A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do you suppose - sm - me

Posted: Aug 15, 2013

there's  a way they can default any job over an arbitrary length, say 1 minute 30 seconds overseas or something to make sure it gets done at a cheaper rate?  I keep seeing these jobs come up and if everybody got their default ebxtx autolevel max reset at 2 jobs like I was told when they did the last updates, why do ALL the jobs longer than that pop up and then out when I'm autoloading? And there was an 11-minute job down the line that is now gone and I see at least 3 jobs that I remember above that job are still there.  Does anybody understand how that happens?

Just speculation on my part but--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was noticing trends like that. It may have been happening for about a month or so before I received a call from my supervisor that my account was being completely offshored. I do not know if offshore was able to pick and choose what they wanted to do or what, but I am certain that either a supervisor was pulling chunks of preferred work and assigning it (I assumed it was an offshore supervisor) or not everybody had the same pooling as I did. Pay attention and try to get a secondary account with a lot of work and start getting accustomed to it now or, start looking for something else.

The swamis get to take - more than 2 at a time

[ In Reply To ..]
We are not working on a level playing field.

Work is pooled according to dictator - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
not date, time, length or anything else. I could prove it with a screenshot, but I would rather you just take my word for it. Also, QC used to be allowed to take reports when there was no QC work. Since I no longer work here, I am not sure if that is still the case. And, yes, supervisors can take chunks of work and send it offshore if they so desire. No, they won't be honest and tell you that's what they just did. They have many, many ways to manipulate things to their liking.

Similar Messages:

What Do You Suppose
Jan 04, 2013

When all these US MTSOs are hit by their clients with the demand that no work be outsourced off shore? If the trend in lawsuits continues, that could easily happen. along with that, what do you think will happen when the problems with EMR systems that don't include transcribed reports but only documents produced by the medical providers with point and click and fill in the blanks lead to law suits and illegal insurance claims? ...

To The Ex-POC - - Do You Suppose....?
Apr 06, 2015

... all the latest meddling with the pooling, plus the ongoing pay "reformulations" (cuts), are part of an ongoing scheme to finally drive US MTs out of the market altogether, so they can continue to whine that they would LIKE to hire American MTs but there just aren't any left? Or are they really THAT stupid that they think they can do all these things to destroy employee morale without driving away the few real quality employees that are still hanging in there? Stupidity, or a nefa ...

401 K Info Out, Better Than Nothing I Suppose
Mar 12, 2012

Ooh.  They are going to match 25% for the first 4%.  I realize that they took the match away years ago and right now anything is better than nothing, but really big V this is the best you can come up with?  Most companies at a minimum match 100% up to 3% and some match 100% up to 6% or more.  After that major letdown with the 401K he wants us to get excited about the benefits package in July?  If it is as huge a disappointment as the 401K he will not retain or ...

What Do You Suppose Happened....
Jun 24, 2013

Suppose I Should Have Known Better Than To Post Here
Dec 22, 2014

and expect anything even resembling understanding and kindness.  Shame on you all!!  And at Christmas, too!! ...

Do You Suppose MTs Will Flock To Write An Essay Just Like
Mar 23, 2010

MTs flocked to become MMEs? I'm sure they'd ding the essays for grammar too, if anyone on corporate staff could actually write correctly themselves. ...

Why Do You Suppose Dictators Just Continuously Mumble?
Aug 24, 2013

One of the doctors on my VR account, just mumbles his ENTIRE report every single time.  I mean, why would he do this when he KNOWS someone is having to transcribe it?  Perhaps he doesn't understand the concept of VR and doesn't realize that I receive this report full of complete nonsense, but even if he didn't, if you are SPEAKING and KNOWING that you expect a report out of this, why would you mumble the entire report?  It feels to me like a lack of disrespect, but ...

I Suppose This Means Training On EMR For Doctors, Nurses, PAs Etc...
Feb 12, 2010

Obama Administration to Announce  $975 Million in Health Grants  Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration today will announce $975 million in government grants to expand the use of technology in the health-care industry and train medical professionals to use new systems. The spending, part of the $862 billion economic stimulus legislation passed a year ago, will expand technology use at more than 100,000 hospitals, according to an administration official speaking on the c ...

Is "Neosporin" Suppose To Be All Caps? Nm
Mar 29, 2011

nm ...