A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

applied to TTS last week - new-hire

Posted: Mar 31, 2014

I applied to TTS last week. Got an email within minutes of submitting the application and objective test asking when was a good time to call me. Got a phone call before I even replied to the email. Had a job offer on the spot. WTF. Felt very rushed into making a decision...no surprise given the horrible pay rate (0.0641 text and 0.0326 speech). But I accepted the job for the sole reason that I need a job that will give me benefits for me and the family. I don't even care so much about the crappy pay, I just need the bennies. Ugh. Gonna suck it up and do the best I can and try to hang in there 90 days (and beyond) to get health/dental for the fam.  I quit M2 back in January and left their good cheap insurance premiums behind. Family has been without "normal" insurance since then except for an emergency coverage thing for if we break our leg or something, but no coverage for regular doctor/dentist visits. Blah.

I did the same thing... - Far away

[ In Reply To ..]
but frankly despite my optimism, the pay is absolutely the worst. They nitpick to death on QA, really bad ESL, and I am barely making minimum wage. Good luck. I hope it's better for you.

TTS Insurance - Bear

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you ask how much the insurance is? When I worked at TTS, I paid over $700/month for insurance for just my daughter and me.

TTS Insurance - new-hire

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi Bear, this is the info I was given for their 3 United HealthCare plans. Biweekly premiums:

Employee only- - $114.00 $194.00 $145.00
Emp & Spouse-- $376.00 $549.00 $441.00
Emp & Children-- $318.00 $469.00 $375.00
Emp & Family-- $615.00 $798.00 $711.00

I have been at TTS - for almost a year

[ In Reply To ..]
I am on the eScription team so I know what you mean about the rates, however I like my account and I always have work. They also pay for headers and footers so I know that adds up, I am actually making more than previously when I was straight typing. My rate was higher then but when out of work all of the time who cares how high the rate is? It is nice making money again. Good luck to you.

Thank you! - new-hire

[ In Reply To ..]
This is good to hear. I'm going to be on the eScription team too. I hope I'll feel the same way as you do once I learn the account.

I was on eScription as well, also claimed I got 47/50 on the test, but was not shown results - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Same thing with me - Did not stay with them long

[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't interested in the benefits but just needed a job. Stayed with them for a few weeks, but quit because of being constantly hammered to "be faster" at editing, not using the mouse, etc. They even were going to "watch me work" on the back end to see how fast I was doing the VR. They thought my internet speed was too slow although it was the best I could get here. Couldn't take more than 3 minutes to research anything. Had to completely sign out before leaving the computer. Had to look up each dictator to make sure they had privileges. Had 17 pages of client specs plus each report had specific specs that you had to read before doing the report. Never worked so hard in my life for the crappy 3 cents a line for crappy VR, so quit after a couple weeks. Good luck to you.

I work on eScription and have never had the issues - you speak of with TTS

[ In Reply To ..]
Am never told to be faster with VR, never told not to use the mouse (in fact use it exclusively), never told me they would watch, never told me to not spend more than 3 minutes on researching, never, ever told to sign out when leaving the computer (how long were you taking leave when they told you that, a day or 2?), no looking up doctors to see if they have privileges, no reading thru X numbers of specs before a report( that sounds really weird, how would you produce anything if like that?) and I made more than 3 cents for VR. I have worked there for over 4 years now.

Lucky you. nm - Blah

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Well, good for you - Did not stay long

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps this is because you have been there for 4 years. This was told to me as a new hire just recently. Perhaps you are on a different account than I was. As far as "leaving the computer", this was for a bathroom break or any other kind of a break. I was told not to leave the computer until I had completely finished a report and then had to sign out completely. Yes, there were specs on each and every report that you had to read before typing the report. This was on a brand new account that they were just starting up and the VR was horrible. It typed out crap that did not even remotely sound like what was said. It was a constant "hurry, hurry" and they did not want me to use the mouse. Don't judge everybody by what you were told 4 years ago. This is NOW.
Maybe you are just not that good for them - to constantly be on your back so to speak
[ In Reply To ..]
Seems really odd that they have these really rough rules for the "newbies" as compared to someone hired say 4 years ago. You think they are just unaware that I am using the mouse as watching over your shoulder and know you are? To me sounds like your work is not up to what it should be and thus the constant breathing down your neck. Do you think they are hoping you will leave or have you already?
The eScription platform SHOWS that you are not using the mouse - Already said I did not stay
[ In Reply To ..]
Their crappy VR was so bad that I had to delete the whole thing and retype it myself-- but still got only 3 cents a line. It was definitely NOT worth staying for that piddly amount. Glad you enjoy it there because I sure didn't.
We were told, never, ever to delete a report and just - type it over, did you miss that memo
[ In Reply To ..]
Like I said, I always use the mouse, never and not once have I had them say diddly about me using a mouse, but then again have never deleted a report and retyped it over. JS.

