A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

iMedX the new Nuance? I'm afraid so - mtblues

Posted: Aug 29, 2014

After 20+ years in the industry, I've seen a lot of changes, but these big companies take the cake. They all want to be the big dog and think that eating up smaller companies, dropping everybody's wages, and sending the work to India and generally becoming a company that MTs ran from should be a goal or something to be proud of. Sure, boast that your company made 50+ million dollars last year and then tell your MTs in the same breath that they are not worth paying. As if one Nuance weren't enough, now we see another one trying their best to be a big dog -- iMedX. If you were employed with a smaller company who "merged", more like a takeover, with iMedX then you know what I'm talking about. If you worked for a company that valued customer service and valued their employees and now you work for iMedX then just be aware that you no longer hold any value to anyone in iMedX. It is so sad to work so hard for a company for so many years and then to be thrown into a group where hard work is not rewarded, hard work is not appreciated nor even recognized. What is even worse is to have your job duties double with a REDUCTION in pay. We all know the sad story they spin, hospitals cut reimbursement so we have to cut your wages. But the problem is that iMedX wants more for less. We as MTs take the hits for lower reimbursement, but then as a company don't ask me to be on-call and not pay me for it. Don't ask me to be available for stats 24/7 and not pay me for it. Don't tell me I have to be available 8 hours per day and then not have the work for me. Don't tell me that I have to take on more work because you cannot afford to hire the necessary personnel. I am disgusted over how quickly iMedX became Nuance. I would have thought that with all of the geniuses that iMedX boasts started this company to be different than Nuance and are the reason it is a baby big dog in the industry, that they would have learned some lessons from Nuance's mistakes. Pretty soon iMedX will be a younger sibling to Nuance and will be hated just as much -- then they will have to send all the work to India....99% quality, I don't think so!

To MT Blues - from another blue MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel as if I was reading something I wrote. I, too, have been in this industry for 20+ years. I worked IC most of that time, but when the work dried up, I had to move on and find another gig. I felt like I had finally found a great MTSO that I felt I would retire from. Within a week of signing on, the "merger" was announced with the new big bad dog on the block, and all my hopes of a brighter future for myself were quickly dashed. As an IC all those years, I had not had a paid day off in all that time, and had done nothing but work like an idiot. So, after the "merger," I had resolved to try to get out of MT. I took a minimum wage job, decided it wasn't working out, but ended up catching something, got a terrible ear infection that ruptured my TM with a 30% perforation and 50% loss of hearing. So, I just went back to my MT work and figured that I'll look for something else when things get a little worse (that was back at the end of May). I figure now that we are 6 months out from the "merger" that this is when the worse part starts, and should actually peak by March 1st next year.

I have made plans to move across country in a couple months and then will try to embark on something else as a real fresh start. It wasn't what I had planned on, but this is the way it is and I cannot make myself feel better by pining for days past for something that will likely never return. I'm not sure if I want to work in healthcare at all after this. I'd like to return to legal work, can't seem to even get a chance because my legal skills are no longer current, but who knows. Maybe real estate, maybe insurance, maybe pharmacy tech. I really don't know, and to tell the truth, I just don't care anymore. I just would like a job that doesn't make me miserable that I can stand to do for a while longer. My son makes a lot more than I do just waiting tables. I just don't want to have to put up with a lot of crap anymore.

Look at the bright side, for most of us in MT, any job would be an improvement. It's like we all stayed too long at the party, hoping that the party would get better. I had been told more than 4 years ago that days like today were on their way. I think we all kind of hoped somebody would be wrong about this.

Try to look at this as an unsolicited opportunity to choose to go in another direction. If you could have done something different, what would you have chosen? For myself, I think I would have liked to have been a personal chef.

So when Imdex finally does take over completely, they will drop wages? - Just waiting for the hit

[ In Reply To ..]
Imdex "merged" with TT. Not knowing what to expect. I think changes will take place in September now. So what TT is paying us now, Imedx will likely decrease? This is important to know to plan for. Any information on what to expect is helpful!

