A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do you suppose MTs will flock to write an essay just like - L&L

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

MTs flocked to become MMEs?

I'm sure they'd ding the essays for grammar too, if anyone on corporate staff could actually write correctly themselves.

Yeah, maybe they will dock the "winnings" 3 cents per line for any errors! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Why Would We Write An Essay Praising A 3 Cent Cut
Mar 24, 2010

in pay for not guessing for a blank? What are they thinking?!?! ...

Awful Dictators Flock Together?
Sep 18, 2010

In a helper pool and doing a certain large chain of hospitals that is spread over many states.  Tell me, how is it possible that every dictator in this chain, whether it is on the west coast, east coast, or in between, are the worst I have ever encountered?  Does this chain advertise:  Can't speak English?  Inaudible?  Can't feel your tongue?  You're hired! What makes it worse is that the reports are all progress notes and take me forever for a tiny ...

What Do You Suppose
Jan 04, 2013

When all these US MTSOs are hit by their clients with the demand that no work be outsourced off shore? If the trend in lawsuits continues, that could easily happen. along with that, what do you think will happen when the problems with EMR systems that don't include transcribed reports but only documents produced by the medical providers with point and click and fill in the blanks lead to law suits and illegal insurance claims? ...

Do You Suppose - Sm
Aug 15, 2013

there's  a way they can default any job over an arbitrary length, say 1 minute 30 seconds overseas or something to make sure it gets done at a cheaper rate?  I keep seeing these jobs come up and if everybody got their default ebxtx autolevel max reset at 2 jobs like I was told when they did the last updates, why do ALL the jobs longer than that pop up and then out when I'm autoloading? And there was an 11-minute job down the line that is now gone and I see at least 3 jobs tha ...

To The Ex-POC - - Do You Suppose....?
Apr 06, 2015

... all the latest meddling with the pooling, plus the ongoing pay "reformulations" (cuts), are part of an ongoing scheme to finally drive US MTs out of the market altogether, so they can continue to whine that they would LIKE to hire American MTs but there just aren't any left? Or are they really THAT stupid that they think they can do all these things to destroy employee morale without driving away the few real quality employees that are still hanging in there? Stupidity, or a nefa ...

401 K Info Out, Better Than Nothing I Suppose
Mar 12, 2012

Ooh.  They are going to match 25% for the first 4%.  I realize that they took the match away years ago and right now anything is better than nothing, but really big V this is the best you can come up with?  Most companies at a minimum match 100% up to 3% and some match 100% up to 6% or more.  After that major letdown with the 401K he wants us to get excited about the benefits package in July?  If it is as huge a disappointment as the 401K he will not retain or ...

What Do You Suppose Happened....
Jun 24, 2013

Suppose I Should Have Known Better Than To Post Here
Dec 22, 2014

and expect anything even resembling understanding and kindness.  Shame on you all!!  And at Christmas, too!! ...

Why Do You Suppose Dictators Just Continuously Mumble?
Aug 24, 2013

One of the doctors on my VR account, just mumbles his ENTIRE report every single time.  I mean, why would he do this when he KNOWS someone is having to transcribe it?  Perhaps he doesn't understand the concept of VR and doesn't realize that I receive this report full of complete nonsense, but even if he didn't, if you are SPEAKING and KNOWING that you expect a report out of this, why would you mumble the entire report?  It feels to me like a lack of disrespect, but ...

I Suppose This Means Training On EMR For Doctors, Nurses, PAs Etc...
Feb 12, 2010

Obama Administration to Announce  $975 Million in Health Grants  Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration today will announce $975 million in government grants to expand the use of technology in the health-care industry and train medical professionals to use new systems. The spending, part of the $862 billion economic stimulus legislation passed a year ago, will expand technology use at more than 100,000 hospitals, according to an administration official speaking on the c ...

Please Help Me With My Essay
May 09, 2014

Can someone please help me finish my essay for Eye on Quality...here's what I have so far. Why I Love Being an MT for MModal Being an MT is the best job in the world!  The job itself is so rewarding, but working for MModal is like Eye-sing (get it!) on the cake!  With there hi standards, they can afford to higher the very best people (like me!).  I can't weight to get up in the morning to turn on my compuder to start my rewording day!  I have no trouble achieving ...

FTR Essay Contest
Mar 22, 2010

OH MY GOD!   The Q is having an essay contest about what is wonderful about FTR.  I just picked myself up off the floor because I was and still am laughing hysterically.  Nothing surprises me any more at the Q...  nothing!!! ...

On A Serious Note - FTR Essay -
Mar 22, 2010

Before you send in an essay with your name on it.  Think long about it.  There are a couple of issues: 1.  Taxes.  Think about how much you will have left after the taxes are taken out.  It won't be 1000 dollars.  2.  There are those of you on here talking about a union.  If any of you are serious about a union -- DO NOT sing praises about ANY MQ POLICIES.  It will come back to haunt you. 3.  Remember exactly what is going on in MQ r ...

Essay? I Don't Know Whether To Laugh Or Cry!
Mar 22, 2010

Are they kidding?  How stupid is this proposed Essay contest?  We are asked to enter a contest and tell why FTR is a good thing and a move forward and will have a positive impact on patient care?  Are they nuts?  This is beyond stupid!  How about asking for an essay on punishing MTs for asking for a second opinion, wanting another trained ear to listen so that patients are not given the incorrect medication or an incorrect diagnosis?  How about an es ...

