A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Passed the CPC-H certification! - cjjmt

Posted: Sep 25, 2012

I just got my results in the mail from AAPC that I passed the certification exam for CPC-H! I have been an MT for decades and when my last in-house MT job was outsourced, I decided I'd better get moving on to coding.

Coding is very difficult and I had quite a time completing the online CPC-H course offered by AAPC. I started in the Spring and just got certified. I want all the MTs out there to know that terminology, A&P are helpful to already know! It was not easy to get this certification and unless you are currently taking a course or newly certified, I don't see how anyone could comment on coding in general, outsourcing coding or offshoring coding. I was the only one testing for CPC-H and there were 12 others testing for CPC at the exam. I thought I would have a better chance of finding a job in my area if I had outpatient coding and ambulatory surgery coding under my belt.  For MTs debating about whether to start a coding course, any coding course, it is possible to transition.

Congratulations, CJJMT! - Andrews Grad

[ In Reply To ..]
Great Work!

Congratulations! - squarepeg

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Good for you!!!! Congratulations! - Coder

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of hard work went into that, I know. Congratulations to you!

Awe - so happy for you!!! Congrats!!!! - student - MT to coder

[ In Reply To ..]
You did great!!! Congratulations. As a student also transitioning from MT to coder, it was an inspiration to read your post. Good luck with your new career.

Similar Messages:

I Passed!!
Mar 18, 2011

Just wanted to pass on the word that I passed the CPC this past Saturday.   To those of you who don't know me from prior posts, I took the Andrews School coding course and am a former MT of many years. ...

I Passed The CCS!
Jan 04, 2013

I passed the CCS exam yesterday!  Students out there, it can be done.  Now onto the job search, a whole other thing completely, but for now, just trying to recover and let it sink in.  I have been studying at Andrews for a whole year towards this goal and now it's here.  Thanks Andrews staff and students for all the support! ...

Catchup Passed!
Jan 12, 2010

Hi everyone, I have great news. I have passed my final exam with honours! I received a 98% on objective and 96% on practical. For those who know me, I was really getting nervous about graduating from my course, but I did it. Because of my final mark I qualify for a job placement (100-hour practicum), so I am just waiting to hear what company I will be placed with...what I great way to start my 2010! Thanks for all of your support, it really did help me! Catchup- ...

Past/Passed
May 21, 2010

Rigor mortis had passed/past in all extremities. ...

Past/passed Help Please
Jul 19, 2010

used a 5-French Glide catheter and thru this passed a Spartacore wire into the popliteal artery past the stenosis.....Is this correct or am I losing my mind with these passed/past??? ...

I Passed My RDA Practical!
Dec 23, 2010

Just got notice I passed the practical for dental assisting.   Now I'm too excited to sit here and work :) Plan on taking the written test next month and then I'm out of here!!!  It hasn't been easy going to school and scraping by here, but I have to pay the bills.  I'm leaving transcription kicking and screaming.  At my age, I thought I would be doing this 'til the end of my working days.  So sad. ...

I Passed My CPC! Yeah! - Sm
Jul 14, 2011

Now the hard part - finding a job!  Very glad the testing is over - phew! ...

Passed Testing
Sep 19, 2011

I just passed testing with Breitner.  I am excited about being offered a position with standard transcription.  Anyone willing to share good/bad?  I would like to accept their offer, but now-a-days quite a nervous nelly.  Just have to work 15 more years until retirement and would love that to be with one more company!  And before anyone says it, I have researched the archives......  ...

Passed The CCS Today
May 01, 2012

Well I passed the CCS today but didn't think I was going to as I didn't feel like it was going very well. I am an Andrews grad but have not worked as a coder so far. ...

Bill Passed
Mar 31, 2014

nm ...

Has Anyone Passed These Audits?
Apr 02, 2014

I have yet to pass one, how the heck, with say 3 minor errors can you possible pass these things? I want to quit so badly but have no prospective jobs. So the question boils down to basically, is at what percentage of errors are they firing people? 99.5, 99 what? I just cannot see how this is possible to do. My thoughts are that they are going to try this stupid goal and see who comes the closest to the 99.7% unrealistic BS and keep them. I also cannot see how the Indians are doing this, s ...

Any One Tested And Passed
Apr 18, 2014

from recent ad? Any action after that? Thanks.   ...

Passed The CPC Exam, What Next?
Aug 11, 2014

I have been an MT for nine years and recently decided to take the CPMC course which ended in June.  I passed my CPC exam on the first try and have sent out almost 80 resumes (I kid you not) and have not been able to get a job.  Does anyone know of any companies that hire remote entry level coders with a strong medical background?  My frustration level is at its max and I am so discouraged... ...

For Those Who Passed The CCS Exam On The First Try....
Aug 28, 2014

I just received word from my tribe they are assisting me in paying for this exam.  So, it is imperitive that I pass this test.  I graduated Andrews about a year ago and because I just couldn't afford to take the exams, I didn't becomes certified.  I do know it would probably be best to sit for the CPC first, but I am a person who would rather do the hardest first and since my tribe will help, this is the direction I have decided to go.     I am worried since ...

