A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SoftScript advertising hiring 100+ MTs - MWMT

Posted: Aug 05, 2013

Am I the only one working up to 10+ accounts and still running out of work? SoftScript is advertising they are hiring 100+ MTs and stating they have "WORK WORK AND MORE WORK AVAILABLE." So, if that's the case, then why can't they keep those of us already working for them in work?

Wondering - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
Wondering why they keep advertising all the time - I submitted a resume, have about 30 years of acute care with all report types, always above 98% QA and never heard a word out of them. Even willing to work second and third shifts, nothing from them at all.

22 accounts and OOW nm - me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

SS OOW - Way past tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I've wondered the exact same thing for a very long time. Unfortunately, things won't change until the majority of the uppers go away. It's simply a matter of them not being held accountable. It would take time and a little bit of concentration on their part to set up accounts in a way that would keep the existing MTs consistently busy. Pretty simple, yet they're too lazy or maybe just don't care.

majority of the uppers??? there is only one or two - pbj

[ In Reply To ..]
uppers at ss

I thought that too and the HR head is a little tyrant. nm - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Need to modify their strict schedule policy - Nik

[ In Reply To ..]
They are basically asking us to do that anyway when we have to work on our days off to make up lines. Work availability is inconsistent, yet they doggedly, stubbornly continue with their "work your scheduled shift" policy even though other times there will be extra work. They need to look beyond the "log on 1 hour early" emails when work is available, but I suppose no one will do that as it requires extra thought and effort.

Looks like I dodged a bullet - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a former MTSO/MT/QA, etc. It was clearly stated on my resume that I had well over their 10+ years experience or whatever it was to be "acceptable" to SS. I got an email stating that I didn't have enough years of experience to be "eligible" to work for them. Oh really? So, I sent them an email back and told them what I thought of them. For some strange reason, I didn't receive a reply. :)

Similar Messages:

Softscript Still Advertising For Hiring
Jan 14, 2011

Are you kidding me, with Softscript still advertising for hiring.  I HAVE HAD NO WORK FOR ALMOST A MONTH.  This is ridiculous.  I cannot believe they have no respect for their loyal employees and are still hiring when there is no work.  ...

MQ Hiring: False Advertising
Oct 16, 2009

I saw an ad for MQ looking for MTs.  In the ad they brag of 1500 customers (read mostly overseas), world-wide career path (read better move to India to keep your job) and $500 sign-on bonus (read MQ will make that back quick out of your line count). ...

Advertising Hiring On You Tube?
Mar 22, 2013

My husband was watching a music video on You Tube and called me in to show me an M*Modal ad streaming across the screen, advertising job openings!  Now I've heard everything. ...

Why Is SoftScript Advertising Again?
Feb 01, 2012

Last week SoftScript was advertizing for transcriptionists.  I filled out the application on their website which I am sure many others did. They are back on a the same  board advertizing again in less than a week.  Do they really need help? ...

SoftScript Is Always Hiring Because --
May 13, 2010

They only hire for 2nd shift and that is to do the leftover, picked-through work from 1st shift.  There is no way to make good money going this, though they give you a month to get up to 135 lph, which at 8.5 cpl is a whopping 11.48/hour.  During training, on the 2nd evening of work, this is how I got treated, getting the worst of the work.  I do not get any job satisfaction in doing  others' leftover work; it makes me feel li ...

Softscript Hiring Again. Is There Really Work?
Dec 07, 2012

Seems like everyone complains of running out of work on a regular basis. If so, then why are they hiring again. Any info anyone can give me and what is the pay like? CPL, on time? How do they deal with being flexible? As an employee I know you have a schedule, but do they micromanage you? ...

I'm Confused. SoftScript Is Hiring Editors But They Say They Don't
Jan 22, 2010

nm ...

SoftScript Hiring For Straight Transcription
Jul 20, 2014

SoftScript hiring for straight transcription with $600/$1200 sign on bonuses. Does anyone work for them that can give me some info.? What does trans pay? Do you run out of work, how many lines to you do a day, would need 1200 at least myself at 7 or 8 cents to pay the bills. Please give me ANY info. you can. Thanks! ...

TTD Advertising Again?
Aug 01, 2012

Can anyone who works for TTD tell me why they are advertising again?  I see them on this board a lot and just wondered.  High turnover rate or just lots of work? Thanks! ...

MQ Now Advertising Under An Alias
Nov 04, 2009

While searching for another transcription job, I came across a  company I had never heard of before, "The Right Thing" based in "Findley, Ohio."  I thought this could be great, instead of staying with MedQuist offering the "Wrong Thing."  I decided to look into it, and it was actually a Medquist advertisement!  They posted they had 3000 MTs nationwide and here was some of the other verbatim wording. Competitive Line RatesDependable VolumeFull and Part-Time positions24/7 Tech ...

