To Remember
Feb 17, 2014

Dangerous abbreviations that are in BOS are not to be observed unless the specific CP says to? I have NEVER operated like this, EVER. So now we get to check the CP and try and remember the BOS fix for the dangerous abbreviations (used to just keep it as a shortcut). I gotta get out of here, my mind doesn't process all this crap. ...

How Am I Going To Remember All Of This?
Jun 16, 2015

I am in coding school (home-based program) and as I read through the coding book, I try to understand all of the rules, etc., about what gets coded first and dual codes, when to use a particular code as a primary diagnosis, etc.  However, I find that I remember little of those rules the next day or even later in the day.  How do you remember all of these things, or do you even have to?  Is everything I am reading about rules also included in the instructions in the tabular index?& ...

Do You Remember The Days When ......
Nov 12, 2009

You actually looked forward to getting the PA instead of the doctor because they were so much easier to hear, understand, etc., except for the fact that most of them have no clue when it comes to pronouncing medications and feel that it is above them to spell the medication out.  In my case it seems that the roles have flipped nowadays, I absolutely hate seeing the PA coming up and would rather do the doctor any day of the week!!     ...

**** PMSI REMEMBER????
Feb 22, 2010

BEWARE.  We talked about her last time, how everyone tested and never heard back from her . . . there was a term they used for it when they get their work done by sending it out to people that thinkithey are testing for a job but they were being used to get her work caught up!!!! ...

Do You Remember This Guy? We Talked About Him
Mar 25, 2010

Awhile back we talked about this Vance.  He obviously reads this board and writes his stories.  I know someone mentioned STEPFORD WIVES CLUB and he has used this term now.  He is a writer and will be speaking at the AHDI in Phoenix coming up. Also, any of you working for MQ, there is an AHDI meeting May 8th in Eugene, OR.  I AM GOING.  I am so curious to hear what they have to say and I might not be able to keep my mouth shut and they might not like some of the question ...

I Am Sorry, But I Cannot Remember How QA Is Adjusted SM
Aug 06, 2010

How do the figure what we send to QA as far as our pay goes.  I am having a brain fart and cannot remember. I sent 1 to QA with 1 blank in it so does it go by that or the number of things they decided were wrong with it, because this person totally picked it apart changed things such as operation done at xxx hosptial to done in xxx hospital, etcetera.  It is not a verbatim account either.  I don't recognize the QA name either.   ...