A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone applied for partial unemployment - NJA

Posted: Jul 17, 2010

Has anyone applied for partial unemployment and if so, were you able to get it?  All I ever get is NJA and I'll be damned if I am going to use all my PTO or sit by this computer 24/7.  I do not get up and do things as I should - I sit by this computer and constantly log into  DQS.  I must be nuts but MQ made me this way.  Thanks for any info!!

Yes, got partial unemployment while working at Transcend due to - Hazel

[ In Reply To ..]
no available work. I don't know if this is still part of the package, but there is also another $25 per week as part of the stimulus package. Also, I talked to them about over payment once and they said it was not a mistake. You can still make a certain amount of money in addition to collecting your unemployment. (No wonder the deficit keeps climbing). I have another job now but things are probably much the same as it has only been a few months.

Similar Messages:

Partial Unemployment?
Feb 16, 2010

Anyone had luck in getting partial unemployment as a PT employee?  I have a record of all NJA which does not happen every day but at least a few times each month. ...

Wondering If Many Of You Have Applied For Or Are Collecting Partial (sm)
Feb 14, 2014

unemployment.  This is now the end of 3rd week with production next to nothing.  I have very little time around my schedule to make up time but when I can I still find it very sporadic and so I am reluctant to make time to do that.  Thankfully I was able to go without pay or very little for the first 2 weeks but now I'm worried.  DH has agreed that we could use our tax return to supplement our income and really wants me to just up and quit.  I am miserable ...

Is It Really Possible To Qualify For Partial Unemployment?
Oct 10, 2010

By year's end, I will have made about half of what I normally make working the same number of FT hours.  I've read suggestions on here to apply for partial UI, which could probably save my behind - I'm not sure how much longer I can pay the rent and not sure where me and kids would go.  However, is it really possible to qualify for that considering the nature of our work, paid by production?  Could'nt it be argued (wrongly so!!) that we just slacked off and did ...

To Those Who Have Filed For Partial Unemployment
Nov 01, 2012

I briefly looked over the website for unemployment in my state (Texas) and find it very confusing.  Did you go to an office to do this?  Also what info do I need to have available for filing?  Believe me, I've been job hunting for 2+ years.  I've had a couple of interviews but so far no hire.  I'm almost to the point I would work in housekeeping just to get a steady job!!!!!!  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Filing For Partial Unemployment
Mar 22, 2013

Any advice?  I was shy over 8 hours last week due to OOW (towards end of pay period, so no way to catch it up) and over 10 hours this week now (my last scheduled day was yesterday, and I'll be checking in to see if I can catch up some today on my day off, which won't be 10 hours, of course).   Is there generally a certain number of hours, rate of pay, etc., that one has to be shy of actual scheduled in order to qualify?  I understand it may be different from state to st ...

Is It Possible To Collect Partial Unemployment?
Jan 07, 2014

I've heard this before, but was unable to find anything about it ... I live in Georgia.  I went through all my PTO over the holidays because of NJA, and now it's the beginning of the week and I'm already 4 hours down.  What good does it do to "work" on holidays, when there's never any work?  I guess they just can't stand paying that holiday pay ... I'm so depressed right now and my first check of 2014 that I will get on Friday is going to be horrible. ...

Partial Unemployment In New York State?
Sep 06, 2012

Has anyone ever applied for and received partial unemployment in New York state? I looked at their unemployment benefits website and it looks like if you work at all in a day you are considered to have worked that day and you can only get partial unemployment if you work less than 4 days a week? I have been struggling with very low work or no work for weeks now. I was hoping that I could apply for partial unemployment, but I'm not sure how I would qualify. TIA! ...

Partial Unemployment - Company With Not Enough Work
Apr 22, 2013

I hope everyone at this company with not enough work is aware that you can file for partial unemployment.  I knew nothing about this until last year at another job.  You can file to receive partial benefits if you don't work all your hours due to lack of work.  ...

Punished For Filing For Partial Unemployment?
Jul 28, 2013

I'm thinking about applying for partial unemployment. The only thing holding me back is i'm afraid I will get retalation from the company or even get fired. I'm afraid that I will be out of a job completely without having anything else lined up. I've had maybe 2-3 hours a day of work if i'm lucky for going on a week now, and i'm really worried about paying my bills. I have been applying for other jobs in the meantime as well. I would love to hear anyone's exper ...

Applied For Partial UE But Since I Am Part Time, Same As My Benefit Rate
Feb 19, 2013

They told me the amt I would get is the same as my benefit rate of four hours paid by mmodal so I guess I won't bother.  It seems to be more of a pain than its worth. I will just take the benefit rate times four hours.  Can't live on it but better than nothing. ...

Partial Unemployment ? - If You Work For A Company In A Different State Sm
Aug 05, 2011

than you live in which state would you file for benefits in?  Thanks! ...

Partial Unemployment - Work Starts To Dwindle
Jun 01, 2013

If you are hired to work a 40 hour week and the work starts to dwindle, does anyone know when you can contact unemployment to collect partial unemployment...have also asked for a secondary account and have not heard a word back...am going on 3 weeks of not getting in my full 40 hours and am so frustrated...am in NJ, if anyone has any info...thanks so much! ...

