A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what is a "weighted line"? I saw an ad on another board advertising pay based on s/m - speedyfingerz

Posted: Oct 27, 2009

a 65 character line with spaces and in parentheses they indicated "not weighted."  What would that mean?  What would it mean if it was "weighted"?  Whatever happened to just being paid for what you type?????

I used to love weighted reports and that meant - Lynne

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in the really good days of transcription you actually got paid more for a dictator (usually a physician then) that was perceived to be a difficult physician and some I had were like icing on the cake, very easy for me and you could get oodles of line counts, sometimes twice as much, sometimes 3 times as much. What is not to like about that?

weighted lines - lowillia

[ In Reply To ..]
It usually means that the doctor is really, really hard and it takes longer than usual to get theirs done, therefore they pay you "extra" for taking the time to do it.

weighted lines - sela1562

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish that was the case with my company. If I had to do some of the doctors on a regular basis, I'd be lucky to get 75 lines an hour (seriously, and I have 20 yrs experience). That, or send the report to QA with almost nothing but blanks. You know, the ones who are ESL and dictate a full page in 2 minutes or less?

If they were weighted, I'd have no problem transcribing them. Pulling my hair out, spending most of the time with my nose in a reference book, almost on the verge of tears of frustration only to make $6 an hour? Not much of an incentive there.

Similar Messages:

PAY BASED ON 50-CHARACTER LINE
Aug 04, 2011

I WAS OFFERED A POSITION AT A COMPANY I CANNOT NAME AT 0.076 CPL WITH A LINE BASED ON 50 CHARACTERS, ALL TYPING, NO VR.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD BE EQUAL TO ON A 65-CHARACTER LINE?  IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE PAY AS I HAVE NEVER USED A 50-CHARACTER LINE BEFORE? ...

Line Production Based Upon Schedule
Jun 18, 2012

I've seen a good # of messages about the lack of work, and I'm wondering if the hours worked might be a contributing factor. IOW, people who work 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. would get more or less work than someone working the 2nd or 3rd shifts. ...

Would You Work For $0.05 A Line, Based On 65-characters With Spaces?
Nov 13, 2009

I have been offered a job with a company for clinic notes, which are the easiest.  As far as schedule goes, I just have to complete it w/in 24-hours.  So the kicker is, the pay is $0.05 a line, based on 65 characters with spaces.  They only pay once a month.  They also use Microsoft counter as well, which I am not sure if that is good or bad.  Would you take this position? ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Not Based On 65 Characters
Apr 28, 2012

I have heard that Nuance line counts are not based on 65 characters.  Does anyone know what the actual length of the lines would be?   Thanks ...

If A MTSO Quotes A Pay Rate Based On 65 Character Per Printable Character Line...
May 20, 2010

does this mean they don't pay for spaces? TIA. ...

Weighted Lines?
Apr 12, 2013

I have worked in-house for a long time but right now have to find a job at home due to a lay off.  I have been offered a job using weighted lines for editing VR.  Am I correct in thinking that what was explained to me is that a line is 65 characters, but a weighted line for editing purposes is every 1.5 lines I edit is a line?  So, essentially, if I type a report then 65 characters is a line, if I edit a report then 97.5 characters is a line? ...

Minutes Weighted For ESL And Difficult Doctors?
Feb 03, 2010

At my job we get paid extra to type ESL and hard dictators.  Does anyone still work for companies like these?  I am curious as I have not seen it mentioned lately. Thanks. ...

To Those Whose Companies Have Started Using Weighted Lines -sm
Aug 03, 2010

For those whose company has started to use weighted lines for normals, headers, etc., has this made a big difference in your pay or are you able to do more reports in the same amount of time?  ...

TTD Advertising Again?
Aug 01, 2012

Can anyone who works for TTD tell me why they are advertising again?  I see them on this board a lot and just wondered.  High turnover rate or just lots of work? Thanks! ...

MQ Now Advertising Under An Alias
Nov 04, 2009

While searching for another transcription job, I came across a  company I had never heard of before, "The Right Thing" based in "Findley, Ohio."  I thought this could be great, instead of staying with MedQuist offering the "Wrong Thing."  I decided to look into it, and it was actually a Medquist advertisement!  They posted they had 3000 MTs nationwide and here was some of the other verbatim wording. Competitive Line RatesDependable VolumeFull and Part-Time positions24/7 Tech ...

MQ Advertising For More People ;(
Nov 08, 2009

which is no big deal, except that they can't seem to give me as much work as I want.  Same office going off and hiring more people and yet I've repeatedly asked for more work.  I've been trained on FOUR accounts, and then as each one peters out, they pull me off and put me on another one, and the cycle repeats.    Not only am I getting sick and tired of constantly training on a new hospital, but I'm getting sick and tired of constantly getting no jobs av ...

