A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

awesome arm exercise for tired arms and - you still have work to do

Posted: Apr 09, 2014

I was watching a yoga show ("watching" being the operative word) and the instructor said she had a great exercise for people who sit at a desk and type all day. You can do this in your chair. You hold your arms out to your sides and keeping them straight out, rotate/twist them back and forth within the shoulder socket. You go as far as you can one way, and then hold it for a few seconds and then go the other way as far as you can and hold it. Your palms will point down one way and up the other way. Wow, I just remembered it and did it, and now I am good to go. My arms feel great.

Cool! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, OP!

awesome arm exercise for tired arms - Gail

[ In Reply To ..]
Tried it-it works! thanks :)

Neato! It really did make me feel so much better! - ETOHPRN

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for sharing that wonderful tip!

Similar Messages:

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

Painful Arms
Nov 23, 2011

The tops of my forearms are tender lately, sore.  I increased the hours I am working lately and that's when it started.  Any suggestions on how to help this and do you think it will eventually get better?  Owie! ...

Core? Exercise
Dec 04, 2009

is core exercises capped Core, CORE?? not sure. ...

Exercise Program - S/l En-sam-vi
Sep 15, 2011

x ...

Exercise Test
Jun 25, 2012

Hi, cannot quite get this one:  GXT (s/l nevi)?  Help please :) ...

Ergonomic Saddle Chair/stoor With Arms
Nov 05, 2012

I am looking for an ergonimic chair/saddle stool with a back or arms to buy.  They are very pricey new, but I thought to see if anyone has one that just did not work out for them here.  If you have one and can send me pictures and my basic deal is I am very short and need one that the seat will adjust pretty low/ ie in the neighborhood of 16 inch height I would like to hear from you.  Thanks ...

You Are Awesome!
Nov 06, 2009

I just want to say that everybody who gives advice here is the greatest!  You know so much!  Thank you for imparting some of your knowledge onto those of us who are just starting!  This is going to be a long road, and it's nice to know that there are others out there to help! ...

Awesome!
Apr 17, 2013

finally! ...

MTStars Is AWESOME
Jul 04, 2012

x ...

Looks Like The Awesome Company Needs MTs Again!
Apr 01, 2015

LOLOL!!  Sorry....couldn't resist :) ...

S/l Closed Tang Quads (some Type Of Exercise)
Mar 18, 2010

I have recommended that she start on a very vigorous exercise program including S/L closed tang quads and hip stabilizing exercises as well as walking and aerobic-type exercises.   tia.   ...

LEXISCAN CARDIOLITE Exercise Stress Question....
Sep 03, 2011

Under the heading Raw data, "Lung/heart ratio is within normal limits.  There was moderate s/l "gut" initial artifact seen.   He is an ESL doctor so I purely guessing on the "gut"......just sounds like a g or c, but could be anything!  Thanks..... ...

Transolutions==>AWESOME EXPERIENCE SO FAR!!!
Jul 29, 2011

I started training with Transolutions this week and, lemme tell ya, it has been an absolutely AWESOME EXPERIENCE SO FAR!!!  The training was very well-organized and, once we were sent off "on our own" during the training course to do live transcription, the peeps there were SUPER HELPFUL with answering any and all questions that I had.  The feedback process is second-do-none and I really do get the impression that nobody really feels bothered when you ask them for direction and/or clar ...

I Made The Awesome Mistake Of.......sm
Dec 07, 2013

deciding to check FIESA this morning.... REALLY DUMB DECISION!  I have just about given up doing correction reversals, especially since ALL of my post-audit QA is done offshore.  And most definitely now because they must've just hired someone off the street over there to do my post audits.  Seriously, there is 1 offshore QA person in particular who will consistently go through my reports and delete text that I have either transcribed or edited (correctly I might add) and put& ...

TSM Covering While Mine Is Out Is Awesome!
Jul 16, 2014

I'm so jealous of the team who gets to have this particular TSM.  Wow!  She's prompt in returning emails, investigates a problem thoroughly, and is overall very pleasant on the phone.  It's a breath of fresh air!  So if you're in the North and SM runs your show, I want to be on your team! ...

