A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone out there applied for unemployment and gotten it? - Statutory employee

Posted: Dec 04, 2012

Has anyone out there applied for unemployment and gotten it that had been considered a statutory employee?

It depends on the state. Some do, some don't. - x

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I did with help from attorney - Sick of it

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't take it another day, after being employed 20 years I decided enough is enough. I applied for unemployment based on fact that I was constructively discharged (forced to quit under terrible working conditions) and qualified no problem.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Applied For Partial Unemployment
Jul 17, 2010

Has anyone applied for partial unemployment and if so, were you able to get it?  All I ever get is NJA and I'll be damned if I am going to use all my PTO or sit by this computer 24/7.  I do not get up and do things as I should - I sit by this computer and constantly log into  DQS.  I must be nuts but MQ made me this way.  Thanks for any info!! ...

Anybody With OSi Or Applied?
Apr 14, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know About MD-IT? I Applied For A Job...sm
Jun 07, 2010

I can't find any posts by searching either current or archives.  Does anyone work for them currently?  I would appreciate any infor, good or bad, anyone might have.  Thanks!  ...

Applied For UE, See What Happens
Jan 24, 2013

I am part time but signed on this morning, no work.  I do get half of my benefit rate for four hours so will see what UE says.  That thing where it says how much do you make per hour?? That is a tricky one.  I just divided what I normally make.  I wonder if they will call me. ...

For Everyone Who Applied With QMT...
Apr 04, 2014

I cannot reply to everyone who sent me a resume, but wanted you all to know that I was unable to keep the account I was subcontracting with, Patient First, so I will not be hiring any MTs to work on this with me.  It was very unprofitable for all of us to spend so much time working on the difficult doctors and keep up with all the account specifics and changing doctors without specific assignment and still be productive, so we called it quits.  Thank you to everyone who took the ...

What Is It With Companies, I Applied For Four Different
Apr 28, 2010

positions and did not hear from any of them, not even a thanks for applying, but no thanks.  I have 10+ years of experience and met or exceeded all their qualifications.  One company I did actually test for, never heard anything for days then finally a call and I missed the call and when I called back they would not even take my call, what's up with that? ...

Applied With Transcript USA
May 14, 2010

Applied with Transcript-USA.  They emailed and said they wanted to interview me.  They were supposed to call me yesterday.  Then they emailed and said person was out of office due to emergency and would call on Monday.  Then they emailed me today and said thanks for applying, but they can't use me!  Total BS - I did not pursue several other good leads because I thought this was a good company - it is a totally flakey, disorganized company instead - avoid them. ...

Applied For A QCE Job At An MTSO
Jan 06, 2012

I applied to a big MTSO as a quality control editor, editing already speech-recognized transcription, an hourly job, but they didn't tell me the wage until after the test that included the following:   SKILLS ASSESSMENT TEST SPECIFICSScreening:1) Spelling – Multiple Choice – 5-10 Questions2) Spelling – Fill in the Blanks – 5-10 Questions* 3) Sentences – Multiple Choice – 5-10 Questions4) Grammar/Usage – Choose Words – 5-10 Questions ...

Just Applied At Oracle
Jun 07, 2012

I just applied at Oracle.  I don't understand what they pay per line.  It says they have eScription as one of their platforms.  They want 3500 LPH part-time, 5000 LPH full-time.  Are they still in business or really hiring.  I was able to get onto their site but I seem to find things about them that are old - like comments.  Also, are they a big company?    Thank you.  ...

Applied At KS. Ad Says They Use Meditech. S/M
Jul 03, 2012

I just searched the archives for Meditech 2012 and this platform sounds like it sucks.  I have just learned the Escription platform but I need a day job and hate this VR crap.  My question is you who are working on Meditech, is it still time consuming and cutting into your pay?   ...

I Applied Just Before They Said They Were Hiring
Oct 23, 2012

I applied just before they said they were hiring...should I apply again?  Any suggestions? ...

Applied For MME Position And
Apr 23, 2013

I applied and took the test for the MME position like they wanted us to and this is the message I got. Thank you for your interest in a position with M*Modal. As you may know, the competition is exceptionally strong for this position. While your background has many impressive aspects, we have selected candidates who more closely fit our current business needs. Again, thank you for your interest in M*Modal. Thank you for your interest in a position with M*Modal. As you may know, the competi ...

Applied To TTS Last Week
Mar 31, 2014

I applied to TTS last week. Got an email within minutes of submitting the application and objective test asking when was a good time to call me. Got a phone call before I even replied to the email. Had a job offer on the spot. WTF. Felt very rushed into making a decision...no surprise given the horrible pay rate (0.0641 text and 0.0326 speech). But I accepted the job for the sole reason that I need a job that will give me benefits for me and the family. I don't even care so much about the c ...

Anyone Applied To A Posted
Apr 29, 2014

and actually received any sort of reply?  This drives me crazy. I feel like my internet wires are clogged and my applications are not making it past the wall of my room.     ...