They Sent Out An Essay Reminder
Mar 25, 2010

I just got an email in my MQ box "reminding" us about this "friendly" little essay contest that they are trying to  shove down our throats.  Apparently the response hasn't been overwhelming (gee, I wonder why) if they have to do that. I know it's hard for those of us trapped at MQ to hang on.  I am one of them too.  No jobs out there right now and I'm taking courses.  But I have to make something to somewhat survive so I have to stay. All I say is, make ...

That Winning Essay
Apr 03, 2010

I hope the winners are happy with their money.  Selling out their fellow MTs must come with great satisfaction.  To praise a program that takes money from a hard-working MT for not being able to understand some of the worst dictation ever recorded is a form of prostitution, only they are selling their souls instead of their bodies.  ...

MT Essay Contest
Apr 13, 2012

That we are not typists. This is something MTSOs need to realize. There is a skill set required here that goes beyond being a typist and speech recognition technology. That these are LEGAL documents and that the mistakes that go through all the time could be an issue because companies AND transcriptionists are being allowed to be brought to trial over errors in several states now. That we realize as soon as a machine can replace us, we'll be gone. That it makes me laugh that I re ...

Who Is Writing An Essay
Apr 24, 2012

I don't write essays very well, but this could get interesting. I'm mostly interested in the "How I Do It" essay. Maybe I could learn how to do this more efficiently...I don't particularly want to be mentored, so reading an essay might give me some better ideas. ...

Quality Essay
May 01, 2013

Is anyone having a problem coming up with words to write up a quality essay? They gave us the outline and everything, but they mention all their great tools, and I think of the report look up with all the errors, and think... Is this the quality you wanted?   I wanted to mention that penalizing us for QA use promotes poor quality, that putting us on a gazillion accounts promotes poor quality!   I guess I am just feeling to crabby today to write an essay. I just wish they did a ra ...

First Time Right Essay Contest
Apr 02, 2010

So to those of you who said don't enter....you were foolish...you could have gotten a $50 gift card...   Medquist is doing what it should be doing....providing quality to the facilities and the patients that we transcribe for!   My thoughts...   Benchmark KB is great....everything is at your fingertips now........   Google isn't always right.....remember that..... ...

What? No Reaction To The FTR Winning Essay?
Apr 02, 2010

I made the mistake of choosing to read it while eating my dinner.  Blecch.  It just sounds SOOO fake, so sickeningly sweet.  Notice how all the words are manipulated to make MQ sound so wonderful.  And who the heck calls Benchmark "Benchmark KB"?  KB?  Come on.  I have yet to see it even once referenced that way on this board by real MTs. Really smells like a suit to me.  Watch them use that winning essay in some publication or MQ adver ...

Participating In Essay Contests
May 05, 2013

I know that many of you need extra money but when you participate in things like company essay contests you demean and degrade MTs and what we do.  We are not high school students required to do what the teacher tells us.  We are adult employees who should not be asked to grovel for a chance to win a $100 gift certificate.  This is a way for this despicable company to get free marketing material without having to pay a copywriter to produce it.  ...

Hey, Forget All You Guys, I Am Writing Me One Heck Of An Essay.
Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!!    I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 1 ...

Idea For The Quality Essay (discussed In Threads Below)
May 05, 2013

Line rates: Why are experienced MTs being paid the same rates as newbies? These MTSOs state that an experienced MT should end up with more money because he/she is able to produce more lines than a newbie. I contest this by stating that experienced MTs are also producing HIGHER QUALITY lines and can do so with less help and less supervision (and, of course, much faster), and even if both the newbie and the experienced MT produced the same number of lines, since the experienced MT's lines ...

Is "Neosporin" Suppose To Be All Caps? Nm
Mar 29, 2011

nm ...

Write Off?
Jun 11, 2010

Hi, eveyrone. I just started as an MT in Michigan, and I am going to be working from home fairly soon. I am moving back to New York for my music degree and transcribing in my free time. Problem: I have a very old laptop that is starting to fall apart. The keys don't always work and, although it is my baby, I can not keep using it for transcriptions. My boss had said he heard that we could write off a new laptop as an expense (much as flight attendants can write off their own laptops and mak ...

How Should I Write Out This CK Lab Value?
Jul 19, 2010

The doctor says,  " CK of fifty-nine-three-nine-four".   59,394? 59.394? 59-394? 59/394? 50, 93, 94? Thanks in advance for any and all enlightenment you can bestow upon me.  My brain is a fried mess - time for a break! ...

Write About It
Oct 13, 2012

Yahoo contributor network.  They will publish you.  All you have to do is register and write.     ...

How Do You Write Out...
May 02, 2013

It's a Whisper wire over-the-wire 1520Is over-the-wire capped or not?  I've seen both.  How do you write 1520?  Appreciate the help.  ...

All-Write Transcription
Dec 03, 2009

Has anyone heard of or worked for this transcription company?  If so, what are your thoughts and more specifically on average how many billable monthly lines are available at this transcription company?  Is the work steady or sporadic?  Thanks in advance for your comments. ...