A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

US companies who hire American MTs outside of country - ginnie

Posted: Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know of stateside MTSOs who hire MTs outside of the country.  After 30 plus years will be retiring outside of USA and would like to continue to work.

Now THERE is a "Catch-22"! My co. states - I can only work for them if I - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
live in the United States, yet most of their work goes to India. Go figure.

Well, you could move to - Southern lady

[ In Reply To ..]
Atlanta and work for a new company that is from India but get this, they have to hire US employees. It is not a transcription service, though. Just saw this on the news tonight. Name is Wipro and outsourcing from India. Hiring ITs and looking to hire hundred more in the next few years. I guess what goes around.....

Indian-owned is Indian-owned, whether the main - office is in Atlanta or Bangalore.

[ In Reply To ..]
No way do I want an Indian boss.

Outside US - FeelinFierce

[ In Reply To ..]
If you travel or decide to live outside the US, you are still a US citizen living in a foreign country on a visa. If you move to Mexico and have a broadband connection, what is stopping you from logging into your work PC? The checks are direct deposit. Many people travel outside the US and work on their PCs while doing so.

It seems to me it would be doable for an MT.

working from offshore as a US citizen - Nocturnal Hooter

[ In Reply To ..]
Who could possibly know? Especially if you pay up the extra $$ per minute to use a US-based prepaid cell phone for the interview, use a US-based email address, use a US-based bank account for the direct deposit for the paycheck, and "forget" to mention that you're living on the islands somewhere..... :)

Umm, ethics? morals? - Outofmymindyo

[ In Reply To ..]
The thing is, you have to give them a home address to work for them. I'm pretty sure that any company who wants to secure its data will also be recording IP addresses when you're logged in.

Where are you going to have the company send anything, should they need to? The issue isn't that you're a US citizen or that you're not, it's that you have easier access to foreign persons who may be wanting information that you have. Companies don't care what country you're from, only that you're able to do the job in which you are hired for, and that you do it by their rules, which is to live in the US.

The hospital I do work for required my address and last 4 of my social due to issues they had with an offshore Indian worker who wanted to sell their patient information unless she got some money.

I think the main reason they like for workers to be in the US is for legal reasons. How easy is it going to be to get the US law enforcement agencies to extradite someone because of legal issues pertaining to mishandling of records? It won't be. If you're in the US and you make a mistake or just plain do something you shouldn't be doing, it's easier to prosecute an offender on local soil.

My husband was stationed in Japan when I took and finished my MT course. I had a hard time finding a position because of it, but I eventually did. Don't go messing around with your prospective employers, or you may end up having it bite you in the end.
You can use.... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
a proxy to log in with a US IP address, use a Magic Jack with a US phone number for incoming/outgoing calls, and have them send anything to a family member's address in the US and have the family member forward it to you. Unless you sign a contract stating that your work cannot be done offshore, I don't see a problem with it. And, ethics, what is that? Remember, this is the MT industry.
Ya have to think smarter than the average bear.... - Nocturnal Hooter
[ In Reply To ..]
Think of things like "ghost addresses" and IP proxy routing.... Not to mention call-forwarding and prepaid cell phones. Oh my.... You really need to think outside the box....
Does that mean smarter = more illegal to you? - Outofmymindyo
[ In Reply To ..]
I just don't get why someone would want to start a business relationship with an employer by lying to them. I KNOW it's hard to be told you can't work for a company because you aren't in the US, even though you were born and raised there. I went through it myself. Perhaps I just have more scruples than the next MT, but I still think the old adage "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" still applies.

I don't think going around doing things improperly is the right way to do things. Sure, it's just my opinion, but I just hope that it gets through to someone.

I graduated with Honors from Career Step myself though and was given no further assistance than students who lived in the US. I wasn't given any information on finding positions while I lived outside the US.

Lying and cheating - Jack

[ In Reply To ..]
Shame on all of you who are less than honest. You are no better than the suits.

It may take some research and a lot of EMails, but I am sure - there are companies out there

[ In Reply To ..]

There are Canadian MTSOs who hire U.S. MTs and U.S. MTSOs who hire Canadian MTs, so there must be MTSOs out there that will hire an experienced MT who lives outside of the U.S.

You don’t by chance know anyone at Career Step.  They help out Military families by training and helping them find jobs.  Maybe they know of companies who will hire MTs living outside the U.S.