To waiting MT - another blue MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Though it is not written in stone, based on their track record with previous companies acquired and whose MTs have posted on these boards in the archives, I think it is a safe bet to say that changes are imminent. I expect at some point soon the line rate compensation will be reduced, all incentive and bonus will go away. The benefits have already been reduced. They did away with the internet reimbursement the day the "merger" was announced. The insurance plans have changed and are all 70/30 with very large deductibles (looks like the same plans that are on the government insurance exchanges, looks like they are not paying any part of the premiums as an employee benefit). My advice is to plan for a future with someone else at some point. Like you, I am just waiting for it.

Future - no clue

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm also waiting to see what happens. A lot of comments suggest to expect major changes within 6 months of merger. That time has come. I wonder if labor day will be the day a lot of us lose our jobs or if that will come later. The ax hanging over all our heads is depressing. If that's not what's in the company plan and they read this board, surely somebody would've had the ability to send word that what we've read on here is not going to be repeated. Since there has been no such communication, I can only imagine we're all feeling the same stress. I can't afford job loss or pay cut. I'm limited on options, but whatever happens, life moves on & something else will become the new job. I'm about ready for whatever will hit to just do it already & end the "wait".

Nuance - Jean

[ In Reply To ..]
Medical Center in Sonora, CA, made a deal, and in doing so, the hospital laid off their MTs. I could go on, just disgusted.

IMX... may be the - Final

[ In Reply To ..]
Borg-ization of MT. Even the name sounds vaguely sinister.

I'm with them now through signing on with TT. I don't know if they will drop pay much more, but I constantly run out of work and we are told to "flex" -- (check in every few hours apparently day and night) to try to maintain "required" lines. Not exactly sure what this means (free-for-all work schedule?). Required lines so they can justify not having to pay min wage to employees who produce nothing? or if this is even legal in USA (not long ago informed that email would be through IMX India), so don't know if American laws will apply to them). Working for lines or working for hours, who knows any more?

Yet I see they have joined the revolving door help-wanted advertising which doesn't seem like a good sign. TT almost never advertised for help, as I recall, now have seemingly permanent ad for an oncology account and still calling themselves TT (what's up with that?) Best in Klas 10 years ago! whatever that means.

Not sure yet what pay will be... paid only twice a month. Haven't even bothered to open the information on "benefits"... not sure if I can afford them. Have never felt so pessimistic about this (or any other) job... ever.

This is my final transmission from the dead deep space of what was formerly the happy, prosperous world of MT. So tired now.

Resistance is futile.

Wondering if they will change our status to IC then? - Lines vs Hours

[ In Reply To ..]
That is usually IC terminology....maintaining lines and not hours. Wonder if we do not have benefits with them if we will be IC then instead of employee? So many unanswered questions. What does ImedX usually pay their MTs for editing?

iMedX pay - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for iMedX now. I earn 4 cpl for editing voice rec work and 8 cpl for regular transcription. I hardly ever have any regular transcription work. I've never been told that I had to maintain a certain line count.

Yes, Imedx is taking over it seems - sm - Going down the rabbit hole

[ In Reply To ..]
They have taken over so many of late. I have heard thru my contacts (where I am at) that once in the VR system Falcon, and when any accts you are on switch to total VR (supposed to transition regular transcription to all VR) that pay will drop to 0.035. While they are still regular transcription though the pay will be whatever it is now for you. So you may be on 2 pay scales depending on what work you end up doing. The powers that be in India have only sent memo's saying pay will change, but not what it will change to, that was to come later...guess they did not want everyone quitting en mass so they are holding off telling everyone. I had one of my managers tell me not to believe a thing he/she tells me as they are just telling everyone what they were told to say. So any email I get I take with a huge grain of salt and try to read between the lines. So far everything I thought would happen is happening and it just plain sucks. Many have quit, I am probably going too soon as well (work as IC so nothing to lose), just in limbo between jobs on the outside coming to fruitation, one starts next week and the other once I go thru the process should start in another month or so, once I pass my background check. I am not leaving MT completely as I have another IC job that I enjoy a lot and pays better, and is part-time, so will keep my hands in it for a while longer!

BEEN THERE DONE THAT - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

When IMEDX reared their ugly head a number of years ago and took over Medware (a great company I might add), within months we were all slowly kicked to the curb.  I'm not surprised about what I'm reading but I wouldn't wait around to see what happens. Take it from somebody who was there.

