A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A Disgusting Thought!! - Excuse Me???

Posted: Jun 29, 2012

You know how we supposedly don't get paid something or other about the headers being the mandatory headers on the left side of the document in DocQScribe?  Now that they are putting already typed standards over there on the side do for the physical exam and review of systems do we not get paid for that?  I notice they have the little || signs when you pull them in.  I have a sickening feeling this means we are not going to be getting paid to do the PE and ROS anymore.  Could I be correct about this?

So much for clarity - right there with you

[ In Reply To ..]
After the last lawsuit where they paid our money to AHDI instead the deal was Medquist or MModal now was supposed to provide CLEAR description of exactly what characters were included in a line and how we were getting paid. Since that lawsuit we have received a pay cut disguised as evening out the tiers and still nobody knows for sure what exactly constitutes a character.

Honestly, I would not be surprised to learn they are not paying for any of the things you listed. They already dock our pay for sending to QA, they do not pay for demographics or CC. I am sure they employ full-time corporate lawyers just to search for any way at all to not pay us and still somehow make it legal.

When I'm ready to quit - They will get what they pay for

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just going to type only what I get paid for and for the patient's sake, leave a note in the QA/client note box saying that the report is incomplete and only paid information was typed.

I bet you MModal certainly charges the client for all the stuff we don't get paid for.

We're supposed to be paid for every character and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
space in the entire document, because you can bet your a$$ they charge the client for it. I don't know how they can legally get away with requiring us to do searches on CC's and demos and then not pay us for them, and now the headings, numbering, etc., too?! This is getting fricking ridiculous. I guess they won't stop cheating us until we get a class action lawsuit going.

This is what I think ... - MME1

[ In Reply To ..]
I think pretty soon they're going to have us type the entire freaking report on the ADT because they know they don't have to pay us for it and we'll accept it and do it anyway. It's getting pretty close to that now ... I'm working on an account right now that requires at LEAST 3 additional pieces of information be input on the ADT than ever before, not only the referring doctor's NAME but I have to manually type in their address too on a separate ADT line.

I'm just waiting on the day they put a "text" box on the ADT where we just start typing away on the report.

A lawyer would have a field-day if - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
an MT ever gets fired for ADT-related issues, when we aren't paid for ADT/CC's yet required to research & enter everything correctly. It's bound to happen eventually.

The saddest part about your question is... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That we will probably never know because I doubt they will tell us if they are eliminating that from our compensation - just like most of us have no idea when they eliminated headings, etc. THEY JUST DID IT without notifying us.

99% of us will wonder why the hell our checks are getting EVEN smaller and never even have a clue it's because they are removing things from our pay structure without telling us.

Think about this: A McDonald's employee notices their hours stay the same but their pay is decreased. Being asked why, the store manager says, "Oh didn't we tell you. We decided that we are going to pay you for assembling the sandwiches, but not for frying the burger. But, you still need to do that so it is still part of your job requirements, we just decided you won't be paid for that part anymore."

Could you imagine ANY OTHER LINE OF WORK IN THE WORLD putting up with this?

We must be complete, total fools.

We Should Hit Social Media With It - Do It

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we should shout from the rooftops so the whole world knows how MModal treats and pays us. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and everywhere. Abusers are empowered by the silence of their victims.

All I know is I am getting burnt out at 300.00 a week - MTfor25years

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a second job to make ends meet, b/c I cannot survive a single mom on minimum wage. I am exhausted doing both, and going to graduate school half time. I am about to go out of my mind this week. But I can't let either job drop, both MT jobs, both minimum wage or 4 cpl line which ever comes first.
I realize that I am going to have to get a 10.00 an hour job or 12.00 an hour job out of the house soon. I am getting sooo burnt out on minimum wage.
Our technical expertise and brainpower are worth much more than that. Why do I put up with it? B/c I have done it over 20 years and underqualified for anything else. Sigh. I am going out of my mind with this low pay! I really am! If it gets any worse, I don't know... grrrr.

Have you thought about food stamps? - SB

[ In Reply To ..]
I know we are all fierce individualists, but we have had the rug pulled out from under us through no fault of our own. I don't think it would be demeaning to allow the Feds to help us out while we are trying to shift directions and find employment that will allow us to take care of ourselves and our families.
Refuse to depend on the useless gvt - no food stamps, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
our only hope it to shout about the crap that is going on...not many people know that their medical records go overseas to India, when I tell them they go nuts..Keep spreading the word..Wish we could run a class action lawsuit, AGAIN, and see if we can get a working wage
The worst part for them should be that India is not bound by HIPAA - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Hardly anyone knows this. Their medical records going to India is bad enough, but the fact that India is not bound by HIPAA regulation is enough to send some people over the edge. Their private medical information could be (and probably IS) sold to anyone, anytime over there and there isn't a damn thing any of us can do about it.

