A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

eastern vs Western - not60yet

Posted: Sep 27, 2014

This is a ? about encephalitis.  In the word book, eastern (lc) equine viral encephalitis and Western (UC) equine encephalitis. 

Anybody know why eastern is not capitalized while Western is capitalized?  Makes no sense to me!  Undecided  Thanks!

Lower case both of them - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The word book is wrong.In this case, western is not a proper name.

Similar Messages:

Sounds Like Western Arm Holder (It Is Western)
Oct 13, 2010

"The left upper extremity was rested on a well-padded Western arm holder." ...

Eastern Europe Or Eastern Europe
Apr 25, 2012

Not sure of which it would be, cannot find a clear rule in BOS.  "The patient emigrated from e/Eastern Europe." ...

Everyone Remember--DQS Maintence At 11 Pm Pacific; 2 Am Eastern...
Mar 07, 2010

Pacific:  Saturday March 6 at 11pm until 2 am   Eastern:  Sunday 2 am to 4 am ...

Shift Differential Is Paid If You Work 4-12 Eastern Time
Dec 22, 2013

Just recently started with Nuance and am in Pacific Time. Can anyone tell me if the shift differential is paid if you work 4-12 Eastern time or is it paid based on you working actually 4-12 in your time zone? Thanks ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

Western Medical
Jun 23, 2011

Does anyone know anything about Western Medical and the MTPro software they are selling for $495.00. They are claiming to be hiring me, looks dicey. Rich ...

Western Blot Or Western Blot?
May 01, 2014

I know that Southern blot should be capitalized since it is named after a person, but what about western blot, eastern blot, northern blot?  What is the consensus on whether to capitalize or not -- I have seen all of these written with a capital and without a capital letter.  Thanks for your help. ...

Western Medical, Delaware
Sep 23, 2011

Is anyone familiar with this company?  Pros or cons of working for them?  They are offering me medical transcription.  Thx for the help.  ...

I've Never Seen The Work In The Western Region So Low
Mar 02, 2014

Currently there are 354 reports, and 150+ of those are from one facility alone.   What holiday is it this time? ...

The Entire Western Region Is BONE DRY
Jan 30, 2014

There are only 246 reports in the ENTIRE western region right now as I type this, and out of ALL the facilities in the western region, only 30 facilities have work for us.  Something is very weird.  ...

Wow, Almost The Entire Western Region Is Wiped Out Of Work
Dec 02, 2013

I have a feeling it's going to be a crazy week trying to get our lines/income in ... there's practically no work in the entire western region.  Even my backups to the secondary backup secondaries are wiped out.  ...

About Western Governors University's B.S. In Health Informatics
Jun 03, 2014

Is there anyone here who has gotten the B.S. in Health Inforamatics at Western Governor's University? Or is there anyone who is currently going to WGU to get this degree? If so, can you tell me about the program, how you like it, etc? The only thing that holds me back is the pass/fail grading system and transferring credits to other schools. ...

Good Lord, Only 200 Reports In The Entire Western Region
Jan 26, 2014

Looks like it's going to be another one of those days ... there should be plenty of work after the maintenance last night but nope, single jobs available in most of the western facilities.  Pathetic.  ...