A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Essay? I don't know whether to laugh or cry! - Daisy

Posted: Mar 22, 2010

Are they kidding?  How stupid is this proposed Essay contest?  We are asked to enter a contest and tell why FTR is a good thing and a move forward and will have a positive impact on patient care?  Are they nuts?  This is beyond stupid! 

How about asking for an essay on punishing MTs for asking for a second opinion, wanting another trained ear to listen so that patients are not given the incorrect medication or an incorrect diagnosis?  How about an essay on how the Q is ripping MTs off step-by-step, line-by-line?  How about an essay on outsourcing private medical documents with social security numbers to foreign countries?  How about an essay on MTs being made to transcribe for 10 or more different facilities a week with unfamiliar dictators and unfamiliar formats and then being punished with pay reductions if they ask QA for help?  

This is so stupid it makes me want to cry!

WTH? Are we in elementary school? - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
They never cease to amaze me. Dangle a little money in front of it and call it a contest. Don't do it. Don't put your name on anything! These weasels got it coming to them and they know it.

The more I think of this "essay" contest... - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
This is just so condescending to the American workers. Gee, let's have a pep rally to make our American ILP's happy and we'll give away cash prizes. They always like cash prizes. He!! They should give every American workerbee who is still slaving away for them at least $1000 each if not more. This whole thing just seems so sinister to me.

Similar Messages:

Low QA .Unless They Review More (laugh, Laugh)
Jun 05, 2015

Well, call me an idiot.  But unless they review another report for the payperiod I will be under the 99 for 2 weeks in a row.   Have been hitting the required mark for weeks on end, but... I think with work low I have been rushing and did make a couple of dumb mistakes.   When you do this on a 30 line report, well.... you know how it goes. Does this qualify you for action plan or anything. Or is it 3 strikes and you are out? ...

Please Help Me With My Essay
May 09, 2014

Can someone please help me finish my essay for Eye on Quality...here's what I have so far. Why I Love Being an MT for MModal Being an MT is the best job in the world!  The job itself is so rewarding, but working for MModal is like Eye-sing (get it!) on the cake!  With there hi standards, they can afford to higher the very best people (like me!).  I can't weight to get up in the morning to turn on my compuder to start my rewording day!  I have no trouble achieving ...

FTR Essay Contest
Mar 22, 2010

OH MY GOD!   The Q is having an essay contest about what is wonderful about FTR.  I just picked myself up off the floor because I was and still am laughing hysterically.  Nothing surprises me any more at the Q...  nothing!!! ...

On A Serious Note - FTR Essay -
Mar 22, 2010

Before you send in an essay with your name on it.  Think long about it.  There are a couple of issues: 1.  Taxes.  Think about how much you will have left after the taxes are taken out.  It won't be 1000 dollars.  2.  There are those of you on here talking about a union.  If any of you are serious about a union -- DO NOT sing praises about ANY MQ POLICIES.  It will come back to haunt you. 3.  Remember exactly what is going on in MQ r ...

They Sent Out An Essay Reminder
Mar 25, 2010

I just got an email in my MQ box "reminding" us about this "friendly" little essay contest that they are trying to  shove down our throats.  Apparently the response hasn't been overwhelming (gee, I wonder why) if they have to do that. I know it's hard for those of us trapped at MQ to hang on.  I am one of them too.  No jobs out there right now and I'm taking courses.  But I have to make something to somewhat survive so I have to stay. All I say is, make ...

That Winning Essay
Apr 03, 2010

I hope the winners are happy with their money.  Selling out their fellow MTs must come with great satisfaction.  To praise a program that takes money from a hard-working MT for not being able to understand some of the worst dictation ever recorded is a form of prostitution, only they are selling their souls instead of their bodies.  ...

MT Essay Contest
Apr 13, 2012

That we are not typists. This is something MTSOs need to realize. There is a skill set required here that goes beyond being a typist and speech recognition technology. That these are LEGAL documents and that the mistakes that go through all the time could be an issue because companies AND transcriptionists are being allowed to be brought to trial over errors in several states now. That we realize as soon as a machine can replace us, we'll be gone. That it makes me laugh that I re ...

Who Is Writing An Essay
Apr 24, 2012

I don't write essays very well, but this could get interesting. I'm mostly interested in the "How I Do It" essay. Maybe I could learn how to do this more efficiently...I don't particularly want to be mentored, so reading an essay might give me some better ideas. ...

Quality Essay
May 01, 2013

Is anyone having a problem coming up with words to write up a quality essay? They gave us the outline and everything, but they mention all their great tools, and I think of the report look up with all the errors, and think... Is this the quality you wanted?   I wanted to mention that penalizing us for QA use promotes poor quality, that putting us on a gazillion accounts promotes poor quality!   I guess I am just feeling to crabby today to write an essay. I just wish they did a ra ...

First Time Right Essay Contest
Apr 02, 2010

So to those of you who said don't enter....you were foolish...you could have gotten a $50 gift card...   Medquist is doing what it should be doing....providing quality to the facilities and the patients that we transcribe for!   My thoughts...   Benchmark KB is great....everything is at your fingertips now........   Google isn't always right.....remember that..... ...

