A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Company bought out by Medquist-Question transition? - ??

Posted: Aug 24, 2011

I was just notifed by my company that I am working at that MedQuist has bought them out and will be taking over as of the middle of next month.  We already use DocQscribe so am wondering if anyone else has gone through a similar process.  Does it go smooth, is is awful, good, etc.  Any information is helpful.  Thanks.

.... - same story different day

[ In Reply To ..]
It will be ok for awhile, but then you'll be blended in to the rest of the sweat shop, unfortunately. I don't know anything more than that as a former Spheris employee, other than you would be better off as a door greeter at walmart after that period of time, and that's the sad truth. All your knowledge as an MT will be worthless. Work will all go to india in the end because they own most of the company. Sad day.

Very sorry -- especially if you liked your job very much. - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

company bought out by MQ - beware

[ In Reply To ..]
Just be prepared for the worst and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse it will.

I know that's really pessimistic, but MQ doesn't care about the welfare of its MTs, only what they can make off of their backs for upper management. They don't want to share the wealth. They expect the MTs just to be grateful for a job, which I am grateful I do have a job, but how you're treated will not show up in your pay check as noted by many, many pay cuts. They cut our salaries so they can buy their multi-million companies. It's the world of business with the greedy at the top wanting more and more from those below who actually make their salaries.

You'd do well to update your resume and start looking and/or consider getting out of this business altogether and/or go back to school. If you want to take the chance and work for them just be looking all the while because there will come the day, probably sooner than you'd like, that you will see their agenda.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it turns out okay for you. I will tell you this, though, the stress this company puts you under is not worth it.

Sorry to say that was the beginning of the end for me a few years back. sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
Was told everything would stay the same but of course it did not. I stuck it out with MQ for 2 years hoping it would get better but it got worse and worse and I made less and less. The day I gave my notice was a happy day and my only regret was that I did not leave the day MQ took over. I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Sorry also. - Mind made up

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an employee for Medquist for 4 years now, and my pay has been cut 3 times. I can't take care of myself and 2 kids on my own with the horrible salary that I now make. The only reason I am still with the company is that I am going back to school (not in the transcription industry) for a few years, and need this job until I am finished. The others are right, it only gets worse and worse.

Gets worse and worse, and then when you think sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
it can't get any worse....it gets worse. Horrible, horrible company and do not deserve the sweat and tears of the talented USA MT's that still work for them! I wish the best to all the All Type MT's, you all deserve so much better than MQ....
Work for both MQ and All Type - SuperStarMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for both MQ and All Type. The line rate at MQ is actually much better than All Type. MQ pays for all the spaces, carriage returns and also pays for all the standards used in the reports. I hope I get to move to the MQ pay line for all my work as it will be much better for me.

I am not sure why everyone is always so negative on here. Try to look at the bright side of things for once!!!
No bright side. - radMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was one of the original MQ "cheerleaders" from 1997 until last month, when they dumped me for no reason. There is absolutely no bright side to this company and if you think there is, as I once did, you are in for a huge surprise.
You are one of the lucky ones then, but for me (sm) - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]
I could not find a bright side once MQ took over. What really got me was during my tele exit interview she actually had the nerve to offer me a raise after I had practically begged for one for 3 years and got every excuse in the book for not getting one, jumping from hoop to hoop and then another excuse not to get a raise. I am not a negative person, but boy when I think about my last 3 years with MQ I do feel negative, and I never found that bright side you speak of. I hope things stay good for you though but I would not get too cozy.
Reply to lazy and negative - Kitty
[ In Reply To ..]
I am far from lazy or negative, but enough is enough. We had so much work that I worked for weeks on end without a full day off. I finally took a couple days off for my son's wedding and came back to learn they had moved our team global. They left us hanging for weeks and then said we were getting a new account. Well the new account was HORRIBLE, bad files, dictators dictating in Spanish, just impossible. My QA was always at 99 or better and I was always above production until this mess. I finally gave notice and they asked me not to quit, they would give me another account and I said okay. I was told I would hear from this other CCM, after 2 weeks, I never heard from her though I emailed and called her myself. Oh, and that new account they put us all on, within 3 weeks, everyone was OOW all over again.
To be honest, I used to think this board was just too negative until most everythig I read on here happened to me and the team I was on. Like one poster said, you should not get too cozy, it is coming your way.
pay is still pathetic - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
You think 4 cpl is "actually much better?" Than what pray tell? The pay is pathetic in every company and MQ and ADHI are the big instigators of lowering our pay. All the companies fall in line behind MQ. When MQ cut ASR compensation from 80% to 70%, so did everybody else. When they cut it again from 70% to 60% so did everybody else. When MQ eliminated bonuses and incentives the other companies- you get the point. Why? Because they can. Because they know no other competitor can compete with MQ rock bottom prices earned off the backs of their slave MTs and by selling out to India. Instead of being a leader in the industry and saying, no we will pay our MTs a wage that is above minimum wage and maybe encouraging the other companies to raise the wages they go to the lowest common denominator.

