A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

this phrase is making me nuts! - typeA

Posted: Nov 26, 2013

"...no evidency of malignancy"..  and she says it EVERY TIME!!!!  grrrrr!!  Sorry, I know there are bigger problems in life, but this is grating on my nerves more than usual today.  Must be pre-holiday stress :)

Is this an ESL? - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a Chinese doc who used to pronounce the silent "e" at the end of words.

Not one bit.. :) - typeA

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd have more tolerance for it if she was an ESL doc. LOL!

Pathology? Repetitive phrases speed up production with expansion programs. Wish I had more of them! - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]

maybe she's saying evidence of any really fast - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

This Doc Is Making Me Nuts
Dec 16, 2013

She says things  like "He currently has a G-tube of which medications will be administered."   Or "...secondary to UTI, Foley catheter associated, of which this has now been removed.  " Or "this is a chronic problem of which he had a G-tube inserted in October"    She's making me nuts tonight.  These examples are all from one report, too.  I guess if that's the worst thing I have to deal with tonight, tonight is still pretty good, but I just wan ...

This Is Nuts!
Nov 23, 2009

This patient is from Spain here in the US for vacation.  The doctor is stating all these medications the patient is on in Spain, which I cannot verify anywhere.  I have googled etc.  Any ideas of a website that lists medications in Spain before I totally pull my hair out?  TIA.  ...

Nuts!
Jun 27, 2010

This pediatric transcription is making me nuts. I need all the help I can get please. "Down of the series was negative. Laboratory is including pneumonia 37, SOSO 8 level of 2 milligrams per deciliter" Please help me! ...

I Think I'm Going Nuts!
Nov 23, 2010

How's this?  (immune-mediated secondary MEMBRANIZIA?? ...

Is It Any Wonder I'm Going Nuts
Jul 19, 2014

This is the actual sentence the doc dictated.  I listened to it 3 times. "There was initially significant tachycardia where her beta blocker was resumed, although this had given her bradyarrhythmias and sinus block in the past, but ultimately, with regulization, her potassium and magnesium levels, and because of recurrent hypotension her beta blockers were discontinued and her rhythm remained stable." HUH??????? ...

Drives Me Nuts
Dec 03, 2011

I have this one doctor that I get all the time who will say - The patient uh you know uh has you know.. Really?  No, I don't know what the patient has.  I'm not the doctor seeing him. ...

This Is Driving Me NUTS!!
Dec 15, 2011

When I am transcribing, I am hitting some key combination that is turning my type to all caps.  It's not the caps lock or it would show it was on.  Transcribing as fast as all of us do it is impossible to figure out what I am hitting to make this happen.  Does anyone have any ideas???  So appreciative!!! :) ...

This Board Has Gone Nuts
Jun 19, 2013

Soooo busy, work coming out of proverbial ears, a family crisis and health problems, but plenty of time to post, post, post, transcription is not dead! making money hand over fist! can't find qualified MTs! can't even reply to emails from MTs! no time to give you any specifics! I definitely need a break from this board. ...

Am I The Only One That This Drives Nuts? It Just Goes
Nov 21, 2014

all through me when someone is dictating and they just start laughing.  It is like shut up and speak clearly! ...

QA Driving Me Kinda Nuts!
Jul 02, 2012

The comments seem extremely picky to me and almost harrassing.  It seems I cannot do anything right.  Really tired today and it's been a bad day overall and now this.  just needed to vent.  I have a feeling I have not heard the last from the QA lady that hovers over me all day.  Thanks for listening. ...

This Dictator Drives Me Nuts
Jun 29, 2014

Every other word is um, ahhh.  Then it's next paragraph, next paragrah, next paragraph. Then it's period, uh period, uh period.  Then he repeats next paragraph and period several more times.  Between and his other yucky habits, I really wish they would ban him from dictating.  ...

Assigning Jobs Drives Me Nuts
Feb 10, 2011

It's just not fair that a couple of people get almost 100% of OP notes throughout the day and I get 2 or 3 total, and those are only because they are miscoded as discharge summaries!  What do I have to do to become a "favorite?"  Gee, why can't I be loved by my MTSO like that?      ...

7 Cpl As An IC Without Spaces, 5 Yrs Exp Required... Are These Companies Nuts?
Jul 26, 2013

x ...

