A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

shift differential is paid if you work 4-12 Eastern time - West Coast MT

Posted: Dec 22, 2013

Just recently started with Nuance and am in Pacific Time. Can anyone tell me if the shift differential is paid if you work 4-12 Eastern time or is it paid based on you working actually 4-12 in your time zone? Thanks

It's based on Eastern time - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Starts at 8 p.m. Eastern. Since you're on Pacific time, that's 5 p.m. for you.

Thanks! - Nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

Shift Differential
Apr 01, 2015

I'm considering leaving a first shift hourly position for a 2nd shift hourly position at a diffferent company. What would you say is a fair shift differential between 1st and 2nd shift when talking hourly pay? Thanks in advance for any thoughts. ...

3rd Shift Differential. Curious, How Much More Do You Get?
May 30, 2010

I have been working third shift for quite a wihile and must say sometimes I don't like it.  My husband and I are trying for our second child and I have been wondering if a half cent more is really worth working a shift like this.  Out of curiosity, how much do you all get for working third shift?    Thanks! Have a wonderful Memorial Day.  ...

Does Transcend Shift Differential
Nov 19, 2010

Does Transcend offer a shift differential for 3rd shift?  Does anyone know how the work flow is on third shift?  I know a lot of people are not happy there so please do not flame me for asking, I just want some information.  Also do they pay a production incentive and an extra amount for CMT?  Thanks in advance. ...

I Did Not Get Any Email Re Shift Differential That Everyone...sm
Dec 28, 2010

has been talking about below.  Neither did other MTs in my region.  I wonder why we did not get that email.  I work days, nevertheless, am curious as to why it wasn't sent to everyone. ...

About That New Shift Differential.......for Those It Applies To Anyway.......
Jan 02, 2011

I think I may have spoken too soon when I said they basically got rid of it.  Math is definitely not my thing, but after studying it further, isn't it basically the same?  It says, An additional $0.0075 per line or $0.09 per report for work transcribed between the hours of:  (and then it gives the different hours for each time zone)............. Isn't that what it was before?  And the .09 cents per report, is this for radiology reports?  ??? ...

Where The Shift Differential Is On The Pay Stub?
Mar 11, 2011

Also wondering..... did anyone ever figure out where the shift differential is on the pay stub? ...

Does Nuance Pay A Shift Differential?
Mar 08, 2012

Wondering about the purchace of Transcend by Nuance and possible pay cuts ...

Shift Differential Question
Mar 17, 2012

Does anyone know what time shift differential ends? I was told it started at 9pm, but was wondering what time it ended i.e. 6am?, 5am? thanks ...

Night Shift Differential??
Jul 22, 2012

Does Nuance pay night shift differential?  Finding any info about pay and benefits for Nuance is next to impossible?  If they do pay differential, does anyone know what it is? Thank you.  ...

How Does Shift Differential Work?
Dec 26, 2012

Kinda confused about the shift differential and how it works.  I worked about 2.5 hours before the 6:00 a.m cutoff.  I did 1008 lines today in that amount of time.  Do I take the 1008 and multiply it by my shift differential amount and then subtract that 1008 from the total lines for the day, or is the shift differential "extra" in our pay?  Really don't have a clue how to figure this and I work these hours everyday.  Would like to know before the first paychec ...

Night Shift Differential
May 01, 2014

Is the differential for late work shown as a separate line item on the paystubs?  I'm not sure if I'm getting paid for it.  Just seeking info.  Troll away if you like. ...

Did MQ Drop The Night Shift Differential?
Apr 12, 2010

I start work at 0500 and always have had at least 1 hour of night shift differential for each day I worked.  It amounts to pretty much next to nothing money wise, but I would still like to know without having to wait on an answer from CCM.  tia ...

Cutting Hours Off Of Shift Differential
Sep 10, 2013

where is the incentive to work????? I only got 2 hours of it anyway so now I don't get any extra at all!!! ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

Interview With Synernet Tomorrow. Is The Shift Differential Decent?
Jul 16, 2013

I was wondering for you all working at Synernet and working third shift, is the shift differential decent?  I was recently laid off from my job of several years and nervous about having to start over elsewhere.  I was making a decent wage at my last job, but of course due to downsizing lost my job.  This company "seems" to sound good, but don't they all at some point?  Thank you in advance, and if you don't feel like posting on the board, just message me.  Ag ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Employer Not Giving A Time To End A Shift?
Nov 03, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of an employer asking you to start at a certain and not giving a time to end a shift?  What I've been getting is "just work until the work is done".  Any comments are appreciated. ...

Anyone Know Start Time For 2nd Shift At Transtech? PT Or FT? Nm
Jan 30, 2012

Nm ...

Can Someone Tell Me What Time Does Night Shift Start
May 16, 2014

East coast/West coast. Like everything else, it is almost impossible to find out!! Thanks so much!!   ...

Anyone Else Not Getting Paid On Time??
Dec 14, 2009

I wonder how some people sleep at night!!!! ...

NSA And Paid Time Off...
May 18, 2012

So, is it legal for nuance to use our "paid time off" because of NSA?? I did not approve or request to use my available paid time off.    This really is not right!! ...

As An IC, Is It Really An Option To Get Paid On Time?
Nov 05, 2009

I'm just curious. I have worked as an IC and an employee. With the last job I took as an IC, I remember in the interview the woman speaking with me said "and the woman you'll be working for always pays on time." At the time, I thought that was rather odd. I mean, why would someone need to say that? Of course I get paid on time. Just like they expect their work done on time. Well it was a huge red flag that I ignored, because then on 4 different occasions over the next 10 months I didn& ...

My CCM Says We Have Not Been Paid For Headers All This Time
Sep 13, 2010

but I could absolutely swear I have an email from her ages ago that said we were.  I may spend some of my vacation going through my 350,000 MQ emails to find this. Does anyone really know.  If we weren't; I'm really PO'd I spent any time on them. ...

How Much Are We Paid For Technical Down Time
Jul 14, 2012

I've looked on the website and cant find this info ...

Do We Get Paid Time And A Half Today?
Jul 04, 2012

Can't remember ...

Why Are We Not Paid For Time Spent Waiting For A Job?
Mar 29, 2013

I saw this on the Nuance board. What am I missing here? It really looks like, according to the Dept of Labor, that we should be paid at least minimum wage for our time waiting for a job to pop up, and not just a lousy 15 mins per day. See the section under "waiting time." http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.htm ...

You Cannot Request Time Off Unless You Have Paid Leave
May 01, 2013

It seems to be that it might be illegal to say you cannot request time off unless you have paid leave.  Does anyone know this?  This Nuance company is really awful now it seems to me anyway.  I do not plan to stay here long, too many changes since the takeover.  Bad changes.  ...

Do We Get Paid Our Full Hourly Rate For Down Time
Jan 12, 2013

Do we get paid our full hourly rate for down time? ...

Where Do I Find Info On 15 Minutes Paid Time For NJA?
May 26, 2014

Our group ran out of work today, and it has been a while since that happened, and I don't remember the protocol for getting paid the 15 minutes.    Would someone be kind enough to refer me to where I can read the instructions, or post them?  Thanks for your help. ...