A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

been called to jury duty this week - Called to serve

Posted: Mar 21, 2011

Hey, guys! I've been called to jury duty this week. I have notified my supervisor. What is the general procedure you are on a production basis? This will certainly have an effect on my quota.

I was allowed to flex my time...sm - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
worked on scheduled days off, etc. My supervisor was terrific during this time and allowed me get in the hours. Fortunately, although my case took 7 days, most of those days were 1/2 days, so it was pretty easy to get the hours/lines in--hectic, but doable. Just had to keep telling myself it was temporary.

My company doesn't pay for jury duty time, - but I also couldnt get out of - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
serving, either. I had to be in court at 8:30 every day, but usually we got off anywhere from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM every evening. So, I worked in the evenings. I couldn't do my whole 8 hours, but usually could put in around 6 hours. I got some extra time in on the weekend, and the rest I took out of PTO. I still made less money, but by juggling some bills, paying the minimum on others, and skimping on meals, I got by.

My company does not pay for jury duty - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
either. Luckily, I was out by lunch every day and only had to go 6 days out of the 2 weeks I was on. I just made up my time at night and on the weekends. They were very flexible with me.

I requested to be excused, and was. - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Although I believe it is important to do your civic duty, I just couldn't afford to lose much of my pay for who knows how long. So I requested to be excused. The jury administrator requested a letter in writing from my employer stating that it would impact me financially, which they did, and I was excused. Simple as that. I'm sure it depends on the state/county you live in, but if it's going to be a financial hardship for you, you might try this.

I had the option to be excused, but then they - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
reserve the right to call you again the next go round until you serve (at least in my county), so I just did it and made up my time. You can only ask to be excused so many times.

Similar Messages:

No Pay Jury Duty!!
Jun 15, 2010

I'm so upset....I just got $0 paycheck from Keystrokes.  I was on jury duty and had been told I would be paid for it.  I sent an email to find out what happened.  Now I've been told that the company doesn't pay for it and to use PTO, which as PT I don't get!!!  Had they been upfront with me when I first told them (team lead, etc.) of the jury duty summons, I would have gotten a note from work excusing me from&nb ...

Does Anyone Know How They Pay For Jury Duty?
Apr 24, 2012

Does anyone know how they pay for jury duty? My boss said to put it in as jury duty pay, but if they are going to take it off my vacation time, I don't want that.  I want to save that for important, needed vacation time.  Thanks.  ...

If You Have Jury Duty Pay Attention
Mar 12, 2013

Make sure you enter it as jury duty and not "excused no pay."  Your CCM may tell you to enter it as the latter but in most if not all states, your employer is required to pay you.  ...

Trying To Figure Out Jury Duty Time Off
Apr 28, 2010

I've been trying to figure out jury duty time off.  I'm PT and see a lot of info for the FT folks and PT in certain states, not mine, but don't see anything other than that.  Does that mean they won't release me for jury duty?  I kind of thought companies were required to let you off for Jury duty.  Where I live, I can only opt out of Jury duty if I can prove an actual hardship and I don't believe MQ disallowing me to go constitutes that.  If anybody has experienc ...

Medical Transcription & Jury Duty Pay?
Jun 14, 2010

Does anybody know for sure if we get paid for jury duty?  I'm thinking we do, but don't remember for sure.  Just got summons today.  But also, I have a 10-year-old son home with me all day in the summer and I am wondering if I can get out of it because of that.  Anybody know or have any advice, I'd appreciate it! ...

Jury Duty Pay For A Medical Transcriptionist
Apr 08, 2015

Does anyone know off hand if MModal pays for jury duty for part-time employees? ...

Anyone Know How The Jury Duty Policy Works For Part Time
Dec 03, 2013

I know we don't get paid for it but if we have jury duty do we have to take one of our 13 days for it? Doesn't seem right to me. I have to do jury duty and don't get paid by MM and yet have to use one of my 13 days off when I can use those later for something I really want to do? ...

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

What Is That Called?
Dec 08, 2009

When they rub your sternum with knuckles?   Doc says . . . No response to s/l noxic stimuli. ...