“Military spouses and war-wounded caregivers face unique challenges in obtaining training and employment due to residence mobility and the need to work from home in order to care for wounded veterans (see also Career Step).

Operation Life Transformed (OLT), a nonprofit organization supporting military spouses and war-wounded caregivers with education and employment resources, partnered with Career Step to provide online medical transcription and medical coding training and placement services.”

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-202367074.html

I would think that if you are an experienced transcriptionist, - JMO

[ In Reply To ..]
who just moved out of the country, they might consider you. I think that most companies do not want to hire out of country because most of that work looks like crap. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I would assume these people do not have the training to do the work.

The only catch there is, most MTSOs dont really - want truly experienced American MTs. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Agree with this post.... so true! As in everything else, - follow the money trail.

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would they want to pay anyone for experience? QA can catch the mistakes, they think.

Similar Messages:

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...

Which American Companies Offshore Work?
Jan 25, 2012

I'm writing a report for school (switching fields after 20+ yrs as an MT) and need some help please.  I need input about which U.S. transcription companies outsource work to India, Philippines, etc.  All help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Why Don't The Big Companies Want To Hire
May 31, 2010

part-timers for weekend work anymore?  That's the way it was done for years, full-timers for M-F and part-timers for weekends, and it worked great because so many MTs are looking for extra weekend part-time work anyway.  It seems to be mostly the bigger corporations, as usual, changing things for the worse here.  Is it just the laziness of the HR & management people, not wanting to process part-timers?  I suspect a lot of the very-experienced MTs are working at small ...

Any Companies Hire M-F?
May 15, 2014

I know this is an extreme long-shot, but I'm wondering if there are any good MT companies out there that hire M-F and pay a fair line rate (for the way things are today anyway). It doesn't matter to me whether I work employee or IC. I just left Nuance a couple months ago and am working general transcription on my own schedule right now, but it's way too strenuous for the pay rate and the work is sporadic. I've got to figure out my next move, but I hate to go back to working e ...

Companies That Hire Newbies
Dec 03, 2009

I have a friend who is looking for an MT job. She is just about done with school. Can anyone help me out with companies who hire newbies? I know there was a list on here at one time, long ago, but I cannot seem to find it. I think it was actually on the "old" board.   Thanks! ...

Will Companies Hire A New MT From Careerstep
Apr 08, 2010

I am taking the Careerstep course and I am going to finish very soon.  I hear that many companies wave their experience requirement if you take the Careerstep course, because it is so thorough and you transcribe so many reports that you can easily find a job.  Is this true?  Anyone out there graduate from Careerstep and find a job easily as a new MT.  I mean how do you get the jobs if you do not have the experience.  ...

Do You Know Any Companies That Hire New Graduates.
Jun 18, 2010

We need a start somewhere to get the experience. Looking forward to your reply.   Thank You Lena ...

Which Companies Hire EMPLOYEES?
Jan 31, 2012

I have a PT gig working as an IC but need a FT gig so want it as employee status. Which companies hire employees rather than ICs?  NO large nationals, please!  I'm not gonna go there.  :) ...

Which Companies Will Not Hire You If You Live In A Certain State
May 24, 2010

Would anyone who has been denied applying to a company because of the State they live in please post the name of the Company and the name of the State(s) they do not hire from. I think this only pertains to EMPLOYEE Status, but if Independent Contractors have been denied, please indicate that you wanted IC status. NetMed Transcription only hires from 12 States – Employee Status Alabama Arizona Arkansas California Florida Indiana Kansas North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Texas ...

Any Companies Hire PT That Supply Equipment?
Nov 13, 2011

Thanks ...

Which Companies Hire Part Time And Also
May 11, 2012

don't lock you into a schedule (IOW, you can work whatever hours you want)? ...

Anyone Know Of Any Companies Which Hire For About 15 Hours Per Week?
May 17, 2013

Just wondering if any of you know of any companies which are hiring part-time transcriptionists for 12 to 15 hours per week?  Thank you ...

Are There Any Companies Still Out There That Hire For Straight Typing?
Apr 21, 2014

I've given VR a fair shot for close to a year now, but I still type much faster than I edit, so I've lost quite a bit of money since my account went to VR last year.  I know that VR is almost everywhere these days, but does anyone know of any decent companies that still have straight typing and are actually hiring right now?  I'm looking for acute care and I really don't care if it's IC or employee status at this point.  I just want to do regular transcrip ...