Do you want to know why everyone is so negative? We got sold a loser scheme called ASR that was supposed to increase production and help make more money- oh it made more money, we just don't see it, the company keeps it. We also were told by ADHI that India would not take our jobs and they are. Then we get cheerleaders on this board who tell us to quit whining or be positive or that we are just lazy. The reality is my paychecks were double/triple 5 years ago what I made today and I work harder now than I did then. Obviously you are happy making minimum wage, I know I am worth more than that.

DQS Is Great at MQ - MQMT65

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no problems at MQ. DQS is great, ASR is paid at a lower rate ... but it is paid at a lower rate everywhere, not a MQ thing. My supervisor is awesome and I always have work. You are definitely going to get alot of negative feedback about MQ, as there are a lot of lazy and negative people out here ... but take it from one of the good MTs, it is great!

LOL - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Who gives you the right to assume that everybody is lazy and perhaps there is a reason people are negative. Perhaps your reports are some of the ones that we other good MTs see in the samples people just fly through and don't really edit much and that is maybe why you are making so much doing ASR.

Wow, stick a pin in your head and deflate that ego a bit.

Not lazy but very negative - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell me how you stay positive when you're making less money than you made 20 years ago. True for a lot of us. And by the way, it's probably going to get worse.

My supervisor - Food Stamps

[ In Reply To ..]
is not awesome and I am frequently out of work. Guess that makes me lazy and negative and not a good MT. My bad.

No problems - not in north apparently

[ In Reply To ..]
Its great for you because you have work! There are a lot of people who have not had a lot a work in a while! What the heck is your problem saying that those MTs are lazy! Some of us dont have the amazing supervisor you have and the gravy accounts you have. Just because some of us are negative does not make us lazy. Obviously this company made us this way!

Medquist - Lindyt

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh you poor little thing. They will cut your pay and they will look to get rid of as many of you as possible. it is their ultimate goal to send most if not all work overseas. Do not stray from your assigned work time, move up as many tiers as you can, get your line count up, make sure your accuracy is up to or over 99.2%, and watch your coworkers leave in droves. Other than that you should be fine.

company bought out by MQ - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I have experienced just about everything all of you here are talking about. The only reason I hung on was I DID have an awesome supervisor. I stuck it out through the stress of the buyout, 2 pay cuts, but the last straw was the day my account went overseas. Fortunately, that was just the day before I had to give a yes/no answer to my now full time employer, and it pretty much mad the decision easier. I had been that account for 10 years, and that was the only reason I made any money at all. SR is a joke, or at least the pay part of it is. MQ waited a few months before the nasty crap began... then just as I had breathed a sigh of relief, and finally bought the new-to-me vehicle I needed, thus taking on a car payment.. WHAM-the first pay cut hit. My biggest regret-not going to the job I have now when the company offered me a position nearly 5 years ago!!! Thinking how much I would be making by now! I am not lazy, and not negative. I worked OT whenever it was needed, hardly ever took time off, NEVER called in sick or with family issues. So if some folks out there are happy at the Q I wish for your continued happiness. However, I won't be too surprised to see you on here in a few months saying something completely different. I too used to think some of the people on here were whiners or lazy, but then the BAD stuff started happening to me and others I knew. So assuming those so-called happy employees are not Q management in cognito, good luck!

Similar Messages:

ETransPlus Been Bought Out By Medquist. Oh Yay. Nm
Oct 03, 2011

nm ...

Execuscribe Bought Out By Medquist ?
Dec 01, 2011

some MTs have already gotten their 'bye-bye' letters to end contracts.    ...