TTS - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing here. I only worked for them a few weeks because it was the worst contract with the worst ESTs I have had experience with. The client was verbatim and anal about it. There was absolutely no way to be sure of what was being dictated, so it was a guessing game for most reports from the start. There was no way to make any money at 0.337 a line at that speed either. What a waste of my time!

good experience - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had a good experience with them. They did hire quickly. I only work PT for them as I work FT for Nuance but I just need some extra money which is what TTS has been able to provide me. I am on the Escription platform, have a very plentiful account, always needing extra if I can do it, pay is more then what they offered you but not by much. I am certainly not nitpicked on QA. In fact they never bother me at all about it. Of course, I am used to Nuance who that is their life goal is to nitpick you to death. So far it has worked great for me.

to newbutold - new-hire

[ In Reply To ..]
Good to hear it's going well for you. Are you IC? I have read that IC pay is slightly higher than employee. Thanks!

I'm an IC on their Dictaphone account. - good experience

[ In Reply To ..]
I absolutely LOVE them! I never get picked on. I get help when I need it. I never have run out of work so far. I get paid better than I have in years. Really. Not lying. I have no complaints.

aren't you lucky? LOL - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied (sent resume and tested with 47/50 correct). Got an email asking me to clarify things which were perfectly clear in my resume 15+ years acute care experience, 2nd shift preferred, currently with a full time job looking for parttime, computer specs, pedal specs, VR experience... everything matching to what they were requesting, then told I was not what they were looking for???? Curious as to why you shoed in so quickly and they brushed me aside. Perhaps for the better, I guess.

Me too - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had this same exact experience and also a 47/50. Two emails telling them details of my experience and companies. Told me going with other people. Very strange.

Similar Messages:

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Anybody With OSi Or Applied?
Apr 14, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know About MD-IT? I Applied For A Job...sm
Jun 07, 2010

I can't find any posts by searching either current or archives.  Does anyone work for them currently?  I would appreciate any infor, good or bad, anyone might have.  Thanks!  ...

Applied For UE, See What Happens
Jan 24, 2013

I am part time but signed on this morning, no work.  I do get half of my benefit rate for four hours so will see what UE says.  That thing where it says how much do you make per hour?? That is a tricky one.  I just divided what I normally make.  I wonder if they will call me. ...

For Everyone Who Applied With QMT...
Apr 04, 2014

I cannot reply to everyone who sent me a resume, but wanted you all to know that I was unable to keep the account I was subcontracting with, Patient First, so I will not be hiring any MTs to work on this with me.  It was very unprofitable for all of us to spend so much time working on the difficult doctors and keep up with all the account specifics and changing doctors without specific assignment and still be productive, so we called it quits.  Thank you to everyone who took the ...

What Is It With Companies, I Applied For Four Different
Apr 28, 2010

positions and did not hear from any of them, not even a thanks for applying, but no thanks.  I have 10+ years of experience and met or exceeded all their qualifications.  One company I did actually test for, never heard anything for days then finally a call and I missed the call and when I called back they would not even take my call, what's up with that? ...

Applied With Transcript USA
May 14, 2010

Applied with Transcript-USA.  They emailed and said they wanted to interview me.  They were supposed to call me yesterday.  Then they emailed and said person was out of office due to emergency and would call on Monday.  Then they emailed me today and said thanks for applying, but they can't use me!  Total BS - I did not pursue several other good leads because I thought this was a good company - it is a totally flakey, disorganized company instead - avoid them. ...

Applied For A QCE Job At An MTSO
Jan 06, 2012

I applied to a big MTSO as a quality control editor, editing already speech-recognized transcription, an hourly job, but they didn't tell me the wage until after the test that included the following:   SKILLS ASSESSMENT TEST SPECIFICSScreening:1) Spelling – Multiple Choice – 5-10 Questions2) Spelling – Fill in the Blanks – 5-10 Questions* 3) Sentences – Multiple Choice – 5-10 Questions4) Grammar/Usage – Choose Words – 5-10 Questions ...

Just Applied At Oracle
Jun 07, 2012

I just applied at Oracle.  I don't understand what they pay per line.  It says they have eScription as one of their platforms.  They want 3500 LPH part-time, 5000 LPH full-time.  Are they still in business or really hiring.  I was able to get onto their site but I seem to find things about them that are old - like comments.  Also, are they a big company?    Thank you.  ...

Applied At KS. Ad Says They Use Meditech. S/M
Jul 03, 2012

I just searched the archives for Meditech 2012 and this platform sounds like it sucks.  I have just learned the Escription platform but I need a day job and hate this VR crap.  My question is you who are working on Meditech, is it still time consuming and cutting into your pay?   ...