Has Anyone Applied With QED Transcription?
Sep 18, 2014

I applied for a Behavioral Transcription position with Q.E.D transcription. I took all of the exams, including the Clinic and Behavioral transcription exams. I received aa 83.50 on the clinical exam and a 93.00 on the behavioral exam. However, I received an e-mail from Q.E.D stating that I did not pass the exams. I was wondering if anyone had applied with this company and taken the exams. If so, what score must one receive in order to pass the exams? ...

Has Anyone Applied At Phoenix Medcom
Dec 28, 2009

Has anyone applied at Phoenix Medcom over the last few weeks and gotten a response?  Also would love to hear pros and cons from anyone who works for this company.  Thanks.   ...

What's The Deal With Focus? I Have Applied Twice And Still Cannot
Apr 08, 2010

even get a response.  I have had almost 20 years of MT experience and I can only assume, based on what I read on here, that they don't want me because I am too experienced and they only want newbies who they can pay 6 or 7 cpl.  Has anyone else had this experience with them? ...

Recently Applied For A Job With Keystrokes
Jun 23, 2011

I have recently applied for a job with Keystrokes. Does anyone have information regarding this company?  If so, please share with me as I am looking something part time and one of my specialties is Otolaryngology. Thanks for any info you may have! ...

Anybody Applied To Advanced Transcription
Oct 01, 2010

Anybody applied to this company?  Anyone work for them?  For those of you who have interviewed with them, what was it like?  Thanks. ...

Applied To Transolutions A Few Days Ago
Jun 17, 2011

I applied to Transolutions a few days ago shortly after they posted their ad, but have heard nothing. Just wondered if anyone else has applied and had no response? I'm not a newbie, but have over 15 years in the medical transcription industry. ...

HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR JOB AT TTD, INC (THE TRANSCRIPTION DOCTORS)??
Aug 05, 2011

I've been watching the board, waiting on someone to post their experience with TTD, Inc. They've posted several jobs on this site. Surely, someone applied and got hired. I got hired, no testing, no training, got sent a few jobs, did them, submitted them, and haven't heard anything back in 2 days. I sent an e-mail asking if there was more work available, and NOTHING! How unprofessional, right? Someone please tell me what your experience was with them. ...

Applied For SOAP Transcription?
Nov 21, 2011

Has anyone else out there applied for one of there many positions and not heard anything? I applied for a few of them over a month ago and have not heard anything. I even sent them notes wondering if they got my resume and have not heard anything. ...

Has Anyone Applied At Landmark And/or Work There?
Dec 01, 2011

Has anyone applied at Landmark and/or work there?  How long does it usually take to get a response to test after you apply? ...

Applied And Tested For M*Modal
Mar 06, 2012

My question is this?  What is everyone's issue really?  I see a lot of complaining but I have found that in this industry if you do your work and stick to your schedule you make plenty of money.  In addition, I see complaints regarding not getting answers to questions, etc.  Can you not get information from account specs and research?  Again, this is an industry where you have to do some leg work to get the job done 90% of the time (most companies do not have team l ...

I Have Applied At United Transcription. . .
Aug 13, 2012

. . . so we'll see.  I don't particularly like that they give you a choice of set shifts, even as an IC, which is what I want, because I have to juggle my work with another job as a travel agent.  However, I HAVE to have at least 1000 lines a day to keep me going between commissions.  I usually work in the evenings and early in the morning and I have no problem with TAT.  I don't need to be babysat and held to a set schedule, since I have been doing this for 20 ...

Applied For Or Worked For TransPortal?
Sep 06, 2012

Has anyone applied for or worked for TransPortal?   ...

Hm, Applied To The State For A Transcriptionist Job
Sep 16, 2012

State is cali, and they're broke but the position is temporary (2 years) and with full benefits. The person who called me said he will be doing his best to push my application forward in the least amount of time but may take up to 3-4 months to actually get the job. Pay is in the low 30,000 range but better than I'm making now plus steady work that will give me a year or two to be able to pay my bills while exploring other career options/schooling once this dries up. I'm cautious ...

Transcription Solutions Of SC Anyone Applied?
Nov 19, 2012

Has anyone who has applied for the job posting last week from Transcription Solutions of SC heard anything back from them?  I tested with them last week and noticed today the job ad was removed.  I have not heard back from them yet.  ...

Anyone Who Has Applied For Social Security Or UE. Sm
Dec 27, 2012

Did you list Nuance as your employer or AlphaStaff or ADP? Confusing for me. Waiting for HR to reply, but I need to know soon.  It's like pulling teeth to get information from this company.  ...

What Is The Deal With TTS? About 3 Weeks Ago I Applied
Apr 07, 2013

through a post on a job board. I took the test, which was open book and untimed. I checked each answer before submitting so I know I got everything correct. I have over 20 years of experience with multiple specialties. I never heard anything. Then there was a post here to send resume directly to the recruiter, not through the website, which I did. Then there was an ad to apply for Dictaphone accounts directly to the recruiter, which I did. I still haven't heard anything.    ...