A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know how they pay for jury duty? - Nana

Posted: Apr 24, 2012

Does anyone know how they pay for jury duty? My boss said to put it in as jury duty pay, but if they are going to take it off my vacation time, I don't want that.  I want to save that for important, needed vacation time.  Thanks. 

jury duty - worker

[ In Reply To ..]
Jury duty does not get deducted from PTO. See "Leave Type" in the pop-up box where you enter the request for time off. I have received JD pay in the past.

Jury duty - Nana

[ In Reply To ..]
Thankyou :)

Jury duty - she is right

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, that is true. You will receive a full day (or however many hours you are gone) at your PTO rate, but it will not be deducted from your PTO time.
Financial hardship - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
The last few times I have been called for jury duty, I just claim financial hardship even if MM pays for it. Whatever they pay, it is not enough to live on, and I just put down I could not afford to be on jury duty for 2 weeks and I make more by working. I haven't had a problem with that so far, not lying, its the truth.
Our summons say financial hardship is not an excuse... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Our state doesn't count that or transportation - AnonToo
[ In Reply To ..]
Here financial hardship or lack of transportation (which is stupid since there are NO BUSES) are not an excuse.

Similar Messages:

No Pay Jury Duty!!
Jun 15, 2010

I'm so upset....I just got $0 paycheck from Keystrokes.  I was on jury duty and had been told I would be paid for it.  I sent an email to find out what happened.  Now I've been told that the company doesn't pay for it and to use PTO, which as PT I don't get!!!  Had they been upfront with me when I first told them (team lead, etc.) of the jury duty summons, I would have gotten a note from work excusing me from&nb ...

If You Have Jury Duty Pay Attention
Mar 12, 2013

Make sure you enter it as jury duty and not "excused no pay."  Your CCM may tell you to enter it as the latter but in most if not all states, your employer is required to pay you.  ...

Trying To Figure Out Jury Duty Time Off
Apr 28, 2010

I've been trying to figure out jury duty time off.  I'm PT and see a lot of info for the FT folks and PT in certain states, not mine, but don't see anything other than that.  Does that mean they won't release me for jury duty?  I kind of thought companies were required to let you off for Jury duty.  Where I live, I can only opt out of Jury duty if I can prove an actual hardship and I don't believe MQ disallowing me to go constitutes that.  If anybody has experienc ...

Medical Transcription & Jury Duty Pay?
Jun 14, 2010

Does anybody know for sure if we get paid for jury duty?  I'm thinking we do, but don't remember for sure.  Just got summons today.  But also, I have a 10-year-old son home with me all day in the summer and I am wondering if I can get out of it because of that.  Anybody know or have any advice, I'd appreciate it! ...

Been Called To Jury Duty This Week
Mar 21, 2011

Hey, guys! I've been called to jury duty this week. I have notified my supervisor. What is the general procedure you are on a production basis? This will certainly have an effect on my quota. ...

Jury Duty Pay For A Medical Transcriptionist
Apr 08, 2015

Does anyone know off hand if MModal pays for jury duty for part-time employees? ...

Anyone Know How The Jury Duty Policy Works For Part Time
Dec 03, 2013

I know we don't get paid for it but if we have jury duty do we have to take one of our 13 days for it? Doesn't seem right to me. I have to do jury duty and don't get paid by MM and yet have to use one of my 13 days off when I can use those later for something I really want to do? ...