Any Partial UE (or Laid Off) MTs Having Trouble Getting Paid Unemployment?
Sep 13, 2013

CA just changed computer systems and 1000s of workers haven't been paid.  It's a mess and getting media attention now.  My paper claim was lost and payment is being delayed.  If you think MTs are grumpy on forums, you should see the UE forum crowd.  lol   Anyway, I'm not panicking yet, but hopefully it gets cleared and I'm paid by next month. ...

Is Filing For Partial Unemployment Due To Lack Of Work
Jul 23, 2014

A good way to just get yourself booted?  Would most companies tell you to get lost if you end up filing for partial? ...

Anyone Out There Applied For Unemployment And Gotten It?
Dec 04, 2012

Has anyone out there applied for unemployment and gotten it that had been considered a statutory employee? ...

Partial UE - Let's Try This Again
Jan 24, 2013

I just got off the phone with our local UE office, and the rep informed me that there's no such thing as partial UE in my state (Louisiana). She advised me to ask you all how you answered certain questions when filing your claims, such as "what was your last work date" and "when were you separated from your employer," etc. In other words, did you have to file a regular UE claim, or does your state provide a separate application process for partial UE? I'd hate to file a claim ju ...

No More Partial UE
Aug 28, 2013

Am I correct here that we can no longer collect partial UE because our NJA option for release from work with no pay has been taken away, leaving us ONLY the option to work or take PTO?  How clever of them. ...

Question About Partial UE
Jan 27, 2013

Is there a certain number of hours you have to be out of work each week to qualify for partial UE, or can it be for 6-8 hours per week of NJA?  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Getting Partial UE And Working At MD-IT?
Feb 22, 2013

I have not had any lines in days after the company I work for swtiched to a rapid reponse team format. My supervisors have not emailed me about the fact that I have not worked at all. I applied for unemplyment insurance the other day to help either until the lines comes back in, I can find another job or they fire me. Has anyone else gotten partial unemployment while still being officially employed by an MT company, although making zero dollars while employed? ...

Got My First Partial UE Today
Apr 01, 2013

It is in the form of a debit card and if you don't need the money, you can just leave it on the card or you can dd into a bank acct.  It is not much but I am greatful I have it since I am only part time. It helps out ...

Partial Lack?
Jul 24, 2013

doctor dictates what s/l : Likely left thumb EPL partial lack, does that sound right? ...

Question Regarding Partial UE
Dec 16, 2013

I just went from hourly pay to production pay and of course not making as much as I was, can you apply for UE to make up the difference of is that only for NJA?  Thanks for any information.   ...

Partial Dictations
Jun 22, 2014

I think all dictations at Nuance should be partial dictation worktype. Wtih "partial dictations, you don't have to do as much checking of demographics, figuring out date of service and filling that in, etc., and not having to pend and leave comments so mcuh. I notice I'm about 75 lines faster an hour when it's partial dictations because there's less outside-the-report activity to be done. This is extra activity we dont' even get paid for. After all, MTs are only paid ...

What's Up With All The Partial Dictation?
Apr 21, 2015

nm ...

Question On Partial Lines
Jun 05, 2012

Have a couple of questions for those of you who have been with Transcend/Nuance.   I had a very short report the other day and actually counted each character and space. It was only 2 sentences long, so wasn't too much to count, but the total characters divided by 65 was equal to 10.8 lines. My first question is whether there is pay for partial lines? I looked at my matrix after submitting the report and got credit for 10 lines, but there is no decimal and partial lines listed. I ...

Can You Get Partial UE If You Are Part Time
Jan 23, 2013

Anyone know if you are part time if you can get partial UE? Also I am in california so they pay me four hours at my benefit rate.  ...

Knee Arthroscopy With Partial Synovectomy
Dec 22, 2009

The patient seen back in follow up today with regard to postop left knee arthroscopy 11/11/09, with partial synovectomy and arthroscopic AUTO release. I can't find this anywhere, but that is what it sounds like.  Is auto correct?  Thanks. ...

Web Sites For Partial Names Of Medications
May 14, 2010

Does anyone have a good website where if you can only make out part of the name of a drug it will research everthing with that part.  I used to have one ages ago that all it needed was at least 3 letters, but have since lost it. Now a year or so later I am trying to find it again.   Any help is appreicated. ...

Epic - Partial Dictation Feature
May 11, 2011

I have a client that will be implementing an Epic EMR.  Epic has indicated to them that the providers can dictate a "partial dictation" during a note they are entering.  Epic offers them the option to have the transcriptionist transcribe that note directly into Epic.  So far, I have only been able to find MTSOs and in-house MTs who use the partial dictation feature, but have kept their old software platform (i.e., eScription, Nuance, etc) and the provider dictates into that s ...

Weekly Claim Questions For Partial UE
Jul 18, 2013

I just got off the phone with my state's UE office.  I was told that if I work more than 32 hours in a week, I will not receive partial UE for that week.  One of the questions asked when filing for a weekly claim by phone is:   During the week, did you miss work that was scheduled for you?  Answer "YES" if you did not work all of the hours that were available for you with your current employer.   If I "release" myself from work due to NJA, am I missing "work that ...