Counted The Ones Who Passed
Feb 11, 2015

in my pod from the list they sent out.  Two-thirds passed, one-third failed.  (I was in the fail group).  Let the Indians do it and see how they score.  I hate this BS ...

Does MQ Let You Know If You Passed Or Failed Their Test?
Oct 03, 2010

Took the test a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.  Does anyone know if they advise you of a pass/fail, or do you only hear from them if you pass and are offered a position? TIA? ...

Past/passed Sludge
Jan 23, 2011

Acute pancreatitis - rule out past/passed sludge.  ??   Is it past or passed?  Thanks ...

Passed Up A Great Job Offer
Feb 19, 2013

I had a job offer with a local hospital as a transcriptionist making 15.37 an hour which would be a raise from my dead end job I have now of scheduling. I have been a transcriptionist for 14 years and had to take a totally different job just to get a paycheck when our department was outsourced last year. So on a whim I applied when I saw a job opening at the same hospital that outsourced the entire transcription department. I was offered the job and accepted it but my husband was so stressed abo ...

L Just Passed My Finals With CareerSteps
Apr 23, 2013

I just passed my finals with CareerSteps. Are there jobs out there for someone like me being new? I am a disabled Veteran and would like to work for the VA Hospital here in Denver or is it better to work independently as a contractor? Thanks!! ...

Anyone Out There Recently Passed The Mttest.com
Mar 07, 2014

HELP? Has anyone out there recently passed the mttest.com (created by Career Step) that most all companies are utilizing to prescreen their candidates? I am a Career Step graduate (high honors) with many years� experience working for a very large global transcription company; yet I cannot seem to pass the aforementioned test to save my life. I find this strange for the following reasons: 1. I passed the same (or nearly the same) test, on the 1st try, with a 99% combined score t ...

LANDesk Deadline Has Passed
Oct 17, 2014

The LANDesk deadline has passed.  Has anyone NOT downloaded it?     ...

MT Certification Help!
Mar 07, 2010

I have set my goal to become certified after being a transcriptionist for 5 years. I wondered if anyone knew of any good study guide or books that may have helped them? I have been to ADHI and they have a monthly course I was considering. ...

CMT Certification
Mar 31, 2010

Just talked to sup and was informed that MTs who get certified will make a whopping half cent per line more!  ..... ROFL ...

Certification?
Apr 27, 2010

I took online coding program years ago as well as an MT program.  I decided to go into MT but am wanting to start back up with coding again.  Is it worth it to do another coding program or to pursue a certification?  I'm not sure the money I'd need to spend would really justify either.  I've been doing a lot of research and while certification is preferred, it's not always a requirement in job descriptions.  Thanks ...

Certification Or Not?
Aug 19, 2010

With all the news about AHDI MT certifications and such, is anyone not certified taking steps to get certified? I find this very frustrating. I have been in the business 15 years and have leared on the job. Not sure what to do? ...

Certification
Aug 11, 2014

Ok my certification is due in a few months and I'm tired of paying dues to Recertify.  I feel it is not benefitting me at all.  I haven't had a pay raise in years and I'm getting extremely frustrated.  Any advice appreciated! ...

Has Anyone NOT Passed The Background Check For Diskriter? Sm
May 05, 2011

I assume they would let you know.   I was hired, but never heard back from them after that.  I know that my credit score is pretty bad right now ... hope that did not cost me a job.    Still, I would think they would let me know. ...

Inscribe - Took Their Test Last Fall And Passed It
May 30, 2012

I took their test last fall and passed it and was called immediately.  I was told I would be up and running in 2 weeks or less.  First it was calls from different Indian tech people asking for the same paperwork over and over and after the install date came and went twice, I gave up.  They emailed me 8 weeks ago and asked me again to come on board, told them what happened last time and they swore they had all that straightened up now.  It took them a month just to get back to me about a star ...

Completed The CPC-H Course And Passed Final Exam
Aug 12, 2012

I just passed the final exam for the AAPC CPC-H course! After completing the 24 chapters, one just have to take the test; I waited and stressed out about it, but then finally decided on a day and took the final. I am an MT with decades of experience who got outsourced yet again and had my pay cut in half.  I am extremely glad I have a chance at another career, even if I am in my late 50s. What can I lose? ...

Accentus - Passed Test, Had First Interview
Nov 02, 2012

Called recruiter and was told interview was fine, hours were fine, they were just waiting to see if they needed the staff for a new account.  Ok, that makes sense.  At least I won't run out of work (at least I assume they have a good grip on their accounts).  So, then I see another posting on jobs board that they are hiring.  What's up?  Is it worth it for me to pursue this?  I currently work for a terrible company that I shall not name and I don't th ...