I disagree. You are not underqualified - FLMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used my training as an MT to get an MD. You are very qualified to do a multitude of other jobs with just a little training.

perfect analogy!! well said!! - (no message)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Disgusting!
Nov 18, 2011

Just saw an ad for an MT for 2.5 cents a line. Traced it back and it comes from India. Forgot the best part - they're US doctors. ...

Gross, Disgusting And Abusive
Jun 16, 2011

Just typed a report that I can honestly say is probably the most disgusting dictation I have ever done in 30 years.  Dictator (ha ha - joke!) was chomping very loudly on chips, rustling bag and sucking and sloberring.  If I were talking to a person doing that I would walk away so fast she would choke on her own slobber.   Listening to it is abuse in my opinion. ...

The Hatred On This Board Is Disgusting. If You Are Happy, You Are Accused Sm
Mar 22, 2011

of being management. If you have a complaint, you are accused of being a troll or whatever the current word is.  If you give an opinion, you are bashed, and if you give advise, you start a string of hateful posts.  I wish you all the best.  I am leaving this profession and will never look back.  I would rather work at Burger King than deal with the cattiness, the low pay and the stress.  I am going to work in registration at a hospital and can't wait to start the n ...

I Just Thought Of Something!
Mar 31, 2010

Do you wonder how much the person makes who is sitting there reading all the First Time Right Essays?  Sure would love to know that!  How do I get that job?  I guess I would qualify as I have reading skills.  ...

Wmx - Another Thought On This
Sep 02, 2010

I think this was a very large account and they could have divided the MTs who had this as their primary and put them on various other accounts.  Yes, this would have overstaffed those accounts and more MTs would be getting NJA as we all scrambled for what work there was.  Also, this way WMX would not be putting out unemployement for anyone and soon most of us would not have benefits because we couldn't keep our line counts up with NJA all the time.  All in all, looks like the ...

HEY... I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING
Oct 26, 2010

What the heck happened to that 6.1 upgrade drawing with the TV and all????? Did anyone ask support or their CCM? ...

Just Thought I'd Ask..
Mar 28, 2011

I'm just wondering what is with companies not calling you after you have passed a test and said they will? I don't understand it. Yes,  I realize that they may have several people, but is it too much to ask for a phone call to do an interview or something? I am looking for a job and when I do pass tests and get excited that I actually did and no one contacts me like they said they would, it really bothers me. ...

I Thought I Was The Only One
May 13, 2011

I just realized that no one cares about the quality of medical records anymore.  I have had to go to VR and I am now making anywhere between 4 and 12 dollars/hour.  I guess people care more about the quality of their hamburgers than they do peoples' healthcare. I have started to just send them through.  I don't even really listen to the work.  I look at it and change any major spelling errors, but other than that, what the VR says is what they get.  The fu ...

Just Had A Thought...
Mar 17, 2012

Could it be that the MModal and Nuance are buying all of these smaller, better MTSOs because they want to limit our employment options?  If MModal (the Q) and Nuance are the monopolizing companies, and an MT who works for them just had all she/he could take, where could she/he go?   Just a thought....   ...

Thought Everybody Would Like To See This
May 01, 2012

This phrase was added at the end of an advertisement for employment.  Obviously it was in-house, but found it.... well.... rude, I guess.  Although I understand their position and their experiences, to include something like this in an advertisement would certainly send me running elsewhere.  Any opinions???   one last comment, and from prior experiences we have to make this statement: if you have had mutiple jobs a year, have gaps in time in your resume without explana ...

Just Thought I Would Let You All Know...
Oct 22, 2012

that Alliance Medical Transcription in Houston TX is hiring for acute care account with a large teaching hospital with mostly VR but some straight typing and mostly OP notes.  Good luck to those who apply. just passing this on because I have very little experience with OP notes and this was not a good fit for me.  No "ulterior motives" for me.  Just trying to help those in need.  ...

I Just Had A Thought!!!
Nov 15, 2012

What if we asked for stocks in the company as a benefit?  I know Wal-Mart does this for their employees, because my SIL, who has worked for Wal-Mart for a long time, drew from her stock and traveled a distance and paid for a  birthday party for her 3-year-old grandson and went shopping at our local mall and bought herself a wonderful new set of pots and pans (that new kind that is green and made out of ceramic) and just lived it up more than she could have done otherwise.  Si ...

Just A Thought Here...but...
Apr 11, 2013

Have you all ever thought of letting your own doctor/s know that you will no longer have a physician who sends his or her work to a company to be done overseas and that you will now demand that your medical records be done in the US or you will seek medical attention elsewhere?  Maybe start making a lot of noise on the doctor/hospital level? Just a thought. ...