I Applied Just Before They Said They Were Hiring
Oct 23, 2012

I applied just before they said they were hiring...should I apply again?  Any suggestions? ...

Anyone Out There Applied For Unemployment And Gotten It?
Dec 04, 2012

Has anyone out there applied for unemployment and gotten it that had been considered a statutory employee? ...

Applied For MME Position And
Apr 23, 2013

I applied and took the test for the MME position like they wanted us to and this is the message I got. Thank you for your interest in a position with M*Modal. As you may know, the competition is exceptionally strong for this position. While your background has many impressive aspects, we have selected candidates who more closely fit our current business needs. Again, thank you for your interest in M*Modal. Thank you for your interest in a position with M*Modal. As you may know, the competi ...

Anyone Applied To A Posted
Apr 29, 2014

and actually received any sort of reply?  This drives me crazy. I feel like my internet wires are clogged and my applications are not making it past the wall of my room.     ...

Has Anyone Applied With QED Transcription?
Sep 18, 2014

I applied for a Behavioral Transcription position with Q.E.D transcription. I took all of the exams, including the Clinic and Behavioral transcription exams. I received aa 83.50 on the clinical exam and a 93.00 on the behavioral exam. However, I received an e-mail from Q.E.D stating that I did not pass the exams. I was wondering if anyone had applied with this company and taken the exams. If so, what score must one receive in order to pass the exams? ...

Has Anyone Applied At Phoenix Medcom
Dec 28, 2009

Has anyone applied at Phoenix Medcom over the last few weeks and gotten a response?  Also would love to hear pros and cons from anyone who works for this company.  Thanks.   ...

What's The Deal With Focus? I Have Applied Twice And Still Cannot
Apr 08, 2010

even get a response.  I have had almost 20 years of MT experience and I can only assume, based on what I read on here, that they don't want me because I am too experienced and they only want newbies who they can pay 6 or 7 cpl.  Has anyone else had this experience with them? ...

Has Anyone Applied For Partial Unemployment
Jul 17, 2010

Has anyone applied for partial unemployment and if so, were you able to get it?  All I ever get is NJA and I'll be damned if I am going to use all my PTO or sit by this computer 24/7.  I do not get up and do things as I should - I sit by this computer and constantly log into  DQS.  I must be nuts but MQ made me this way.  Thanks for any info!! ...

Recently Applied For A Job With Keystrokes
Jun 23, 2011

I have recently applied for a job with Keystrokes. Does anyone have information regarding this company?  If so, please share with me as I am looking something part time and one of my specialties is Otolaryngology. Thanks for any info you may have! ...

Anybody Applied To Advanced Transcription
Oct 01, 2010

Anybody applied to this company?  Anyone work for them?  For those of you who have interviewed with them, what was it like?  Thanks. ...

Applied To Transolutions A Few Days Ago
Jun 17, 2011

I applied to Transolutions a few days ago shortly after they posted their ad, but have heard nothing. Just wondered if anyone else has applied and had no response? I'm not a newbie, but have over 15 years in the medical transcription industry. ...

HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR JOB AT TTD, INC (THE TRANSCRIPTION DOCTORS)??
Aug 05, 2011

I've been watching the board, waiting on someone to post their experience with TTD, Inc. They've posted several jobs on this site. Surely, someone applied and got hired. I got hired, no testing, no training, got sent a few jobs, did them, submitted them, and haven't heard anything back in 2 days. I sent an e-mail asking if there was more work available, and NOTHING! How unprofessional, right? Someone please tell me what your experience was with them. ...

Applied For SOAP Transcription?
Nov 21, 2011

Has anyone else out there applied for one of there many positions and not heard anything? I applied for a few of them over a month ago and have not heard anything. I even sent them notes wondering if they got my resume and have not heard anything. ...

Has Anyone Applied At Landmark And/or Work There?
Dec 01, 2011

Has anyone applied at Landmark and/or work there?  How long does it usually take to get a response to test after you apply? ...

Applied And Tested For M*Modal
Mar 06, 2012

My question is this?  What is everyone's issue really?  I see a lot of complaining but I have found that in this industry if you do your work and stick to your schedule you make plenty of money.  In addition, I see complaints regarding not getting answers to questions, etc.  Can you not get information from account specs and research?  Again, this is an industry where you have to do some leg work to get the job done 90% of the time (most companies do not have team l ...

I Have Applied At United Transcription. . .
Aug 13, 2012

. . . so we'll see.  I don't particularly like that they give you a choice of set shifts, even as an IC, which is what I want, because I have to juggle my work with another job as a travel agent.  However, I HAVE to have at least 1000 lines a day to keep me going between commissions.  I usually work in the evenings and early in the morning and I have no problem with TAT.  I don't need to be babysat and held to a set schedule, since I have been doing this for 20 ...