A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How many lines per hour is normal? - me

Posted: Mar 23, 2013

Just wondering. I always typed either per minute or per page.

Normal or Expected? - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, most places expect 150 lph on a 65-character per line scale for full time people. With ASR, it's getting harder and harder to achieve that, but not impossible. There are too many variables to decide what is normal, and also, the expectations are a little different from company to company, employee or IC, etc.

ASR - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Everybody uses abbreviations and I have no idea what that is.

Automated Speech Recognition - ASR

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Normal for me - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
150 lines per hour is bare minimum. 200 is more "normal" and 350 is my power hour (no stopping and no distractions) speed.

There are, however, people who do 300-400 and even higher lph on a regular basis, I'm just not one of them!!

same as normal for me - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine is the same as normal for me. My LPH for this past week was 205 and it can be higher; but it can also be lower at times if I have a really bad dictator and have a lot of blanks. I will spend more time (probably too much) trying to get rid of as many of them as I can and unfortunately my LPH takes a hit

My averages, and a question for 2 previous posters - In-house MT, for the moment

[ In Reply To ..]
Were the ranges you mentioned for straight typing or ASR editing?

Myself, I average about 200 LPH straight typing and about 285 editing ASR.

As everyone above has said, though, it varies wildly from job to job, depending on the quality of the dictation. I regularly get one dictator who drags me down to 150 LPH editing ASR, and back when I was doing more straight typing, I could do over 300 LPH on really good dictators.

There are other big variables, too, like: Are you paid for spaces? Headings? Are you on one account or bounced around, and how extensive and time-consuming are the account specifics?

Sadly, my in-house job is about to end, so I'll probably be making minimum wage unless I get into a different field.

Similar Messages:

Is $12/hour The Normal Rate For QA? Seems Kinda Low, But I'm Nm
Apr 26, 2012

ssss ...

VR - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Do? (sm)
Jan 21, 2010

With decades of experience as an MT, I'm just now getting into VR. I'd like to know, if you would please care to share, just how many lines per hour you are able to get with VR. I know this varies from person to person and platform to platform, but please, help me out with this! I'm terrified I'm going to go broke doing this! Thanks in advance. ...

VR - Lines Per Hour
Feb 05, 2010

I don't have much to compare to, as this is the only company I've worked for as an editor. I wanted to get an idea of the different platforms we each use and our lines per hour. Talking only about editing and not straight typing, what do you average lph and what platform do you use?  Thank you!  ...

How Many Lines Per Hour?
Sep 15, 2010

Trying to get an idea of how much I should be aiming for (working on building my speed).  How many lines per hour do you average?  (No VR or anything like that...just normal transcription).   Thanks!! ...

QA Pay Other Than By Lines Or By Hour
Dec 08, 2010

Hi! Just wanted to know... I have been told by others who are QA/editors that you dont always get paid by the line or by hour... some places pay them differently.  I dont understand how else you can get paid, that doesnt make any sense to me.  Anyone know anything about this?  I want to be an editor eventually but would like to at least make more than what I did when I transcribe.  thoughts? Thanks! Jiles ...

OTI Lines Per Day/hour - Sm
Feb 10, 2011

What is reasonable on the new account for which they are hiring?  Any feedback is appreciated. ...

350 Lines/hour
Jul 09, 2011

I was just offered a position with a company requiring 350 lines/hour.  Is this easily achievable.  My current line count is usually between 200-250. ...

QA Lines Per Hour/day
Nov 17, 2011

I have been promoted to QA and was wondering what the average line count you that do QA get in an hour or a day. I have been doing this for a few months and I am making about the same amount of money per month as I was with MT. Am I being too slow? I am afraid to speed it up for fear of missing something. My workload is about 50% fill in blanks and scan and 50% listen and read along full audit stuff. Right now I am averaging 400 to 450 lines an hour or 3200 to 3600 a day. I was hoping to make a ...

VR/ASR Lines Per Hour
Jan 04, 2012

My accounts were recently switched from typing to mostly ASR...I'm really struggling here!  It seems like I take longer to edit jobs than to type them out. (Of course, it would help if the ASR program was more accurate). Why is this so hard for me?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.     ...

ASR Lines Per Hour
Jul 10, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the average lines per hour average for either Nuance or MModel ...

400 Lines An Hour?
Jul 31, 2014

I'm just thinking back to that whoever person that posted on here about a week or two ago that says he or she easily makes $16 to $18 an hour at Nuance and has plenty of work and always gets paid on time.  A lot of replies said the poster is probably a fake and is someone from Nuance management or human resources who is desperate for people to hop on board.  I posted that it would be impossible to make $16 as an MT at Nuance, for you'd have to be nearly bionic in terms of yo ...

Lines Per Hour
Aug 10, 2014

How many lines per hour do you average doing straight typing?  I used to get paid by the hour.  The job I'm interviewing for is straight typing.   I know many factors come into play, but what is average? ...