An ASR Thought
Oct 20, 2013

I am making stupid, idiotic mistakes that I never made before. Yes I know I am older than when I started this mess of a job. But, I think with this ASR garbage, first being so wrong all the time, then trying to remember what keystrokes to use, blah blah it actually kind of puts you in a "trance." Its like you see but you don't see. Does that make sense or maybe I am just going insane? ...

Thought It Was
Feb 25, 2014

Uploaded, now stuck downloading ...

Just A Thought.
Mar 17, 2014

As my husband pointed out (he sees how stressed I get) our local grocery store employs people with mental and physical disabiltiies as grocery baggers and they get paid more than I do with less hassle, better benefits and more time off.  Not saying everyone should work in a grocery store but it is something to think about when you are getting grief for maybe being 1 point off on a BP supposedly putting a patient's life at risk or getting a major error for not including "include" w ...

Here's A Thought
Oct 06, 2014

If it impacted the physicians being able to dicate, would be having all these problems? ...

Just A Thought
Jan 18, 2015

what will happen when the doctors start using templates and no longer have us to edit their reports.  at some point they still have to dictate text, right.  or will they be using templates for everything and just pulling information from the EHR. just curious how that is going to be with doctors completely being left on their own and accountable for their own records... for example, take the worst dictator you have and try to imagine them seeing their reports without any of the editin ...

A Thought About MOT
May 13, 2015

Wouldn't it be nice if they increased our PTO accrual since worling all the MOT?  Oh, I can dream can't I? ...

Wanna Know Who Thought Up VBC?
Feb 16, 2010

Something smacks of anti-trust here. Excerpt: It’s been a little more than two years since the AHIMA and the Medical Transcription Industry Association (MTIA) recommended the visual black character (VBC) method be used as the standard unit of measure for medical transcription. Based on research from the Joint Task Force on Standards Development, the announcement came in the form of a white paper that made quite a splash. Defining a VBC as a “character that can be seen with the nake ...

I Thought The Cold War Was Over...
Feb 17, 2010

Dictated:  No bruising, petechiae or rashing. VR:  No bruising, petechiae or Russians. ...

Please Help.....I Thought We Were Supposed To Be
May 04, 2010

able to choose 3 specialty books to search from on Benchmark?  When I go there and try to choose I am unable to do so, doesn't let you.  Has anyone actually been able to choose these 3 books.  CCM says I should be able to, but I've tried numerous times.  ...

Wow! Just Thought Of How CBAY
Jul 29, 2010

CBAY could get rid of a lot of board of directors.  Does CBAY have any idea how much money it could save them?  In fact, why we are at it, get rid of the United States board of directors and bring in their own India board of directors.  They could probably pay their suits half or even less than it would cost for United States board of directors.  Plus!  Would not have to pay incentives, benefits, bonuses, gas for their cars, credit expenses for lunches and golfing, e ...

I Thought This 6.1 Could Differentiate
Sep 08, 2010

For instance, q.h.s. versus nightly.  Was I dreaming during that part of the training? ...

Thought I Saw On Here Somewhere - The Q Does Not Pay For Downtime??
Feb 06, 2011

Wanting to "approve" my timesheet and leader (whatever the initials are) has not put me in for it  or whatever the process is???? ...

Wow, What A Disappointment I Have Had. I Thought That I Had (sm)
May 27, 2011

found a really decent company to work for as an IC only to finally receive the "offer" this morning.  It is .06 CPL and .03 for VR and that is with 25 years experience.  Again, this is as an IC!  Sickening, just sickening.  And the search continues .... ...

Sorry, Have To Share. Thought I Had Seen Everything.
Feb 28, 2012

ASR:  CAT of Eric vein  Dictated:  Cadaveric vein.  ...

Random Thought
Jun 29, 2012

I do both medical and general transcription. I know there is much discussion about MTs standing a bit above GTs in the Invisible Hierarchy of Transcription because of the responsibility involved and amount of training required. I get that. I also know that general transcription is hard work and requires a lot of knowledge about a lot of things in order to do it well. What I JUST got, though, is the fact that a good general transcriptionist (one who can think and knows how to research unfamiliar ...

I Thought When They Retrofit
Jul 16, 2012

that all accounts were supposed to be roughly the same.  It's right back to where it was with a bijillion CPs. ...

Scary Thought...
Oct 03, 2012

First, VR was going to replace us.  When that didn't work, now we -- American MTs -- are fine-tuning VR so the Indian MTs can replace us.  And to make sure this happens, MTSOs are paying us unfair, unlivable wages to force us out, thus forcing clients to accept what they get from the Indian MTs because there won't be enough qualified American MTs left. I know this really isn't news, but I thought I'd share anyway. ...