What? No Reaction To The FTR Winning Essay?
Apr 02, 2010

I made the mistake of choosing to read it while eating my dinner.  Blecch.  It just sounds SOOO fake, so sickeningly sweet.  Notice how all the words are manipulated to make MQ sound so wonderful.  And who the heck calls Benchmark "Benchmark KB"?  KB?  Come on.  I have yet to see it even once referenced that way on this board by real MTs. Really smells like a suit to me.  Watch them use that winning essay in some publication or MQ adver ...

Participating In Essay Contests
May 05, 2013

I know that many of you need extra money but when you participate in things like company essay contests you demean and degrade MTs and what we do.  We are not high school students required to do what the teacher tells us.  We are adult employees who should not be asked to grovel for a chance to win a $100 gift certificate.  This is a way for this despicable company to get free marketing material without having to pay a copywriter to produce it.  ...

Do You Suppose MTs Will Flock To Write An Essay Just Like
Mar 23, 2010

MTs flocked to become MMEs? I'm sure they'd ding the essays for grammar too, if anyone on corporate staff could actually write correctly themselves. ...

Why Would We Write An Essay Praising A 3 Cent Cut
Mar 24, 2010

in pay for not guessing for a blank? What are they thinking?!?! ...

Hey, Forget All You Guys, I Am Writing Me One Heck Of An Essay.
Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!!    I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 1 ...

Idea For The Quality Essay (discussed In Threads Below)
May 05, 2013

Line rates: Why are experienced MTs being paid the same rates as newbies? These MTSOs state that an experienced MT should end up with more money because he/she is able to produce more lines than a newbie. I contest this by stating that experienced MTs are also producing HIGHER QUALITY lines and can do so with less help and less supervision (and, of course, much faster), and even if both the newbie and the experienced MT produced the same number of lines, since the experienced MT's lines ...

Last Laugh
Feb 15, 2010

Just venting a little.  Had a client that was constantly (almost daily) calling or emailing me they were missing charts and saying I had lost dictation.  After 2 years of this, we came to mutual termination one month ago.  I have gained back an hour of time per day chasing down charts that I know don't exist or fielding calls from several of their staff looking for that 'missing' dictation.  Hated to lose a client, but my days are now peaceful again.  Some ...

Just Had To Laugh
Mar 11, 2010

I just saw on here regarding transcription education.  They had it spelled as get  educatated! haha  ...

ASR Laugh For The Day
Jun 18, 2010

Dictator dictated flunisolide, ASR translated as penis alive ...

I Don't Know Whether To Laugh
Dec 27, 2011

As I was doing the "webinar" today on time clock procedures for the company that has bought the company that I have worked for for almost 10 years, I was cleaning out some paperwork.  I found my original contract, level 5 transcription . . . 9-1/2 cents per line (plus shift differential) almost 10 years ago Plus I think I got an additional bonus or something for being a CMT.  Off to cry in my coffee.  Oh what the heck, might as well laugh!! ...

My Laugh For The Day.
Dec 29, 2011

On the HuffPo front page, there is an article that reads "Dictator Convicted for Secret Hospital Torture Center." Oh good grief--that's just the Transcription Department!  ;-) ...

Sometimes We Just Need A Laugh
Jul 31, 2013

It will be sometime before our jobs are obsolete as editors..... "The patient needs continuous monitoring and breasts" lol             ...

Here's A Laugh
Mar 18, 2014

Here's something really funny! I'm looking for a job in my area and the place where I signed up for called me. I explained my situation to them. Then I said if they were from Nuance,I wouldn not work for them,either as one is just about the same as the other. Guess what? they hung up on me! Hilarious. ...

Laugh Of The Day
May 23, 2014

Quality (error-free documentation) In the first three months of 2014, we averaged 99.69% in the U.S. and 99.64% globally, which exceed 2013 numbers and the 98% industry standard set by AHIMA.  ...

VR Laugh Of The Day
Jan 21, 2015

ALLERGIES:  Mother. ...

Want A Good Laugh?
Mar 14, 2010

I have to say, this speech recognition is awful.  I am constantly correcting, but listen to this.  I just typed a report for a pt that had an allergic reaction to PEANUTS.  The VR stated that, "The patient had an allergic reaction to PENIS and that the patient stated this time HE did not feel that he had cross contamination to PENIS."  My goodness.  ...

Someone May Get A Good Laugh
Oct 28, 2010

This doctor plain as day said "circus senilis."  I could find no such thing.  I know about arcus senilis, but I thought who am I to say he doesn't know what he is talking about? So I looked up the word "circus."  The last meaning said "a ring or circlet", so I put what he said.  Either he is right or someone will get a good laugh, and I may get a black mark.   What do you think? Should I have just put arcus senilis and assume he made a mistake?  It was jus ...

A GOOD LAUGH
Nov 18, 2010

P.A. just dictated sclerae non-eccentric.  lol ...

Raises (don't Laugh, I'm Serious).
Jan 06, 2011

Has anybody asked their company for a raise within the last year and gotten one ?  Just curious.  ...

A Much Needed ASR Laugh
Oct 05, 2011

Correct:  The patient was anesthetized with rocuronium.   ASR:  The patient was anesthetized with a rock thrown at him.  I guess you could do it that way.    ...