A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Websites or books for OP terminology - sm

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

Meant to post in the word help section.  Hopefully it gets moved.  Sorry.

I have been a clinic transcriptionist for 14 years in all specialties but have very little hospital experience and no experience with OP notes.  I started a new job this week and was asked if I wanted to try hospital/OP notes so I said sure.  I figured since my production and accuracy were going to be lower due to the new platform, account specs, dictators, etc., it would be as good a time as any and is something I want to learn anyway.  So, in three days I only have about 1700 lines total and QA score of just over 99. 

I plan to spend at least one of my days off brushing up on the terminology since that's where I'm having the most problems.  Does anybody have any suggestions of websites and/or books?  I have the Stedman's Medical & Surgery book but so far it hasn't helped much.

Useful website incl OP reports - VeteranMT

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was learning the mastery of MT work (particularly OP reports) a physician friend suggested this site which I found to be very useful.

Search the links on the left and there are some really good samples, including Operative Reports.

http://sites.google.com/site/medicaltranscriptionwordhelp/home

Thanks a bunch. - I will definitely check that out. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Try this website for many sample reports - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
http://medicaltranscriptionwordhelp.synthasite.com/

Similar Messages:

Medical Websites
Aug 29, 2011

Are there any medical websites that are like textbooks for dermatology, cardiology, etc. I can't seem to find very much in-depth information on the web. I am trying to pass some on-line transcription tests, but can't seem to find enough detailed information. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

ENT And Dentistry Reference Websites
Jun 13, 2010

Does anyone have any really good ENT and dentistry websites to share. I need some good reference websites. Does anyone know of any websites that have word lists that might be a little helpful to a newbie? I plan on getting some specialty word books, but I can not afford them at the present time. Thanks in advance! ...

Labor And Delivery Websites?
Oct 13, 2011

Anyone know of a good site for labor and delivery terms?  I can't seem to find one that has anything beyond laymen terms. Thanks in advance! ...

Orthopedics Words Trustworthy Websites?
Nov 17, 2011

Doing all orthopedics now, wondering if there are any seasoned orthopedics MTs that can refer me to some websites that you trust for terminology.  Thanks.  ...

Helpful Medical Transcription Websites
Jan 23, 2012

Just want to make a list of helpful MT websites. 1. www.mtstars.com add more helpful websites to this list. amanda ...

MTJobs And MTDaily Websites Have Shut Down-sm
Jan 09, 2015

I just noticed that MTJobs and MTdaily are no longer functioning... ...

Could Anyone Recommend Good Medical Coding Websites?
Jan 31, 2012

Hello, I am becoming disenchanted with the medical transcription profession and how it has become less lucrative (although some may disagree). I wanted to look into medical coding as an alternative at-home (remote) or in-office job.  I was hoping someone could recommend a few good websites that discuss the profession, how to prepare for it, how long training typically takes before you can "launch yourself", how lucrative it could be if you really apply yourself, and so on. I've hear ...

GYN TERMINOLOGY
Sep 13, 2012

The sentence reads:  Status post vaginal polypectomy with luteinized cells secondary to ovary which was bound down to the cuff at s/l BS&O or VS&O or VSNO???? Thanks! ...

Eye Terminology
Dec 01, 2012

"Once the intraocular lens was in the capsular bag it was realized that the lens was a Toric ReSTOR and not a (plane/plain) ReSTOR." not sure which plane/plain, cannot find anywhere. ...

HEENT Terminology
Nov 06, 2009

Patient has pain in the right submandibular triangle. It is recommended that he have a "sialadenosubmandibular duct endoscopy." Is there such a term? Thanks. ...

Medical Terminology
Mar 22, 2010

Tachy palpitations is this tachy/palpitations or tachy-palpitations or one word? ...

Eye Surgery Terminology
Jun 29, 2010

Eye examination under anesthesia. #.   Placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye. #.   Incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle. Dictator is doing eye examination under anesthesia, placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye., incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle.   Does anyone know of a 2-dough-plast tissue?  I cannot hear "tonoplast."   ...

Terminology - S/l Dyssyneresis
Mar 31, 2011

There was (s/l) dyssyneresis between the septum and the posterolateral wall on left ventriculography. - Cannot find in medical dictionary or medical speller. Any ideas? ...