Been With Precyse 90 Days, AWESOME Company
Nov 05, 2013

I can't believe I put up with Nuance for soooo long!   Precyse is just  AWESOME! ...

On RT Simulation: His Arms Were Held Slightly "a Kimble" On His Sides.
Dec 23, 2010

? ...

Her Arms And Legs Are Likewise Very Thin And Almost S/l “kakesic”. Any Help Would Be
Sep 28, 2011

Prepping For Surgery: "Arms Were Tucked In And The "s/l Drain Stops" Were In Place&q
Mar 28, 2012

x ...

S/l "adverance To" Exercise Is Optimum...
Nov 24, 2009

At that point, the patient will be followed symptomatically, as well as to ensure that his blood pressure and _____________ (s/l adverance to) exercise is optimal. any suggestions? Thanks! ...

So Tired
Dec 09, 2009

I have sent tons of resumes, NOT ONE reply, NOT ONE call...I have 14 years of experience and I need a job ASAP.  Used to be easy to find a job in this field.  I am so tired and disheartened by these companies who place ads, but do not take the time to even respond via auto reply or ANYTHING.... ...

Same Tired Old Job Ads
Jul 14, 2010

I wonder if we'll ever again see a job posting that looks attractive and isn't posted by one of the big mouthed bass that has taken over the industry. ...

Another One....i'm Tired
Nov 16, 2010

If it appeared degenerative or (sounds like synovenectin) she would like a mini open ...

NJA : I'm So *%^&* Tired Of Having To Sit In This
Mar 14, 2011

Cleaning up elephant-poo would be more exciting and rewarding than this. Likely far more lucrative, too. ...

Too Tired To Think
Aug 24, 2011

Pt has a thumb laceration with nerve repair.  Doc dictates:  His Tinel's sign is past the DIP now. I've never heard mention about the Tinel's sign being past the DIP.  Is this correct?  THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!! ...

Tired Of It Yet?
Oct 07, 2011

Almost everything I read on this board expresses a common thread of disgust with the Q.  If you really hate that the work is going to India, if you really hate that MedQuist is a greedy heartless monster, and if you really despise what is happening to our medical records because of this company, why keep helping it out by staying and helping them make more money by paying slave wages?  I see these words and phrases:  unethical, greedy, corrupt, lower and lower wages, wor ...

Are We Tired Enough Of ISR?
Jun 26, 2012

Are you as tired as I am of making dumb little corrections in the ISR system? This morning, I am spending all my time “uncapitalizing” regular words in the middle of sentences. Where does it come up with the underline in the middle of laboratory values (1._4). It adds a colon after dates and this morning the abbreviation, MD, is after some of the headings. There are no paragraphs. I delete numbers in a list because they are never right and it is easier than going back and changing the ...

So Very, Very Tired Of This
Apr 08, 2013

I do not like working this late.  But, this is generally when the work is available and I understand that it is my best chance of getting work.  Not very many people on my account on a Monday night.  I see 23 reports, op notes, that are easy lines, require an insert, and right when I am about to begin to be able to download them, all of them are gone.  This happens all the freakin time.  Somebody had to pull and assign them for them to disappear in a chunk like that.&nbs ...

I'm So Tired Of Seeing Ads Looking For Help -
Apr 14, 2014

at the following places - TTS, SoftScript, Nuance, FutureNet, StenTel, Keystrokes, TransTech...and so forth and so on.  These companies need to sit back and ask themselves - hmmmmm why can't we keep MTs employed, why doesn't anyone want to work for us, why do we always have ads posted on the job boards....... ...

Tired Of This
Aug 16, 2014

I've been feeling the desire to hang up transcription for good..tired of the nitpicking..the no raise in pay..the feeling of being anonymous..etc...put application in at the hospital.  Yes, I have loved being at home for a really long time now but getting to where I just hate this. Is there life after transcription?  Suggestions appreciated! ...