Similar Messages:

Which Is Better -- ImedX Or Nuance?
Apr 25, 2012

I am training at Nuance right now, but have been offered a position at ImedX.  Would you stick with Nuance or do you think ImedX is better.  I am not worried about making a lot of money at this point.  Just want a little spending money on the side.   Seems kind of discouraging working at Nuance from all the negative posts.  Seems like there are many unhappy campers at Nuance -- too bad for them.     ...

IMEDX - TTS - Nuance
Dec 23, 2014

I see complaining and complaining on these companies a lot in the last few weeks/months, but I dont understand it.   First you are offered pennies on the dollar and then fuss about no Christmas gift.  (duh if they cant pay a decent wage, what makes you think they will splurge on a gift).  Then repeatedly people come on here and warn you about taking a job with these companies, and yet you do it anyway and then all i see are vents and people upset with their job.    C ...

IMedX Versus Nuance
Feb 06, 2014

I have been offered a position with both companies and I have heard some really rough things about Nuance and was wondering if anyone had the choice between these two which one would you choose? ...

Nuance And IMedX Are Involved In Talks To Merge.
Mar 11, 2014

I heard from a good source that Nuance and iMedX are currently involved in the details of a merge. Hang onto your hats MTs. I had a sense that something was very fishy with iMedX and their relationship with "former" Nuance suits. ...

AFRAID TO BE AN IC
Aug 25, 2012

I am afraid to be an independent contractor! Between no benefits and no work. Does anyone have anything good to being an IC? Don't the employees get the work first? Do you "babysit" the computer a lot? ...

Too Afraid?
Nov 21, 2012

Is everyone too afraid to answer or are they keeping you in the dark also about human resources.  I know about 10 years ago or so MQ settled a class action lawsuit about how they payed wrong or something or another, but since then it seems like everyone who works for them is just like cows to slaughter.  Step right up, work for us and bend it on over.  Someone has to stand up and say something, and I think it might have to be her - if she can find out how to get to human resources ...

Be Afraid
Feb 12, 2013

http://www.mygeartools.com/articles/transcription-outsourcing-leads-to-womans-death-140m-settlement/ ...

Don't Be Afraid.
Feb 20, 2013

Article about MT abuse by the industry.  I was nauseated after reading this.  I absolutely love my job, not the industry. "Part of the problem as I see it is that medical transcription has become a commodity, paid on production, with little or no acknowledgement of the wealth of knowledge a transcriptionist must have in order to perform the work." "Medical transcriptionists need to stop being afraid of what will happen to them if they speak up, and start thinking about what i ...

I'm Sorry - Afraid I Will Be Lost Below!
Dec 11, 2009

Under IC QA - thanks (waaaay down there - lots of comments) but after you read this - do I have options? ...

Don't Be Afraid To Stand Up For Yourselves...
Dec 30, 2009

What has happened to us as an MT community.  Whenever someone speaks up with anything negative (but factual) about this so-called profession, there is always someone there to belittle the person, or give the old (my personal favorite) just shut up, take it, and LOVE it attitude.  We have absolutely NO  POWER left whatsoever? Is this true? Can this be  -  in our great country - are we just lying down and accepting all that is happening. We are allowing ourselves to go ba ...

I'm Afraid To Ask This. I Came Over From Spheris. Sm
Jun 17, 2010

If anyone is still reading this, at tihis point, question is about time off.  When MQ bought us, we were told they would let us keep our time off hours.  Except they must be used before the end of the year.  Only problem is, they are not letting us take those hours.  We were even told we must use MQ time off hours or lose them before the end of the year. I'm scared silly to ask this, but is this what the swap board is all about?  If you need time off and someo ...

Not Sure What To Do. Afraid Of What A Physician Is Asking Me To Do. Advice
Nov 20, 2010

I have an account with a physician whom had one of his office staff call me yesterday on their cell phone, asking me to "delete" information on a particular patient, certain things in their weekly follow up visit reports.  He is being audited by someone, and this sort of freaks me out. I do not want to alter a dictation that has already been billed to insurance for.  I asked him to send the request to me in writing, so that in the event something would happen, I would have that infor ...