Landmark Advertising Again? Sm
Oct 19, 2010

Okay, isn't it odd that two weeks ago Landmark had an ad for psych transcriptionists and got over 1400 hits on that one ad.  Now they have an ad for acute care MT's.  Didn't they get enough applications two weeks ago?  BTW, did anyone even hear  from them about the Psych positions? ...

Why Is SoftScript Advertising Again?
Feb 01, 2012

Last week SoftScript was advertizing for transcriptionists.  I filled out the application on their website which I am sure many others did. They are back on a the same  board advertizing again in less than a week.  Do they really need help? ...

MTSO's And Advertising
Jul 11, 2012

Why do these companies continue to keep job postings for open positions up if the position is already filled? Tired of testing just to be told that the position is filled. Is it that hard to take the ad down? ...

CommandHealth Advertising!
Aug 06, 2013

Don't say you weren't warned.  They are nitpicking micromanagers who QA you to death on EVERYTHING, every comma, period.  And they do it with an edge of attitude.  If you did that same thing right 50 times but made a mistake and did not do it 1 time, they'll say, you need to read your account specifics carefully, makes no sense.  The files are very short and you will not make much money.  They pay by the minute.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, they ...

Going Through Bankruptcy But Advertising For New MTs?
Mar 10, 2014

Just got an e-mail from Glassdoor about "new jobs for medical transcription" and the first one in the list is M-Modal for acute care MT 3 days ago.  How could they do this if they have filed for bankruptcy?  Or is this just an automated posting for new MTs? ...

Assistmed Is Advertising Again
Aug 05, 2014

Assistmed is advertising again.  I quit because in the four months I worked for them (8 paychecks), four times they were late by as much as a week or "forgot" to pay me.  Just an FYI. ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MQ Hiring: False Advertising
Oct 16, 2009

I saw an ad for MQ looking for MTs.  In the ad they brag of 1500 customers (read mostly overseas), world-wide career path (read better move to India to keep your job) and $500 sign-on bonus (read MQ will make that back quick out of your line count). ...

Transcription Doctors Is Always Advertising. How Are
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Too Funny. Landmark Is Advertising AGAIN. Nm
Oct 25, 2010

nn ...

Softscript Still Advertising For Hiring
Jan 14, 2011

Are you kidding me, with Softscript still advertising for hiring.  I HAVE HAD NO WORK FOR ALMOST A MONTH.  This is ridiculous.  I cannot believe they have no respect for their loyal employees and are still hiring when there is no work.  ...

Oracle Falsely Advertising
Dec 18, 2012

I was promised I would be hired because I was very valuable with my experience.  I have been un unemploment for and it will end in two weeks.  Oracle promised me a job when it was up and told me to contact them.  I contacted them last week and told them I cold start December 20.  They proceeded to tell me that they could not hire me now because they recently hired 6 new people and they workload was low.  I knew something was fishy about all of this so I left it go until ...

Advertising Hiring On You Tube?
Mar 22, 2013

My husband was watching a music video on You Tube and called me in to show me an M*Modal ad streaming across the screen, advertising job openings!  Now I've heard everything. ...

SoftScript Advertising Hiring 100+ MTs
Aug 05, 2013

Am I the only one working up to 10+ accounts and still running out of work? SoftScript is advertising they are hiring 100+ MTs and stating they have "WORK WORK AND MORE WORK AVAILABLE." So, if that's the case, then why can't they keep those of us already working for them in work? ...

MModal Was Advertising To Hire PT MTs
Aug 17, 2013

As of 08/09/2013, so how can they say the position has been eliminated?  I took screen shots of the post for my attorney, so even if they take it down I have proof.  it's on a prominant board for MTs looking for jobs.  Not allowed to link here, but it shouldn't be too hard to find for a bunch of smart ladies like you guys.   Thank you to the MT who showed it to me! ...

Silent Type Is Advertising Again. Is There Sm
Aug 22, 2013

really work for them?  Wondering. ...

Any Current Information On TTS. They Are Advertising Again. Nm
Feb 01, 2014

nm ...

Cardus Advertising For Radiology MTs
Jan 13, 2015

I have seen ads several times on here for Cardus advertising for radiology MTs.  I have applied several times and never heard back.  Has anyone else heard back or has anyone worked for them?  I just notice the job has been posted several times, so I am wondering if maybe it's not a good situation.  ...

Company Advertising For Podiatry All The Time. Sm
Jan 11, 2010

Okay looks like there are 6 podiatrists in Iowa. So tempted to call and ask office manager if they know what is going on with their transcription... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=podiatrist,+iowa&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10 ...