Has Anyone Every Heard Of A Lab Called A BVV?
Nov 20, 2009

This is an NP dictating on a pt newly placed on Coumadin for DVT. ...

My CCM Just Called. I Just Got Audited.
Jun 15, 2011

I hope this post quells some tempers and fears.  Obviously there are a lot of audits going on.  I got the call and my CCM said "just wanted to let you know that you are going great.  You were audited and are right where you need to be with quality and are above production level".  She said thank you very much and that she appreciated my hard work.  I asked her if she ever frequented this board, she said yes.  I told her about the firing posts and she said that peo ...

Patient Called 9-1-1 Or 911?
Mar 25, 2011

So-called Testing
Jan 29, 2012

Let me see if I got this right. You send me a few voice files.  You send me a few templates.  You send NO other instructions whatsoever.  I wing it, based on my years of experience and common sense.  The fact that I left out a blurb the speaker "always" wants in there (but never dictated) causes me to fail your so-called test? A blessing in disguise I think.  You should add "needs to be a mind reader" in your job post. ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

TTT-Anyone Called Back?
Sep 30, 2012

Anyone here called to work again for TTT? If so, are you chosing to upgrade your own PC or buy one from the company?   ...

New Radiology Ccm Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Oct 19, 2012

okay, since they fired our old manager and this new person took over, i spend more time out of work than i do working...also, the ONLY reports i get now are over 2 minutes long (in case you didn't know, radiology is paid by report)...i used to be able to bust my butt, but make a decent living...in the past two weeks, my pay has dropped by about 45% due to lack of work and distribution of reports....all since this mangament change...i don't know if she is giving them all to her old team ...

Anyone Ever Hear From Their CCM Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Feb 06, 2013

Got a new one, my 4th in a year btw, and the last one I heard from every day, at least 10 times a day with calls, e mails, etc.  This one started probably 2 weeks ago, haven't had a call from her to introduce herself, no e mail, no reply to my e mail...nothing. It is either feast or famine I guess.  I just hope when it is time for vacay,I hear from her but if I don't, guess she won't miss me when I'm gone ...

Nuance Called Me!!
Nov 12, 2014

Nuance actually called me out of the blue today regarding a job...I have heard A LOT of miserable things about them...do they still ring true?? ...

Just Called Support We Are Down
May 20, 2015

Accidenally hit my power button and logging back on I get unable to reach server..ticker number 1371940 ...

Does MQ Have Something Called Special Teams? SM
Apr 08, 2010

Group of MTs who go from account to account to help out if there is a backlog, JACHO or what have you?  You can tell if they're on your account because you keep getting the trashy doctors. I suppose you'll say the easy stuff is sent to India, but I'm just wondering.  I work for Spheris, so just thought I would ask.  Wonder how all of this is going to play out. Thanks. ...

Let Go Three Times And Called Back Again
May 04, 2010

Why does an employer, who let you go three times in three different type of work settings, yet call me back again to work for them? It is like they had a layoff a year ago with all this BS in mind. They have to know that I would hate to go back there with all this wishy-washy stuff; it is almost like they did it on purpose so that it would be a year and they could see if they could get something for nothing. I am having enough trouble trying to get out of this insane "career" without this type o ...

It's Called Trinket Trash.
May 21, 2010

I was reading the posts from below, so if anyone is interested, that is the name given to it by the people who distribute it.  You know the stuff - free little trinkets that you get from the bank with their name on it or you attend an event and it has the name of the promoter on it.  I really wish they had not sent it to me.  Now I have the responsibility of disposing of it into the garbage because trash it really is.  If it was serviceable (well, some of you have found uses ...

This So-called Upgrade Has Left Me
Sep 05, 2010

completely inadequate in doing my job. I have lost my desire to even type.  I can't believe how clunky I feel navigating around in this. I'm glad I will be gone from here soon! ...

Is There A Drug Called Lexium?
Jun 22, 2011

Patient is a GYN patient with severe left lower quadrant pain who went to the ER and received s/l lexium and Lortab.  Any advice?  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called DTS?
Jan 21, 2011

They recently took over Wahltek.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...