M-Modal Is Getting Worse Since Medquist Bought The
Aug 19, 2011

company.  I think I would be so ashamed to be associated in any way with this program that I would consider quitting.  I know they make money, but the garbage they are turning out is the poorest quality I have ever seen.  I thought they hired an MLS to be on their staff, but obviously she is not or does not know anything about transcription.  The owners certainly do not care as long as they get their money.  There is no way to get any speed with editing on that platform ...

Medquist M*Modal Bought My Employer Today
May 18, 2012

Medquist just bought the company I work for today. Do they do IC or employees? I know there is a lot of stuff out there on Medquist, and I tend to believe it, but does anyone have; how long before volume of work goes down on your account (presumably shipping lines over to the motherland Indian), and when does pay get adjusted downward (this ALWAYS happens in mergers, I have seen it twice). What is the transition period of time before they take the reins, essentially. I have heard for over a deca ...

The Company I Work For Was Bought Out By MD-IT. Sm
Jun 24, 2010

They so far have changed payroll, but not for ICs.  Now they are doing a webinar, but ICs are not included. I'm thinking they're either going to get rid of ICs, or make us become employees or walk.  Anyone have experience with MD-IT buying out the company you work for as an IC? ...

Didn't OSi Get Bought Out By Another Company?
Oct 13, 2010

Or am I thinking of a different company cuz I see they are hiring? ...

My Company Is Being Bought Out By Keystrokes
Mar 31, 2011

My company is being bought out by Keystrokes.  Do any of you currently work for Keystrokes?  If so, what do you think about the company?  Should I be worried? ...

The Company I Worked For Was Bought Out By MQ
Nov 10, 2011

a little over a month ago.  Guess what, started running out of work yesterday.  Already out of work today, 4 hours into my shift.   Has the fun started? ...

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

Nuance Bought OSI And Keystrokes Bought Chartnet This Week. Any Others? Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Nuance bought Encompass recently, too.  I heard they are buying all the eScription companies.  I bet that Keystrokes gets bought by MQ soon.  What the heck is going on with all these companies buying each other?  Will there be anyone left?  ...

My Company Is Dissolving. My Option Is To Work For Medquist...
Nov 10, 2009

I have worked for the same company for the last 5 years but found out today that we are losing our biggest client to MedQuist so they are dissolving the transcription department at my company. They are offering an option to work for MedQuist.  I am skeptical as I have read so many bad things about the company; but, I'm curious if there are genuinely happy people also that work for MedQuist.  I only have a week to make a decision and I'm hoping to make an informed one.  T ...

MT In Transition
Apr 27, 2011

I work for Precyse, and they are now sending the 3rd new account in my region over to India, and we are constantly without work anymore.  I have applied for a job with Transcend Services.  Can anyone tell me about this company please?  First and foremost, do you run out of work very often?  ...

Something To Transition To!!!!
Dec 24, 2011

Is your MT career dead? Don't know what to do? Here's the NEXT BIG THING! And you get to still stay at home! hmmm, I wonder if I can hook my headset up to my phone.... LOL  =]   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/phone-sex-moms_n_1166075.html?1324589894&ncid=webmail19 ...

Transition
Jan 16, 2014

How does one make the transition over to acute care with no acute care experience. All the jobs I see want acute care. I fully understand that. I am willing to make the transition if someone would give me a chance. I ran into this as a new MT back 4 years ago. I have clinic experience, but no acute care experience.  I'm looking for jobs daily as I lost my job 2 weeks ago due to electronic records. I need to work as bills are stacking up.  What companies hire for clinic work, wil ...

Transition To Third Shift
Feb 02, 2011

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone who works or has worked third shift in the past could share with me any advice they might have. I have always worked first shift, but I have been offered a really terrific position working third shift on the weekends, and I am finding myself wanting to give it a try. I know it would be a difficult transition at first, and I would need to focus on taking good care of myself. If anyone has any advice, I would so greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advanc ...

Transition From MT To Coding...
Mar 17, 2011

I'm thinking of making the jump after years (22+) in MT and LT and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to go about doing this.  I have found a couple of prep courses for the CCP exam, but it would be nice if I could hear some actual experiences that people have had with some of the actual courses out there.  It would be great if you could provide links to the places that y'all have gone to.  Feel free to e-mail me if you'd prefer.  Tha ...