Lines Per Hour Requirements
Jul 27, 2010

Can someone please tell me the lines per hour requirements as an MME for each of the following?  Thank you, I do not have e-mail with those requirements and needed to know.   Thanks again!!     TranscriptionASR/editing whatever they call itStraight QA   ...

To Get Decent Lines An Hour
Aug 04, 2010

Hi, I seem to struggle with line counts (a few years into MTing).  Some accounts I am fine with and some very slow.  Because of the nature of the work (and working from home), I have no way to gauge if the faster accounts are just abnormally easy or the slower accounts are abnormally hard.  - Do you all (who have decent line counts) feel like you are moving like a mad person or just moving along at a decent pace? Any ideas on how to tell what my issues are or what the scoop is?&n ...

Lines Per Hour - 65 Keystrokes Per Lin
Oct 01, 2010

I'm new at my first job.  I'm not earning much.  How many lines (at 65 keystrokes) should I be realistically be doing per hour?  Thanks ...

HOW MANY ASR LINES CAN YOU EDIT PER HOUR?
Jan 28, 2012

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how many lines on average would you say you can edit with ASR per hour?  I think the most I have ever been able to do was around 250 myself.  I just wondered how I measured up with other MTs with the ASR jobs.  I remember a couple of years ago not long after MQ started up with ASR getting a company email describing an MT (no name was given) who could edit over 600 lines per hour and over 400 with straight transcription.   ...

Is This Required Lines Of 186/hour New?
Jul 22, 2012

I've been MIA for 2 weeks but may have to return to work tomorrow....sigh.   I was checking emails and saw the line requirement.  ...

When Did The Minimum LPH (Lines Per Hour) Go To 186?
Jan 29, 2013

OK...someone enlighten me please.  When did the minimum LPH go to 186?  Did I miss something in any of the various webinars?   Work faster, produce more lines, work more efficiently, make less errors, correct the MDs errors, work outside your shift regularly if you run out of work on regular shifts, help your fellow employees -- all for less pay. I'm ABSOLUTELY frustrated :( ...

Computing Lines Per Hour.
Mar 03, 2013

What are your lines per hour being computed on, total system hours or total clocked hours? I think it used to be total system hours, which are usually less  than clocked hours, meaning a higher line count per hour. ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Minimum Lines Per Hour For PT Are?
Jun 16, 2013

Was it 125 or 150? Thanks! ...

Nuance Lines Per Hour
Sep 19, 2013

Does anyone know how Nuance figures lines per hour.  We just moved to production pay and I'll be damned if I can figure out how they determine LPH.  What I see in EditScript and what they tell me are completely different but there is no rhyme or reason to it.  Seems like a crap shoot - I never know how I'm doing.  Thanks for any input.  ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...

How Do You Calculate How Many Lines You Type Per Hour?
Sep 19, 2010

I have heard that some companies expect you to type a minimum of 150 lines/hr.  How do you calculate how many lines you type per hour? ...

Webmedx/Nuance Lines Per Hour
Nov 18, 2011

How many lines per hour are most people averaging right now on this platform? I am getting a mixture of straight type /VR that varies daily. They have not shown us any reports of how everyone is doing as a group. I don't think I can make the quota in 8 hours to qualify for benefits. I am trying.  We have open enrollment for insurance ending November 30.  The 1st week in December, they will tell us what the pay plan is for the future.  Granted, insurance ra ...

VR Can Tell Me Approximately Low Many Lines You Are Averaging Per Hour?
Jan 30, 2013

I was wondering if any of the larger producers of VR can tell me approximately low many lines you are averaging per hour.  I can't get past 400 no matter how I try.  Thanx ...

Escription Users: Is It Possible To Do 400 Lines An Hour
Apr 24, 2013

Have not done VR since I worked for the M. Is the above platform easy to use because you would have to be flying through reports at today's going pay rates. ...

Lines Per Hour And Crappy Platform. Sm
Mar 16, 2014

I just want to know how to keep lines per hour up if they can't even fix flaws in their software.  This is like expecting a car mechanic to fix a car without the proper tools, like a surgeon without his instruments, like a pianist without a piano, like a photographer without film, like a painter without paint, like a gas station attendant without a pump, like a seamstress without a needle, like a mailman without mail, like a skydiver without a parachute, l ...

Required Lines Per Hour VR From Companies
Mar 25, 2014

I need some information on what companies require for LPH for VR.  The place I work for requires an insane amount.  I more than likely am going to get raked over the coals this week for not meeting my quota (it is over 500 lines an hour).  Any information would be helpful to present to HR.  ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

How Many Lines Required An 8-hour Shift For Editing?
Feb 21, 2010

Does any one have any requirements for editing for an 8-hr shift?  I know for straight typing is usually required to type 1200-1500.  Thanks in advance. ...