Grrrrrrrrr! This Doctor Is Driving Me Nuts!!
Aug 02, 2013

ESL, after saying the headings, repeats them along with adding a few more words, but it still means the same damn thing, says "umm you know" after almost every other word, keeps saying "feeded" instead of fed. VR has not learned him at all, so I'm having to delete every other word and all the "umm you knows".  13 minutes worth of this crap.  And 20 minutes later I'm not even done with it yet. This is going to be a very long day......... Can't forget about getting paid h ...

Time Scheduler Is Driving Me NUTS!
Dec 01, 2014

Where did they get her?  She has NEVER gotten an entry right on my time card!  Every time we have had technical downtime, she has screwed it up; adding the wrong times, deleting my punches, and replacing them with something she apparently made up.  I have e-mailed her specific times I worked, in a list format.  All she had to do was make sure it matched.  She can't even do that right!  We went back and forth in e-mail 4 times, before I finally gave up and made ...

2 Hours Mandatory OT - Yeah Right - They TRULY Are Nuts!
Jan 23, 2015

x ...

QA Driving Me Nuts. I Dont Mind Criticism But
Jul 24, 2012

Seriously how do you mark me for not putting a comma in when I have a QA marker preceeding it..Obviously I missed a word, the dictator rots, sorry..So instead of adding all that extra crap in..If you had just stuck to what I put, I may have learned something..Instead, my mind is going in 90 directions and I marked it as read and moved on..Waste of my time.  And when I put one through QA for a repeat word I feel I should know and just have never heard it or cant document it, then I NEVER see ...

Please Help With Phrase
Dec 09, 2009

When a physician dictates “It should be noted as well within the family history” and you are already typing the family history. Do you still type “It should be noted as well”? The doctor dictates this frequently. ...

Phrase Help Please
Jan 06, 2011

Sounds like "n" ease viopathic changes? involving the greater tuberosity.   Any clues? Thanks! ...

Help With A Phrase
Oct 09, 2011

Okay, I am sure I have heard this before but for whatever reason cannot seem to get it this time..... he is saying.....  "negative hawk sign, negative cochans sign" Please help - can't take the time to search any more!  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! ...

Is There Such A Phrase?
Jan 22, 2012

The patient progressed to independent transverse? Is this an actual phrase and what exactly would it mean? ...

Phrase Help
Mar 16, 2012

In pulmonary dictation, sounds like dictator is saying "lungs are known to have rales in the anterior and posterior....." But I know that is incorrect. Please help with the "are known" part. ...

GI Phrase
Oct 25, 2012

Has anyone heard of the phrase "four gut pathology"  Dr. dictated very clearly, tried to find it, was unsuccessful Thx!   ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard This Phrase Before?
Dec 06, 2009

ER report concerning pt stating was assaulted by an ex-boyfriend. EXTREMITIES: Both knees with very minimal s/l "tall dime-sized" bruises. ...

Unfamilar EKG Phrase-help!
Jan 10, 2010

Doing EKG due to syncopal episode.  EKG is obtained because of a complaint of syncope showing a normal sinus rhythm, no s/l "current of entry." Am I even hearing this right.  I suspect I am not. TIA! ...

Any One Heard This Phrase Used Before?
Feb 09, 2010

Has anyone heard this phrase before in ROS? All other systems reviewed s/l including ten were negative. ...

Stumped On Phrase
Aug 25, 2010

I could certainly use some help on a phrase- been working on it all morning and I cannot get it for the life of me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Here it is: She had had an operation for to release the tethered cord and also fusion s/l elfatha swan.   Thank you ...

Does Anyone Else Hate This Phrase....
May 26, 2011

I have 20 years of experience doing medical transcription in hospitals and at home, and lately I have heard things like "4 cpl, this is the going rate now."  I find it a little offensive when companies do not think of and appreciate the experience we are bringing.  They are basically justifying not paying us for the experience and knowledge we are bringing to the position they want to fill. Does anyone else feel the same way?  I am insulted....I am desperately searching for the ri ...

Comma After Since Phrase?
Nov 21, 2011

Since his last office visit, he has not had any..... OR Since his last office visit he has not had any.....    Comma or not after "since his last office visit" ?  Thanks! ...

How To Type This Phrase
Nov 29, 2011

How do you type the phrase "Half plus swelling." ...