Nervous Transition
Oct 21, 2011

I have come into transciption within the past four years. This is something I have always wanted to do and finally found a way to get into the field. There does not seem to be alot of money in straight typing, and less in VR. I have always made incentive, but still - its just not enough and I work very hard to get that. Right now, I work for a company with straight typing only, no VR. I am taking a position with a company that has VR and it sounds to me like the position is pre ...

DSG - Hows The Transition Going?
Mar 07, 2012

Haven't seen any recent threads lately and just wondered how everyone was doing? Are things getting better for everyone? Were you able to get back on original accounts before the change? I read a thread on here a couple weeks back where people had been kinda shuffeled around and was wondering had it gotten any better for you all. ...

CMTs Who Transition
Mar 20, 2012

Will you or have you let your CMT expire? ...

How Long Did Your Transition Take?
Jul 19, 2013

For those of you who worked for a hospital department that went to an MTSO, how long did the transition take? We received the notice the beginning of 11/10 and they're still not fully transitioned. The first MTSO was swallowed up by a 2nd MTSO. It's possible by Sept we'll be on Powerscribe and then my job will end. P-scribe was not supposed to be the platform in the first place either. I was kept on as an IC to help with the transition. There have been countless tech problems ...

Transition From MT To Coding
Sep 19, 2013

A question for anyone. Would you enroll in a community college program for medical coding at 57 knowing it would cost 5 grand to complete the course, and also with the knowledge that there are very few if any entry-level positions available in coding on the west coast. I see positions for in-house MT's and coders alike in other parts of the country all the time, but not so much on the west coast. I'm torn about this question, whether the commitment required would be worth it as I ...

Transition To Nuance
Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks ...

VR Editing Transition
Aug 06, 2014

Need some help here. I'm a small MTSO and have done straight transcription for almost 20 years.  I am in danger of losing my biggest client which will throw most of my subs out of work.  I've been scrambling to come up with ways to keep this account and have emailed the practice manager about ways that we could still help.  They are going to EMR and will be deploying Dragonspeak for the doctors.  Many of the doctors have nasty accents and I can only imagine what th ...

EditScript Transition
Aug 28, 2014

How long does it take for reports to transition from typed to edited when first being introduced to EditScript?  Its been almost 4 weeks and 90% or more of the jobs in my account are still straight typing.  Rarely do I see an edit job in the queue.  No one is saying how long such a transition takes.  Just wondering if anyone here has experience with their account going to editing and how long it took before they were actually doing editing instead of typing.  ...

EKG . . . . Late R Wave Transition
Jan 22, 2010

"Baseline EKG shows . . . . late R wave transition?" ...

Career Transition Idea
Jan 21, 2011

I came across this idea when looking for ideas to branch out from doing MT. A local technical school in my area offers a certification degree for a respiratory therapist. In doing some research, this doesn't sound that bad. You basically work with patient's who have trouble breathing, asthma, COPD, etc. Learn how to use all the oxygen breathing equipment and such, learn how to respond to a patient who might be coding and give proper airway support. It sounded a lot harder than it looks ...

MT Transition To Physician Assistant
Mar 05, 2011

I am considering this.  I am interested in biology and medicine, but do not want to be a nurse.  Anyone know about physician assistant's courses, how rigorous they are, how expensive and how much time it takes to complete them?  I am in the middle of getting my associates degree right now in general studies.  The original plan is going for a masters in social work, but biology and medicine is holding my interest at this point, so wondering if I should switch majors.  ...

M-Modal Meeting For DSG Transition
Feb 08, 2012

Well, I see MQ is still touting the fact that we can produce more with ASR.  Some things never change.  If I had had notice that DSG was selling out from under us, I'd have started seriously looking for another job a long time ago.  Not to mention 3 cpl less for QA submissions over 5%.  Same ol' place I left all those years ago that I swore i wouldn't go back to.  Actually, I didn't, I was just sort of "put" there.  Have choices, though, and have ...

Back-and-forth Transition Dance
Jun 17, 2012

So can someone tell me exactly why, after all the hype and cheerleading and 3 weeks of transition-from-Bayscribe-to-BeyondTXT craziness (bye-bye production, hello short paycheck!), now--with very little explanation--we've been told we're going back to square one and it was all for naught?  I'd sure like to know!          ...

DocuScribe Transition Question
Oct 22, 2012

I am typing on a platform from my old company.  Got an email today that we will start transitioning soon and training for DocuScribe.  Can someone whose been through this tell me how long it took to transition their account?  Really dreading this ... ...