Companies That Hire Part Time
Dec 16, 2014

Does anyone know of a good company to work for that hires part time??  That is all I want and alot of the companies on Job seeker's board want full time.  I would appreciate any input!! ...

Companies That Hire For Acute Care Positions
Aug 17, 2010

Are there any companys that hire for acute care positions without acutal acute care experience.  I have extensive experience with multispecialty clinics but everytime I try to apply for acute care they want you to have acute care experience.  ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Straight Typing That Hire ICs Left? Sm
Mar 20, 2013

please message me if you have any advice.  Lost my great job to EMR and have NEVER done speech rec, but need a JOB! ...

Are There Any Companies That Hire Part Time IC Verbatim?
Jul 17, 2013

Thanks for the info! ...

Which Companies (that Hire Americans) Have The Hospital Accounts? (sm)
Sep 06, 2014

I've not worked for one of the big national companies for a decade, but would love to get back to working on a teaching hospital account or two.  ...

Do Companies Hire ICs With A Line Committment Rather Than Hours?
Jan 03, 2015

I have a full-time MT job working in-office, but would like to make extra money as an IC in the evenings and on weekends, but I don't necessarily want to commit to a certain amount of hours, but would rather commit to producing a minimum amount of lines per day or per pay period.  Any companies that work that way? ...

Has Anyone Sought Legal Advice Regarding Companies That Hire W/no Work?
Jan 30, 2010

nm ...

Companies Who Hire Part-time With The EScription Platform
Nov 22, 2010

Can you tell the names of companies who hire part-time with the eScription platform.  Wanting to learn this...   Thanks! ...

Companies That Hire Only Voice Recognition Part Time?
Feb 21, 2013

Is anyone familiar with any companies that hire only voice recognition part time?  I'm working at one now but I don't think it's going to work out. ...

Afro-American Versus African-American
Nov 17, 2012

Afro pertains to a "hair style" usually worn by black people or African-Americans. African-American refers to a group or nationality of people whose decendants originated in Africa. Has anyone ever been corrected on that when getting audited? Just curious. I see this a lot. P.S. Not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone so please, no racial slurs or offensive posts. This is a ligitmate question. How do you type it? or do you think it matters? ...

Is It "illegal" For Companies To Hire ICs To Do Their VA Work?
Mar 22, 2010

Just wondering.  Thank you! ...

List Of Companies That Hire "true" IC?
Sep 16, 2014

Searching in vain for companies that hire IC status with no scheduled/required hours, only requiring a certain number of lines within a 12 hour or 24 hour period.  They seem hard to come by these days.  Really need that kind of flexibility.  Thank you, in advance, for your input  ...

Would You Hyphenate Cross Country
Jul 18, 2011

The patient is from X and travelled cross country on a tricycle motorbike.  May be a stupid question, but forgive me, it is Monday!!!  Thanks! ...

Country Bouncing Hospital
May 23, 2012

Okay, many months ago my area lost an account overseas because, according to the CCM, there were way too many blanks and the client was not happy.  (Why they would think going overseas would make the work better, I don't know).  Not too long ago, that account has come back to US soil saying that there were still getting too many blanks.  Once again, they are complaining of too many blanks from the US MTs. I'm thinking that maybe the blank problem has nothing to do wit ...

ANY HOSPITALS IN THE COUNTRY HIRING IN-HOUSE?
Jan 04, 2012

I was wondering if there are any hospitals that are hiring full-time transcriptionists for in-house transcriptionists -- not MTSO companies -- but actual hospitals or clinics.  I might be willing to relocate.  ...

Guys, WHY Are People Across Our Country And Around The Planet
May 01, 2012

Don't think today was that big? When was the last time this happened? This is remarkable, and it is the beginning because it has to be. International business has institutionalized exploitation and ruthless profiteering to the point that there has to be change. Notice that other countries are no longer willing to be where companies go to pay pennies instead of dollars? This is good! This is something BIG building. Look for quiet ways to take a stand now and plan to find a way to build our ...

Working While Visiting A Foreign Country
Jun 12, 2012

Hi All, Because of family "emergency" I may have to go overseas for a few weeks.  I'd like to keep working because I don't have any leave available right now.  I'm wondering if any of you out there have ever brought your laptop and worked from a foreign country.  If so, were there any technical issues?  I know some websites have their access blocked from certain parts of the world and I'm wondering if DocQScribe and DocQManage have any issues like that. ...