MQ Advertising For More People ;(
Nov 08, 2009

which is no big deal, except that they can't seem to give me as much work as I want.  Same office going off and hiring more people and yet I've repeatedly asked for more work.  I've been trained on FOUR accounts, and then as each one peters out, they pull me off and put me on another one, and the cycle repeats.    Not only am I getting sick and tired of constantly training on a new hospital, but I'm getting sick and tired of constantly getting no jobs av ...

Landmark Advertising Again? Sm
Oct 19, 2010

Okay, isn't it odd that two weeks ago Landmark had an ad for psych transcriptionists and got over 1400 hits on that one ad.  Now they have an ad for acute care MT's.  Didn't they get enough applications two weeks ago?  BTW, did anyone even hear  from them about the Psych positions? ...

MTSO's And Advertising
Jul 11, 2012

Why do these companies continue to keep job postings for open positions up if the position is already filled? Tired of testing just to be told that the position is filled. Is it that hard to take the ad down? ...

CommandHealth Advertising!
Aug 06, 2013

Don't say you weren't warned.  They are nitpicking micromanagers who QA you to death on EVERYTHING, every comma, period.  And they do it with an edge of attitude.  If you did that same thing right 50 times but made a mistake and did not do it 1 time, they'll say, you need to read your account specifics carefully, makes no sense.  The files are very short and you will not make much money.  They pay by the minute.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, they ...

Going Through Bankruptcy But Advertising For New MTs?
Mar 10, 2014

Just got an e-mail from Glassdoor about "new jobs for medical transcription" and the first one in the list is M-Modal for acute care MT 3 days ago.  How could they do this if they have filed for bankruptcy?  Or is this just an automated posting for new MTs? ...

Assistmed Is Advertising Again
Aug 05, 2014

Assistmed is advertising again.  I quit because in the four months I worked for them (8 paychecks), four times they were late by as much as a week or "forgot" to pay me.  Just an FYI. ...

Transcription Doctors Is Always Advertising. How Are
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Too Funny. Landmark Is Advertising AGAIN. Nm
Oct 25, 2010

nn ...

Oracle Falsely Advertising
Dec 18, 2012

I was promised I would be hired because I was very valuable with my experience.  I have been un unemploment for and it will end in two weeks.  Oracle promised me a job when it was up and told me to contact them.  I contacted them last week and told them I cold start December 20.  They proceeded to tell me that they could not hire me now because they recently hired 6 new people and they workload was low.  I knew something was fishy about all of this so I left it go until ...

MModal Was Advertising To Hire PT MTs
Aug 17, 2013

As of 08/09/2013, so how can they say the position has been eliminated?  I took screen shots of the post for my attorney, so even if they take it down I have proof.  it's on a prominant board for MTs looking for jobs.  Not allowed to link here, but it shouldn't be too hard to find for a bunch of smart ladies like you guys.   Thank you to the MT who showed it to me! ...

Silent Type Is Advertising Again. Is There Sm
Aug 22, 2013

really work for them?  Wondering. ...

Any Current Information On TTS. They Are Advertising Again. Nm
Feb 01, 2014

nm ...

Cardus Advertising For Radiology MTs
Jan 13, 2015

I have seen ads several times on here for Cardus advertising for radiology MTs.  I have applied several times and never heard back.  Has anyone else heard back or has anyone worked for them?  I just notice the job has been posted several times, so I am wondering if maybe it's not a good situation.  ...

Company Advertising For Podiatry All The Time. Sm
Jan 11, 2010

Okay looks like there are 6 podiatrists in Iowa. So tempted to call and ask office manager if they know what is going on with their transcription... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=podiatrist,+iowa&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10 ...

Inscribe Is Advertising Heard Back Yet?
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone who applied for the many openings Inscribe is advertising heard back yet? ...

TransTech Advertising For Help With Acute Care?
Jun 30, 2011

There are new people on accounts that have no work for the people already on them?  Or are they being trained and then moved?  What goes on?  Guess we don't have to know. ...

Email From Company Advertising 5 Cpl For Transcription!
Jan 13, 2012

I cannot believe these MTSOs sprouting up, offering transcription for 5 cpl AND free trials, who advertise as though they are usingUS-based MTs but are obviously using third world slave labor and driving our salaries down even further.... I use only US-based and would rather go out of business then give them my business.... ...

Anytime Mmodal Starts Advertising Job
Oct 18, 2012

openings heavily, repeatedly, on every job site, you can bet the next webcast is going to be a doozy.  They know they're about to deliver bad news & many will quit in disgust.  That seems to have held true this time again. ...

I Thought Nuance Just Merged With Somebody, Why Are They Still Advertising?
Dec 12, 2012

TTS Keeps Advertising. I Applied Earlier This Year Sm
Apr 03, 2014

I took their test and passed.  I emailed them several times. They contacted me once and said they were filling full time positions first (I want part time to begin because I want to see before I commit to 40 hours a week if I can make money).  I have worked for a teaching hospital for 30 years. Oh well. If they contact me now, I'll say "NO, THANK YOU!!" ...