Are Any Of You Afraid To Go Out Into The Real World Again?
Feb 04, 2012

After my company recently dropped my account by 1-1/2 cents, I have been considering either a job switch or maybe even an inhouse hospital position but the thought of it puts me in a panic.  Has anyone else experienced that?  I have been doing this job at home for 20 years and one of the reasons I love it is I don't have to deal with the politics of a work place or people in general.  I was a vet tech before an MT so obviously I love animals and prefer being with m ...

Afraid To Sign Up For Medical Insurance, Don't Want
Nov 20, 2013

I know that sounds crazy, but this company is MAKING me crazy! Up to now, I haven't signed up for the medical insurance, but now I need to and am afraid that will make me a future "target" for firings/layoffs.  That's the main issue I have with this company right now - the "unknown." I know that many people really don't know what the future holds with their company and that layoffs happen, but this company has a striking track record for mass firings, and it always seems to b ...

KS's Ad States 'MTs Who Are Not Afraid Of ESLs.' When Will These MTSOs Get It?
May 31, 2014

time spent trying to get out a decent product with these guys. With technology on one hand and India on the other getting the good guys, ESLs are pretty much the norm for MTs with any given company these days and we know how to leave blanks and move on. "Afraid" of ESLs? Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You don't put that one on the MTs. It's the bill collector that drives us, and you will get what you pay for based on the premise that time is money. enough said. ...

A Tool Providing Anonimity On Line For Those Who Are Afraid Of Retaliation
Dec 04, 2014

I have noticed that there is a lot of fear among workers here when it comes to reporting any suspected illegal or even unethical activity on the part of their employer.  Therefore, I will put you onto a tool that might help.  It's called TOR and it was developed by the US Government to help people in places like Iran post on line without fear of repercussions from oppressive governments.  This tool not only allows people to browse the Internet annonymously, it allows users to ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

Imedx?
May 07, 2012

Anybody have any words about this company, good or bad? ...

IMedX
Jul 02, 2012

Was just informed that my current employer has merged with  iMedX.  Does anyone know anything at all about this company? ...

IMedX PTO
Mar 03, 2014

My company has been acquired by iMedX. How much PTO do we get? Thank you. ...

IMedX Pay
Jul 17, 2014

Has anyone elseĀ  who works at iMedX noticed that pay is usually less than the invoice? This is a consistent occurrence for me. ...

Imedx ??
Jul 18, 2014

What info does anyone have on imedx? Good and bad ?  Thank you  ...

SGS/IMEDX
Jul 31, 2014

What we were told is that it was a "partnership".  They were just described to us as a new HR company taking over our HR Department.  I hadn't heard anything about people getting layed off, but it doesn't surprise me.  We just elected our health benefits with United Health Care and now they want us to they want to choose health plans all over again with Aetna!! ...

TT/Imedx
Dec 19, 2014

Things are just too quiet. So many problems, and I feel like they just quit talking about them.  No more mention of shutting down TT e-mail, etc.  I agree with a poster below who stated she feels like she works for a nonentity.   I realized today I haven't even seen an e-mail from DH in a month.  Starting to wonder if even she jumped ship or was told to get off the ship.   ...

TT/Imedx - How Many W2s? Not That I've
Jan 19, 2015

I was lucky enough to get out of MT and TT/Imedx just before Christmas.  I can't remember how many payroll companies there were last year and how many W2s to expect.  Guess I'm just trying to block out the whole experience of TT/Imedx!  TIA ...

TT W2s Before IMEDX
Jan 28, 2015

Has anyone received their TT W2s from before IMEDX as of yet?  Can anyone tell me the website where they would be available?  I believe it was ADP, and I can't get in there.  TIA for any and all help. ...

Imedx/tt
Feb 05, 2015

I am afraid that imedx is wanting to eliminate all TransTech employees.  That is the only thing that makes sense to me, considering their decisions.  We will see. ...

Imedx And SGS
Feb 05, 2015

Has anyone else noticed that since 2/1, an account that used to be overflowing with work now has almost none? ...