Tracheostomy Terminology
Mar 28, 2012

"Ongoing tracheostomy with 8 liters of oxygen per the s/l HAG (or HEG) flow by." I haven't found anything with the "HAG" or "HEG" yet or even anything on a tracheostomy "flow by".  He sometimes dictates things backwards and I have to reword quite a bit.   ...

Dermatology Terminology
Apr 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a good dermatology website?  Thanks! ...

Spinal Terminology
Nov 15, 2012

This PA is dictating MRI lab results for spinal consultation.  She is saying what s/l "roove sleeve cis" at T9 to T12 bilaterally. Could she be meaning "root sleeve cysts" or even "root sheath cysts" ?? Thanks for any help!  ...

Help With CABG Terminology
Jul 05, 2013

12 years on nephrology and first day on cardiology -- I'm sure this is obvious, but I've googled and cannot find something that works. Status post multivessel CABG (5 vessel - LIMA to LAD, free RIMA to OM1, sequential SVG to acute marginal and s/l LPLB2, and SVG to diagonal 1 - Dr. Clarence Owen).   ...

Amazing That We Know Terminology For
Jun 17, 2014

I'm sure most doctors can't hold a candle to our knowledge of terminology for the dozens of specialities out there, including surgical terms.  Are we underpaid or what?? ...

Dermatology/Plastics Terminology
Dec 15, 2009

Where would I find terminology for the abofe subject. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

Radiation Therapy Terminology? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

Anyone know of a good site(s) to get in-depth radiation therapy terminology?  I have about 50 jobs in queue and have never typed it!  Thought I'd ask here if anyone has a site they like while I continue to look for one.  Thanks a million for any help!  ...

Spanish Medical Terminology
Dec 29, 2011

I need suggestions for programs that teach medical terminology in Spanish.  Thanks.  ...

PET Scan Imaging Report Terminology Help Needed!
Jul 17, 2010

I am going to paste the paragraph two words are located in that I'm having trouble with.  I am hoping that someone who is familiar with radiology terminology can help me out on this.  It sounds to me like the physician is saying:  subcurrent and precurrent.  I've gone to every source I can think of, but no luck in confirming that this makes any sense. Here's the paragraph: IMAGING EVALUATION:  PET CT scan done [___] reveals hypermetabolic adenopathy in ...

Books Or Web?
Jan 31, 2010

i'm starting a new orthopedic acount. is there any reason for me to get orthopedic books like stedmans, or is it all out there on the web? does anyone have any experience with this? thanks! ...

What Are The Best Books For New MT's??
Dec 26, 2010

I really want to be the best MT I can be.  ...

New One For The Books...
May 25, 2012

This one really got me today....doc dictating a review of systems VR.  Self-explanatory I think. Dictated: Genitourinary. Speech wreck: Jenny Toe Urinary This system will never work!!! LOL ...

Reference Books
Nov 20, 2009

Question regarding use of reference books....I've been working for the same transcription company for 10 years and have kept very busy in that time, but as of the last six months, they have lost accounts and work has dropped off significantly.    I applied for a job last week that asked me which reference books I currently use.  To be honest, I haven't renewed any of my reference books in about 8 years, as I found it to be much, much quicker to locate terms via the Internet if you ...

Ophthalmology Books
Dec 09, 2009

The only ophthalmology book I am aware of is Stedman's.  Is there another one that is better?  I am only a little bit familiar with ophthalmology OP's and need a good book.  Thanks. ...

BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can download reference books to buy?  I would like to skip the wait for books and just download reference materials/resources.  Any ideas?  Looking for drug reference books, etc. ...

Discount Books
Apr 21, 2010

I have spent forever looking for where we can buy the discount books on MQCentral - can anyone help me????  ...

MT Books Question
Dec 08, 2012

Hi all, I have a bunch of Stedman's word books that I don't want to go through the trouble of selling.  I just want to maybe donate them somewhere in one swoop, but where would one donate something like this? I am not wanting to ship them anywhere, either. Any ideas, smart people? I stopped updating my books some years ago when our pays weren't what they were before that, and also with the Internet they weren't as big a necessity as years prior. I never updated all of ...